Luffy vs Natsu.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CurseNaruto

Round 1. The very last episode of One piece right before Timeskip Luffy vs The very last episode of Fairy Tail right before Natsu went through his very first Timeskip.

Round 2. Timeskip of both characters. Current of both.

Explain why he would win. Keep it civil.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy wins according to OP fans and manga fans in general. Speed wins out apparently and Haki (hax) as well. Fire can melt rubber but, that doesn't matter.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Luffy

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This has been done so many times...

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: People keep saying, Natsu after his second Timeskip can beat him now. I need proof.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@nelomaxwell: Forget about the fans. How do you feel?

I think Natsu has a shot. Luffy is fast and durable but the guy couldn't take Ace's flames and I don't think he can take Natsu's, who can melt things just standing in their vicinity. He can also cause heat stroke apparently and we've seen what dried out Luffy looks like. I think what really saves the Straw hat is his Haki, which is really some bull since it provides an easy out. Due to this factor mainly I think Luffy wins the majority. Without the hax, I think Natsu is taking him from pillar to post and coming out with the W.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StrictlyAnime

@cursenaruto: Too soon to tell, we're only 10 chapters into the second time skip. We haven't seen Natsu's Dragon Force/Lightning Flame Dragon spells; also Gear 4 is going to be hitting us this coming week.

I will however tell you that Natsu's heat power has surpassed that of Ace and possibly Akainu. Hes melting the whole Grand Magic Games stadium no problem. At the very least Luffy better be ready to feel the heat.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CurseNaruto

@nelomaxwell: I agreed with you until you called Haki some 'bull'(short for bullshit.) Hey, now. There's plenty of things Natsu pulled that is bull too. It comes with being the main character doesn't it? I mean Natsu eating Lightning, Etherion, dude surviving death magic due to a scarf. Come on, man. If that's not bull, I don't know what is. I think it's called plot armor. You've got to deal with it...

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime: We really can't argue who's hotter... Because we can't determine that. For all we know, those two may have better control over their temperature. I mean, Akainu can put out fire with his attacks. I can't determine who's hotter yet...

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: No it is bull. We're talking about something that can be accessed all the time. Natsu can't access all of his Etherion or God flame feats anymore. Haki is like an instant deus ex machina. The scarf came from Igneel so we're not sure how strong the magic is because dragons were top of the food chain for a while and they're power is thought to be impressive. All heroes have plot armor but none so convenient that it can render so many things inert.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jgames

Both franchise are full of plot device, plot stupidity and friendship, although Fairy Tail friendship BS is bigger.

As for the match,

Round 1:Luffy

Round 2: need to wait for gear 4

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. The very last episode of One piece right before Timeskip Luffy vs The very last episode of Fairy Tail right before Natsu went through his very first Timeskip. Luffy wins.

Round 2. Timeskip of both characters. Current of both. Luffy also wins, but in a very very close fight.

Explain why he would win. Keep it civil.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CurseNaruto

@nelomaxwell: Just like Ichigo with Bankai. Naruto with Kyuubi. Those are good example. Still, it's not like Luffy had a choice. If he didn't learn it, half the people he's touching now would've been a serious problem. So that was automatic. What about Natsu's timeskips? You don't call that bull? Two timeskips? Really? And the Naruto references with Natsu and Gray? Still... that scarf was some serious bull. Would've made more sense to outrun death magic.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: Igneel probably gave Natsu a Magical Scarf knowing that he would cross paths with Zeref and face his Death Magic. Igneel seemed aware that Natsu is E.N.D

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime: So Igneel can see the future now? XD. What did I tell you? Plot armor. At least when Luffy gets it, it's not as obvious. He gets his ass handed to him a lot, but at least he doesn't always win his fights like Natsu.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime: So Igneel can see the future now? XD. What did I tell you? Plot armor. At least when Luffy gets it, it's not as obvious. He gets his ass handed to him a lot, but at least he doesn't always win his fights like Natsu.

Loading Video...

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Plot Armor? The scarf is probably made out of Dragonskin which has been shown to be immune if not resistant to magic. Zeref's lost/dark magic was potent enough to turn it black.

I don't see how its PIS when we've seen Natsu don the scarf for much of his career. Not like Naruto and Sasuke who got PISpotent Spirits and Powerups. Or Luffy's PIS Gears.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: Probably? I'm guessing you're not 100% sure on that statement, so let's leave that blank.

I forgot what PIS means. Refresh my memory. I can't denial Naruto, and Sasuke random power ups on the spot. After Sage Mode, Kyuubi chakra control, and Bijuu mode. Things went crazy. Luffy's? Eh. They never shown much, except for him saying he's been working on the two gears. And now he's got a fourth gear. I can't wait to see it.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do this after gear 4

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: Probably? I'm guessing you're not 100% sure on that statement, so let's leave that blank.

I forgot what PIS means. Refresh my memory. I can't denial Naruto, and Sasuke random power ups on the spot. After Sage Mode, Kyuubi chakra control, and Bijuu mode. Things went crazy. Luffy's? Eh. They never shown much, except for him saying he's been working on the two gears. And now he's got a fourth gear. I can't wait to see it.

- Well he did say it was given to him by Igneel. He ALWAYS wear it. Only plausible explanation is that the scarf is dragon skin.

- The application of gears is erratic, like...moving organs at high speed? Growing Limbs? How does that even happen?

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity, an action made to suffice to bring an end to a certain plot. For example, Luffy was the plot device and him beating Eneru, a logia user was PIS. Luffy was turned into some kind of natural Haki, like lava was to flame, or Busoshoku Haki. In the same arc, Luffy somehow got past Eneru's Kenbunshoku Haki, via just being stupid or some PIS like that.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy both rounds

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CurseNaruto

@lowlaville: He tends to wear it, because it's the only thing of Igneel he has left. Plus it's his only gift. So he treasures it.

It is stupid, and most likely was thought up on the spot. No. Actually. Oda say he's plan everything. But yet, he's never explain how it works In detail, and how it relates to Luffy's power.(If it did, I missed it.) But my point still stands about how Natsu can eat out of his usual element.

That last one, I can't go into a clear cut explanation. But apparently, Luffy must be fast enough to keep up with lightning. Which I'll admit is PIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Luffy in round 1.

Natsu wrecks his ass in round 2.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: He tends to wear it, because it's the only thing of Igneel he has left. Plus it's his only gift. So he treasures it.

It is stupid, and most likely was thought up on the spot. No. Actually. Oda say he's plan everything. But yet, he's never explain how it works In detail, and how it relates to Luffy's power.(If it did, I missed it.) But my point still stands about how Natsu can eat out of his usual element.

That last one, I can't go into a clear cut explanation. But apparently, Luffy must be fast enough to keep up with lightning. Which I'll admit is PIS.

Well I can entertain a debate with you about Natsu eating out of his element.

• Every time Natsu has done it, he'd been depleted of magical energy.
  • In Zancrow's case, Natsu deliberately depleted his magic reserve to sustain the flames.

Fire is Energy, Flames of Rebuke - Flame. Lightning - Energy based element. Godslayer Flame - Flame. Aethereon - Energy. And if Natsu has anything to do with E.N.D...then that comes as no surprise that he was able to consume Aethereon without dying or the fact that he survived through a torrent of the same energy before Erza diverted it up into the sky.

Natsu cannot eat metal. He cannot eat air. So far all he has been able to consume are energy with the exception of his own flames.

Natsu has been shown capable of replicating what he's absorbed with the exception of Flames of Rebuke and Godslayer flames...such as Dragon Force and Lightning Fire Dragon Arts.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: Igneel probably gave Natsu a Magical Scarf knowing that he would cross paths with Zeref and face his Death Magic. Igneel seemed aware that Natsu is E.N.D

Where does it say he's E.N.D

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Zeref said it

END apparently stand for Etherious Natsu Dragneel (and Natsu is apparently Zerefs most powerful demon) all of which is unconfirmed.

As to the fight, it depends on if you count filler feats, Luffy had to fight a guy in a filler arc who could make himself hot enough to make the surrounding 100 feet of ground into lava. And that was right around Punk Hazard.

The more likely result is that Natsu falls onto a moving cart and Luffy falls into shallow sea water.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: That's a ending worth watching, seeing how the two are so similar. A comedic ending would suffice for a lot of fans.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Zeref said it

END apparently stand for Etherious Natsu Dragneel (and Natsu is apparently Zerefs most powerful demon) all of which is unconfirmed.

As to the fight, it depends on if you count filler feats, Luffy had to fight a guy in a filler arc who could make himself hot enough to make the surrounding 100 feet of ground into lava. And that was right around Punk Hazard.

The more likely result is that Natsu falls onto a moving cart and Luffy falls into shallow sea water.

Where'd this theory come from?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacthripper

@nelomaxwell: Zeref called him "Etherious Natsu Dragneel" at the end of the Tartarus Arc IIRC. Google Etherious Natsu Dragneel for the image.

https://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/zeref-on-end-etherious-natsu-dragneel.jpg

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ALMIGHTY

Luffy wins both rounds 2nd round being a stomp

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto said:

• In Zancrow's case, Natsu deliberately depleted his magic reserve to sustain the flames.

Fire is Energy, Flames of Rebuke - Flame. Lightning - Energy based element. Godslayer Flame - Flame. Aethereon - Energy. And if Natsu has anything to do with E.N.D...then that comes as no surprise that he was able to consume Aethereon without dying or the fact that he survived through a torrent of the same energy before Erza diverted it up into the sky.

Natsu cannot eat metal. He cannot eat air. So far all he has been able to consume are energy with the exception of his own flames.

Natsu has been shown capable of replicating what he's absorbed with the exception of Flames of Rebuke and Godslayer flames...such as Dragon Force and Lightning Fire Dragon Arts.

Natsu ate/drank a melted piece of Taurus' axe early in the series, if that counts.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Natsu has a shot.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By TheVivas

@jacthripper:

Zeref called him "Etherious Natsu Dragneel" at the end of the Tartarus Arc IIRC

Wasn't it at the end of the Tenroujima Arc right before Acnologia came?

@almighty:

I seriously doubt Round 2 is a stomp.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lowlaville

@strictlyanime said:

@lowlaville said:

@cursenaruto said:

Natsu ate/drank a melted piece of Taurus' axe early in the series, if that counts.

Not really. He did drink the drop of molten steel, but after absorbing all the heat from it, Natsu spit out the bit of steel from the Axe.

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jacthripper
Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we wait for more feats with both of them since Gear Fourth is a thing.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthrough545: Well, Gear Four wasn't quite what I had expected... What the hell? Adamant like body, but made of rubber. Grows muscular like a gorilla, and can pull back then fire a punch like Gear 2, with the strength of Gear 3?

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: There really isn't much Oda can do with rubber powers and I don't blame him for running out of ideas. Gear Four is basically Gear 2nd, Gear 3rd and Haki abilities combined into one form, which somehow gives him the ability to fly. I was unsure what it would be like either but this form makes sense in the long run.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthrough545: Hey, hey, hey. Easy there. I'm not saying he could have done better. I'm just saying it wasn't quite what I expected, but nonetheless, I didn't mind it. It's just weird, but still it's Luffy, so it sorta suits him. It just makes me wonder how it would fair against current Natsu.

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: Not being hostile nor did I believe that I gave off that impression if I did then I apologize,what I was stating making that many abilities for just rubber is just impressive and hard to do I was also stating I believe that Oda decided that f@ck it lets just mix Luffy's current abilities into one and that is how gear 4 was born. I don't mind it myself, and it is fitting for Luffy. Since he is faster and stronger in this form then gear 3rd or gear 2nd and can fly, he should stomp Natsu. Natsu unfortunately is still hard to define his level but he could beat Luffy before Gear 4. At least he is not Ichigo who has done basically nothing.

CurseNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CurseNaruto

@passingthrough545: Don't worry about it. I was just clarifying one thing. That's all. Nothing serious. It's just a part of my personality. I didn't want you to jump to conclusion by some miracle. Don't apologize. It's unnecessary. But yeah, at some point it makes you wonder if rather or not, he pulled a 'Kishimoto' on us. XD. Just kidding.

But on a serious note... I don't mind Gear 4. It'll take time to get used to it since it's a reminder of Nightmare Luffy. Everyone's predictions that I know of came true, and I agree with the part about Natsu losing. Still, I couldn't help but ask you, since I'm unsure of my answer here. Is it true that Natsu is 'hotter' than Akainu? Some people said he is, but I don't believe them since he's been able to destroy fire itself, and I watch Fairy Tail. I just don't see it... But I want to be sure.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unless Natsu burns him alive. I got no clue if Luffy is fireproof

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursenaruto: I am not a FT or OP expert Natsu did melt a stadium by just being there and releasing flames though its half gag feat and half fan service which cannot be taken seriously. Natsu is at most a city leveler Akainu is a island leveler, Natsu is maybe a hotter though Akainu should be able to pull off a win though because Haki. I believe Leo-343 would be a better person to ask.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Natsu burns him alive. I got no clue if Luffy is fireproof

He's durable against heat, he used fire based attack 10 000 meters under the sea.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers