#1 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1: Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader

vs

X-Men: Cyclops, Gambit, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine

All out fight. Win by death or permanent incapacitation.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solo's

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

Magneto solo's

Even if Luke and Vader are at their most powerful?

#5 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Vader at his most powerful gets solo'd by Magneto I'm not so sure about Luke because he isn't covered head to toe in armor but then again there's nothing Luke can do to beat Magneto.

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Vader at his most powerful gets solo'd by Magneto I'm not so sure about Luke because he isn't covered head to toe in armor but then again there's nothing Luke can do to beat Magneto.

There was a Luke vs Magneto thread and a lot of people thought Luke would defeat Magneto.

#7 Edited by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke solos. The only real threat to him is Magneto, and I'm convinced that Luke will just find a shatterpoint and abuse it.

#8 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

There was a Luke vs Magneto thread and a lot of people thought Luke would defeat Magneto.

That's plain silly

Magneto shields would protect him and his helmet prevents TP from working, I don't see how Luke would win?

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@cara_hunter said:

That's plain silly

Magneto shields would protect him and his helmet prevents TP from working, I don't see how Luke would win?

I thought Magneto's TP resistance was his own and not dependent on the helmet. Could be wrong, I'm no expert on Mags.

#10 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by WillPayton (9147 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you never said Magneto already has any shields up, Luke speedblitzes.

#13 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Well I assumed Mageneto's shields will be able to stop an outside interference like the force but if it doesn't Luke will be busy handling Cyclop's and Storm for a few seconds which would buy Magneto time to kill Luke and Vader.

#14 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you never said Magneto already has any shields up, Luke speedblitzes.

I doubt he does that IC sure he's blood lusted but I don't think he auto kills.

#15 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solos, easy.

Shields up, than yanks the light sabers (which contain medal) out of Lukes and Vaders hands and chops them into little pieces.

#16 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solos, easy.

Shields up, than yanks the light sabers (which contain medal) out of Lukes and Vaders hands and chops them into little pieces.

Oh oh, now you've done it prepare for the SW fanboys horde

#17 Posted by Rexorr (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter lol you are right about this¸ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#18 Edited by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's an all out battle with no prep Luke WILL permanently incapacitate him. He's not on of those "The Light Side is absolute" Jedi. Chances are he'll forsee Magneto's ability to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum, and use his ridiculous control of the force to protect him from it. At the end of the day they're both fleshy meat bags so a strong force attack like Force Telekinesis to break his neck/heart/testes or that Golden Flame force attack ends Magneto. On the reverse Magneto using the full extent of his powers can wreck Luke. I just see Luke's speed giving him the advantage. Not to mention that Luke has mastery of the Fold Space, meaning he could theoretically just teleport a sharp object or lightsaber behind Mags and stabby stabby.

It's not that Magneto can't win, it's just that Luke Skywalker and most of the Star Wars EU is so hilariously overpowered it might as well be a japanese manga.

#19 Edited by reikai (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

What stops Magneto from tearing Luke's insides to pieces through the iron in his blood? Or making Luke choke himself to death with that Prosthetic Right Hand? Or shooting Luke's wristcom like a bullet into his face?

Honestly, SW isn't nearly as powerful as people like to claim.

#20 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

What stops Magneto from tearing Luke's insides to pieces through the iron in his blood? Or making Luke choke himself to deal with that Prosthetic Right Hand? Or shooting Luke's wristcom like a bullet into his face?

lol

Here lies Grand-Master Luke Skywalker killed by his own hand.

last words being "o mer gerd he killin meh dada"

#21 Posted by Bamapecan (194 posts) - - Show Bio
@reikai said:

What stops Magneto from tearing Luke's insides to pieces through the iron in his blood? Or making Luke choke himself to deal with that Prosthetic Right Hand? Or shooting Luke's wristcom like a bullet into his face?

What's to stop it? Oh I dunno...supreme control over The Living Force comes to mind. Magneto can't begin to manipulate someone who has an equal resistance/counter to his power (imagine Graviton with a lightsaber). Also, does Magneto have battle precognition?

@reikai said:

That may be true, but Luke Skywalker closed a black hole with the Force. Your move, Magneto.

#22 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

What stops Luke from using the force/his own electromagnetic manipulation to shield himself from Magneto's? What stops Luke from finding the shatterpoint of Magneto's shields? What makes you believe that Magneto will be able to resist the force just like the other things he's faced in the Marvel Universe?

Honestly, SW is nearly as powerful as people like to claim.

#23 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the comment that Luke solos.

Magneto said it best...

I can manipulate the metal in this, but you, you can do anything. Anything you can think of.

#24 Posted by reikai (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@bamapecan: Magneto's shields stood up to a shot from a Celestial.

@ifoughtgalactus: Luke doesn't control electromagnetism. He has Force Lightning. And all his major feats required fully immersing himself into the Force to do anything major. Something he wouldn't have time for in a battle with Magneto. And any lightning would just strengthen Magneto's power.

So, no, SW isn't as powerful as people claim. And all of the "power" people claim is only ever from Luke or Sid. That's it. And that's because Lucas wanked them so hard that he didn't want anyone to make better characters than him, and threatened to fire anyone who even spoke out against his policies. Even after more than three decades, Lucas banned the guy who wore the Darth Vader costume in the Original Trilogy just because he openly stated some of the things Lucas did to him during the making of the OT. George Lucas banned Darth Vader from the Main Star Wars conventions, theme parks and events.

#25 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke learned electromagnetism and teleportation from the Aing-ti monks in Fate of the Jedi. "He has Force Lightning", christ that is the understatement of the week. If the extent of your knowledge of Luke ends at "He has Force Lightning", pick up an EU book.

It's more than Luke and Sidious. It's Darth Revan. It's Bane. It's Nihilus, it's Caedus. It's the Sith Emperor. The star wars universe is more than Luke and Sidious, and what George Lucas says. Lucas created the universe, but he is not responsible for most of it's greatest moments.

David Prowse is just what you said, a guy who wore a costume. James Earl Jones is the character Vader. Either way that point and the point about Lucas banning someone from conventions has nothing to do with Luke vs. Magneto.

Luke has much more at his disposal than Force Lightning, as I've mentioned before. There's a reason I never used that in my arguments for beating Magneto.

#26 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

*see what's being said in the thread* *walks out in disappointment*

Ignorance is a killer.

#27 Posted by reikai (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@ifoughtgalactus: David Prowse was Vader. He wore the suit and did all the motions and acting. Lucas didn't even tell David that he was going to be voiced over. The man had to find out at home while watching Ep4 on TV with his kids and having them point out that it doesn't sound like him.

Lucas' decisions have everything to do with SW. He ruined his own characters and creations by constantly messing with the writing teams and making them do whatever he wanted, regardless of how inane it was and butchered creativity.

I know all about Revan, Bane, Caedus and co. But Luke isn't them. Luke beats Caedus, is KO'd by Exar Kun's force ghost, and fights Sidious more than once because Lucas couldn't come up with a better idea for a villain, and then they all failed by introducing the Yuuzon Vong.

Luke needs to prep to pull high-end feats which requires him becoming One with the Force in order to pull them off, because his own reserves aren't up to par. His standard level isn't that great, whereas Magneto can still lift and throw around oil tankers and move asteroids and affect the planets magnetic field. We've even seen Magneto rip the adamantium right out of Wolverine's body.

Just the fact he could guard himself from a Celestial is more power than Luke can put out. And what many people seem to forget is you don't need to be all that tough to beat Luke, or any other Jedi for that matter. Plot and Circumstance can kill anyone. Someone with the correct skillset, who can bypass the precog, is capable of surprising Luke with a bullet to the head, and it would kill him.

#28 Posted by xlab3000 (3130 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke and Vader

#29 Posted by Bamapecan (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Why are you talking about movie production and plot and circumstance and all of this irrelevant nonsense? This is about the established characters and their abilities, not some bitter and whiny rant about what may or may not have influenced their progression and evolution in the respective comics...that is out of context and strictly subjective. And the tone of your whole rant seems really emotional, and all the while dodging the facts that Ifoughtgalactus just provided you, which pretty much shoots down any issues you had with Luke's power set.

#30 Edited by Rainx20 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto will make this a bitch seeing how he will tear apart Vader with no problem. Luke can beat Magneto but it is a really complicated fight because of Luke's hand. The rest of the X-men are no problem for Vader and Luke to take on. Luke has used the force to Manipulate the weather before so storm isn't that dangerous. I'm going to give it to Luke and Vader because the minds of cyclops, Storm, Gambit, and Wolverine can be manipulated by the force to turn on Magneto. Then Magneto can be dealt with.

#31 Edited by Rainx20 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke solos. The only real threat to him is Magneto, and I'm convinced that Luke will just find a shatter point and abuse it.

You said it man Shatter points are so overlooked in these threads. Shatter points will ruin anyone's day if there is a significant weak spot. Hell people rant about Magneto taking iron out of blood. Luke opened somebodies internal wounds before with shatter points!

#32 Posted by reikai (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainx20: It takes concentration to work the Force on a mind, and even if it would only take them seconds to do it, that's seconds they don't have because of Magneto. Magneto can destroy Vader without effort, and in all honesty all he has to do for Luke is distract him for a second and Cyclops can vaporize him. Cyke can flatten mountains with his optic blasts.

Can't discount Storm by saying Luke has manipulated weather a bit. He's an infant next to a god in this category with Storm. While she is susceptible to TP, the fact remains that if Luke can't take out Magneto right at the start, it's already game over.

#33 Posted by Rainx20 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Magneto will own Vader no question. Those seconds the other X-men are mind raped and then Luke goes after Magneto. Cyke can be confused with a force illusion.

#34 Edited by reikai (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainx20: Magneto can take Vader and Luke at the same time. Vader is just easier because he's half machine. Luke's right arm is a fake and his own lightsaber can be turned against him, and the iron in his blood is its own weapon.

#35 Posted by Rainx20 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Nah Luke takes Magneto I already saw enough in that thread.

#36 Edited by Hyperlight (5427 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards magneto if he is quick about it. the longer he drags it out the more likely he is to lose because the force guys can utilize their precognition and shatterpoints. luke and vader have to be in a certain mindset and be at maximum force connectedness to do there high end feats. all mags needs is to exert himself.

#37 Posted by Megatronus_Prime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solos by squashing the bottom part of the lightsaber then vaders box on his chest and luke skywalker cannot cope on his own against the rest.

#38 Edited by dondave (34303 posts) - - Show Bio

*see what's being said in the thread* *walks out in disappointment*

Ignorance is a killer.

#39 Edited by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1: Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader

vs

X-Men: Cyclops, Gambit, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine

All out fight. Win by death or permanent incapacitation.

Who wins?

Drunk Vader solos

#40 Edited by IRS (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanted to say that's an awesome picture of Vader you found for the OP.

#41 Edited by MonsterStomp (15782 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Magneto was weak?

#42 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by MonsterStomp (15782 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio

The "currently" would've negated my initial confusion.

#45 Edited by MonsterStomp (15782 posts) - - Show Bio

@ifoughtgalactus: Well usually, if not otherwise specified, we assume these are current versions.

#46 Posted by Ifoughtgalactus (255 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by ShootingNova (15499 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ ripping the saber out / using it or Luke's hand against him.

@reikai said:

@ifoughtgalactus: Luke doesn't control electromagnetism. He has Force Lightning. And all his major feats required fully immersing himself into the Force to do anything major. Something he wouldn't have time for in a battle with Magneto. And any lightning would just strengthen Magneto's power.

So, no, SW isn't as powerful as people claim. And all of the "power" people claim is only ever from Luke or Sid. That's it. And that's because Lucas wanked them so hard that he didn't want anyone to make better characters than him, and threatened to fire anyone who even spoke out against his policies. Even after more than three decades, Lucas banned the guy who wore the Darth Vader costume in the Original Trilogy just because he openly stated some of the things Lucas did to him during the making of the OT. George Lucas banned Darth Vader from the Main Star Wars conventions, theme parks and events.

Are you serious? Please don't wastefully comment if you don't know what you're on about.

Firstly, Luke doesn't use Force Lightning, he uses Electric Judgment.

Next, I have no idea what you are saying with your "immersion" point. Any Jedi relies on the Force to do what they do. Luke's power levels are quite sufficient without much effort.

Actually, its the other way around. 85-90% of people ignore the EU, and there's only a few people who actually overwank it. The "power" people actually claim (regardless of whether it is factual or not) comes from an entire host of characters, not just Luke, Sidious etc.

And I'm just about done with your post, I don't want to continue anymore, because as usual, you're just spouting rubbish and trading points with you becomes a worthless waste of time. Good day to you sir, and I implore you to stop defiling this thread with more non-factual, made up fan-fiction that you want to share so much. Post it on the fan-fiction board, thanks.