Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warpath:

Warpath http://www.comicvine.com/warpath/4005-2158/

Vs.

Luke Cage:

Don't figure I need a link for him, he is famous.

Round 1: Morals on: in an arena, no weapons.

Round 2: Morals on: in an arena, Luke gets a 10 foot log chain, James gets his knives.

Round 3: Morals off: in the street, Luke gets a 10 foot log chain, James gets his knives.

The person who wins at least 2 rounds goes to a bonus round.

Bonus Round: The winner takes on Thing.

Thing morals on, Winner is morals off.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear current warpath isn't that impressive. Classic warpath would probably take all rounds. Current warpath could tag cage with a vibranium knife I guess so I would give him those rounds assuming he is willing to stab cage in round 2.

The thing should beat luke cage. Not sure about warpath.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Classic Warpath was interesting, but he was just a brick. 70 - 80 ton range and invulnerable enough to take hits from Juggernaut and Exodus and still keep fighting.

Modern Warpath is very different. Heightened sense, super speed about 200 MPH and able to grab tranq darts out of the air, better fighter, has vibranium knives, but he is only about 25 tons, and is still very very tough but not like he used to be.

I like modern better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was tempted to put Colossus for the bonus round but that might give Warpath too much of an advantage with Vibranium knives.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: The latter warpath you described is what I thought was classic warpath. I recall Morpheus_ mentioning that warpath was revamped under brubaker. Since then he has been losing to cap and stuff. So I hear anyways. If its 90's warpath I agree he wins from the little I have seen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

What I call classic Warpath would be from New Mutants 100 through X-Force V1 1 - 42. The Tank years.

Modern would be Uncanny X-Men, and X-Force time.

Past that I am not sure, he just seems to be getting garbage writing for the last few years.

Pretty much anything from the AVX storyline should be taken with a grain of salt. That was written almost like a DC Marvel crossover, with all manner of cameo appearances in backgrounds and fights that make no sense.

Cap getting the armor he is wearing blown up by Gambit but not being hurt really. Also Cap beating Warpath without a tough fight. Not saying that Cap would lose, but if he did win he would not do it fast.

Warpath was just the person who had power enough to make other people look good by throwing him under the bus, however he was not popular enough to have many people complaining about it.

On paper he should be great:

7'2"

25 ton strength at least

super speed at least 200 mph or so running

Reaction speed good enough to catch tranq darts out of the air

Durable enough to trade a few hits with bigger tanks.

Heightened sense all the way around

Tracking on par with Wolverine

Vibranium knives

Fighter training from: Cable, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Pete Wisdom (not that he mattered much), and more

and depending on who is writing: Flight. I like him better without it, made no sense for him to have it in the first place.

On paper he is a lot to deal with but gets no respect.

I think Luke Cage would be a good fight, If I had put him against Thing or Colossus people would have just called it a stomp even though it would be a good fight.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, its a shame because Proudstar doesn't have that mean impressive feats, despite his strength and gear.

I'd say Cage takes round 1, and Warpath shoooould take the next two because of his speed and Vibranium knives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch:

James is a good example of "popularity is more important than skills or abilities"

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: hah truth, like even though he was a key player during his run in Wolverine's X-Force, he still doesn't have any notable feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch:

Most of my favorite heroes are rather obscure except for one or 2.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@misterwhisper: Well if we are using 90's warpath I think he beats cage in every round. He will probably lose against the thing unless he uses his vibranium knives properly.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

Warpath