Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Current version of both
  • BFR allowed (doesn't count as victory)
  • 30 minutes to prep
  • Battle start 15 feet apart
  • No weapons (Just h2h)
  • No help
  • Morals off,bloodlusted
  • Wins by death or incapacitation

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hawkman

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shavo

i have been seeing a lot of threads with this guy what can he do exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Super strength, which he uses to kill people in the most brutal fashions. Can run through and dodge machine gun fire like it isn't there. Has precognition allowing him to see a thousands moves ahead of an opponent. Has an insane healing factor and durability to boot. Just a general badass.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cameron83

@tabascosauce said:

Super strength, which he uses to kill people in the most brutal fashions. Can run through and dodge machine gun fire like it isn't there. Has precognition allowing him to see a thousands moves ahead of an opponent. Has an insane healing factor and durability to boot. Just a general badass.

wait,he has precognition?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Current version of both
  • BFR allowed (doesn't count as victory)
  • 30 minutes to prep
  • Battle start 15 feet apart
  • No weapons (Just h2h)
  • No help
  • Morals off,bloodlusted
  • Wins by death or incapacitation

Also,awesome thread. I love when you make DC vs Image/Top Cow/Valiant,etc...

Do you plan on doing one with Spawn? Perhaps Etrigan or (if spawn is too powerful,which he might be) someone like Larfleeze or Perhaps the JLA?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@tabascosauce said:

Yep. Here:

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tabascosauce said:

Yep. Here:

OOHHH I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HAWKMAN LOL

But...ya wanna debate?

I've got some scans of Hawkman :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@cameron83 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tabascosauce said:

Yep. Here:

But...ya wanna debate?

Alright, sure.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@cameron83 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tabascosauce said:

Yep. Here:

But...ya wanna debate?

Alright, sure.

do you wanna start :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yup.

I'm copy and pasting this from a CAV match I'm in as to save typing

His Physical Attributes:

Strength - Luther is in every way, superhuman in strength. His strength is applied in the most brutal and efficient fashion.

Now, I'll describe to you what is included in these scans that really show off the extent of Luthers strength.

Scan 1 showcases just how great his striking power is. You see Luther literally turn someones head into paste.He hits him with such force that his head instantly is reduced to mush. You can see by the shockwaves in the scan that his striking force is definitely something to be reckoned with, also considering just how dense the human skull is.

Scan 2 is an example of what happens when Luthers loved ones are threatened. He mutilates a room full of armed fodder with relative ease. This was before his power truly manifested.

Scan 3 is a good showcase of strength as well as reaction speed. Jack the Ripper, shown in the scan to be a respectably fast speedster, is not only caught by Luther, but is slammed into the ground using his momentum, creating a massive crater in the ground. Take from that scan which you will.

Scan 4 and 5 - Now, a bit of backstory. The man Luther is fighting against is his first nemesis. "The Librarian." He sent Luther the Hercules Method. He is in every bit Luthers physical equal, at this point in the fight (prior to this he was his arguably superior). So now that you have an idea of Luthers situation, I'll describe the scans:

In scan four you see the warehouse falling apart gradually as the impact of their punches takes effect. In scan five, you see the warehouse fall apart, explode, crumble. Luther is instantly un-phased, returns to his feet, and rips the skull and spine clean off of the Librarians body. An impressive feat no doubt, but just how impressive? Well, here is a strength feat for his opponent.

No Caption Provided

Busts through the roof of an armored van and crushes the skulls of two police officers, and proceeds to effortlessly rip two steel doors clean of their hinges. A terrifyingly powerful opponent, that Luthor killed in the most brutal fashion.

Speed

Now, you may be under the impression that Luthor is just a bruiser who isn't a afraid to get bloody. You'd be wrong. He is in fact quick; blindingly so.

Both of these scans show that Luther is infact a casual bullet dodger. The key word here is dodger, not timer.

He effortlessly weaves through machine gun fire almost as if it isn't even there, and proceeds to dispatch the fodder with brutal efficiency.

Now, dodging bullets is one thing, but fighting someone who has comparable or faster speed to you is quite another. Fortunately, Luthor has two feats to further reinforce my case for his combat speed.

In the first scan we again see the Librarian. Luthers mother fires a bullet going straight for his head. He allows the bullet to leave the barrel, and to get mere inches away from his head before moving out the way. This is a guy who has far more experience than Luther, and judging from this scan, has immense speed and reaction time. Luther not only kept up with him in combat blow for blow, he defeated him. A true testament to his speed.

In the second we see the scan with Jack the Ripper again. Jack the Ripper is an immensely fast speedster, and Luther manages to catch him and slam him into the ground.

As a midway note. We've talked about the Librarian already plenty. I think it's worth mentioning that although Luther has not got a vast amount of showings, his fight with the Librarian shows his natural fighting skill and determination, considering he is outclassed in experience by a great amount during his fight with him.

