VS
VS

Kraven the Hunter

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Random Encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation
  • Kraven has some bolas, a hunting rifle, 3 spears, a blow gun with 30 poison darts, along with a hunting knife

• Begin visible
  • Begin 50 feet apart
  • All fight take place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cdiddyman911

Luther FTW

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This could be a good fight. IIRC Kraven had some kind of superhuman upgrade recently? I dunno. But the fact he regularly tangles with various spiders and symbiotes shows he's more than capable of fighting Strode here.

Although I am inclined to give it to Strode because of his resiliency. He's shown a resistance to poisons/nerve toxins and his healing is crazy. Kravens main way to kill him would be decapitation and I don't see that as being likely when Luther gets going in this fight.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Luther will win, eventually. His healing-factor will negate the effects of the poison darts. Bullets and stab wounds are the least of his problems.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mismatch. Kraven wins.

Kraven is faster, stronger, and possibly more durable overall. Also he has weapons where Luther with his double Peak Human stats has nothing?

Kraven wins.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be a good fight. IIRC Kraven had some kind of superhuman upgrade recently? I dunno. But the fact he regularly tangles with various spiders and symbiotes shows he's more than capable of fighting Strode here.

Although I am inclined to give it to Strode because of his resiliency. He's shown a resistance to poisons/nerve toxins and his healing is crazy. Kravens main way to kill him would be decapitation and I don't see that as being likely when Luther gets going in this fight.

Yea after grim hunt Kraven got a healing factor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now spider-man and kaine are the only ones who can kill him supposedly.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: How is this remotely fair Jash? Even the Toxins he has will end Luther real quick like it did to Healing Factor Venom.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mismatch. Kraven wins.

Kraven is faster, stronger, and possibly more durable overall. Also he has weapons where Luther with his double Peak Human stats has nothing?

Kraven wins.

I know it must be painful for you to type that.....lol.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Since his resurrection, if memory serves, Kraven can only be killed by Spidey (or someone like Kaine who shares Spidey's blood) so death isn't an option here. This could boil down how resistant Strode is to poisons and toxins. Not all healing factors are created equal, and I don't know if his has shown any resilience to it. Kraven is also incredibly difficult to KO. He tangles with Spidey-level characters regularly, and can take their hits. It took Kaine a full-bore palm strike to the chest to put Kraven down, and it only did so because it stopped his heart. If it becomes an attrition fight I think Luthor's healing could win the day, but I really don't know how well it'd do against Kraven's poisons and toxins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch. Kraven wins.

Kraven wins.

Dude, you can't complain about Luther being lowballed if you're going to keep bringing up the statements. As we all saw, he contradicted himself massively. And his statements were rough estimates anyway. We can't take them into account without a heap of salt. Luther is still the same Luther.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@indiecomicsftw said:

Mismatch. Kraven wins.

Kraven wins.

I know it must be painful for you to type that.....lol.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ahhh cool. Kraven could pull some wins because of that actually.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jashro44: How is this remotely fair Jash? Even the Toxins he has will end Luther real quick like it did to Healing Factor Venom.

Because I don't believe in writer statements. And Jordans even stated that was his opinion on Luthers strength. Its not the law. And hasn't Luther resisted toxins specifically designed for him from binder? I will reduce the number of poison darts though.

EDIT: Actually since people are still backing Luther and Luther can dodge the darts I will leave it be.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't we seen enough Luthor Strode threads today?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is ICFTW having a sulk?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier

Since his resurrection, if memory serves, Kraven can only be killed by Spidey (or someone like Kaine who shares Spidey's blood) so death isn't an option here. This could boil down how resistant Strode is to poisons and toxins. Not all healing factors are created equal, and I don't know if his has shown any resilience to it. Kraven is also incredibly difficult to KO. He tangles with Spidey-level characters regularly, and can take their hits. It took Kaine a full-bore palm strike to the chest to put Kraven down, and it only did so because it stopped his heart. If it becomes an attrition fight I think Luthor's healing could win the day, but I really don't know how well it'd do against Kraven's poisons and toxins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will try to dig and find the scan, but Binder shot nerve toxins into a lot of Luther crucial nerve bundles. Now because Luthers healing primarily relies on Luthers brain communicating with his body, having his nervous system attacked in such a way with nerve toxins completely removed Luthers ability to heal. In theory, anyway. Luther managed to overcome the nerve toxins and continue healing normally. So I don't know how effective Kravens poisons and toxins will be here.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

I figured this one wasn't a mismatch/joke thread so it would be OK.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@indiecomicsftw said:

Mismatch. Kraven wins.

Kraven wins.

Dude, you can't complain about Luther being lowballed if you're going to keep bringing up the statements. As we all saw, he contradicted himself massively. And his statements were rough estimates anyway. We can't take them into account without a heap of salt. Luther is still the same Luther.

This is his official word, and in my line of thinking, its law. Writer Statements > Feats > Bios.

He cannot even lift a god d@mn car over his head.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: He stated that luther couldn't lift a car over his head a long time ago...Like before you started reading Luthers comics. This isn't really news to be honest. He said its a rule of thumb as well......He can still be a 5 tonner or so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Yeah but he is saying himself stuff like he is not "creating a mathematically precise fight calculator" and that he isn't giving Luther specific limits like a Marvel handbook, or even calculating the physics involved.

You cannot take what he is saying as law when he's blatantly telling us he essentially doesn't know the ins and outs of what he wrote. His statements were mere estimates man, nothing more. Just roll with Strode how he is on paper like we all have been doing.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jashro44: Well since the statements went out, people think Strode inst as powerful as he is shown to be. Those statements ruined Strode in the feats department, even though they mean nothing. Almost every Strode thread from now on will now be a joke thread.

You will be missed sweet prince.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@granitesoldier said:

I will try to dig and find the scan, but Binder shot nerve toxins into a lot of Luther crucial nerve bundles. Now because Luthers healing primarily relies on Luthers brain communicating with his body, having his nervous system attacked in such a way with nerve toxins completely removed Luthers ability to heal. In theory, anyway. Luther managed to overcome the nerve toxins and continue healing normally. So I don't know how effective Kravens poisons and toxins will be here.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is ICFTW having a sulk?

He's been whining about Luthor Strode allllllllllll daaaaaaaaaayy

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw: He stated that luther couldn't lift a car over his head a long time ago...Like before you started reading Luthers comics. This isn't really news to be honest. He said its a rule of thumb as well......He can still be a 5 tonner or so.

WTF?! He made this post today. Today Jash.....

In fact he made this post because he read the Luther Depowered thread lol.

@indiecomicsftw: Yeah but he is saying himself stuff like he is not "creating a mathematically precise fight calculator" and that he isn't giving Luther specific limits like a Marvel handbook, or even calculating the physics involved.

You cannot take what he is saying as law when he's blatantly telling us he essentially doesn't know the ins and outs of what he wrote. His statements were mere estimates man, nothing more. Just roll with Strode how he is on paper like we all have been doing.

Why should we throw them out? He states explicitly in his post above to the Luther depower thread this is fact. And like I said earlier, this floods the anti Luther debates with easy writer statements how Batman or Deathstroke are ahead of Strode by his own writer!!

Im just rolling with it now, Luther battle forum wise is a joke now thanks to the ease people have to these statements by Justin Jordan.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All this commotion over some high school punk?

Jeeeez.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Well since the statements went out, people think Strode inst as powerful as he is shown to be. Those statements ruined Strode in the feats department, even though they mean nothing. Almost every Strode thread from now on will now be a joke thread.

You will be missed sweet prince.

I guess all though that seems so stupid.

@i_like_swords said:

Why should we throw them out? He states explicitly in his post above to the Luther depower thread this is fact. And like I said earlier, this floods the anti Luther debates with easy writer statements how Batman or Deathstroke are ahead of Strode by his own writer!!

Im just rolling with it now, Luther battle forum wise is a joke now thanks to the ease people have to these statements by Justin Jordan.

Have you noticed you're the only one who is taking it that way...Yea we weigh the statement in with the feats but we don't just dismiss all the other feats that happened...Not really sure what the big deal is.

You guys are making this into something its not....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this commotion over some high school punk?

Jeeeez.

My reaction to most high school massacres

LOL kidding

not

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

Seriously is it too much to ask for a middle ground with luther? I feel people either over exaggerate his abilities or just go solely off what Justin Jordans has said....

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44: Then, I guess, I am just disgusted with the Character in a Battle scenario. he is not higher than Captain America now, and I see no reason to "Overhype him" like you pointed out before :/

No Caption Provided

I feel now I have Overrated Strode to the most highest degree, and all I can say is sorry to every single person I debated against with him.

He is Captain America level at best.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Yea you were overrating him for a bit but now you are underrating him.....

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw: Yea you were overrating him for a bit but now you are underrating him.....

Oh, now I am underrating him. Sure Jash, whatever. Never happy where I put him are ya?

