Lumiya (Star Wars) vs Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)

• 48 results
Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lumiya vs Aqua

• Lumiya from Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
  • Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Three Rounds:

1. Lightwhip vs Key Blade
  2. Force vs Magic
  3. All-Out Fight
  • Both In Character
  • Both have their standard equipment and Levels of Power
  • 1v1 Fight

Fight Takes Place at:

No Caption Provided

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By WollfMyth209
Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: To my knowledge, (With help from King Mickey) defeating Vanitas with the X-Blade, its that or either beating Terra-Xehanort or the Hunter of Darkness

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_siri: OK, then. That's just a battle, but whatever.

Round 1 goes to Lumiya. Considering her weapon will cut through the keyblade after one or two swipes, she'd take it handily.

I am uncertain as of Round 2. Has Aqua any defense against telekinesis? Cause of it she gets ragdolled.

Round 3 goes to Lumiya, again.

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: To my knowledge, i don't think she does have a telekinetic defense... But i'm No Kingdom Hearts Expert

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WollfMyth209
mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lumiya should take all three rounds.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

She isn't cutting through the key blade....thats ridiculous.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lumiya

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kbm

Wow no one knows anything about Aqua, I'd say she wins all rounds.

her answer for force is magic as well as Second Chance and Once More

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: Give me proof of a keyblade having deflecting properties equal or greater to a lightsaber.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

Ok, how's this ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=py3Io_atuLE

During this Sora (KH main protagonist) fights a guy who wilds two lightsaber like weapons. His keyblade never gets damaged.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: Just looking like a lightsaber doesn't qualify for me. I doubt it works on the same principle as a lightsaber itself.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

It's a laser based weapon. A lightsaber is a laser based weapon. It's a better comparison than you'll get in most scenarios. You're just being picky.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: lightsaber aren't lasers, their blades are made out of plasma contained within a forcefield.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: Only lightsabers aren't lasers. They are concentrated forms of plasma that can peirce most things light passess through.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kbm
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:

Sigh....obviously. However it works closer to that of sci-fi lasers.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbm:

Again I use the term "laser" As a blanket term.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbm: A lightsaber won't break a keyblade; It'll slice through it.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: except that it doesn't work anything like a laser......like at all.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kbm

@wollfmyth209 said:

@bat_siri: What are Aqua's best feats?

fighting and beating an opponent who could manipulate space-time, an opponent who could summon meteors, and an opponent who could open the door to Kingdom Hearts. All of whom could also teleport and become intangible, and had variations of other magic and abilities.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:

That's not what I said. I said it works like a Sci-Fi laser.

@WollfMyth209:

Based on what? Lightsabers cant slice through things like obsidian. Why would you assume it could slice through something that has no feats of being damaged?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: what's the difference between a sci-fi laser and a real life laser?

Why can't it cut through obsidian? It's cut through things far FAR more durable, like multiple solid metal security doors for instance.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: @paragonnate:If a Keyblade has never been broken and isn't even made from metal, how can you assume a Lightsaber can slice through it?

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:

A real life laser acts in accordance to factual science, a Sci-Fi one doesn't. Hence science FICTION.

And the reason it can't cut through obsidian is because the books say it can't. Google it.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:

A real life laser acts in accordance to factual science, a Sci-Fi one doesn't. Hence science FICTION.

And the reason it can't cut through obsidian is because the books say it can't. Google it.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: I Googled it, y'know what I found? Nothing so I'm going to have to as for a link or title of the book you read that in.

Can I get a link or citation for this mysterious 'sci-fi laser' an it's supposedly identical properties to a lightsaber. Lightsabers aren't lasers, they don't behave anything like lasers, only loosely resemble them, and have been stated in more sources than I can bother listing to be something completely different than a laser...plasma.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a lightsaber cutting through a Keyblade. They've never been broken to my knowledge and they are completely magical in nature.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate:

I'll have a look for it if I have the time.

On the laser sword front, how about the beam Katana from no more heroes? Or light hawk wings from tenchi muyo?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: looking forward to it, information is always welcome.

Even if something resembles, or in the beam katana case is based off of, a lightsaber it still isn't transferable to a lightsaber in is qualities. They are in separate universes and each have their respective qualities and feats.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WollfMyth209

@kbm: Just because it's never been broken and isn't made of metal doesn't make it lightsaber resistant. That's ridiculous. Show me a keyblade resisting concentrated plasma that can cut through most of what light passess through, other than cortosis and beskar that are exclusive to the SW universe.

@serpinethegreen A lightsaber can cut through obsidian, lol.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kbm

@wollfmyth209: I'm ridiculous? That's ironic coming from a person who has no knowledge on Keyblades and has no way of proving that a lightsaber could cut through one.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbm: Based on what I've seen - no a keyblade isn't gonna tank a lightsaber. It's not prized with the same minirals as either cortosis or beskar, nor did I see any demonstrations of it parrying plasma.

@gunsout Why'd you tag me?

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: "based on what I've seen" you obviously haven't seen much since Keyblades aren't even forged by materials, they are strictly magical in nature and are connected to their wielder's heart.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbm:

since Keyblades aren't even forged by materials, they are strictly magical in nature and are connected to their wielder's heart.

How does that make them lightsaber resistant?

Not that it matters, Lumiya wins regardless.

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gunsout

@kbm said:

@wollfmyth209: I'm ridiculous? That's ironic coming from a person who has no knowledge on Keyblades and has no way of proving that a lightsaber could cut through one.

@wollfmyth209, you do seem protective when it comes to Star Wars characters in out-of-universe battles. If you got to know a little bit about these characters before automatically deciding your favorite franchise beats them, you'd a least consider them ahead of 'LOLTK' or 'LOLSABERS' arguments.

In my many years of playing Kingdom Hearts, I've never heard of a Keyblade breaking. On the other hand, Lightsabers have been known to short out when struck against various in-universe materials; pure Cortorisis being one, and a synthetic red lightsaber crystal can cause a jedi lightsaber to short-out if struck with enough force. Even if it's not possible in this case, they still don't cut a keyblade by virtue of being a lightsaber, which is essentially what you're arguing.

By feats alone, Sora's effectiveness with a Keyblade eclipses every cutting feat produced by any Jedi or Sith in the history of lightsaber dueling, cutting apart 6 steel buildings in one go effortlessly without any friction. Defensively speaking, Sora's parried all of Sephiroth's slashes, of whom can bisect entire steel buildings with the shock-waves produced from his strength, which is something that never happens in star wars.

No Caption Provided

Sora and Riku together, have deflected 100,000 (KHII Guide) laser bolts coming from every direction.

No Caption Provided

@wollfmyth209 said:

@kbm:

since Keyblades aren't even forged by materials, they are strictly magical in nature and are connected to their wielder's heart.

How does that make them lightsaber resistant?

Not that it matters, Lumiya wins regardless.

I know you're a fan of Star Wars, but try not to be so cocksure when discussing other franchise's limits, with little knowledge preceding them. Really, you should be staying out of this discussion.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunsout: Actually, there have been tones of debates were I've debated against Star Wars characters.

And I asked for feats for Aqua and all I was given was one battle. At least you cleared up some stuff.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunsout: I like that sora gif with Riku.

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By gunsout

@haoalchemist said:

@gunsout: I like that sora gif with Riku.

It's also a ridiculous speed feat for them too. I actually had to slow down that gif because I couldn't see them clearly, it's the kind of feat Star Wars characters pull off in a state of oneness, which usually is incredebly circumstantial.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunsout:

By feats alone, Sora's effectiveness with a Keyblade eclipses every cutting feat produced by any Jedi or Sith in the history of lightsaber dueling, cutting apart 6 steel buildings in one go effortlessly without any friction. Defensively speaking, Sora's parried all of Sephiroth's slashes, of whom can bisect entire steel buildings with the shock-waves produced from his strength, which is something that never happens in star wars.

Just thought I might address this section. A lightsaber isn't a sword built for strength, for speed or for tempeture. It operates completely different. A lightsaber has no weight, has no edge, and it's temperture is only enough to boil water. What a lightsaber is would be concentrated plasma meant to cut through everything. It can have trouble cutting through something that's superthick, or something made out of minerals that form cortosis or beskar. Considering the latter is exclusive to SW, and the keyblade isn't very thick, I'm going to assume it's gonna cut through it. The magic within the keyblade could, however, counterbalance this. And as for the shockwave thing - a padawan Anakin who was hindered by a Dark Side Nexus could summon shockwaves that crumble stone, and Exar Kun while a padawan has summoned shockwaves that could be felt and heard for miles - just by clashing blades.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@gunsout:

You don't think Lightsabers cutting through metal that, upon close inspection visibly warp space/time with it's sheer density, is as impressive as cutting through a building?

Just curious. I'm not trying to debate the Keysword vs Lightsabers, because of my total ignorance the former.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: I don't get it. What is so hard to understeand about the Lightsaber aren't able to cut a blade that is magical in nature? as someone pointed up. The keyblades are connected to the wielder's heart, which mean they can't be broken by traditional means because they aren't even made from any know-metal.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro:

I am pretty sure my final post said he Keyblade's magical properties are gonna allow it to counter a Lightsaber.

And I asked for feats from Aqua and I got one battle and someone saying a keyblade can deflect a Lightsaber because it parried a sword that looks like a laser.

:/ If someone is to step up and make a case for Aqua, I'll see if Lumiya wins or losses.