I'll say Naruto
madrespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By madrespect

Blunt attacks wont affect luffy unless its coated in haki which naruto dosent have. And i doubt naruto can land a hit on him with hit kunai or shuriken. Im pretty sure we all can agree that naruto dosent have even 1/10 of luffys will power so he cant stand up to his conquers haki( maybe i over exaggerated the 1/10 but you get the idea) and unlike naruto characters, one piece characters wont just sit back and wait for you to charge up an attack, they mess you up for things like that.

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Voorhees100

Blunt attacks wont affect luffy unless its coated in haki which naruto dosent have. And i doubt naruto can land a hit on him with hit kunai or shuriken. Im pretty sure we all can agree that naruto dosent have even 1/10 of luffys will power so he cant stand up to his conquers haki( maybe i over exaggerated the 1/10 but you get the idea) and unlike naruto characters, one piece characters wont just sit back and wait for you to charge up an attack, they mess you up for things like that.

I'm sorry, but this whole post is entirely wrong.

1. Naruto doesn't just have blunt force attacks, he has many Rasengan variations that grind into an opponent, the Rasen-Shuriken attacks at a cellular level, destroying hundreds of cells simultaneously.

2. People bring up Conqueror's Haki all the time AND USE IT INCORRECTLY. It works on THE WEAK WILLED ONLY. Meaning, if you have any type of notable willpower (aka not a fodder fisherman or pirate) then it won't do jack to you, Naruto is not even gonna feel its effect.

3. Really? Really? So while Luffy is dealing with giant toad summonings, shadow clones, substitution transformations etc he's gonna also be watching for the real Naruto? And Rasengan takes no time at all to form, 3 seconds tops.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By evilvegeta74

Luffy!

AnotherVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto easy. NEXT!

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SpideyPresence

Rasengan isn't a blunt attack, Nor is Rasenshuriken, Nor is frog fu. Naruto has multiple ways of beating Luffy, not to mention he's faster in sage mode, has good regeneration, and has multiple summonings along with a genjutsu.

HelixD0mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is everyone forgetting the one hit luffy come on luffy's punches are more dangers as a rasen shrunken

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By INFINITE_DOOM

6/10 go to Naruto because of the prep and sage mode

Avatar image for cadisetramadiraizel
CadisEtramaDiRaizel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed in manga that a bath is draining. Water tech from frogs would be devastating if he couldn't use any gears.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say a draw and if they ever did a cross over you can bet top dollar they would stalemate each other.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@helixd0mega: A blunt (albeit powerful) punch is more dangerous then a technique that if hit will cut though you on a molecular level.

nmccray007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one has mentioned Fukasaku and Shima's genjustu. Once Luffy hears the Frog Call genjutsu he will be a gonner. It's really not a fair battle if Naruto can summon help and be in Sage Mode. And correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think Luffy has ever had to fight 10 formidable opponents at once. Not to mention the summoned Toads will have the terrain advantage. Throw in a couple shadow clones and a rasenshuriken and Luffy wont be in One Piece any more (pun intended). To make this a fair fight he should at least be able to use gear 2. As it stands Naruto wins 7/10. Luffy fan boys will of course disagree.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Without gears, current naruto takes this extremely handily.

BlaqSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I hope to keep this debate civil, but definitely enjoy good rebuttal. That said, I feel that Naruto's being slightly underrated. I want to try to break this battle down to more specific areas.

Speed: Naruto's incredibly fast in Sage Mode, despite some people's remarks towards it. In chapter 555, p. 13, Naruto stated that SM is "faster" and chose that over his "Rikudou mode" to deal with the Third Raikage - someone who was considered the best Raikage ever. Sensory alone would not be enough to dodge an attack from the third, as Lee once told Sasuke, just because one can see/sense something it doesn't mean squat if their body can't react. Naruto's speed in SM is even fast enough to land attacks on Kurama himself. Since OP also included Anime feats, I'll also note that the Version 2 Kyuubi clone of Naruto in the Chikara arc was formidable enough as w/ 4 tails for everyone, forcing Gai and Lee to open their gates. Even after their combined attacks, the clone was unharmed. Yet, at the end of the arc, Naruto easily damaged, dodged, and defeated that same version of his clone with SM alone. I'd say that without GS, Luffy's slower than SM Naruto. 7/10, Naruto.

Strength: Naruto's not at all as weak as many people assume. He was able to finish off the Preta Path with one blow just from his senjutsu aura. While Luffy is basically immune to physical attacks, he was still hurt by impact dials. I would assume that a Frog Kata blow or Rasengan would have a similar internal effect. I'm sure he could punch through rock as well, considering he can shatter Pain's rods. I'd still give IMPACT strength to Luffy, however. 6/10, Luffy.

Stamina: As stated earlier, Naruto's chakra is massive without Kurama. If he didn't use clones, I would say Luffy would start panting before Naruto even sweats. 8/10, Naruto.

Endurance: Gomu Gomu no Mi > non-kyuubi Naruto. 9/10, Luffy.

Sensory: Again, I would say that SM's sensory is on par with Kenbunshoku Haki in the as both SM and KH can be used as combat predictors, empathy, and detecting life. I'll call this even. 5/10, Both.

Setting: Naruto has the obvious advantage. He's from Konoha, so fighting with a bunch of trees around is to his advantage (Body Replacement). With the body of water there which is still footing for Naruto, I'd say that it's 100% in Naruto's favor. 10/10, Naruto.

Jutsu: Although compared to everyone else in the Narutoverse, Naruto has a seemingly small arsenal of jutsu, the amount of techniques is far greater than Luffy. Not to discredit any of Luffy's training or upbringing, but literally all the training/obstacles in Naruto's life have been to make him into a soldier and possibly even Hokage. I feel that Kurama notwithstanding, Luffy has the better body; however, Naruto IMO is more clever in utilizing whatever he can - bombs, blades, elements, summoning, etc. Since Naruto would know Luffy's weaknesses he'd have access to something to give him the edge... kind of like Superman (Luffy) vs. Batman (Naruto) if Batman has Kryptonite and knows how to utilize it. 6/10, Naruto.

I like One Piece better, but my final verdict: Naruto: 41/70 (58.6%)

In either case, Luffy and Naruto are both semi-flukes who have their genetics/family to thank as well as their invulnerability (rubber body/kyuubi) for surviving as long as they did in life. :D

superjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question.. Back when Luffy vs moriah, luffy ate 100 shadows which turned him into shadow luffy.. So just saying if naruto uses shadow clones would luffy be able to eat narutos shadow clones?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#71  Edited By Nerx

Luffy

KCM is naruto's only win clause against luffy

@superjelly: different mechanism yo, DF is not the same as a jutsu

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

First, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I hope to keep this debate civil, but definitely enjoy good rebuttal. That said, I feel that Naruto's being slightly underrated. I want to try to break this battle down to more specific areas.

Speed: Naruto's incredibly fast in Sage Mode, despite some people's remarks towards it. In chapter 555, p. 13, Naruto stated that SM is "faster" and chose that over his "Rikudou mode" to deal with the Third Raikage - someone who was considered the best Raikage ever. Sensory alone would not be enough to dodge an attack from the third, as Lee once told Sasuke, just because one can see/sense something it doesn't mean squat if their body can't react. Naruto's speed in SM is even fast enough to land attacks on Kurama himself. Since OP also included Anime feats, I'll also note that the Version 2 Kyuubi clone of Naruto in the Chikara arc was formidable enough as w/ 4 tails for everyone, forcing Gai and Lee to open their gates. Even after their combined attacks, the clone was unharmed. Yet, at the end of the arc, Naruto easily damaged, dodged, and defeated that same version of his clone with SM alone. I'd say that without GS, Luffy's slower than SM Naruto. 7/10, Naruto.

Strength: Naruto's not at all as weak as many people assume. He was able to finish off the Preta Path with one blow just from his senjutsu aura. While Luffy is basically immune to physical attacks, he was still hurt by impact dials. I would assume that a Frog Kata blow or Rasengan would have a similar internal effect. I'm sure he could punch through rock as well, considering he can shatter Pain's rods. I'd still give IMPACT strength to Luffy, however. 6/10, Luffy.

Stamina: As stated earlier, Naruto's chakra is massive without Kurama. If he didn't use clones, I would say Luffy would start panting before Naruto even sweats. 8/10, Naruto.

Endurance: Gomu Gomu no Mi > non-kyuubi Naruto. 9/10, Luffy.

Sensory: Again, I would say that SM's sensory is on par with Kenbunshoku Haki in the as both SM and KH can be used as combat predictors, empathy, and detecting life. I'll call this even. 5/10, Both.

Setting: Naruto has the obvious advantage. He's from Konoha, so fighting with a bunch of trees around is to his advantage (Body Replacement). With the body of water there which is still footing for Naruto, I'd say that it's 100% in Naruto's favor. 10/10, Naruto.

Jutsu: Although compared to everyone else in the Narutoverse, Naruto has a seemingly small arsenal of jutsu, the amount of techniques is far greater than Luffy. Not to discredit any of Luffy's training or upbringing, but literally all the training/obstacles in Naruto's life have been to make him into a soldier and possibly even Hokage. I feel that Kurama notwithstanding, Luffy has the better body; however, Naruto IMO is more clever in utilizing whatever he can - bombs, blades, elements, summoning, etc. Since Naruto would know Luffy's weaknesses he'd have access to something to give him the edge... kind of like Superman (Luffy) vs. Batman (Naruto) if Batman has Kryptonite and knows how to utilize it. 6/10, Naruto.

I like One Piece better, but my final verdict: Naruto: 41/70 (58.6%)

In either case, Luffy and Naruto are both semi-flukes who have their genetics/family to thank as well as their invulnerability (rubber body/kyuubi) for surviving as long as they did in life. :D

I know this is an old post...but it's actually pretty well thought out.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DeathHero61

@solesamurai: Oda himself said that devil fruit users are suspectible to all forms of water. no exceptions.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Naruto here. Sage mode offers way too advantages and improvements to Naruto's already impressive arsenal. Luffy is no doubt physically stronger (though how much is debatable) but Frog Kata and Rasenshuriken are the tie breakers in my opinion.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cooldes

@ridtom: @deathhero61: devil fruit users are susceptable to all forms of water but they must be at least knee deep and only standing water, not any flowing water so rain and waves don't affect them.

I think alot of people are forgetting that luffy is by no means is slow. Some how luffy learned soru. i don't know how but he can and soru speed is ridiculous, naruto really can't touch luffy with soru and observational haki.

shadow clones won't help with observational haki, he has spiritual awareness of everything around him and precog.

also busoshoku haki makes luffy's damage output astronomically better. it's already been agreed that he's stronger, but with this he hardens his flash to black and it's just rape at this point.

how i see it, battle starts, luffy blitz and wins in first 5 seconds. no time for even 1 handsign.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DeathHero61

@cooldes: First things first, if luffy falls in the water hes done. Second, you are forgetting that even naruto in his base form is fast, third, sage mode is physically stronger, faster and possibly equally durable to luffy. Plus the fact that sage mode has higher reflexes than luffy without haki and equal reflexes with observation haki. Busoshoku haki is the only threat mainly due to the fact that observation haki can be countered by stealth or random unpredictable movements.

you guys act like naruto in his base form has no durability, or reflexes, ninja in the naruto universe are trained and used to high speed battles and used to fighting overwhelmingly strong opponenets. So the chances are by the time the battle starts naruto will have at least a few clones around him. You are also forgetting that naruto is a genius level strategist, the best example is when pts naruto was outsmarting kiba, when naruto created a fake pattern in order to trick neji and attack from another angle and when naruto used his clones and the hole he made when fighting neji to his advantage, to land a final blow from underground. And when TS naruto fought the third raikage, he headed towards him and dodged his point blank strike on purpose in order to hit his arm and slam it into his old wound.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

As soon as naruto figures out the extent of luffy's abilities its over.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Luffy should knock him out after 2 hits... Gatling to counter kage bushing...

tiger10l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tiger10l

if you guys did research you would know that luffy can control & force animals under his command there are 1000 of creatures in one piece that are more dangerous than gigantic toads with martial arts that are terrified of luffy summoning animal help or clones wont work haki will crush them because clones aren't real & die as soon as they hit the floor so they have weak will & also luffy can control animals besides the base difference of both characters is that luffy has no real limits he is a rubber man he has been hit with atacks that would kill Naruto in 1 shot Naruto has loads of limits just look at the series & Naruto & lucci are very much alike the both depend heavily on techniques for victory & there techniques do require time to work & recharge ps luffy still has gear 1 witch still gives luffy speed advantage & luffy can now turn his skin harder than steel as well as grow stretch & did you know that luffy can chew through steel? & believe it or not this is just his base skills passive ability sorry guys luffy's is on a diff lv than naruto he is way to much for Naruto PS Naruto falls cuts his leg luffy falls & gets right up because luffy is a rubber man

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By NighThunder

Arg.......im iffy..but Naruto would win

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Cooldes

@nighthunder:

But... but... how?

Naruto literally can't touch luffy.

Luffy is Ridiculously Physically stronger.

Luffy's durability is WAY beyond Naruto as he's not only rubber and can tank/deflect bullets and other physical attacks, but without Busoshoku haki, naruto isn't getting past his devil fruit body.

Luffy even without Gears is still faster, as blueno stated that luffy can simulate Soru, and soru speed is absurd.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cooldes: Hm........if naruto had kyuubi cloak he'd win.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just reread some Naruto Part 1

Naruto got this

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Cooldes

@deathhero61: i remember why i didn't reply to this, it's beyond ridiculous..

first things first. luffy wouldn't fall into the water. HE'S A PIRATE!! he lives on the water, he sits on the front of his ship where he could easily fall in but doesn't. DF users have to be at least Half submerged into water to feel the negative effects, and even then his DF powers STILL work (as we saw in arlong park when he fell into the pool). How is naruto even getting him into the water? luffy knows his weakness and won't allow himself to be put in water. naruto SOMEHOW throws luffy over to lake thing, HE'LL JUST STRETCH HIS ARM TO SHORE AND SLINGSHOT HIM SELF TO LAND!

basically, the water is a non factor. People Please stop bringing it up. now,

Naruto is neither Faster or Stronger than Luffy.

Strength, In waters seven, luffy got stuck in between two really close buildings (because of his rubber body), so he just destroyed them both. this was luffy at base and this wasn't with difficulty or becoming exhausted. Luffy can now harden his hand/fist/foot/leg(really anything) with Busoshoku haki and Multiply his damage output greatly.

Speed, Luffy without his gears is by no means slow. Not only Did Bleuno state that he can simulate Soru, which has absurd levels of speeds, but with observational haki, He becomes spiritually aware of all things around him. this gives him precog and also cancels out any shadow clones naruto would use(he's aware on a spiritual level of other beings).

lol naruto's durability is nowhere near luffy's level. xD. but just so you know why, Luffy's body is rubber. He is able to tank/deflect Bullets and other blunt attacks. Busoshoku haki hardens the body to near inpenetrable levels. And with naruto having Busoshoku haki himself, he isn't getting past luffy's base DF body.

Lets just say Naruto has = reaction speeds with luffy. Observational Haki has nothing to do with reaction speeds, it's Actual Precog, as the bubble guy said in skypia, sometimes even before the opponent knows what their going to do. it gives you complete spiritual awareness of your surroundings and so luffy will always know where naruto is and will know what naruto will do. Narutohas no chance of touching luffy regardless of reaction speeds.

And everything you listed in your second paragraph also goes for luffy. genius level strategist, as he showed us against INVINCIBLE people like Enel and Crocodile and Arlong etc..

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: @nighthunder:

i think even with kyuubi cloak, if luffy had his gears, he could still sblitz naruto. but truthfully idek cause i'm not very far in naruto.

lol naruto part one is nowhere near even luffy part 1 xD

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand by what I said. Naruto's got this.

Sage mode naruto is around equal to gear luffy, while bijju mode is little more than what haki+gear luffy does, considering he casually tosses around or cancels out mountain busters..

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: sage mode =/= gears.

bijju mode isn't in this and neither are the gears.

People in one piece do MUCH more than bust mountains. Mihawk cut down an absurdly large iceburg. Two admirals Froze one side of an island and coated the other side in lava PERMANENTLY because of their fight. Whitebeard tipped entire islands with ease. Enel Destroyed islands easily without even being near them, or powering up, or even having to try(and Luffy sent him to the moon)

so i have to disagree with you, i think luffy wins this easily, and i have listed above in a post how luffy outclasses naruto in every stat.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes:

I know sage mode and gears are not the same. I'm just comparing the levels of the characters in different stages.

I have, in fact, read one piece and am up to date with it. (Waiting for the next chapter to come out, actually). I've seen mihawk's iceberg slash, too, but it doesn't take them too far away from what naruto characters can do. Madara, for one, can destroy one mountain and cut two with a slash of perfect susano, grow forests in moments and, as you know, drop huge meteors. Gai's morning peacock and hirudora dwarfed the turtle island itself.

Sage mode naruto is himself incredibly durable, has precog, good amount of strength (stopping the huge charging rhino summon and tossing him sky-high), one shotting pein's body, huge varity of rasengans, summons and what not. Notably, the monsters in one piece are, just that, monsters. Summons in naruto, however, are trained in battle, and most of them can use huge techniques. So luffy-ohkos-giants arguments isn't going to be much help here. For example:

Look how small bunta looks in the third pic, or him casually cancelling shukaku's wind blasts in first and second..Luffy being rubber doesn't make him more 'durable'. It makes him problematic to hit for some types of attacks, mainly blunt force and electric ones. Now, rasengan is a rotating sphere of chakra, and rs is a cellular level attack. Naruto still has many basic jutsus like replacement etc on his side.

You are underestimating naruto quite a lot. His sage mode isn't really that far off from kurama cloak.. And from what I've seen of both seris, he should be able to beat luffy quite handily.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: i disagree. i still feel as though luffy takes this quite easily with a sblitz.

if you really keep up with one piece then you'll definitely remember the things i'm going to talk about :)

naruto yes he can summon, yes he has rasengan(s) and yes he has shadow clones. but you haven't shiwn me any speed feats for naruto. You remember Water 7 right? remember in luffy's fight with bleuno when he stated that luffy somehow figured out how to simulate soru? if you truely remember Enes lobby then you know that Soru is much beyond naruto's sage mode speed, unless you can provide proof of otherwise ofcourse. until then luffy sblitz.

Being made of rubber most definitely makes him more durable, but don't take it from me,

"His rubber body is also extremely durable and virtually immune to blunt attacks such as bullets (in One Piece, bullets are still round pellets, except for Don Krieg's), punches, and electricity, more often than not, bouncing off his body harmlessly or canceling out the attack."

but lets say that his rubber body didn't make him more durable, even though body altering DFs are shown to need Busoshoku haki to effectively harm, but luffy himself has Busoshoku haki which he can use to harden any part if not his whole body to maje his durability nigh impenetrable. also about rotating spheres of the rasengan, do you forget that one piece bullets are rotating spheres? moving at a much higher velocity and are smaller and would therefore be much more likely to pierce him?

but mostly, i'd like to see some proof of naruo having precog because i've never heard this myself.

all in all, naruto needs handsigns to summon or focus his chakara w/ clones etc. for rasengan, and before that happens luffy will very easily speed blitz him. plus naruto couldn't touch luffy anyway, and if he did it would have no effect. luffy hands down for me.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes:

Strength, In waters seven, luffy got stuck in between two really close buildings (because of his rubber body), so he just destroyed them both. this was luffy at base and this wasn't with difficulty or becoming exhausted. Luffy can now harden his hand/fist/foot/leg(really anything) with Busoshoku haki and Multiply his damage output greatly

Naruto has shown this type of strength:

He has stop and thew a giant charging Rhino that completely dwarfed him in size and throw the Nine Tail so even if Luffy is stronger it isn't by that large of a margin.

No as for Damage output...well

Naruto got Damage output plus summoning who could cut or burn Luffy.

Speed, Luffy without his gears is by no means slow. Not only Did Bleuno state that he can simulate Soru, which has absurd levels of speeds, but with observational haki, He becomes spiritually aware of all things around him. this gives him precog and also cancels out any shadow clones naruto would use(he's aware on a spiritual level of other beings).

1. You're misreading Bleuno was talking about Gear 2 Luffy when he said He was copying Soru by Making Gear 2nd

^see

2. IDK why people think base Naruto is a turtle in orange, in part one luffy was doing this

Sasuke throws the scroll and Naruto run and quickly catches it, and notice how far away Naruto is from the other two, also.

Naruto was moving so fast he was making afterimages(no those were not clones)

Also You have yet to provide any reason why this cancel out Shadow clones cuz to quote Rock Lee just because you can see the attack does't stop it.

Also

Here Naruto use his reaction against an enemy who was even faster then him in His KCM.

Also you have provided NO PROOF as to why Soru is faster then Naruto anyway(Not that luffy even has it.)

So Stop with the speed bliz stuff.

it's Actual Precog, as the bubble guy said in skypia, sometimes even before the opponent knows what their going to do. it gives you complete spiritual awareness of your surroundings and so luffy will always know where naruto is and will know what naruto will do. Narutohas no chance of touching luffy regardless of reaction speeds

First off from what we've seen Bubble Guy>Luffy in terms of Haki since Luffy has outright stated that he hasn't mastered Haki yet so you can't just assume Luffy can do what the others were doing at Skypia.

lol naruto's durability is nowhere near luffy's level. xD. but just so you know why, Luffy's body is rubber. He is able to tank/deflect Bullets and other blunt attacks. Busoshoku haki hardens the body to near inpenetrable levels. And with naruto having Busoshoku haki himself, he isn't getting past luffy's base DF body

Naruto isn't some glass canon he can take a hit.

Also he has ways to bypass Luffy rubber stuff, for example just hold Shriken in his hand when he strike an also,

He can use Frog Katas

which would hit him with natural energy (also notice how it was capable to kill a pain.)

Also No 9 tails equal full Sage mode.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thatguywithheadphones: i'll get to your other points, but being aware on a spiritual level would allow luffy to know which naruto is the real naruto, thus the clones are semi-moot. and though seeing may not be equal to stopping an attack, luffy is completely able to dodge anything thrown at him.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^not sure if i uploaded that gif. correctly(i'm on my phone) but it's of luffy doing some amazing dodging using only haki.

luffy being able to use soru in base is a VERY debated subject, here is a link to a thread about it, you can think what you want, but please take into note the user "polygon" actually posts some proof as to why he believes luffy can use soru at base, while others in the thread believe he moves at the speed of soru at base but it isn't exactly soru, which would still put him at soru speeds anyway thus proving my speed point anyway, but here:

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=8463

as to haki, Since luffy trained with silvers for 2 years in Haki, he's shown us that his haki is > bubbles man. if that gif did upload correctly then you probably know that though.

and lastly, durability. Even though this is far from the truth, lets say fora second, that naruto = luffy durability. luffy has busoshoku haki which can/will increase his durability to nigh impenetrable levels. as for strength it's 5:24am where i am so i'll just agree with you for now that naruto is =or slightly < luffy, even though i don't personally agree i'm too tired to remember/find proof of strength feats.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: I guess headphone guy already posted some stuff, but I'll get back on the subject in a day or two.. a bit busy currently..

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DeathHero61
No Caption Provided
@cooldes said:

@deathhero61: i remember why i didn't reply to this, it's beyond ridiculous..

first things first. luffy wouldn't fall into the water. HE'S A PIRATE!! he lives on the water, he sits on the front of his ship where he could easily fall in but doesn't. DF users have to be at least Half submerged into water to feel the negative effects, and even then his DF powers STILL work (as we saw in arlong park when he fell into the pool). How is naruto even getting him into the water? luffy knows his weakness and won't allow himself to be put in water. naruto SOMEHOW throws luffy over to lake thing, HE'LL JUST STRETCH HIS ARM TO SHORE AND SLINGSHOT HIM SELF TO LAND!

basically, the water is a non factor. People Please stop bringing it up. now,

Naruto is neither Faster or Stronger than Luffy.

Strength, In waters seven, luffy got stuck in between two really close buildings (because of his rubber body), so he just destroyed them both. this was luffy at base and this wasn't with difficulty or becoming exhausted. Luffy can now harden his hand/fist/foot/leg(really anything) with Busoshoku haki and Multiply his damage output greatly.

lol naruto's durability is nowhere near luffy's level. xD. but just so you know why, Luffy's body is rubber. He is able to tank/deflect Bullets and other blunt attacks. Busoshoku haki hardens the body to near inpenetrable levels. And with naruto having Busoshoku haki himself, he isn't getting past luffy's base DF body.

Lets just say Naruto has = reaction speeds with luffy. Observational Haki has nothing to do with reaction speeds, it's Actual Precog, as the bubble guy said in skypia, sometimes even before the opponent knows what their going to do. it gives you complete spiritual awareness of your surroundings and so luffy will always know where naruto is and will know what naruto will do. Narutohas no chance of touching luffy regardless of reaction speeds.

And everything you listed in your second paragraph also goes for luffy. genius level strategist, as he showed us against INVINCIBLE people like Enel and Crocodile and Arlong etc..

First things first luffy does not fall in the water because hes a pirate? thats fanboy talk, water plays a factor because naruto can stand on water and properly fight in water while luffy cannot. and when he was thrown in the pool sanji had to save him dumbass, plus if the kyuubi were to get in this it would be worse(i'm just saying im not really including it) im gonna go into the speed/power factors of the kyuubi, with each form naruto gets faster and stronger, and the first and second form are easily soru level physical strength and speed, the recent video i posted that had to do with naruto's strategist intellect, naruto vs neji is a good example. in one through 3 tails he can created shock waves with a simple wave of a hand in four tails he can basically nuke the crap out of the battlefield, and in five and 6 tails he has such massive durability it makes luffy's look tame. And finally kyuubi controlled chakara mode and biiju mode, KCCM was shown to be faster or equal to gear second, biiju mode is easily light speed movements, and has massive durability and physical strength knocking back 5-6 biiju bomb mountain busters easily in a few seconds, he got to one side of the battle to another in a few seconds in order to save kakashi from losing to obito. And kyuubi summoning and regular summoning jutsu end this battle in such a horrible stomp its not funny.

You also have to take consideration that naruto is smarter than luffy, so even if certain things don't play a factor at first he finds a way to make it play a factor in the first place, naruto vs neji is a good example, his shadow clones were useless since neji could easily take them out in close combat, but he created a fake fighting pattern to trick neji in order to hit his blind spot.

Sage mode basically ends the battle in a horrible stomp. i'll explain durabilty feats later.

Even if luffy is physically stronger and faster, naruto characters are trained and used to high speed battles and are used to fighting people who have a physical or non-physical advantage.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By thelocust619

What? Luffy cannot beat naruto in his life, and I hate naruto. Naruto is far stronger in sage mode, far faster and yes Ik how fluffy can move...ur putting a street leveler vs a multi-building leveler with the wind shurican. This attacks at a cellular level meaning rubber won't block it. Plus clones and the ability to stick to any surface? Just humor me, how dies fluffy not die? Wind rasen's like a tactical missile made of hate and wind lasers.

Naruto took out 5 pains without kurama, Luffy can't, I'm sorry. Rubber does nothing to protect from rasengan, Luffy is fast but everyone in naruto is too, add in clones and come on. Luffy has a great will to be king of pirates, so I guess naruto has no will or dreams of being homage, right? This must be a joke. I'm sorry, one piece is a touching, inspiring story but its characters are so fanwanked its insane. Luffy cannot beat sage naruto or even last a whole episode. Cell-killing explosions of death work on him, there's no reason it can't. I'd even hate to bring this up but naruto is smarter and a far better trained fighter. No contest. Naruto has hit incredibly evasive opponents with ease and has ninja skills that go beyond just hopping around like a super ball and stretching his arm....and physically, that's a dumb way to attack. Can we address that? Luffy's arm, being rubber, is constantly pulling back and providing resistance when stretched forward to attack. I'm not saying this has to be acknowledged cuz the manga doesn't, but realistically that's a mind numbingly retarted way to fight. No. Just no.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And then u guys compare freak in musket bullets to rasengan? Saying its faster? Than an always-moving, counter spinning ball of energy? Its spinning in two different directions incredibly rapidly, I'm sure even a regular one would tie Luffy in a knot lol. He's stronger because he broke two buildings? How. Ever. Will. Naruto. Beat. That. Bahahaha he just legit stopped a massive rhino way more dense than any building, and it was moving towards him. With his hand. This must be a joke. It has to be. You guys aren't taking this seriously, right? Of the top 3 manga (bleach, naruto, and one piece), one piece is the weakest. Period.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

naruto 8/10

Luffy 5/10

but still sideing puffy for the win.