It just sucks I like all the crappy characters and they turn out to be inferior to characters I dislike. Ultimate are inferior to 616, Ghost Rider is inferior to Shadow Land Daredevil or Venom, and now Luther is Inferior to Captain America. Im like a straight man in a Gay Bar! I cannot win.

I guess I still have Spawn to debate for :/

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44 said:

Because I don't believe in writer statements.

This right here. Let's bear in mind, most writers really have no clue. You have characters that need normal, plain old oxygen to breath, and can talk in space or underwater...a writers statement is one thing, but when the feats show otherwise...

Come on @indiecomicsftw, chin up. The writer obviously doesn't know what he is talking about, and has proven he doesn't have a major in physics/science/etc...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

Because I don't believe in writer statements. And Jordans even stated that was his opinion on Luthers strength. Its not the law. And hasn't Luther resisted toxins specifically designed for him from binder? I will reduce the number of poison darts though.

EDIT: Actually since people are still backing Luther and Luther can dodge the darts I will leave it be.

This right here. Let's bear in mind, most writers really have no clue. You have characters that need normal, plain old oxygen to breath, and can talk in space or underwater...a writers statement is one thing, but when the feats show otherwise...

NO! Feed Cadence's depression!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wyldsong
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just waiting for Mark Millar to say that Ultimate Cap would lose to Batman

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Lol...

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

Problem is I can never debate him the same way since its clear by many peoples opinions I overrated him, and the writer statements prove it. So It just me, but Luther is not worthy of a praise he gotten apparently before now.

I cannot ever be taken seriously trying to make Luther more than what he is in a debate now :/

So he is Cap level.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jashro44 said:

Seriously is it too much to ask for a middle ground with luther? I feel people either over exaggerate his abilities or just go solely off what Justin Jordans has said....

I still view him the same way. I never really took the precog seriously and I always felt his speed was a little overrated but other than Jordans clarification pretty much confirming it, he's still the same. Kraven will have a hand full trying to tag him but he has gotten his licks into Spider-Man who has legitimate precog. I think Kraven will eventually win :)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@dondave said:

Lol...

And I would have to suck it up and agree :/

Ultimate Cap is already debated being inferior to Batman in some of the debates around here anyway.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@dondave said:

Lol...

I'm waiting for Mark Millar to say that Ultimate Cap isn't even superhuman.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Oh, now I am underrating him. Sure Jash, whatever. Never happy where I put him are ya?

It just sucks I like all the crappy characters and they turn out to be inferior to characters I dislike. Ultimate are inferior to 616, Ghost Rider is inferior to Shadow Land Daredevil or Venom, and now Luther is Inferior to Captain America. Im like a straight man in a Gay Bar! I cannot win.

Once again...The Battle Forum is not where you should judge a characters worth. Everybody is going to lose to someone else. From what I gather you were massively over-inflating him from the very beginning and now that the writer has said that he isn't everything you want him to be he suddenly isn't worth Sh!t to you? You're the worst kind of fan if that's the case.

Honestly, who gives a Sh!t if he's Spider-Man/Midnighter Level or Batman/Captain America Level...or somewhere in between? That should have zero f**king bearing on how much you like the character.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, can someone ask Justin Jordans straight up. Interview him. He's all over the place.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jashro44 said:

Once again...The Battle Forum is not where you should judge a characters worth. Everybody is going to lose to someone else. From what I gather you were massively over-inflating him from the very beginning and now that the writer has said that he isn't everything you want him to be he suddenly isn't worth Sh!t to you? You're the worst kind of fan if that's the case.

Honestly, who gives a Sh!t if he's Spider-Man/Midnighter Level or Batman/Captain America Level...or somewhere in between? That should have zero f**king bearing on how much you like the character.

And yet I am not saying I will not continue to read the comics, he is just nowhere above Cap America level IMO. I still think Strode is cool and will read the next few comics he has coming out.

Just sucks his worth for debating drooped, and if that makes me a bad fan to be upset he is not at all what he seem to be by feats, then I will gladly be a bad fan rather a annoying ****ing troll like yourself who always call me out, tag, or just talk crap about me in any thread I am in.

Flagged BTW.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@monsterstomp said:

Seriously, can someone ask Justin Jordans straight up. Interview him. He's all over the place.

He already stated his thoughts a few hour ago.

Loading Video...

Justin Jordan everyone.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MonsterStomp
IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By IndieComicsFTW
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp said:

@indiecomicsftw: LMAO. I assume you're Cade?

Pffft was it really that hard to figure it out? Cadence? Cade?

I didn't even look at the name at first. Just saw Mach 2+ and laughed.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers