Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapitolPunishment

Fight to the death on Tatooine, the sand people are watching but no one will interfere. No BFR or planet destruction.

Luke is at his most powerful point ever written, Thanos is at the same power levels as he was in the Thanos imperative.

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

Never read TI but i heard he was a joke then.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
"Never read TI but i heard he was a joke then. "

He took out someone who wiped the floor with current surfer.
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lvl100gastly

thanos wins luke wont be able to hurt him much before he's dead

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@Shadowglenn said:
"thanos wins luke wont be able to hurt him much before he's dead "

Luke has shown the ability to use the force to "cruch" the mass of a star turning it into a blackhole. He has also shown the ability to control particles on the sub-atomic level. Aaannnd he has a lightsabre.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Come on, man....
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

thanos easy

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
I believe The Mad Titan would win here...
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@JediXMan:
and you have the nerve to have"Jedi" in your avatars name.....
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By doordoor123
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" Never read TI but i heard he was a joke then. "
Thanos is never a joke. Thanos tried to take on Galactus at one time.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@CapitolPunishment said:
" @JediXMan: and you have the nerve to have"Jedi" in your avatars name..... "
One can be a fan and not a fanboy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@doordoor123 said:
" @MarvelJackAss433 said:
Thanos is never a joke. Thanos tried to take on Galactus at one time. "

Tried???  Thanos STOMPED Galactus during the whole "Hunger" thing..

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HumanNumber

Thanos.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By SpidermanWins
@JediXMan said:
" @CapitolPunishment said:
One can be a fan and not a fanboy. "
owned
MadMattJaspers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MadMattJaspers

Thanos.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hoboseid
@JediXMan said:
" @CapitolPunishment said:
One can be a fan and not a fanboy. "

STFU fanboy
Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rainx20

Thanos is mad powerful but you guys are forgetting Luke is too. Idk if Thanos has the gauntlet of infinity in this because if he does Luke will lose but without it Luke can win. Luke defeats Abeloth in the fate if the Jedi while killing sith at the same time. Abeloth can't die because she is a god like entity and yet Luke travels through the shadows and kills abeloth's strongest form without a light saber in the duel of lake apparitions(Darth Krayt helped but tried to betray luke by force draining abeloth and luke so luke threw him and threatened him and he backed off). Luke killed a Abeloth by ramming his elbow through its head. Thanos has his hands fuller than some of you guys think!!! Abeloth like Thanos is supposed to not be able to die but yet Luke travels through the shadows to stomp it's ass. I think Luke can handle Thanos so long as he doesn't have the gauntlet of infinity.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doordoor123

said:

" @MarvelJackAss433 said:
Thanos is never a joke. Thanos tried to take on Galactus at one time. "

Tried??? Thanos STOMPED Galactus during the whole "Hunger" thing..

Thanos has NEVER beaten or stomped galactus in a one on one fight. Not even close to winning. In "Hunger" Thanos admitted his blast did nothing to irritate Galactus. In "Hunger" thanos was on his knees begging Galactus not to kill him. Now Thanos did prove he could deal with Galactus............. but only with prep

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

........-_- I'm one of Comicvine biggest Luke fans and even I know he does not have a snow balls chance in hell against Thanos.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos slaughters.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: @dccomicsrule2011: I know nothing about Luke but much about Thanos. But from reading previous post from you guys I thought Grandmaster Luke was affecting galaxies, had vast TK etc. He couldn't do ANYTHING to Thanos?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Nope nothing. His lightsaber is useless, his TK would not do much, his telepathy won't do nothing to the Mad Titan. Luke is simply out matched here

