• 435 results
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: Venom's broken out of his webbing too..same with Rhino IIRC. Both characters Luke is comparable to on a physical level. To me it's perfectly plausible someone as strong as him can break out of webbing. I also wouldn't run with those calculations..especially considering force isn't even measured in tons in the first place.

Not sure what you're referring to..but I do recall Venom(Brock) no selling his punches on more than one occasion.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I'm referring to the time Peter sent Venom (Flash Thomson) flying in one punch. Plus even if Cage broke out of the webs wouldn't it still stick to him worse then superglue??

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#203 god_spawn  Moderator

@juiceboks: Agreed. It certainly hasn't hampered him too much if at all.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: Sending Venom packing like that is pretty high end for him. Especially when Flash is Vulked-out (who's shown to straight up outclass Parker in the strength and durability departments). Considering Brock usually laughs at his punches I don't think that's the norm for Peter.

Logically yea..but it didn't and it certainly wasn't the first time either. I actually think the web hardens whenever it wraps around an object..but I don't exactly remember right now.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 juiceboks  Moderator

@god_spawn: Not in the least. Besides Luke can't afford to keel over now! He's got a wife, daughter, and a whole Avengers team to lead.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: And how would Luke get out of this? That's webbing in liquid form. Cage could suffocate in there and he wouldn't just rip it off because it's to sticky.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man can't really kill Luke under normal circumstances. Only way I see Spidey winning is through PIS, and pis related BFR. And since this is a fight to the death, it's irrelevant.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: I don't think Spider - Man resorting to using his webbing like that is in character for him. I for one haven't seen him do it that often recently. And Luke isn't as slow as Blob..I doubt he'd give Peter the chance.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey dances around guys as fast as Power Man all the time. I really don't see Power Man tagging Spidey to be honest.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Luke doesn't have a choice when he's facing an opponent that has displayed combat speed on the supersonic level. Luke's not slow but the speed gap is still to damn high. Just because he doesn't use that webbing often doesn't mean he cant tap into that ability. And I thought this was a fight to the death?

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage has been able to lift about 3 tons at one point and later on 25 tons. Spiderman can lift 10 tons. So I think Spiderman should be able to win. Mabey he could tie hi up with his web and then hang him or strangle him. Also in the warehouse I think Spiderman can get his hands on some weapons and hit cage with enough force to hurt him. Spiderman for the win.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: I agree Spider - Man is definitely faster but not to the point where he'd dance circles around Luke. That's never been the case when the two have gone head to head and Lukes tagged enough "fast" opponents to further drive this point. And there have been plenty of instances where Peter wanted nothing more than to end his opponent and he didn't try to suffocate them in that manner. It's OOC for him to use his webbing in such a way.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stalemate or Peter wins via pressure points.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: That can easily be explained away as PIS because if it were written accurately Luke wouldn't get the chance to touch him because otherwise the plot is useless and the fight would be even less entertaining since it would be cut to short. If you still disagree then were done here. We all have our opinions after all.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: You can call it PIS if you want but even Daredevil as @God_Spawn has pointed out has remarked on Lukes speed. I strongly disagree on your assessment so I guess we are done here.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cage.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Didn't Daredevil point out that Spideys speed was faster then eyes could track? Daredevil was much more impressed with spidey then he was with Luke.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: And he should be. Because Peter is faster than Luke. What I'm saying is that he's not so fast to where he will run circles around Luke. Cage can tag him..it would just be more difficult than the other way around.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#220 god_spawn  Moderator

I think something should be pointed out that a lot of peak human level characters can move faster than the eye has tracked. Even less than that have dodged bullets or deflected which shouldn't be seen by the human eye. Batman's deflected bullets on multiple occasions. Silver Samurai has deflected bullets. Cyclops has dodged bullets. Emma Frost has reacted to bullets after they've been fired. Punisher has dodged bullets. There is a big difference in comics when it comes to trained humans vs non trained human level characters.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Aren't Peter's reflexes 40x faster then normal humans? That means that from Peter's POV Luke's punches will feel like they are moving at less then 1 mph. With a powerset like that Luke should not only find it hard to tag him... it should be impossible.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Peter.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: You're still operating under the notion that Luke is as slow as a regular human. The fact of the matter remains is that he is far above that. Luke and many other people who have gone up against Spider - Man who may not be as fast as him have reacted to his blows and in fact have landed their own. You say it's impossible..but clearly it isn't.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By segamarvel

@juiceboks: Exactly how much faster then a normal human are you putting Cage at? 2x faster? 3x? 4x? Cause even then the gap is way to high to make a difference realistically.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: That's not something you can really put a number on..and on panel showings speak volumes more than fanmade calculations when it comes to stuff like this.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: It's not fan made. Spideys reflexes really were stated to be that high. A no morals Spider-Man would be written as untouchable to Cage as he usually is when he's in that mood. Perhaps your imagining this fight as Spidey with morals then I would agree... But it's not so Cage aint hitting him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@segamarvel: I know the 40x times greater reflex stat isn't fanmade. What you're trying to do for Luke is. Even Spider - Man when he was "morals off" has been tagged by characters slower than him like Wolverine. Not because he doesn't know how to dodge, but partially because when he's trying to end somebody he usually attempts to bash their face in until they go down. That wouldn't work with Luke and would actually leave him open to get pounded. I'm not even saying Luke would beat him at this point..but being morals off doesn't make Peter any faster. Luke has the capacity to tag Spider-Man..just not as much as Peter could tag him.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By segamarvel

