#1 Edited by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

Match Settings:

• Luther will fight each opponent, one after the other, and will be fully healed before each fight. The reason I am keying in that he's fighting each opponent one after the other is that he may pick up some experience along the way
  • Morals on and in character for Luther and his opponents
  • No prep for any fight and only standard gear
  • All characters are current versions, except DC characters are pre-52

Rounds:

Round 1:

• Batman. Empty warehouse. Lights are on. One floor.

Round 2:

• Sabertooth. Same as round 1.

Round 3:

• Kraven. In a Zoo.

Round 4:

• Cyclops. Fighting in an arena with lots of cover. After one minute Cyclops will remove his visor.

Round 5:

• Deadshot. They start 50 feet apart. Airport runway.

Round 6:

• Deadpool. Nursery/kindergarten.

Round 7:

• Bone claw Wolverine. Fighting in the woods at night. Start visible 15 feet away.

Round 8:

• Deathstroke. Dojo. Deathstroke only has his swords.

Round 9:

• Superior Spider-Man. Dojo.

Round 10:

• Adamantium Wolverine

Bonus Round:

• Gets 5 minutes rest between each fight.
  • Takes place in a Roman collesseum.
  • To Death/Permanent KO
  • 1) Captain America and Batman.
  • 2) Green Goblin (no glider) and Doc Ock
  • 3) Kraven
  • 4) Sabertooth
  • 5) Deadpool
  • 6) Bone Claw Wolverine.
  • 7) Deathstroke (Swords Only)
  • 8) Adamantium Wolverine

How far does he get and why?

#2 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at deathstroke. Slades skill and weapons will put luthor down

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Luther has vastly better stats, reasonable skill, precog and bullet dodging. What's Slade going to do?

#4 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44: Luther has vastly better stats, reasonable skill, precog and bullet dodging. What's Slade going to do?

Die.

Luther Strode clears it all the way up to round 9. There it could get tricky, since he shouldn't be able to simply punch through Wolverines chest. But I would still give him that round, since he should be able to use Wolverines claws against him.

In round 10 it's basically the same story. Batman and Captain America would die and Luther would be fresh enough for Deathstroke and Deadshot. The problem in the gauntlet is that Thing, who could turn out to be his toughest fight, because of his durability and strenght.. comes before Luke Cage who is inferior to Thing. At least when it comes to strenght. Dunno about the durability, but I see Luther Strode finding a way to get rid of him by ramming the fingers into Cages eyes or something like that.

I say he clears the gauntlet. He is too strong, too fast, too durable, has his perception vision and most importantly: He is more than willing to kill and also edjucated on how to kill.

#5 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

Justin Jordan, the guy who created Luther and wrote everything he's ever been in also wrote the most recent run on Deathstroke, and according to him their stats are more or less identical. So.....not really buying the vastly better stats argument.

#6 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I knew he wrote Deathstroke but that can't be true.

Luther ripped the Librarians head and spine clean off his body. Librarian has the same stats or better than Luthor at this point.

Luther could take 9 bullets and pop them out like they were nothing.

The Librarian came back from a broken neck with ease, so I figure Luther can too after 5 years of training and experience? (I'm yet to read the Legend series).

We're also forgetting that Luther is ripping limbs off with ease and stuffing them into other guys.

Unless Deathstroke has similar feats then Jordans is unfortunately wrong.

#7 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

Luther ripped the Librarians head and spine clean off his body. Librarian has the same stats or better than Luthor at this point.

The Librarian came back from a broken neck with ease, so I figure Luther can too after 5 years of training and experience? (I'm yet to read the Legend series).

We're also forgetting that Luther is ripping limbs off with ease and stuffing them into other guys.

I didn't see the part about the characters being pre-52, apologies.

Honestly, if you want to compare the stats of people they've defeated, Luther is going to lose every time. Slade has a long history of beating up people hideously out of Luther's weight class (or even his own, for that matter).

Slade's armor is bulletproof; he doesn't need to take 9 bullets. He's taken direct fire from machine guns and helicopter artillery that didn't affect him. He's been hit by Aquaman and bounced back onto his feet moments later. Superboy, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, a whole bunch of people much stronger than Luther; they've all hit Slade and he's managed to stay in the fight. Classic Slade was outmuscling a ten-tonner version of Starfire during her Teen Titans days and winning a tug-of-war with Donna Troy. Don't even get me started on him wrestling with Green Lantern. Really, in terms of stats there's no end to the number of absurd feats Slade has that I can recall that would absolutely blow anything Luther has ever done out of the water.

That said, his showings against metas contrasted against his showings with other high-tier street levelers paint a different story, which is why I'm not arguing that Slade is going to tear Luther apart with his bare hands; merely that Luther's physicals aren't going to be too daunting for Slade by any reckoning, and his superior skills should edge him over Strode.

#8 Edited by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@i_like_swords said:

I didn't see the part about the characters being pre-52, apologies.

Honestly, if you want to compare the stats of people they've defeated, Luther is going to lose every time. Slade has a long history of beating up people hideously out of Luther's weight class (or even his own, for that matter).

Slade's armor is bulletproof; he doesn't need to take 9 bullets. He's taken direct fire from machine guns and helicopter artillery that didn't affect him. He's been hit by Aquaman and bounced back onto his feet moments later. Superboy, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, a whole bunch of people much stronger than Luther; they've all hit Slade and he's managed to stay in the fight. Classic Slade was outmuscling a ten-tonner version of Starfire during her Teen Titans days and winning a tug-of-war with Donna Troy. Don't even get me started on him wrestling with Green Lantern. Really, in terms of stats there's no end to the number of absurd feats Slade has that I can recall that would absolutely blow anything Luther has ever done out of the water.

That said, his showings against metas contrasted against his showings with other high-tier street levelers paint a different story, which is why I'm not arguing that Slade is going to tear Luther apart with his bare hands; merely that Luther's physicals aren't going to be too daunting for Slade by any reckoning, and his superior skills should edge him over Strode.

To be honest I don't like playing the "X beat Y so X can beat Z" game.

When you say that Deathstroke has gotten the better of opponents with more muscle than Luther, that could be considered a high end feat for Deathstroke as well as a poor showing for those characters. It works both ways.

And you said it yourself, against high-tier street levelers he isn't as dominant.

Characters have good days, bad days, and days filled with PIS and CIS. What's important is what they can do, and what they can do against each other when we put them in battles.

So, realistically speaking, I think despite Slades skill, that's the only thing going for him. Strode needs only to get past his armor and he's done for.

#9 Posted by Juiceboks (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard should gut him with his superior physical stats and claws.

#10 Edited by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

To be honest I don't like playing the "X beat Y so X can beat Z" game.

When you say that Deathstroke has gotten the better of opponents with more muscle than Luther, that could be considered a high end feat for Deathstroke as well as a poor showing for those characters. It works both ways.

And you said it yourself, against high-tier street levelers he isn't as dominant.

Characters have good days, bad days, and days filled with PIS and CIS. What's important is what they can do, and what they can do against each other when we put them in battles.

So, realistically speaking, I think despite Slades skill, that's the only thing going for him. Strode needs only to get past his armor and he's done for.

Well, you were the one who brought up Luther vs the Librarian.

He's still pretty dominant against high-end street levelers. Ask Batman or Azrael or Ravager or whomever. Slade's teenage daughter has a Diet Coke version of his powers, she's regenerated from an entire building exploding on her, and she's beaten down 20 tonners like Aquagirl. She's also had her ass repeatedly kicked by Slade.

It's not just occasional days filled with PIS every now and then. Slade has literally been punching out of his weight class for decades now. I don't really see why all of that should be discounted. Sure, Nightwing annoys him every now and then, but his showings against metas are numerous enough and consistent enough to suggest Luther's not going to be anything new. Realistically speaking, Slade's blast staff should take Luther out, or he could just do what he did to Geo-Force, someone who is again out of Luther's league as far as strength and durability goes, and slice him up with promethium swords.

#11 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

He's still pretty dominant against high-end street levelers. Ask Batman or Azrael or Ravager or whomever. Slade's teenage daughter has a Diet Coke version of his powers, she's regenerated from an entire building exploding on her, and she's beaten down 20 tonners like Aquagirl. She's also had her ass repeatedly kicked by Slade.

It's not just occasional days filled with PIS every now and then. Slade has literally been punching out of his weight class for decades now. I don't really see why all of that should be discounted. Sure, Nightwing annoys him every now and then, but his showings against metas are numerous enough and consistent enough to suggest Luther's not going to be anything new. Realistically speaking, Slade's blast staff should take Luther out, or he could just do what he did to Geo-Force, someone who is again out of Luther's league as far as strength and durability goes, and slice him up with promethium swords.

I was just saying that Luther was strong enough to rip off a meta-humans skull and spine.

What kind of experience does Slade have against people with precog? I mean Slade is a tall order for Luther but I think he can pull it off in this setting. All sorts of different elements come with the feats Slade has pulled off, which while impressive, aren't always the same as a straight up one on one.

How fast/powerful is the Blast Staff? I also don't see Luthor going down to the swords due to his precog, superior speed and reaction times, and the ability to rip off one of Slades arms.

#12 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither Deathstroke nor Lizard can cause the destruction Luther causes, when he fights. His fight against Jack The Ripper is a great example. Luthers strenght is above theirs and the same applies for his speed.

What do you do against an opponent, who is much stronger and fast than you? Who knows exactly how to kill and goes for the kill every time he fights?

#13 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

I was just saying that Luther was strong enough to rip off a meta-humans skull and spine.

What kind of experience does Slade have against people with precog? I mean Slade is a tall order for Luther but I think he can pull it off in this setting. All sorts of different elements come with the feats Slade has pulled off, which while impressive, aren't always the same as a straight up one on one.

How fast/powerful is the Blast Staff? I also don't see Luthor going down to the swords due to his precog, superior speed and reaction times, and the ability to rip off one of Slades arms.

Slade was strong enough to cripple a metahuman by ramming blades through his legs; only difference being that this particular meta, Geo-Force, was tough enough to survive a rocket launcher to the face. Slade also threw the swords so fast Geo-Force couldn't even see them coming.

Cassandra Cain's move-reading was useless against Slade, and Ravager's precog didn't work because she predicts the future based on subtle observations of her opponent; she couldn't do that against Slade because he has perfect control over every molecule in his body. Depends on how Luther's precog works, I guess.

He blows up helicopters and obliterates small buildings with it. He once KO'd a young Starfire with it. I really don't see how Luther is faster either, but ok...

#14 Edited by Juiceboks (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

Neither Deathstroke nor Lizard can cause the destruction Luther causes, when he fights. His fight against Jack The Ripper is a great example. Luthers strenght is above theirs and the same applies for his speed.

What do you do against an opponent, who is much stronger and fast than you? Who knows exactly how to kill and goes for the kill every time he fights?

I beg to differ. Conners has put the hurting on Spidey multiple times throughout their encounters. His durability is also pretty ridiculous even by Spider Man standards. Conners has fought both Peter and a bloodlusted Black Cat one right after the other, had his throat sliced open by Cat, face planted onto concrete from the top of a building, and still got right back up and scurried into the sewers.

And as far as destruction goes..

I give Lizard the edge in physical stats.

#15 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

I greatly doubt Luther can inflict any kind of lasting damage on current Lizard.

#16 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@citizenbane said:

I really don't see how Luther is faster either, but ok...

Don't tell me that Deathstroke is able to run THROUGH bullet crossfire without getting hit even once. Once against normal hand guns and then also against rifles. Deathstroke doesn't really have a chance in this fight, especially because of Luthers precognition, with which he could track all of the possible paths Deathstroke could move and act.

The same applies for Lizard. Lizard is neither moving that fast nor being able to react to such a speed. Will Luther be able to kill him in a matter of seconds like he would do it with many other opponents in that gauntlet? Most likely not, but he would be able to take the victory at least with a knock out.

#17 Edited by Juiceboks (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio Spider Man's done the same thing multiple times and Lizard still manages to take him out. Hell so has Wolverine. Conners still has him beat in strength and durability by a considerably large margin. As far as speed goes, I will say they're close but I still think current Lizard edges out in every physical category.

#18 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I think Luther could, but it would be difficult. Can Lizard heal from decapitation? If so he'd probably outlast Strode, unless Strode found some way of incapping him using the environment. If not, Lizard gets killed via incap.

On the Deathstroke matter, I'm still thinking Strodes speed, precog, and strength are too much for Deathstroke. Plus, I forgot to mention, what happens when Luthor gets a hold of one of Slades swords? The Blast staff is probably Deathstrokes best bet in this fight but, in this setting, he'd collapse the warehouse on himself, and Luther could likely get close enough to Slade/dodge the blast staff quick enough for it to be suicide for Slade to use the Blast staff.

