Luke Skywalker and Darth Revan VS Darth Vader and Mace Windu

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperJedi17

Expanded universe versions. Luke is 20 years after battle of yavin. Revan is before being betrayed by malak. Vader is 6 years before battle of yavin. Mace windu is........before getting force pushed out of a window......I don't know him very well. On coruscant Jedi temple 60 feetaway.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ostyo

Vader and Mace win, then Vader backstabs Mace...again, and force pushes him out a window. Vader wins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

6 ABY, Luke was capable of fighting against Palpatine is his prime.

Luke could solo all 3.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: But this is 20 ABY Luke. His saber skills would be sharp,but diminished,especially his speed(force speed though). Mace is still relatively young,maybe,how old was he anyway. Hard for me to tell.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: But this is 20 ABY Luke. His saber skills would be sharp,but diminished,especially his speed(force speed though). Mace is still relatively young,maybe,how old was he anyway. Hard for me to tell.

He would only be about 39, that's not very old. Mace was 53 at the time of his death.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I could never tell his age,my only exposure to mace was the movies,and Sam Jackson didn't look in his 50s,so I couldn't tell. Still,I always vote Luke. Was hard trying to think of a fair matchup,to be honest.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ComicStooge

@superjedi17 said:

@comicstooge: I could never tell his age,my only exposure to mace was the movies,and Sam Jackson didn't look in his 50s,so I couldn't tell. Still,I always vote Luke. Was hard trying to think of a fair matchup,to be honest.

Putting Luke in his mid-20's against anyone who isn't Palpatine is kinda pointless, because he's the strongest force wielder to ever live.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I know that much about Luke. Would it have been more balanced if it was Yoda 300bby instead of mace? Also do you have any comic recommendations with Luke as the main character,beside dark empire and thrawn trilogy? I have those.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicStooge

@superjedi17 said:

@comicstooge: I know that much about Luke. Would it have been more balanced if it was Yoda 300bby instead of mace? Also do you have any comic recommendations with Luke as the main character,beside dark empire and thrawn trilogy? I have those.

Like, graphic novels or regular novels?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superjedi17:

The novel Vector Prime introduces the Yuuzhan Vong and it's the first novel in the NJO series of novels.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Right, graphic novels. I need the pictures,trust me when it comes to imagination, I'm not even a George Lucas. Gotta have that visual support. With Luke as the main character,please.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Right, graphic novels. I need the pictures,trust me when it comes to imagination, I'm not even a George Lucas. Gotta have that visual support. With Luke as the main character,please.

Uh, you might want to ask @jedixman or @silver2467 about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I'll see what g mans answer is,I asked on the ask thread but who knows how long it'll take to get the answer. I'll ask them.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ComicStooge

@superjedi17 said:

@comicstooge: I'll see what g mans answer is,I asked on the ask thread but who knows how long it'll take to get the answer. I'll ask them.

Sure.

Also, I'm listening to the Shadows of the Empire audiobook right now, I'd recommend it.

It's on Youtube.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Luke is the MVP here. His team wins, Revan is just the icing on the force cake.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Herald417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team luke wins he is stronger in the force than any of them, and at that time he has achieved near true mastery status. If it becomes a pure lightsaber fight, Mace has a chance due to Vaapad but if Luke can roll them over with the force especially with Revans assistance. I would flip the teams Luke and Vader vs Revan and Mace that would be a great battle I could see it going either way.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Luke Skywalker solo's. Luke was in his prime 20 ABY, at this point he would be able to kill Mace and Vader before they could even react.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan solos. Or Luke solos. Either way, mismatch. Revan and Luke were both the "chosen ones" of their respective eras and did things no one else could do. The only thing that made Mace cool was being played by Samuel L. Jackson.

No Caption Provided

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SuperJedi17

@reikai: I actually made a Luke and cancerous vs Regan and boba. Here it is. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/luke-skywalker-and-canderous-ordo-vs-revan-and-bob-1477435/

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Revan solos. Or Luke solos. Either way, mismatch. Revan and Luke were both the "chosen ones" of their respective eras and did things no one else could do. The only thing that made Mace cool was being played by Samuel L. Jackson.

No Caption Provided

Revan did nothing in lightsaber combat, or in force really, that Vader or Windu did not match or do better.
Your argument is invalid.

DarthDessolah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthDessolah

@imboredletsdebate:

@imboredletsdebate said:

@reikai said:

No Caption Provided

Revan did nothing in lightsaber combat, or in force really, that Vader or Windu did not match or do better.

Your argument is invalid.

Revan did nothing in lightsaber combat? Nothing except defeat Mandalores , and numerous Sith Lords in melee combat, not to mention countless Jedi Masters (which he prided himself on killing without using Force powers). Revan was also a master in various martial-art and saber forms. He was a field General who personally led his forces into the fray of battle. Revan may not have been the greatest Light Saber artist of his era, but he is more than worthy of being considered among the elite.

He also did nothing in Force powers either? Hmm, nothing except master the "Razor's Edge" between the Light and Dark side, enabling him to harness the Light and the Dark side of the Force simultaneously and move freely between both forms, something no other Force user besides Luke Skywalker has ever accomplished . Singlehandedly hold off the nearly god-like powers of Emperor Vitiate, in a duel he nearly won. As a captured prisoner, resist his attempt to invade and control his mind while managing to counter-invade the Emporer's mind over the span of three centuries! Nothing besides instantly destroying the second most powerfull Sith Lord in the True Sith Empire, Darth Nyriss, by reflecting an insanely powerfull annhilation technique similiar to what Luke Skywalker employed to waylay an entire army. Nothing except being acknowledged by his contemporaries (Jedi and Sith) as one of the most powerfull Force sensitives of his entire era.

Yeah this guy did nothing....

Unless they've re-written the history books, Mace Windu's accomplishments don't even come close to matching those of Revan or Skywalker for that matter. Vader while infamous and iconic, was nowhere near as effective and powerful as he was before Kenobi put him in his black suit, and by the time of epsiode IV Vader mostly relied on his insanely strong Force abillities. Which was good enough, because he didn't really have to worry about fighting any more Force users after Order 66. In fact Vader nearly was killed by Darth Maul's clone, and only managed to defeat him by relying solely on his superior Force powers. So, for someone to "blanket-ly" assert that what Revan accomplished in lightsaber combat or Force abillites wasn't anything that Windu or Vader couldn't match or do better, shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.

IMO, Mace Windu and Vader are not even in the same league with Revan and Skywalker. To break it down... Windu would lose to Vader, Vader and Windu would be easily solo'd by Revan and by Skywalker, Vader and Windu paired together would still get solo'd by both Revan and Skywalker. And in a one-on-one Skywalker would take Revan in an epic fight for the ages. Bear in mind Vader lost his potential when he was put into the black suit. He's slow and clumsy and had half of his body replaced.

Phoenix6000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate:

Revan did nothing in lightsaber combat? Nothing except defeat Mandalores , and numerous Sith Lords in melee combat, not to mention countless Jedi Masters (which he prided himself on killing without using Force powers). Revan was also a master in various martial-art and saber forms. He was a field General who personally led his forces into the fray of battle. Revan may not have been the greatest Light Saber artist of his era, but he is more than worthy of being considered among the elite.

He also did nothing in Force powers either? Hmm, nothing except master the "Razor's Edge" between the Light and Dark side, enabling him to harness the Light and the Dark side of the Force simultaneously and move freely between both forms, something no other Force user besides Luke Skywalker has ever accomplished . Singlehandedly hold off the nearly god-like powers of Emperor Vitiate, in a duel he nearly won. As a captured prisoner, resist his attempt to invade and control his mind while managing to counter-invade the Emporer's mind over the span of three centuries! Nothing besides instantly destroying the second most powerfull Sith Lord in the True Sith Empire, Darth Nyriss, by reflecting an insanely powerfull annhilation technique similiar to what Luke Skywalker employed to waylay an entire army. Nothing except being acknowledged by his contemporaries (Jedi and Sith) as one of the most powerfull Force sensitives of his entire era.

Yeah this guy did nothing....

Unless they've re-written the history books, Mace Windu's accomplishments don't even come close to matching those of Revan or Skywalker for that matter. Vader while infamous and iconic, was nowhere near as effective and powerful as he was before Kenobi put him in his black suit, and by the time of epsiode IV Vader mostly relied on his insanely strong Force abillities. Which was good enough, because he didn't really have to worry about fighting any more Force users after Order 66. In fact Vader nearly was killed by Darth Maul's clone, and only managed to defeat him by relying solely on his superior Force powers. So, for someone to "blanket-ly" assert that what Revan accomplished in lightsaber combat or Force abillites wasn't anything that Windu or Vader couldn't match or do better, shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.

IMO, Mace Windu and Vader are not even in the same league with Revan and Skywalker. To break it down... Windu would lose to Vader, Vader and Windu would be easily solo'd by Revan and by Skywalker, Vader and Windu paired together would still get solo'd by both Revan and Skywalker. And in a one-on-one Skywalker would take Revan in an epic fight for the ages. Bear in mind Vader lost his potential when he was put into the black suit. He's slow and clumsy and had half of his body replaced.

With a single comment, you've confessed to not knowing a things as it pertains to Mace and Vader. Bravo.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

This fight is ridiculous. Luke solo-stomps them all by himself.

And cut the fanwanking, please. Revan is the weakest one here.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26 JediXMan  Moderator

Luke could stomp all three with ease.

Lock, please.

@god_spawn

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

This is an absolutely ridiculous comment. Luke isn't even at his strongest by 20 ABY, and he still stomps. Luke only increased with every passing moment after he be became a Jedi. He never decreased in ability until, arguably, into the Legacy era (40 ABY), and he was still the undisputed most powerful Jedi in history. He is currently in his 60s; he is still stronger and faster than Mace and Yoda.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondave

Luke

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan solo's

jokes

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: There's been worse posts in the thread.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@jedixman: Of course. I don't expect otherwise.

I'm surprised this thread is still open, though.