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Damn. Besides speed, is GM Luke herald level? If not, where would you put him in the marvel/DC universe?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@pooty: I would put him above the level of Hulk type characters. I think Luke would beat Wonder Woman and Superman as well. To be it's hard to place Luke at an exact level but if I had to guess, in his prime, he is a herald level character. He has planatey level TP, his TK is in the million ton range, his speed is near relativistic, his can turn invisible, he can create duplicates of himself, he can alter matter and make it explode, he can absorb/deflect energy, he has Emerald Judgement which he has used to one shot enemies, he can create energy barriers, he can effect senses, he has precognition, he can control tempature;etc. That put's him on Herald level imo.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Luke is powerful but I don`t think he is powerful enough to compete with a level of power as seen within the Mad Titan - Thanos who has tanked blasts from Odin, forced back Galactus with his very own energy blasts, and Thanos even stomped Thor as well as the rest of the Avengers or top Marvel characters at base level.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Clark_EL

Thanos

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By GhostRavage

@pooty: I would put him above the level of Hulk type characters. I think Luke would beat Wonder Woman and Superman as well. To be it's hard to place Luke at an exact level but if I had to guess, in his prime, he is a herald level character. He has planatey level TP, his TK is in the million ton range, his speed is near relativistic, his can turn invisible, he can create duplicates of himself, he can alter matter and make it explode, he can absorb/deflect energy, he has Emerald Judgement which he has used to one shot enemies, he can create energy barriers, he can effect senses, he has precognition, he can control tempature;etc. That put's him on Herald level imo.

WTF!?? STAR WARS! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WHEN I STOPPED LOOKING?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
No Caption Provided

Come on, man....

Whoa. It's been ages since I used that pic!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The awesomeness known as the EU.

Avatar image for underseer_kamal_rex
Underseer_Kamal_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos fires his eye rays of death and skeletonizes Luke.

Next.

@jedixman said:

@ghostravage said:

Which is considerably less awesome than 40k's black library. :P

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos fires his eye rays of death and skeletonizes Luke.

Next.

@jedixman said:

@ghostravage said:

Which is considerably less awesome than 40k's black library. :P

No Caption Provided

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I know Thanos has a high Tp resistance but Why Would Luke's light saber and TK be useless? You are also forgetting that Luke can use shatter points power which could hurt Thanos horrible if Luke finds a weak spot on him or damages him. I am not a Thanos expert but I have read up on some of his powers and I just find it hard to think Luke couldn't take Thanos (im assuming he doesn't have the infinity gauntlet on in this thread) Because he killed Abeloth many times while fighting sith and finished its final form off unarmed. Abeloth was a threat to the universe so I see it on Thanos's scale of power. Lastly have you put in consideration of Luke becoming one with the force when fighting Thanos I would think that would allow Luke to make a injury and then use shatter points on Thanos.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By reikai
No Caption Provided

@rainx20: This is about how much effort it would take to remove Luke, and anyone else from SW, from Thanos presence. Because they're not worth his time. And he has better things to do.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:
No Caption Provided

Come on, man....

Whoa. It's been ages since I used that pic!

It made me laugh so hard. Poor Cookie Monster. He did not care if he died of Diabetes.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pokergeist
Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainx20:

No Caption Provided

There is absolutely nothing Luke can do w/ Thanos.

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Luke may not win this but you Obviously know nothing about him or star wars if you think Thanos could kill him or someone else almost as powerful as him that effortlessly. Luke would sense that then dodge it but anyway explain why his TK or Light saber would not be effective.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By reikai

@rainx20 said:

@reikai: Luke may not win this but you Obviously know nothing about him or star wars if you think Thanos could kill him or someone else almost as powerful as him that effortlessly. Luke would sense that then dodge it but anyway explain why his TK or Light saber would not be effective.

For you to say that exposes a very simple fact; You don't know a damn thing about Thanos in the slightest. Thanos has had a black hole not just draw him in but COLLAPSE on top of him. It's diameter alone is enough to encompass four of our solar systems. And the only thing it managed to do was ruin his outfit and give him a few scrapes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In what Twice Lucas Violated Universe makes you think Luke Skywalker can do a Morgan Freeman damn thing to Thanos? When such a thing can't even hurt Thanos now.

A gas giant being ignited and detonated by a Herald of Galactus did nothing more than ruin his shirt.

No Caption Provided

You could throw the entire SWU at Thanos, and it would commit suicide to save itself from the brutal fisting that it's in store for.

Rainx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: http://marvel.com/universe/Thanos

As much as I hate to admit this but i guess you guys are right... I read this entire page and basically nobody is able to stop Thanos he is like Champion of everything lmfao. It was hard to understand at first because beating Luke Skywalker is like next to impossible but then again there isn't anything it seems like Thanos can't do. I kinda like him now he is bad ass. The reason why I thought Luke would win is because I thought during the Thanos imperative he wasn't god like or amped up from the cosmic cube or soul gems and all the other crap that he used to amplify himself. I was talking just regular Thanos before he meets death and finds the cosmic cube then I think Luke takes him. But Thanos later becomes unstoppable by everyone apparently.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainx20: A lot of people confuse Thanos' base abilities with him having some object. Thanos, at base, as seen above, is immensely powerful. Even before he died and was resurrected by Death during the Infinity Gauntlet, he was beating down figures like Drax with ease. A fist fight with Drax was so brutal it destroyed the planet they were on, and left Drax unconscious while Thanos didn't have a scratch.

Even before his reincarnation, Thanos was knocking around entire teams of super heroes without much effort, and would've killed the Thing and Hulk had Quasar not softened the blow. Every encounter with the Silver Surfer generally ended with Norrin getting the crap beaten out of him. To the point that Thanos had literally beat him to death, ported into Death's realm just so he could see what she planned for the Surfer, then used his Cosmic Energy to revive the surfer and fight off Death's minions, irritating her to the point she banished Thanos from her realm and made him immortal.

Despite the ban, Thanos still entered her realm during the Infinity War, without her noticing, so he could use the Infinity Well to get info on the Magus and his plans, and escaped before Death caught them. Even after Death had forgiven him and rescinded her ban on him, Thanos has been next to impossible to kill, and Drax only managed it in "Annihilation" because Death had depowered him so that he could be killed. Which was only done so she could have him remade as her Avatar in full to deal with the Cancer-verse afterwords.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainx20 said:

As much as I hate to admit this but i guess you guys are right... I read this entire page and basically nobody is able to stop Thanos he is like Champion of everything lmfao. It was hard to understand at first because beating Luke Skywalker is like next to impossible but then again there isn't anything it seems like Thanos can't do. I kinda like him now he is bad ass. The reason why I thought Luke would win is because I thought during the Thanos imperative he wasn't god like or amped up from the cosmic cube or soul gems and all the other crap that he used to amplify himself. I was talking just regular Thanos before he meets death and finds the cosmic cube then I think Luke takes him. But Thanos later becomes unstoppable by everyone apparently.

I'm happy you have a new respect for thanos but you might be overestimating him. Thanos is above heralds of galactus, superman, etc. But he is below skyfathers like Odin, cosmic powers like Tyrant. During THanos Imperative he was at his peak(i think) without any added power ups. THanos before he met death is called "Classic THanos". Luke may be able to beat him. But even that thanos was taking blows from Thor and knocking around the entire Avengers team. Welcome to The Vine!

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainx20 said:

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: You know that's non-canon. And it's still not as bad as Luke kissing his sister to put off Han Solo.

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@cara_hunter: You know that's non-canon. And it's still not as bad as Luke kissing his sister to put off Han Solo.

FATALITY!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: BUT @killemallsaid:

LOL

Also for the record, Thanos appearance in Spidey Superstories while forgettable, is still canon.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: They're not canon. Marvel confirmed this. That's like saying all the "what if" scenarios are canon.

Loading Video...

I recommend reading "Thanos Rising". It is absolutely fantastic. It is the full on backstory of Thanos, with all the nitty gritty parts we never knew.

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: oooooh kkk thx for explaining :)

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Titan_Lord