Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader, did Luke get lucky in Ep 6?

Malayhee700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a question from a hardcore original trilogy fan. I did not get into the expanded universe of post empire books and video games. I only got into Shadows of the Empire and that's it. I am in my 20s now and I really changed my view on Luke Vs Vader on the Death Star. I think if Luke didn't destroy his father in a violent rage, Luke would have lost. I'm not saying Vader would have killed him. Because logically we see he saved his son, he obviously always cared for him. I think two things would have happened

1.) Vader wins, refuses Palpetine's orders to Kill Luke. They escape the Death Star together and Anakin tries to live out his remaining years at peace.

2.) Luke Loses. The Death Star's explosion kills all three of them.

Not doing fan fiction here, I'm just giving outcomes based on what happened in the movie. Also, Luke gained so much strength in such a short amount of years. But Anakin has more experience and I think he lost because he never expected his son to actually give into rage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was stated somewhere that they fought as equals. I do not think either were ready to kill each other. I also think if both were enraged, not just luke, Vader would have won. In my opinion Luke did get lucky in a way.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Penderor

Experts here believe that there were equal, which is stupidity of course.

Its somewhere between PIS and fight with a very good circumstances favoring to Luke.

1.) If Vader refuses Palpatine's order, he dies.

2.) if Luke loses, he dies and Palpatine then destroys Millenium Falcon.

Malayhee700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I switch between favoring Luke and Vader. Obi Wan is my favorite Jedi of all time. My bias aside from him. He's just an 'all around' Jedi. The most balanced, wise, calm and pragmatic person. An Obi Wan in his 20s/30s would beat Luke(Episode 6 Luke)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Not a battle.

Malayhee700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: It is a battle.. I don't see how it isn't. It's an already existing battle based on canon.