#1 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

No prep, except Bats and Beast have a few hours to get to know each other and maybe build up some teamwork, during this time they won't know who they're gonna fight though.

Daredevil has one adamantium knife on his body that he cannot use- Once Beast or Batman defeats Daredevil they can retrieve the knife and use it against Cage. DD cannot throw the knife to Cage or anything like that. Bats and Beast know he has the knife.

Standard equipment, meet on a Manhattan rooftop. Morals are on. This is Beast before his second mutation because his current power levels are somewhat unknown.

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage & Daredevil.

#3 Posted by Shawnbaby (10789 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Beast.

If they go with the obvious pair-offs Bruce can beat Matt while Beast can at least keep Cage busy.

Bruce has the gear he would need to take down Cage even without the Adamantium Knife.

#4 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Luke Cage = Rampage Jackson or am I being silly ... that or Page mirrors Luke Cage with the bad a$$ chain fashion statement unintentionally. Sorry. Had to be said. Rampage is a comic fan. I am now convinced.

Anywho ...

I believe DD is a close fight for Bruce in a random. Murdock is top tier and deserves the props. He can hang with Batman. There. I said it.

I just think Luke Cage is a terrible fight for Hank. Beast is more agile, more acrobatic, has better avoidance ... but he still has to put Luke down. Maybe Bruce can pull a T'Challa and hit Cage with a pressure point (through impenetrable skin and alla that ... sure ... why not). Such as it is, Batman has a better chance to win via pressure point, as silly as it sounds, than Hank does using brute force.

And then Murdock has taken down Hyde via pressure point as well. Ah screw it, I'm opting for Team 1 in a close one.

#5 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#6 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

If you go with the two pair ups Daredevil vs Batman, and Cage vs Beast. Than Cage would beat Beast seeing as he's at least twice as strong as well as Beast's claws wouldn't do much to Cage's skin...Cage would beat Beast after a decent fight. Now, Daredevil vs Batman is just about as even of a match as I've ever seen, many people seem to think Batman will win easy but that's just not true. Daredevil is one of the top tier martial artists in Marvel universe, he beat Wolverine (who is said to be a master of all forms of martial arts and fighting styles on the planet) he beat Iron Fist twice (one of the worlds top tort martial artists) he's never given his due props as one of the greatest martial artists in all of the universes. Neither Batman or Daredevil has a clear advantage over the other, if you look at their feats and showings of skill they're around equal. They both fight mainly psychopaths, assassins and thugs on the street. Both have defeated and stalemated some of the worlds greatest martial artists. Could go either way to be honest...

#7 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Does Luke Cage = Rampage Jackson or am I being silly ... that or Page mirrors Luke Cage with the bad a$$ chain fashion statement unintentionally. Sorry. Had to be said. Rampage is a comic fan. I am now convinced.

Imagine Rampage as Luke Cage??

mind = blown!!

#8 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, and Luke Cage solos.

#9 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

oh, and Luke Cage solos.

Completely off topic ... but GSP versus Diaz tonight.

Aww yeah ...

#10 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage solo's.

#11 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

cage murdock

or

matt cage

or

luke murdock

or

LCD

#12 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck said:

oh, and Luke Cage solos.

Completely off topic ... but GSP versus Diaz tonight.

Aww yeah ...

....great card, couple of good fights. Diaz fan here, so the outcome was .... meh. Good fight by GSP. Didn't do any damage, but he definitely won decisively.

#13 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck said:

oh, and Luke Cage solos.

Completely off topic ... but GSP versus Diaz tonight.

Aww yeah ...

....great card, couple of good fights. Diaz fan here, so the outcome was .... meh. Good fight by GSP. Didn't do any damage, but he definitely won decisively.

Yeah, GSP was very lackluster that fight too though. To coin a phrase, I was not at all impressed with his performance. Good thing Diaz was likewise off his game or Georges would have actually been in trouble IMHO.

GSP actually looked like he was gassing in round 3 ... not good.

He's got a formula to beat these top tier welter weights ... and considering the level of his competition, GSP is definitely one of the pound per pound greats, but he sure as heck is too timid to finish them. He does indeed fight 'safe'. That, and GSP bruises easier than a 12 year old girl.

#14 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck said:

oh, and Luke Cage solos.

Completely off topic ... but GSP versus Diaz tonight.

Aww yeah ...

....great card, couple of good fights. Diaz fan here, so the outcome was .... meh. Good fight by GSP. Didn't do any damage, but he definitely won decisively.

Yeah, GSP was very lackluster that fight too though. To coin a phrase, I was not at all impressed with his performance. Good thing Diaz was likewise off his game or Georges would have actually been in trouble IMHO.

GSP actually looked like he was gassing in round 3 ... not good.

He's got a formula to beat these top tier welter weights ... and considering the level of his competition, GSP is definitely one of the pound per pound greats, but he sure as heck is too timid to finish them. He does indeed fight 'safe'. That, and GSP bruises easier than a 12 year old girl.

Hahaha, CLASSIC! Yeah, unfortunately the result was to be expected. GSP literally seemed to have landed zero significant strikes from the top position. He couldn't pass Nick's guard either. That being said, it was Nick's responsibility to get the heck up from the bottom position. He did a great job stuffing a few takedowns, but could not find a rhythm. He landed a couple of nice straight lefts, but that was pretty much it. I'm pretty bummed. Meh.

#15 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

1. That pic of DD and Luke is awesome!

2. They win this fight

#16 Posted by AlteredBeast (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman has too many toys and Luke and DD have too many weaknesses. Bat's vs Luke would be relatively drawn out cause Luke isn't super fast and would have trouble even laying a hand on Bats, giving Batman time to figure out he needs to use some sort of gas or electric shock or something. Meanwhile DD will need his super senses just to keep from getting torn apart by Beast who really is somewhat over powered in this fight.

IF the fight went Batman vs DD and Luke Vs Beast it would still come down to Luke not being able to keep up with Beast's agility and Beast not being able to do any damage to Luke. Batman would vs DD strictly h2h would still yield a victory for Bats let alone with his utility belt. So Bats and Beast wins because Batman is a hoarder.

#17 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! No prep? what Bat has to offer here? Luke can basically solo here.

#18 Posted by AlteredBeast (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: Even without prep Bats can go to his utility belt for some knock out gas or go to his glove compartment for some high voltage tazers. You don't even want to know what he's got in his trunk (his bowling ball, and laundry he forgot to take out)

#19 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@AlteredBeast said:

@GodDamnIronMan: Even without prep Bats can go to his utility belt for some knock out gas or go to his glove compartment for some high voltage tazers. You don't even want to know what he's got in his trunk (his bowling ball, and laundry he forgot to take out)

Luke is way stronger than any opponent Bat's faced, Physically of course... Luke is only vulnerable to few things, he is bullet proof, easily 30 tonner...with no prep, Batman is done, really....

#20 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck:

Yeah ... Nick had 13 minutes of stand-up with GSP (mostly because Georges was gassed and lacked effective take down attempts in the later rounds as a result) - so Nick has ZERO excuses. He had plenty of time to unload on Georges and he should have. He needed to leave it all out there ... instead, he was tentative and sloppy. So was Georges though (he looked much less explosive than usual).

#21 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck:

Yeah ... Nick had 13 minutes of stand-up with GSP (mostly because Georges was gassed and lacked effective take down attempts in the later rounds as a result) - so Nick has ZERO excuses. He had plenty of time to unload on Georges and he should have. He needed to leave it all out there ... instead, he was tentative and sloppy. So was Georges though (he looked much less explosive than usual).

He looked "flat", as even he stated. Even so, in that short amount of time, not withstanding the random superman punch and some pretty effective jabs, Nick really did get the better of any exchanges, but it was short lived because as he would find his rhythm he would start to stand straight up again, and not be prepared to stuff the takedown. He started stuffing takedowns later on in the fight, and probably stuffed more takedowns than most of GSP's opponents, which is very impressive and surprising btw. He just could not capitalize.

#22 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke cage makes this battle lop sided ...oh and he pretty much solos

#23 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one. Luke beats beast and helps Matt finish off bats, who cannot beat DD in any reasonable amount of time

#24 Posted by BecauseImSpiderMan (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn this is hard. well Imma go with Luke and Daredevil. its gonna go down like this. Luke Vs beast and Beast gets stomped.....HARD. But i think Batman could take DareDevil DareDevil has a Pretty good chance but when it comes down to strength batman wins. Luke Vs bats Luke cant get a hit and batmans punches cant hurt luke. But luke gets a lucky shot Wounding batman and then he has his chance to kill him

#25 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck:

Yeah ... Nick had 13 minutes of stand-up with GSP (mostly because Georges was gassed and lacked effective take down attempts in the later rounds as a result) - so Nick has ZERO excuses. He had plenty of time to unload on Georges and he should have. He needed to leave it all out there ... instead, he was tentative and sloppy. So was Georges though (he looked much less explosive than usual).

He looked "flat", as even he stated. Even so, in that short amount of time, not withstanding the random superman punch and some pretty effective jabs, Nick really did get the better of any exchanges, but it was short lived because as he would find his rhythm he would start to stand straight up again, and not be prepared to stuff the takedown. He started stuffing takedowns later on in the fight, and probably stuffed more takedowns than most of GSP's opponents, which is very impressive and surprising btw. He just could not capitalize.

Depends what you mean by "get the better"? Because, it's kind of strange you see Diaz as having gotten the better of the stand-up. FightMetric, where the UFC often pulls their fight statistics from, sees GSP with 105 significant strikes landed overall versus Diaz' 41.

That's not really getting the better of the stand-up. Now, that's just significant strikes. Diaz didn't even get the better of GSP with the accumulation his pitter patter pillow punches either. Total strikes landed were 210 in favor of GSP versus Diaz' 80. GSP landed 138 strikes to the head, versus Diaz' 43. It goes on.

GSP dominated in every aspect of those admittedly lackluster 5 rounds. Though I do agree, Diaz stuffed more take downs against GSP than any other ... and that is definitely to his credit. Though, truth be told, that's principally because Diaz' unorthodox ground game strategy in the first two rounds gassed GSP. Georges was tired and his takedowns were uncharacteristically poorly timed and sloppy.

Also of note; GSP bruises extremely easily. Some, like Anderson, can eat a dozen shots with nary a bruise to show for it while others, like Georges, look like they got hit by a bus. It's more cosmetic than anything else.

#26 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbuck:

Yeah ... Nick had 13 minutes of stand-up with GSP (mostly because Georges was gassed and lacked effective take down attempts in the later rounds as a result) - so Nick has ZERO excuses. He had plenty of time to unload on Georges and he should have. He needed to leave it all out there ... instead, he was tentative and sloppy. So was Georges though (he looked much less explosive than usual).

He looked "flat", as even he stated. Even so, in that short amount of time, not withstanding the random superman punch and some pretty effective jabs, Nick really did get the better of any exchanges, but it was short lived because as he would find his rhythm he would start to stand straight up again, and not be prepared to stuff the takedown. He started stuffing takedowns later on in the fight, and probably stuffed more takedowns than most of GSP's opponents, which is very impressive and surprising btw. He just could not capitalize.

Depends what you mean by "get the better"? Because, it's kind of strange you see Diaz as having gotten the better of the stand-up. FightMetric, where the UFC often pulls their fight statistics from, sees GSP with 105 significant strikes landed overall versus Diaz' 41.

That's not really getting the better of the stand-up. Now, that's just significant strikes. Diaz didn't even get the better of GSP with the accumulation his pitter patter pillow punches either. Total strikes landed were 210 in favor of GSP versus Diaz' 80. GSP landed 138 strikes to the head, versus Diaz' 43. It goes on.

GSP dominated in every aspect of those admittedly lackluster 5 rounds. Though I do agree, Diaz stuffed more take downs against GSP than any other ... and that is definitely to his credit. Though, truth be told, that's principally because Diaz' unorthodox ground game strategy in the first two rounds gassed GSP. Georges was tired and his takedowns were uncharacteristically poorly timed and sloppy.

Also of note; GSP bruises extremely easily. Some, like Anderson, can eat a dozen shots with nary a bruise to show for it while others, like Georges, look like they got hit by a bus. It's more cosmetic than anything else.

You're right on all points. No argument here. But to clarify I meant Diaz got the better of any exchanges, not of the stand up. When they stayed in the pocket Nick would start doubling up shots and rip a few to the body. That was maybe 2x in a 5 round fight mind you. Agreed on all points though. Pretty much a bad fight for Nick all the way around. I'm concerned he's going to continue to have problems in the UFC 170lb division with all these wrestlers.

#27 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#28 Posted by theDCkid (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Bruce has the gear he would need to take down Cage even without the Adamantium Knife.

So true.

#29 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage solo's

#30 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Luke is soloing in any way, shape, form, or manner.

Team 1 wins, but it's definitely not with Matt hanging out on the sidelines playing with his spidey lunchbox.