@juiceboks: Morals off Peter actually is faster... unless you haven't read Grim Hunt. Are you basing this on power sets or how they are written with them (I thought comic vine existed so that we could look at battles more fairly without treating it like another writer is making a long plot device) ? Because either way a morals off Spidey was to fast for Kravens son to even track (who's also much faster then Luke). It would work with Luke because he would eventually start to wear down. How huge is Cages stamina? Because Spidey was able to fight Morlun for 12 hours straight (he was getting drained of his energy to which makes it even more impressive)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: I know the 40x times greater reflex stat isn't fanmade. What you're trying to do for Luke is. Even Spider - Man when he was "morals off" has been tagged by characters slower than him like Wolverine.

Spider-Man has never fought Wolverine with No Morals

but being morals off doesn't make Peter any faster.

It does.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: Sending Venom packing like that is pretty high end for him. Especially when Flash is Vulked-out (who's shown to straight up outclass Parker in the strength and durability departments). Considering Brock usually laughs at his punches I don't think that's the norm for Peter.

Flash was weakened from fighting Kraven, and was holding back.

Plus it wasn't like he was especially hurt from the blow either.

I don't really think that much of High end feat, even if you look at it from a surrounding damage point of view, seeing the feats Peter has amassed recently.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@juiceboks said:

@segamarvel: I know the 40x times greater reflex stat isn't fanmade. What you're trying to do for Luke is. Even Spider - Man when he was "morals off" has been tagged by characters slower than him like Wolverine.

Spider-Man has never fought Wolverine with No Morals

but being morals off doesn't make Peter any faster.

It does.

Watch out Juice, a premier Spider nut hugger feels threatened by your lack of awe with Spider-Man.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have been getting high end feats recently but Peter should take the win

Juggy313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Juggy313

Luke wins.. Cage these days is incredibly powerful.. He even fought Proxima Midnight to a stand still... Spidey wouldn't even be able to harm him..

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juggy313: Yeah no. Cage has literally only two powers going for him. Strength and bulletproof skin. Spidey is simply to versatile. If your gonna use an outlier feat for Cage then try Spidey beating on Iron Man. Spidey either speedblitzs or pours webbing down his throat.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By SheenLantern

Spider-Man

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with spider-man. He's more faster,agile, can use his webbing for incap, and is strong enough that he CAN hurt cage. just because he's bulletproof/invulnerable doesn't mean that enough punches from spider-man to the cranium will get to him. They have both exhibited great feats of strength (Cage taking down 70tonner samson, and spidey lifting the daily bugle for 50-60 tons)

Cage: 25 tons,

Spider-man: 20 tons

I know Luke Cage was weaker back then, but Spidey told punked Cage when they first fought in the 70s (Jameson hired Cage to hunt down Spider-man after Gwens death.) And spider-man was definitely weaker as well, struggling against kingpin and other peak humans. Spider-man 9/10

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why do people keep quoting spider-man at 10 tons still? The majority of his career he has been a 20-25 tonner, and he has definitely been one for the past 3 years. There is a MAJOR difference in damage output between being able to lift 10 and 20 tons lol

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Luke tag Peter?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: ik this was forever ago but does Peter know pressure points?

Avatar image for indestructible_man
Indestructible_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@childoftheatom: wtf? Overestimating??? What did you just say??? Everybody is underestimating him,everybody say that he is just bulletproof outside but inside he is like normal human... THIS IS JUST SOME MOTHERFUCKING BIG PIS!!!!!!

(and small fact: luke tanked high caliber bullets ( 50 caliber) without ingury and tanked tank shells)

Avatar image for indestructible_man
Indestructible_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk who wins but i want to say somthing about luke's strength

He is no longer 25-30 tonner because of one fact that he lifted Living Monolith who weigh about 70 tons (68.7 tons) ,so that makes him 70 tonner.

And durability: He tanked tank shells without getting injured, taked powerful blast from Living Laser and than he sayd 'Tickels',

survived atom blast with minimum inguries but he died because of radiation not blast, he was punched by hulk and flought througt 5 skyscrapers and than he felt down and about five seconds he standed up and he was ok.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter, most likely via pressure points.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman has every advantage except for strength and durability. However i still see cage taking the majority because spiderman can't hurt him. The only way for parker to maybe secure a win is to evade luke with his reflexes and spider sense while using all of his webbing on luke's face and/or down his throat/up his nose (he has enough webbing to cover the side of a massive building). Cage won't be able to break out of that much volume of webbing, especially before he suffocates or chokes out.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey wins

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage reminds me of Jax from Mortal Kombat.

Caseiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force users are very fast actually it's not seen in film but actually Luke moves above sonic speeds and once used subrelativistic speed or something like this. Lightsaber cuts anything it touches and Spiderman has no protection. Force users have something like spider sense but even better... at least in case of so epic powerful Jedi like Luke :P Luke stomps 10/10

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Spidey

Though i don't really see any of them really hurting each other

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers