#1 Posted by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are at their primes and have their standard equipment. Luke does not have access to any Kryptonite. Their morals are off. This is a random encounter. Luke see's Superman from afar before they begin. The fight takes place on an indestructible planet that orbits a yellow sun. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke because he get's to throw the first punch.

#3 Posted by _Gaff_ (3099 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off? Superman kills him miles away with heat vision.

#4 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7621 posts) - - Show Bio

dam i vote luke bc i like him better plus he can turn superman head inside out. now superman has the speed so if he gets close but knowing luke it wont get that far.

#5 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals? Luke turns Superman head into a toilet.

#6 Posted by Iragexcudder (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

SPITE.

#7 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman throws the sun into the planet and the planet is absorbed into the suns core.

#8 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman god-stomps under these conditions.

#9 Edited by Sparnage (189 posts) - - Show Bio
@thebelltollsforthee said:

Both are at their primes

There's a big difference between Superman Prime and Superman in his (definition of prime). Although Superman wins either way, it's the difference between a normal stomp and a god stomp.

Superman speed blitzes (IMP) / heat visions / throws Luke into sun / throws Sun into Luke / flies into orbit and blows up the planet / Superman Prime One Million snaps and turns Luke into a pony / SMPOM looks at Luke and he explodes / this list can go on forever.

EDIT: I know the OP states the planet is indestructible, just showing how easily Supes can win.

#10 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

First off, ^

Second off, dayum... you people really know absolutely nothing about Luke. Nothing. Either that, or you're like the writers for DC and just can't stand Superman ever losing a fight. Either way, you're all wrong. Luke wins easily. The moment Luke lays eyes on Superman, he'd dominate his mind. Superman turns into a thumb-sucking baby. Second off, Naga Sadow has extinguished suns before so Luke could do that to the yellow sun (but that's a cop-out win so never mind that). And if Luke achieves Oneness, the only way Superman's winning this is if he flies into the core of the sun, but since Luke would know every detail about Superman the moment he sees him, he'd know not to let Superman do that. Luke wins 9/10 times. Superman wins this 1/10 times if he speed blitz Luke at the perfect moment, but that's just about it.

#11 Posted by RetconCrisis (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman heat visions Luke.

#12 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

First off, ^

Second off, dayum... you people really know absolutely nothing about Luke. Nothing. Either that, or you're like the writers for DC and just can't stand Superman ever losing a fight. Either way, you're all wrong. Luke wins easily. The moment Luke lays eyes on Superman, he'd dominate his mind. Superman turns into a thumb-sucking baby. Second off, Naga Sadow has extinguished suns before so Luke could do that to the yellow sun (but that's a cop-out win so never mind that). And if Luke achieves Oneness, the only way Superman's winning this is if he flies into the core of the sun, but since Luke would know every detail about Superman the moment he sees him, he'd know not to let Superman do that. Luke wins 9/10 times. Superman wins this 1/10 times if he speed blitz Luke at the perfect moment, but that's just about it.

All Supes has to do is blitz him like this: and the fight is over.

He could kill the strongest version of Luke in a plethora of ways before he could even react. Luke would stand a much better chance if morals were on... and he'd still probably lose then; under these conditions, Superman annihilates him.

#13 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque:

Luke has used his powers in nanoseconds and has deflected light speed energy beams.

Luke reflexes is superior to Superman's, he is not getting blitzed here.

#14 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque said:

@edude117 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

First off, ^

All Supes has to do is blitz him like this: and the fight is over.

He could kill the strongest version of Luke in a plethora of ways before he could even react. Luke would stand a much better chance if morals were on... and he'd still probably lose then; under these conditions, Superman annihilates him.

First off, not only is Luke a million times faster than that, but Superman is as well. Second off, did you even read my comment? Superman has to speed blitz at the right moment. And Luke would deserve to lose if he leaves himself open like that.

@retconcrisis said:

Superman heat visions Luke.

Luke could just speed blitz out of heat visions way. Also, depending on the power Superman puts into his heat vision, Luke would be able to tank most of the heat vision blasts via his Force shield. Superman would use heat vision sparingly anyway because it drains his power the most.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@carter_esque:

Luke has used his powers in nanoseconds and has deflected light speed energy beams. Luke reflexes is superiors to Superman's.

I don't think Luke's reactions are superior, but they're definitely on par or at least close to Superman's. Let's also remember that Luke knows every move Superman is going to make so not only are his reactions possibly as fast as Clarks, they're premeditated. Anyway, Superman can definitely fly faster than Luke, that's for sure, but that doesn't guarantee Superman a victory by any means. In fact, that's the only thing Superman's got on Luke, his superior running (I heard Clark can run as fast as the Flash) and flight speed. I also heard Supes has more durability than Luke, but I doubt that 'cause a Jedi's Force shield can withstand some crazy *ss shit. I forgot his name, but there was a Sith Lord that accidentally flew his ship into a star and, despite the ship being pulverized, he survived unscathed because of his Force shield. So I could imagine Luke, who's more powerful than this Lord by light years, would tank most of Superman's hits well enough.

Like I said, Luke wins 9/10 times. I like the "Luke vs. Green Lantern" fight better. Hal puts up a better fight, imo. Or Martian Manhunter. Or Flash... Or... anyone... lol

#15 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: I don't think Luke's reactions are superior, but they're definitely on par or at least close to Superman's. +

I think it is, Superman combat feats are inferior to Luke's.

#16 Posted by Silverrings (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be inclined to go with Superman, were it not for things like this:

Luke has used his powers in nanoseconds and has deflected light speed energy beams.

#17 Edited by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman What's your take on this?

P.S. Every time someone brings in either Jedi or Silver into a Star Wars debate, they feel like their say is final. They're humans, not omnipotent gods. They voice their opinions. I just hope JediXman's comment doesn't end this thread 'cause this is interesting.

If anyone can tag a Superman nerd, that'd be great. =)

#19 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7621 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: see thats why your the man that post of yours was epic:)

#21 Edited by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@anal_vomit said:

@edude117: Supes is immune to TP. I think.

I believe it's only to most forms. There have been telepaths that've broken through Superman's mental blocks. And thanks, green_skaar.

#22 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7621 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebelltollsforthee: well to a degree but people with high tp attacks has beaten superman more then once. and i went found a superman fan for you.allstarsuperman alright bro what your opinion on this battle.

#23 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

@anal_vomit said:

@edude117: Supes is immune to TP. I think.

No he's not. Many telepaths weaker then Luke has turned Clark's head into a toilet.

And before people questions Luke's ability to effect the strong minded (which they always do....) Luke has been able to project an illusionary fleet in the mind of Caedus and made the latter flee, Caedus has some pretty good TP feats himself, so i find the feat to be very impressive.

#24 Edited by patrat18 (8451 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by patrat18 (8451 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by XxGin (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes.

#27 Edited by Wardemon32 (3970 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18:

I actually don't know who wins but this is hilarious

#28 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14703 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Sweet explanation, dude. Now we know exactly who'd win! -_-

#30 Posted by patrat18 (8451 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Stupid_People (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant believe people are actually saying luke.

#32 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebelltollsforthee: I don't think it's mental blocks. Isn't it a biokenitic forcefield that surrounds him that prevents TP?

#33 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Since I've been tagged in this thread and we've done the dance on our Superman vs Palpatine CAV before and you know more about Luke than I do, I have 3 questions. How strong is Luke's TP, how likely is he to use it against Superman and how fast is he? It all depends on that before I can weigh in with my opinion. I conceded that an in character fight between Superman and Palpatine would end up with Palpatine winning since he'd use Force Storms or TP on Superman but Luke isn't quite that amoral. Assuming this is an in character fight, what is Luke likely to do?

#34 Edited by hylian (961 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#35 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Since I've been tagged in this thread and we've done the dance on our Superman vs Palpatine CAV before and you know more about Luke than I do, I have 3 questions. How strong is Luke's TP, how likely is he to use it against Superman and how fast is he? It all depends on that before I can weigh in with my opinion. I conceded that an in character fight between Superman and Palpatine would end up with Palpatine winning since he'd use Force Storms or TP on Superman but Luke isn't quite that amoral. Assuming this is an in character fight, what is Luke likely to do?

Hope you didn't mind being tagged, they wanted a Superman expert and you came right to mind.

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38046 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Hope you didn't mind being tagged, they wanted a Superman expert and you came right to mind.

I would personally view that as a compliment.

#37 Edited by SlimJ87D (9250 posts) - - Show Bio

okay, no more debating between the noobies and people that don't know anything about either character. I want to see real posts from real users (which some of you have already posted).

#38 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@lvenger said:

I would personally view that as a compliment.

And I do indeed even though I think I have a way to go on earning that honour. Just as Wolverine08 is one of the foremost Wolverine experts and you yourself GreenSkaar are very knowledgeable on the Hulk.

Fortunately I've also done a Superman vs Star Wars debate in the form of Superman vs Emperor Palpatine CAV with dccomicsrules so I do have some knowledge on their comparisons.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (38046 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Just as Wolverine08 is one of the foremost Wolverine experts

#40 Posted by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to go with Superman on account that he has the potential of speedblitzing with Morals Off(He wouldn't do that with Morals on), has more strength,speed,power,endurance,duability, etc. then Luke, has resisted telepaths, and can probably take anything Luke dishes out. Luke is pretty damn powerful mind you, but, he's only human.

#41 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

I have 3 questions.

I have no problem answering these questions, since no one else in this thread seems to be doing any debating. -_-

How strong is Luke's TP

Luke TP should be on Palpatine's level. As I said before in this thread, he has been able to make Darth Caedus flee from an fleet of an illusion that only he saw (showing Luke's skill and precision) Caedus has some nice TP feats himself, and hi being one of the most powerful Sith Lords in Star Wars history 2 or 3 give or take, adds more merit to the feats.

how likely is he to use it against Superman

I dunno, the main problem is I don't recall Luke ever being bloodlusted. It is presumed Luke doesn't use telepathy in his fights mainly because of his morals and the plot (just how Superman doesn't use speed in characters alot of the time)

and how fast is he?

Luke has used his powers in nanoseconds and has deflected light speed energy beams. He is on par, if not a tad bit faster then Sidious. He has also reflected fire from 120 Storm Troopers simultaneously, he has fought faster then even Ben Skywalker (who can see the world in slowmotion) can see, faught faster then several Jedi in the NJO, he has seen sub-light ships in slow motion; etc.

It all depends on that before I can weigh in with my opinion.

Well, I hope this cleared somethings up for you.

#42 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22864 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

okay, no more debating between the noobies and people that don't know anything about either character. I want to see real posts from real users (which some of you have already posted).

lol

#43 Posted by logy5000 (5635 posts) - - Show Bio

OP said both characters in their prime. Silver Age Superman absolutely slaughter stomps ANYTHING from Star Wars. It doesn't matter if Luke has superior reaction speed, he can't hurt Superman in any way.

#44 Posted by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

OP said both characters in their prime. Silver Age Superman absolutely slaughter stomps ANYTHING from Star Wars. It doesn't matter if Luke has superior reaction speed, he can't hurt Superman in any way.

Not true. You need to read this whole thread. Seriously, Superman fans just can not allow Superman to ever lose a fight. To be honest, if DC and LucasArts were to write a comic where Superman and Luke fought, they'd find a way to make Superman win just because. That's how Superman always wins. Every comic he's in is PIS.

#45 Posted by logy5000 (5635 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Not true. You need to read this whole thread. Seriously, Superman fans just can not allow Superman to ever lose a fight. To be honest, if DC and LucasArts were to write a comic where Superman and Luke fought, they'd find a way to make Superman win just because. That's how Superman always wins. Every comic he's in is PIS.

I'm sick of people acting like I'm a Superman fanboy. I could list dozens of people that could beat him. But tell me: how will Luke hurt SA Superman in any way at all?

#46 Posted by thebelltollsforthee (69 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by logy5000 (5635 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Read. The. Thread.

Oh sure. A lightsaber and the force will kill somebody who withstood the big bang and can travel across the universe in less than 1 second.

#48 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

So you made this thread to intentionally spite Superman, cool gotcha :D

@god_spawn @citizenbane @deranged_midget

#49 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread needs to die. It's turning into a fanboy vs. fanboy fight. The logic ended a dozen posts ago.

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

This has already been done, at least once (I think this was done twice).

Superman has no answer for Luke's TP, and this is not a speedblitz because Luke, in addition to clairvoyance/precognition, can actually process information and react in nanoseconds.

@jedixman What's your take on this?

P.S. Every time someone brings in either Jedi or Silver into a Star Wars debate, they feel like their say is final. They're humans, not omnipotent gods. They voice their opinions. I just hope JediXman's comment doesn't end this thread 'cause this is interesting.

If anyone can tag a Superman nerd, that'd be great. =)

It's more likely JXM or Silver won't want to respond. Their says aren't final, they have been persuaded before in debates against people like CB, DC, Steelhound and myself.

Unless you take Silver's ultra-long posts are signs of condescension, then I don't see how they believe their says are final?