Precognition

It just gets better, right? Luther has a powerful form of precognition, allowing him to "see the thousands of moves someone can make before they make them." Here are some showings of this:

In the first scan you see Luthers first experience of his precognitive abilities, able to effortlessly tag his school bully.

Now that we sort of know how it works, here's the impressive part:

In the second scan, Luthers precognitive abilities fully manifest after he is tricked into killing is own mother. He is able to predict and counter the Librarian, his physical equal. I've already shown the Librarians skill and speed, so it goes to show how extensive Luthers precog is.

Durability and Healing Factor

"The mind commands and the flesh obeys" is the explanation that Luthors healing factor has been given.

Luther is every bit as durable as he is powerful. How much so?

Luther has his intestines ripped out by the Librarian. So what does he do? What any normal person would do, obviously; snap the Librarians neck with them, and then use his mind to command his organs to heal near instantly.

It's also a testament to both of their healing factors considering the Librarian recovered from this attack and healed fully in a few seconds time.

No Caption Provided

This scan shows just how thick Luthers muscle tissue is. Not only is his healing factor insane, but his body can take serious punishment.

In scan one you see Jack the Ripper blitzing Luther, cutting him all around. A few moments later, Luther is fully healed.

No Caption Provided

Now, I'm referring back to this scan to make an important point. Not only does Luthers durability cover slash wounds and bullet wounds, but it also covers blunt impact. We've seen the strength of the Librarian. Now consider that Luthor traded blows with this guy for a whole issue. He had the striking power to take off a humans head, as did Luther, so it goes to show just how much punishment Luther can take without injury.

General Points about Luthor

- His fighting style is brutal, allowing him to pinpoint the most vulnerable areas and dispatch opponents in the most brutally efficient manner. He doesn't care how he kills you, or how badly he is injured, he will kill you.

- His precognition gives him a huge advantage in any fight, no matter if his opponent is weaker or stronger than him. Being able to counter and predict your opponent is a very desirable asset to have.

So basically, unless you can show me that Hawkman has the stats to hang with Luther, there isn't much he's got going for him ;p

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cameron83

@i_like_swords said:

@cameron83: Yup.

I'm copy and pasting this from a CAV match I'm in as to save typing

His Physical Attributes:

Strength - Luther is in every way, superhuman in strength. His strength is applied in the most brutal and efficient fashion.

Now, I'll describe to you what is included in these scans that really show off the extent of Luthers strength.

Scan 1 showcases just how great his striking power is. You see Luther literally turn someones head into paste.He hits him with such force that his head instantly is reduced to mush. You can see by the shockwaves in the scan that his striking force is definitely something to be reckoned with, also considering just how dense the human skull is.

Scan 2 is an example of what happens when Luthers loved ones are threatened. He mutilates a room full of armed fodder with relative ease. This was before his power truly manifested.

Scan 3 is a good showcase of strength as well as reaction speed. Jack the Ripper, shown in the scan to be a respectably fast speedster, is not only caught by Luther, but is slammed into the ground using his momentum, creating a massive crater in the ground. Take from that scan which you will.

Scan 4 and 5 - Now, a bit of backstory. The man Luther is fighting against is his first nemesis. "The Librarian." He sent Luther the Hercules Method. He is in every bit Luthers physical equal, at this point in the fight (prior to this he was his arguably superior). So now that you have an idea of Luthers situation, I'll describe the scans:

In scan four you see the warehouse falling apart gradually as the impact of their punches takes effect. In scan five, you see the warehouse fall apart, explode, crumble. Luther is instantly un-phased, returns to his feet, and rips the skull and spine clean off of the Librarians body. An impressive feat no doubt, but just how impressive? Well, here is a strength feat for his opponent.

No Caption Provided

Busts through the roof of an armored van and crushes the skulls of two police officers, and proceeds to effortlessly rip two steel doors clean of their hinges. A terrifyingly powerful opponent, that Luthor killed in the most brutal fashion.

Speed

Now, you may be under the impression that Luthor is just a bruiser who isn't a afraid to get bloody. You'd be wrong. He is in fact quick; blindingly so.

Both of these scans show that Luther is infact a casual bullet dodger. The key word here is dodger, not timer.

He effortlessly weaves through machine gun fire almost as if it isn't even there, and proceeds to dispatch the fodder with brutal efficiency.

Now, dodging bullets is one thing, but fighting someone who has comparable or faster speed to you is quite another. Fortunately, Luthor has two feats to further reinforce my case for his combat speed.

In the first scan we again see the Librarian. Luthers mother fires a bullet going straight for his head. He allows the bullet to leave the barrel, and to get mere inches away from his head before moving out the way. This is a guy who has far more experience than Luther, and judging from this scan, has immense speed and reaction time. Luther not only kept up with him in combat blow for blow, he defeated him. A true testament to his speed.

In the second we see the scan with Jack the Ripper again. Jack the Ripper is an immensely fast speedster, and Luther manages to catch him and slam him into the ground.

As a midway note. We've talked about the Librarian already plenty. I think it's worth mentioning that although Luther has not got a vast amount of showings, his fight with the Librarian shows his natural fighting skill and determination, considering he is outclassed in experience by a great amount during his fight with him.

Precognition

It just gets better, right? Luther has a powerful form of precognition, allowing him to "see the thousands of moves someone can make before they make them." Here are some showings of this:

In the first scan you see Luthers first experience of his precognitive abilities, able to effortlessly tag his school bully.

Now that we sort of know how it works, here's the impressive part:

In the second scan, Luthers precognitive abilities fully manifest after he is tricked into killing is own mother. He is able to predict and counter the Librarian, his physical equal. I've already shown the Librarians skill and speed, so it goes to show how extensive Luthers precog is.

Durability and Healing Factor

"The mind commands and the flesh obeys" is the explanation that Luthors healing factor has been given.

Luther is every bit as durable as he is powerful. How much so?

Luther has his intestines ripped out by the Librarian. So what does he do? What any normal person would do, obviously; snap the Librarians neck with them, and then use his mind to command his organs to heal near instantly.

It's also a testament to both of their healing factors considering the Librarian recovered from this attack and healed fully in a few seconds time.

No Caption Provided

This scan shows just how thick Luthers muscle tissue is. Not only is his healing factor insane, but his body can take serious punishment.

In scan one you see Jack the Ripper blitzing Luther, cutting him all around. A few moments later, Luther is fully healed.

No Caption Provided

Now, I'm referring back to this scan to make an important point. Not only does Luthers durability cover slash wounds and bullet wounds, but it also covers blunt impact. We've seen the strength of the Librarian. Now consider that Luthor traded blows with this guy for a whole issue. He had the striking power to take off a humans head, as did Luther, so it goes to show just how much punishment Luther can take without injury.

General Points about Luthor

- His fighting style is brutal, allowing him to pinpoint the most vulnerable areas and dispatch opponents in the most brutally efficient manner. He doesn't care how he kills you, or how badly he is injured, he will kill you.

- His precognition gives him a huge advantage in any fight, no matter if his opponent is weaker or stronger than him. Being able to counter and predict your opponent is a very desirable asset to have.

So basically, unless you can show me that Hawkman has the stats to hang with Luther, there isn't much he's got going for him ;p

After Carter pass out the Nth metal take control of his body and activates a new combat mode,which enhanced his strength and durability nearly matching Blockbuster,being able to support a explosion at close range.
In battle mode Hawkman is strong enough to smash Blockbuster into the ground and with a single punch tosses him into sky,if Baz doesn't caught it's probably Blockbuster pass from the atmosphere.
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cameron83

@i_like_swords:

Well Hawkman not only has a tactical advantage against Luther,but is arguably more powerful.

For Durability,he was able to go toe-to-toe with BlockBuster and tank punches from him

Justice League of America 5

Despite had compound fractures, losing a fatal quantity of blood and a myriad of other injuries Hawkman still battling Shaggy Man,without showing any signs of fatigue.

No Caption Provided

Can heal from pierce wounds (From Aquaman's trident)

Bastion pierced his shoulder with a sword and few seconds later,he had already recovered

Nth metal regenerates his wings in a matter of seconds.

No Caption Provided

Survives an explosion at close range

Takes several powerful blows from Morphicus

He can also (as shown above) transform the Nth metal into any handheld weapon of his choosing

Armor automatically protects him

No Caption Provided

He also has a berserker mode of his armor that I'll show next.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: While his healing is impressive it's still not on par with Luthers. Luther has been disemboweled and fought on unfazed. Luther routinely loses large amounts of blood in fights and it never affects him, whereas Hawkman is shown to actually need a time out in your scans.

In your last scan with Slade, Slade actually places the bullet in a position that hurt Hawkman, suggesting that Luther need only to pick his punches and Hawkman could be made short work.

And remember, there's no weapons, just hand-to-hand, Luthers expertise.

Now, a few things you're lacking in.

1. Luther clearly has superior reaction speed. Hawkman was tagged by a single bullet from Slade whereas Luther has two showings of running through machine gun fire without getting so much as scraped. He also kept up with and eventually killed a guy, who is his physical equal, who dodged a handgun bullet inches away from his face.

2. Hawkman will never have the jump on Luther because of his precognition.

3. Luther has kept up with faster opponents than Hawkman.

So, in summary, a combination of Luthers superior speed, reactions, precognition, similar if not greater healing factor and his sheer power brutality should be too much for the Hawk to handle.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cameron83

Well,I have to agree on a few things:

• 1. Luther CLEARLY has the better healing factor. I don't think I can argue that
  • Luther has a VERY clear advantage with the precognition and durability,as well as with strength,speed,etc...

But I still think that Hawkman has the clear air advantage,but at the same time,Luther's precognition and speed is one hell of a thing to consider.

Actually...you know what,lol,never mind.You won. I think Luther can beat Hawkman 7/10 in this case. With weapons 6/10 or 5.5/10 at the least.

@i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• 1. Luther CLEARLY has the better healing factor. I don't think I can argue that
  • Luther has a VERY clear advantage with the precognition and durability,as well as with strength,speed,etc...

But I still think that Hawkman has the clear air advantage,but at the same time,Luther's precognition and speed is one hell of a thing to consider.

Actually...you know what,lol,never mind.You won. I think Luther can beat Hawkman 7/10 in this case. With weapons 6/10 or 5.5/10 at the least.

@i_like_swords

Who is yo DADDY Hawkman? Luther is.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@i_like_swords

Who is yo DADDY Hawkman? Luther is.

XD

@matchesmalone21

As said,I think you should make more DC vs Image/Top Cow/Valiant/Wildstorm threads (please :) )

Or also against video game characters

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cameron83

Also BUUUMMPPP!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The big problem to deal with Hawkamn isn't only healing factor,but also stamina and willpower which makesfight in the worst conditions,not matter how stronger and faster the opponent is,he wants to win. Talking about brutality they're match

@cameron83: OK

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I thought Hawkman did have precog to a certain extent....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

@cameron83: I thought Hawkman did have precog to a certain extent....

Nope....at least not from what I remember.

@i_like_swords: The big problem to deal with Hawkamn isn't only healing factor,but also stamina and willpower which makesfight in the worst conditions,not matter how stronger and faster the opponent is,he wants to win. Talking about brutality they're match

@cameron83: OK

thanks dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: spawn (Al Simmons) with divine powers and Supergirl (Linda Danvers) which is a Earth angel.

I'll see their powerset first,okay?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: spawn (Al Simmons) with divine powers and Supergirl (Linda Danvers) which is a Earth angel.

I'll see their powerset first,okay?

okay dude :)

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpity Bump.

I think I can see why people complain of characters like Luther Strode and such being ignored lol

_Orel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now, a few things you're lacking in.

1. Luther clearly has superior reaction speed. Hawkman was tagged by a single bullet from Slade whereas Luther has two showings of running through machine gun fire without getting so much as scraped. He also kept up with and eventually killed a guy, who is his physical equal, who dodged a handgun bullet inches away from his face.

2. Hawkman will never have the jump on Luther because of his precognition.

3. Luther has kept up with faster opponents than Hawkman.

No and no lol.

Luther never showed any signs of real precognition. The only sh!t he exhibited was a watered down version that allows him to read his opponents moves. Thus it is entirely possible to get a drop on him.

Again no. Hawkman's perception is delicate enough where he was the only one of the JLA that could see Flash (Barry I believe) vibrating through the walls. Means he even potentially sees on a molecular level. I give you this though, while he could see him, he couldn't match him in speed.

Also, Hawkman can reach speeds up to 500 km/h (?) while divebombing, he even said that Warhawks (Thanagarian winged soldiers) could tear through a man at such speeds like butter. His healing factor most likely overpowers Luther's in raw power because Carter's allows him to heal limbs in a matter of several seconds. To top it all off, even if he has precog Hawkman is just the better fighter of the two and can generate weapons on the spot.

I think Hawkman could take Luther after his New-52 reintroduction.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Hawkman was a 20+ tonner or something? Also didn't he heal his hand back? People in the Strode verse can't heal limb damage as of yet. Kain might be able to but the new book hasn't come out yet.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman most likely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_orel_: If you reply to posts from a year and a half ago you may find the original poster has changed his opinion since then... and actually at the time of posting I was correct in saying Luther had precognition. It was only until months later when Justin Jordan released statements on twitter that we found out Luther's precog was actually move reading, and that the 1000 moves ahead statement was hyperbole designed to convey Luther's ability to see a variety of different moves someone could make before they make them.

And I also am not sure on who wins this fight. I was only going off what I knew about Hawkman then, so when I drew conclusions on the fight it was based on what my opponent (now broski) had presented.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Hawkman was a 20+ tonner or something? Also didn't he heal his hand back? People in the Strode verse can't heal limb damage as of yet. Kain might be able to but the new book hasn't come out yet.

Luther healed parts of his brain and dismemberment after faking his own death at the end of Strange Talent, actually. You see his autopsy report at the end of the comic followed by him punching out of a body bag.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Oh yeahhhh. I forgo about that page. Still don't know who wins this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I only found it when I re-read it, lol. Kind of a weird find.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers