• 179 results
#1 Edited by sharingan_eyes (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules:

-Morals OFF

-Both characters get 30 minutes prep, including full knowledge of their opponent and their abilities

-Luffy can NOT use Gear Second or Gear Third, however, his Haki is still in affect

-Naruto can NOT use Kurama's chakra in any way, however, he starts off in Sage Mode, and can use all ,Summonings and any other attacks he has, as well as standard ninja weapons

-Both anime and manga feats are acceptable.

-Fight takes place in the forest below

- Naruto starts at the orange X

-Luffy starts at the black X

-Current versions of both characters

-Haki/ Chakra Equivocation is on, meaning genjutsu/Haki will work on the opposing fighter.

win by k.o, incapacitation or death

who wins??

vs
#2 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

If Naruto manages to get Luffy in the water then he should win, other than that he has no way of hurting him.

#3 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

If Naruto manages to get Luffy in the water then he should win, other than that he has no way of hurting him.

It's only sea water that effects Devil fruit users, that isn't sea water.

#4 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy stomps with his bigg rubbber foot

#5 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7536 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy wins in a solid majority.

#6 Posted by monarch_prime (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy without much effort.

#7 Posted by RIKR2 (10943 posts) - - Show Bio

Monkey D. Luffy FTW

#8 Posted by Voorhees100 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto wins for the fact that he has a ton of distraction techniques. 

As seen with his fight with Pein, he can summon three shadow clones that are also in Sage Mode, these clones are strong enough to destroy boulders and toss giant animals like pebbles, I know, Luffy is just as strong, but off the bat he has to face three people at least on par with his strength. 

Naruto can also summon a multitude of toads, including Gamabunta who alone is the size of a skyscraper, and can fire powerful water blasts, Naruto can summon in wards of 1000 regular shadow clones as well to distract Luffy,Not to mention all of Naruto's regular ninja stuff like smoke bombs, transformation jutsu to confuse Luffy,  while all this is going on, Naruto charges up a Rasenshuriken and boom, game over.  Also without Gear Second, Luffy's speed is drastically limited, meaning they will at least be on par with one another, and without Gear Third, he can't make his limbs giant, which cuts back his strength, as well as taking away some of his most powerful attacks like Elephant Gatling. 

It will still be a tough battle, but I give it to Naruto 6/10

#9 Posted by indifferentmrh (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voorhees100 said:

Naruto wins for the fact that he has a ton of distraction techniques. As seen with his fight with Pein, he can summon three shadow clones that are also in Sage Mode, these clones are strong enough to destroy boulders and toss giant animals like pebbles, I know, Luffy is just as strong, but off the bat he has to face three people at least on par with his strength. Naruto can also summon a multitude of toads, including Gamabunta who alone is the size of a skyscraper, and can fire powerful water blasts, Naruto can summon in wards of 1000 regular shadow clones as well to distract Luffy,Not to mention all of Naruto's regular ninja stuff like smoke bombs, transformation jutsu to confuse Luffy, while all this is going on, Naruto charges up a Rasenshuriken and boom, game over. Also without Gear Second, Luffy's speed is drastically limited, meaning they will at least be on par with one another, and without Gear Third, he can't make his limbs giant, which cuts back his strength, as well as taking away some of his most powerful attacks like Elephant Gatling. It will still be a tough battle, but I give it to Naruto 6/10

agreed

#10 Edited by D3athstroke (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy with morals off shuts down Narutos brain and eats him

#11 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#12 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL under these conditions Naruto tears Luffy a new one.

#13 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

Or... Naruto summons Gamabunta to eat luffy.

#14 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy is pretty durable (as far as being hurt, that is), and I don't believe much of any of Naruto's attacks could even phase him.

#15 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering, did anyone here even read the OP? OP specifies that Luffy can't use either gear 2nd or 3rd, and I can't believe that base mode Luffy is faster than Sage Mode Naruto. Moreover, most people here are claiming that Naruto doesn't have any techniques that could get past Luffy's durability. Have people here forgotten that Naruto's Rasenshuriken destroys organic matter on a molecular level? If Luffy gets hit with one of those he's going to take a considerable amount of damage. Period. This, combined with the fact that Naruto has a multitude of distraction techniques almost guarantees that Luffy will be hit at some point. The only real question is whether or not Naruto can beat Luffy in the 15 minute time limit. From what I remember Naruto can only stay in Sage mode for 5 minutes and he can create 2 shadow clones to absorb natural energy, which makes for 15 minutes. I think he probably can.

#16 Posted by Mortein (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@TitanTempest said:

@D3athstroke said:

Or... Naruto summons Gamabunta to eat luffy.

or Luffy eats them both?

#17 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai:

I guess this makes it even harder on Naruto then lol.

#18 Posted by xlab3000 (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto should win this fight

#19 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai:

No, it's all types of water: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit. From the wiki:

With this new power comes a weakness: the sea rejects the new Devil Fruit user and they become helpless while submerged in water (or "becomes a hammer," in Japanese parlance). Oda stated in SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater.
#20 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@solesamurai: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit

With this new power comes a weakness: the sea rejects the new Devil Fruit user and they become helpless while submerged in water (or "becomes a hammer," in Japanese parlance). Oda stated in SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater.

No, it's all types of water.

That's what he said.

#21 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: There's some confusion. What I quoted is from the wikia; I didn't quote him. The person I was responding to claimed that only seawater affects devil fruit users.

#22 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@GrandSymbiote94: There's some confusion. What I quoted is from the wikia; I didn't quote him. The person I was responding to claimed that only seawater affects devil fruit users.

Ahh I see. My bad.

#23 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@solesamurai:

No, it's all types of water: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit. From the wiki:

Doesn't make sense, they wouldn't be able to take baths, drink water, touch Ice, snow. In all instances of devil fruit users being weakened by water it has been sea water or through the use of a Sea Prism Stone fact. That is a wikia and therefor is completely debunkable in my book, until shown actual scans and 100% provable confirmation by Oda(in other words don't give some B.S link to a wikia that anyone can edit and put whatever they want on there, Sea water is the only type of water that they can be weakened by, as has been confirmed by actual showings in the manga.

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai:

Doesn't make sense, they wouldn't be able to take baths, drink water, touch Ice, snow. In all instances of devil fruit users being weakened by water it has been sea water or through the use of a Sea Prism Stone fact. That is a wikia and therefor is completely debunkable in my book, until shown actual scans and 100% provable confirmation by Oda(in other words don't give some B.S link to a wikia that anyone can edit and put whatever they want on there, Sea water is the only type of water that they can be weakened by, as has been confirmed by actual showings in the manga.

Have you ever even read One Piece? You seem to not even have a basic understanding of the weakness of DF users. The only time you're in trouble of drowning is if more than half your body is submerged in water. This is what Oda said:

He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does.

Therefore, DF users can take showers, touch water, touch ice, touch snow, etc. Moreover, did you even read what I quoted? I can see why some people would be reluctant to accept a Wiki as a reliable source, but Oda himself said this in a column he wrote that accompanies the manga. The column is known as SBS: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS. And here's a link to the question that Oda answered and his response: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_41. Here's what Oda wrote:

D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother
O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!

Mangaka's word >>>>> everything else. So, you sir, FAIL.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (13691 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

lol

#27 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy wins.

#28 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Still gonna say Luffy

#29 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmm probably naruto 6/10 but out of curiousity why deprive luffy of his gears? i can understand the kyubbi being excluded but not luffy's powers that seems a bit unfair

#30 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@solesamurai:

Have you ever even read One Piece? You seem to not even have a basic understanding of the weakness of DF users. The only time you're in trouble of drowning is if more than half your body is submerged in water. This is what Oda said:

He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does.

Therefore, DF users can take showers, touch water, touch ice, touch snow, etc. Moreover, did you even read what I quoted? I can see why some people would be reluctant to accept a Wiki as a reliable source, but Oda himself said this in a column he wrote that accompanies the manga. The column is known as SBS: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS. And here's a link to the question that Oda answered and his response: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_41. Here's what Oda wrote:

D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother
O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!

Mangaka's word >>>>> everything else. So, you sir, FAIL.

Have you ever read one piece? Because i never once have seen any DF user weakened from Bathing, or Showering. I havce also seen that every single time they have it has been due to being submerged in sea water. You're a fucking moron who uses wiki's to prove a point and can't even provide links to the actual interview, nope just keep quoting wiki's hoping someone believes despite well known fact people can edit them. Not mention you even said in your fucking post, MOVING WATER( SEA WATER OR RIVER WATER)Is what weakens, them, and standing water is ok, yet you seem to want to convince me that ALL water is their weakness? Just stfu obvious retard is obvious.

#31 Posted by crazyguy47 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto, he's pretty much Buddha at his current level. Luffy couldn't even touch him in kyubi mode.

#32 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai:

Have you ever read one piece? Because i never once have seen any DF user weakened from Bathing, or Showering. I havce also seen that every single time they have it has been due to being submerged in sea water. You're a fucking moron who uses wiki's to prove a point and can't even provide links to the actual interview, nope just keep quoting wiki's hoping someone believes despite well known fact people can edit them. Not mention you even said in your fucking post, MOVING WATER( SEA WATER OR RIVER WATER)Is what weakens, them, and standing water is ok, yet you seem to want to convince me that ALL water is their weakness? Just stfu obvious retard is obvious.

I'll just assume you're illiterate, or at the very least you lack basic reading comprehension skills. I never claimed that DF users were weakened by taking baths. I claimed the exact opposite. I also said that DF users are only susceptible to drowning when more than half their body is submersed in water. And it's the exact opposite, standing water like ponds, lakes, rivers, and the sea is the type of water that harms DF users.

By the way here's a link for you: http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/41. What is that sound I hear? Oh yeah, it's the sound of your FAILURE. LOL!

#33 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@solesamurai:

I'll just assume you're illiterate, or at the very least you lack basic reading comprehension skills. I never claimed that DF users were weakened by taking baths. I claimed the exact opposite. I also said that DF users are only susceptible to drowning when more than half their body is submersed in water. And it's the exact opposite, standing water like ponds, lakes, rivers, and the sea is the type of water that harms DF users.

By the way here's a link for you: http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/41. What is that sound I hear? Oh yeah, it's the sound of your FAILURE. LOL!

I'm going to assume you have no idea what the word submerged means, because taking a bath is exactly that. I'm also going to assume you've never actually read OP and just went onto the wiki looking for reasons for Naruto to win. That is not the sound of my failure it's the sound of you actually providing proof to something you say, not that it matters since Naruto wouldn't get Luffy into the water anyway, but w/e. Keep being an asshole, people loves assholes.

#34 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol what. This is outrageous. Luffy without gear second or third beating Naruto with sage mode and all his techniques. What? No.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Wrong

@SpeedForceSpider said:

LOL under these conditions Naruto tears Luffy a new one.

QFT

#35 Posted by logy5000 (5785 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy

#36 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

>People acting like Luffy without gears is weak

#37 Posted by The Stegman (24449 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone above says ^^ Luffy without gears is by no definition weak, and this fight can go either way, especially with observation haki in effect, Naruto has to play this really smart (which the prep time will help in) in order to beat him, but it's possible.

#38 Posted by Dextersinister (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: It simply means they cannot swim so a large body of water such as a lake or river would spell there doom. They don't get knocked out or anything in a bathtub.

#39 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy wins easily! OP says Naruto has none of Kuramas chakara. So he won't be able to do much considering he only can spam all his jutsus because he has the Nine Tails chakara to back him up.

/thread

#40 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: @The Stegman: never said he was weak without gears its just that

1] ithink its unfair for him to be unable to use them because unlike kurama who is a sentinent being supplyin naruto with assistance, gears are luffy's techniques a

and

2] without them i could see naruto wining the majority due to sage mode

#41 Edited by The Stegman (24449 posts) - - Show Bio
@morgrim: Not getting into this debate with you again (assuming you're the same morgrim from the other thread, if not my apologies) regardless of whether you think it's ''fair'' or not the Gears are not in use, if they were this would be a stomp in Luffy's favor, at least the way it is, it's a fair battle, seeing as Sage Mode Naruto, more or less, is at the same speed and strength as Luffy, heck, Luffy is still stronger than Sage Naruto seeing as how he destroys buildings without too much effort.
#42 Posted by The Stegman (24449 posts) - - Show Bio
@PlasticBag:  

Luffy wins easily! OP says Naruto has none of Kuramas chakara. So he won't be able to do much considering he only can spam all his jutsus because he has the Nine Tails chakara to back him up.

/thread

Naruto doesn't need Kurama for most of his jutsu, Kakashi stated that Naruto has a very large chakra supply on his own, in Sage Mode he can summon many toads without Kurama's help, as well as augment his strength and speed, and use a wide array of jutsu  
check out this vid up to 3:41 

#43 Edited by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@PlasticBag: He may not have access to Kurama's chakra but he still has a vast amount of his own during his training to learn his second element he sped it up by making 1000 clones of himself from his chakra alone while each of those clones tried to make the leaf split with air.

I see it going either way.

#44 Posted by krspaceT (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

One word: Rasenshurikan

#45 Posted by renobjc (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm Luffy. Luffy can easily take multiple Rasengans to the body purely because he's so used to taking a beating. Also, his punches are probably stronger than Rasengans considering they can send grown men flying kilometres away and the rate of his punches is higher than Naruto's Rasengans. Honestly, I don't even see Naruto hitting Luffy while Haki is up. Naruto could get a lucky hit and send Luffy flying into the water in which case, Naruto might win. I say might because Luffy is made of rubber so he can stretch himself to the bottom of the lake and just walk out but I don't know if Luffy would be smart enough to figure this out. Luffy takes 7/10

#46 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17465 posts) - - Show Bio

I think luffy should be allowed to use his second gear, he will need it to counter sage mode's speed. Even if he is given that, I would give naruto 7/10.. far too versatile..

#47 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy

#48 Posted by Shikarenji (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

base luffy was fast enough to dodge 3 pacifista blast and remarked as to how slow they were . Luffy ftw

#49 Posted by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy takes this.

#50 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably naruto.