@juiceboks: Luther is faster than Lizard, has pre-cog, has similar durability, and has the strength to dismember him. Lizard doesn't have as much of a stat advantage as you'd think. Better healing factor by quite a lot, but Strode has one enough to keep up with Lizard. Similar durability. Strode is faster. Strode can see Lizards moves before he even makes them. If Strode can kill Lizard by decap, that is likely going to happen. If not, Strode maybe incaps but it'd be very difficult, resulting in a slight edge to Lizard.

#19 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:
@citizenbane said:

I really don't see how Luther is faster either, but ok...

Don't tell me that Deathstroke is able to run THROUGH bullet crossfire without getting hit even once. Once against normal hand guns and then also against rifles. Deathstroke doesn't really stand a chance in this fight, especially because of Luthers precognition, with which he could track all of the possible paths Deathstroke could move and act.

The same applies for Lizard. Lizard is neither moving that fast nor being able to react to such a speed. Will Luther be able to kill him in a matter of seconds like he would do it with many other opponents in that gauntlet? Most likely not, but he would be able to take the victory at least with a knock out.

Can Slade weave his way around rifle fire? Sure.

Can he deflect gunfire with his sword? Sure.

Does he regularly go up against people a lot faster than Luther and manage just fine? Also sure. I mean, forget about the speedsters who he's kicked away while they tried to blitz him, like Kid Flash or the metas like Captain Marvel Jr. who's claimed Slade rivals the speed of Mercury; Cassandra Cain has bullet-dodging feats like that one, she's dodged six bullets at practically point blank range, raced a bullet to its target and dodged sniper rounds after they were fired, and yet she's also flat out stated that Slade is faster than her and just plain better in every way. Slade has a gun pressed literally on the surface of his face, his assailant pulled the trigger, and Slade dodged it before the bullet could even leave the barrel. With practically no distance between him and the gun. I'd say that's just as impressive.

No one yet has so much as shown me how Luther's precog even works, or why it would work even though two characters with precog or (in Cain's case) precog-esque abilities have failed to detect anything about the future when they went up against Slade even though Ravager's precog is a lot better than Luther's. But whatever, I don't know all that much about Luther anyway so I'll bow out here.

But before I go: Your point about Lizard is utter nonsense, honestly. Connors is vastly stronger and tougher than Luther has ever been, Strode's ability to wreck a staircase notwithstanding.

#20 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@chibio Spider Man's done the same thing multiple times and Lizard still manages to take him out. Hell so has Wolverine.

You're either underestimating Luthers speed, or you're overestimating Spider-Mans speed. I won't even talk about Wolverine, since he is obviously slower than both of these guys.

Take a look at the second speed feat I posted. I count at least 9 guys, all of them are armed with rifles. They're all around Luther and firing their weapons at the same time, yet Luther is speedblitzing through that bulletstorm and ripping them apart one by one.

That is speed Spider-Man NEVER had. What you usually see from Spider-Man is jumping from one direction to another, while the opponents can't track him with the line of fire. If they're smart enough to shoot at a direction where Spider-Man might end up being his spider sense warns him and he can jump somewhere else. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be with Spider-Man.

Luther on the other hand ignores bullets and even if they hit him, they don't get past his dense muscles, while bullets can actually hurt Spider-Man.

No on in the entire gauntlet can keep up with Luthers speed. Strenght wise the Thing surpasses him and maybe does Lizard. The scan you posted is impressive, if Lizard indeed jumped through solid wall. But strenght won't be that much of a deciding factor in their match, because Luther outspeeds him drastically. What might end up being more interesting is the fact that Lizard isn't really a human anymore, but... something else lol! Not sure if Luther would be able to kill him fast and efficiently, since he probably only learned how to kill regular humanoids.

#21 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I think Luther could, but it would be difficult. Can Lizard heal from decapitation? If so he'd probably outlast Strode, unless Strode found some way of incapping him using the environment. If not, Lizard gets killed via incap.

On the Deathstroke matter, I'm still thinking Strodes speed, precog, and strength are too much for Deathstroke. Plus, I forgot to mention, what happens when Luthor gets a hold of one of Slades swords? The Blast staff is probably Deathstrokes best bet in this fight but, in this setting, he'd collapse the warehouse on himself, and Luther could likely get close enough to Slade/dodge the blast staff quick enough for it to be suicide for Slade to use the Blast staff.

Or, you know, Lizard takes advantage of the fact that he consistently goes up against a superhuman much stronger, faster and tougher than Luther in Spider-Man, and tears him apart. Honestly, it seems like you guys are head-over-heels with Luther's ability to tear people apart and destroy staircases even though a whole bunch of high street-level characters are fully capable of doing so.

Assumes Luther can. Slade is a far more skilled swordsman and it's unlikely he's going to just let Luther snatch the sword away......or cover the gap before the blast staff goes up, or whatever. I don't see why Slade would collapse the warehouse on himself given his precision with the blast staff. But I sense we're just going to go around in circles on this; I'll say Slade regularly tangles with people that put Luther to shame, you'll say Luther's too strong and fast anyway, and I lack the knowledge to really engage in this debate. I'll bow out now.

#22 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

Or, you know, Lizard takes advantage of the fact that he consistently goes up against a superhuman much stronger, faster and tougher than Luther in Spider-Man, and tears him apart. Honestly, it seems like you guys are head-over-heels with Luther's ability to tear people apart and destroy staircases even though a whole bunch of high street-level characters are fully capable of doing so.

Assumes Luther can. Slade is a far more skilled swordsman and it's unlikely he's going to just let Luther snatch the sword away......or cover the gap before the blast staff goes up, or whatever. I don't see why Slade would collapse the warehouse on himself given his precision with the blast staff. But I sense we're just going to go around in circles on this; I'll say Slade regularly tangles with people that put Luther to shame, you'll say Luther's too strong and fast anyway, and I lack the knowledge to really engage in this debate. I'll bow out now.

Nah I won't lie, you debated well. I was just holding my own and trying to poke holes in your argument. You've made me realize just how formidable Deathstroke is. I think we can leave the debating there. I might even swap Deathstroke out for someone less skilled than him.

Out of interest and not to debate, who do you think Luther wins/loses to in the rest of the matchups?

#23 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane I'm done with the debate as well. The first scan you posted ruined it for me. Deathstroke dodging gunfire is one thing, but even Nightwing doing it? And then the stuff you mentioned coming from other Bat-characters? Sometimes I hate comic books, or at least street levelers who move faster than he eye can see. And that applies even for 10 year olds like the various Robins.

With that being said I would STILL give Luther the clear advantage in speed. Judging by the scan (yet again, where even Nightwing dodges gunfire like it's nothing) we see Deathstroke perfectly avoiding the shots by placing his body the right way. Luther on the other hand was moving through the bulletstorm and doing a lot of stuff. For him it was like the gunfire wasn't even there.

And to your question about his precognition: His precognition grants him the ability to see all the moves his opponent could try to pull off, even if it's someone as the Librarian, who was a more skilled fighter. He reacts instantly to the move you choose to do. That way it becomes nearly impossible to dodge Luthers attacks, because he knows exactly what you will do.

#24 Edited by dondave (34705 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke can stop him

#25 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Edited the gauntlet. Who does he beat and how far does he get?

@jashro44 thoughts?

#26 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I think it would stop at cyclops. Luthor is very fast but cyclops is very accurate and his blasts do move at light speed so they are faster then bullets. And I can't think of a lot of agility or dexterity feats for Luthor aside from the bullet dodging so it will be hard to dodge cyclops. Luthors healing factor is good but cyclops has feats like damaging ww hulk, destroying sentinals, etc. so he can do some serious damage to Luthor.

If he does get past cyclops I say it stops at Deathstroke. Citizenbane pretty much covered why.

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@i_like_swords: I think it would stop at cyclops. Luthor is very fast but cyclops is very accurate and his blasts do move at light speed so they are faster then bullets. And I can't think of a lot of agility or dexterity feats for Luthor aside from the bullet dodging so it will be hard to dodge cyclops. Luthors healing factor is good but cyclops has feats like damaging ww hulk, destroying sentinals, etc. so he can do some serious damage to Luthor.

If he does get past cyclops I say it stops at Deathstroke. Citizenbane pretty much covered why.

Can he take round 9 or 10? And what are your thoughts on the bonus round?

#28 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I don't think he can take suepioer spider-man or adamantium wolverine. Superior is faster and more agile and his webbing can probably hold Luthor down. I don't see him being able to KO wolverine with adamantium.

As for the bonus what version of dock ock are you using (Adamantium, titanium, or carboanridium arms?) I don't know if he can get past both green goblin and doctor octopus at the same time. If he does it will probably stop at sabretooth or bone claw wolverine. His healing factor might be a bit taxed at that point in the bonus. Luther from what I have seen seems to prefer tanking damage then avoiding.

#29 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I think Superior and Luther would be a pretty decent match either way. Luthor's precog is pretty impressive, and it'd make for a good fight considering SpOcks reactions/spider sense. SpOck does have some a lot of advantages though. And yeah, that's also true.

I'm honestly not sure. Not extremely familiar with any of his versions. What one would you say is the closest matchup?

Hmm, Green Goblin is kind of tricky actually.. might have to replace him with Kraven for that round.. then fill Kravens slot. Hmm. Infact, I'll just take away the Glider.

Well, in the case of being shot at he definitely prefers to dodge rather than to tank damage. Other than that I'm not 100% on how it plays out.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

I think Superior and Luther would be a pretty decent match either way. Luthor's precog is pretty impressive, and it'd make for a good fight considering SpOcks reactions/spider sense. SpOck does have some a lot of advantages though. And yeah, that's also true.

Pretty much. Luthor probably does have the better precognition and healing factor but Superior has a lot of other advantages which would give him a lot of advantages. I think his range is probably his biggest IMO.

I'm honestly not sure. Not extremely familiar with any of his versions. What one would you say is the closest matchup?

Otto has had titanium, adamantium, and most recently carboanridium arms. I would say the titanium ones would be the most even considering he is fighting Luther with a partner.

Hmm, Green Goblin is kind of tricky actually.. might have to replace him with Kraven for that round.. then fill Kravens slot. Hmm. Infact, I'll just take away the Glider.

Yeah flight was the advantage i was thinking would be to much. Luther does have super strength so maybe he can jump and catch green goblin but it wouldn't be easy. The glider is fairly fast, and goblin would be throwing bombs. Not to mention dock ock would be there so jumping might not be the best move as it could lead to getting caught by Otto who has some very impressive reflexes and reach.

Well, in the case of being shot at he definitely prefers to dodge rather than to tank damage. Other than that I'm not 100% on how it plays out.

I was mainly thinking about his fights with the librarian. When he fought the librarian IIRC they were ripping out each others organs and doing a lot of damage to each other. I don't recall them doing a lot of dodging or blocking but I may have to double check the fight. When he goes into a melee fight I think he tanks damage in melee.

#31 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Agree with pretty much everything you said.

I'll change it to Titanium and I've removed the Glider. I think it'd definitely be tough but he'd eventually take it.

To be fair, he was very inexperienced at this point. The Librarian had been around for millions of years if I recall correctly, whereas Luthor had just gotten his powers the past few months, if that.

He's 5 years into his career as a superhero now, but I can't get my hands on those comics until the TPB comes out in September.

#32 Edited by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll change it to Titanium and I've removed the Glider. I think it'd definitely be tough but he'd eventually take it.

To be fair, he was very inexperienced at this point. The Librarian had been around for millions of years if I recall correctly, whereas Luthor had just gotten his powers the past few months, if that.

He's 5 years into his career as a superhero now, but I can't get my hands on those comics until the TPB comes out in September.

The round with Goblin and dock ock is closer but I do still favor the team. Goblins bombs have enough power to knock spider-man off his feet so they will do serious damage. Ottos arms also are really fast. They have been able to block demo goblins hellfire and electros electric blasts at the same time. Even when Peter was in his body Peter was able to use his arms to deflect point blank gun fire despite having no experience using them. So I think both at the same time might edge Luther out all though it might be tougher as goblin doesn't have his flight advantage.

My mistake on the librarian fight. I didn't realize that Luther was inexperienced in that fight. I suppose he might not take as much damage as I thought.

#33 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

The round with Goblin and dock ock is closer but I do still favor the team. Goblins bombs have enough power to knock spider-man off his feet so they will do serious damage. Ottos arms also are really fast. They have been able to block demo goblins hellfire and electros electric blasts at the same time. Even when Peter was in his body Peter was able to use his arms to deflect point blank gun fire despite having no experience using them. So I think both at the same time might edge Luther out all though it might be tougher as goblin doesn't have his flight advantage.

My mistake on the librarian fight. I didn't realize that Luther was inexperienced in that fight. I suppose he might not take as much damage as I thought.

Hmm. Perhaps I was overestimating Luther in that fight. I'll give the thread a look over soon.

Yeah, he seems pretty beefy in his "Legend of Luthor Strode" series.

#34 Posted by Juiceboks (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

Bone Claw Wolverine would probably take him down. If not him then Slade will finish the job.

#35 Posted by LuciusTheEternal (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes it to 9 IMO.