who wins

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Lucifer. The most powerful of the Endless already admitted she holds no power over him.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By daak1212

Lucifer
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

Desire got the best of Lucifer long ago, as far as I'm concerned.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" Desire got the best of Lucifer long ago, as far as I'm concerned. "
You speak about Lucifer's life as a whole, or of an encounter between the two that I am unaware of? Because there is no meeting between the two that I can recall.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Korg
@Morpheus_: His existence as a whole.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daak1212

Also The Endless are Universal powers and Lucifer is multiversal
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

Wasn't there a point made that as powerful as he was, Lucifer couldn't beat Destiny or something?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" @Morpheus_: His existence as a whole. "
Understandable, then.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" Wasn't there a point made that as powerful as he was, Lucifer couldn't beat Destiny or something? "

He burnt off a few pages from Destiny's book, in an encounter they had. That was actually meant to happen as it warned Lucifer of Fenris's existence. Free will versus destiny is one of the main themes in Lucife, anyway. And while Lucifer may be unable to "beat" Destiny as a representation of inevitability, he can very well beat the personification of Destiny, regardless of the fact that Destiny will get resurrected afterwards. At least until life exists.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212
@Korg said:
"Desire got the best of Lucifer long ago, as far as I'm concerned. "

@AtPhantom said:
"Wasn't there a point made that as powerful as he was, Lucifer couldn't beat Destiny or something? "

Well if we look at it like that then there wouldnt be a chance in hell for Lucifer than?
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@AtPhantom:  
@Korg:  

I don't think we should identity the Endless with the concepts that they are the manifestations of. If the Endless vanished from existence, all of their respective concepts would still exist.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg
@CosmicSpiral said:

"I don't think we should identity the Endless with the concepts that they are the manifestations of."

Then there is little point in pitching them into any battle, as they seldom if ever engage in such.

@CosmicSpiral said:

"If the Endless vanished from existence, all of their respective concepts would still exist. "

If the Endless vanished from existence, they would be replaced.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daak1212

@Korg said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:
"I don't think we should identity the Endless with the concepts that they are the manifestations of."
Then there is little point in pitching them into any battle, as they seldom if ever engage in such.

@CosmicSpiral said:
"If the Endless vanished from existence, all of their respective concepts would still exist. "
No, if the Endless vanished from existence, they would be replaced. "

I think he means that there would still be dreams but someone else is the new embodiment.  In the first issue they said the universe was slowly trying to replace dream and in the end Daniel Hall was the new Dream
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
What Spiral meant is, while the Endless are personifications of an action, the action they represent is not bound to them. Which is the reason why, when Destruction abandonded his position, destruction, as an act, endured. They are there, but when someone succumbs to the act they represent, it's not always of their doing.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
@daak1212 said:

"I think he means that there would still be dreams but someone else is the new embodiment.  In the first issue they said the universe was slowly trying to replace dream and in the end Daniel Hall was the new Dream "

That is what I said. Morpheus was replaced by Daniel. Should any of the others cease to be, they would be similarly reincarnated. It is stated as having already having happened to Despair before Morpheus.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @AtPhantom:  
@Korg:   I don't think we should identity the Endless with the concepts that they are the manifestations of. If the Endless vanished from existence, all of their respective concepts would still exist. "
I'm well aware of that. I was referring to the actual character.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
@Morpheus_ said:
" What Spiral meant is, while the Endless are personifications of an action, the action they represent is not bound to them. Which is the reason why, when Destruction abandonded his position, destruction, as an act, endured. They are there, but when someone succumbs to the act they represent, it's not always of their doing. "
Destruction didn't vanish from existence. I realize that not every single act is attributed to the form of the corresponding member of the Endless, but neither do they battle with beings like Lucifer. The closest we have is Morpheus having conflicts with various demons and other gods, which even then are not battles in the strictest sense.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Morpheus_ said:
" Lucifer. The most powerful of the Endless already admitted she holds no power over him. "

No Caption Provided
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Okay, let's not argue about it. I just wanted to point that although Lucifer has a destiny and desires, this has no correlation to a fight between him and Destiny/Desire. All beings in creation, even the Presence, have some concept that the Endless represent. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" What Spiral meant is, while the Endless are personifications of an action, the action they represent is not bound to them. Which is the reason why, when Destruction abandonded his position, destruction, as an act, endured. They are there, but when someone succumbs to the act they represent, it's not always of their doing. "
Destruction didn't vanish from existence. I realize that not every single act is attributed to the form of the corresponding member of the Endless, but neither do they battle with beings like Lucifer. The closest we have is Morpheus having conflicts with various demons and other gods, which even then are not battles in the strictest sense. "
I believe he used the term "vanish" in a loose sense. Not literally vanish/get destroyed, in which case we know what would happen.

I agree that we have rarely seen the Endless engage in combat, in the traditional sense of the word. Dream challenged Desire during the conclusion to Doll's House by grabbing her by the hair, but she quickly admitted he was superior and he let her go, after warning her not to intervene to his affairs again. Very small sequence, but the closest I can think of with two Endless fighting each other. There are other instances involving Dream and the Corinthian, Squatterbloat, the Furies, and Doctor Destiny, but they were circumstancial, for the most part.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Korg

Ok, speaking in terms of characters: Desire only engages in conflicts by proxy. He/She wouldn't ever try to attack Lucifer directly. That's not really the way the Endless operate. Similarly, Destiny has no interest in engaging in any conflict whatsoever, as he already knows the outcome and the repercussions. Destruction would obviously want nothing to do with it, Dream can't beat him outright, Death has no claim on him, and I doubt Despair or Delirium would be able to phase him. Lucifer could probably destroy their physical forms, so I guess I'd lean towards him in this battle.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" Ok, speaking in terms of characters: Desire only engages in conflicts by proxy. He/She wouldn't ever try to attack Lucifer directly. That's not really the way the Endless operate. Similarly, Destiny has no interest in engaging in any conflict whatsoever, as he already knows the outcome and the repercussions. Destruction would obviously want nothing to do with it, Dream can't beat him outright, Death has no claim on him, and I doubt Despair or Delirium would be able to phase him. Lucifer could probably destroy their physical forms, so I guess I'd lean towards him in this battle. "
Sounds good.
Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@Korg said:
You're talking about Dream.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @Korg said:
You're talking about Dream. "
He was talking about Lucifer's life, in general.
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@Morpheus_ said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said:
" @Korg said:
He was talking about Lucifer's life, in general. "
But they have never met before on panel. Lucifer was shown to be above and beyond the members of the Endless as Death (probably the most powerful member of the Endless) had no power over him. I don't see how this would be any different in Desire's case.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Korg said:
But they have never met before on panel. Lucifer was shown to be above and beyond the members of the Endless as Death (probably the most powerful member of the Endless) had no power over him. I don't see how this would be any different in Desire's case. "
He meant that Lucifer gave into temptations (desires) throughout his life, not that Desire herself got the better of him straightforwardly. They haven't even been on panel together, and as far as I know, Morpheus's funeral was the only time they've been in the same vicinity.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" You're talking about Dream. "
No, I'm not. I'm speaking of Lucifer's desires, and how they consumed him throughout his existence.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By "Colossus"
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Korg said:
But they have never met before on panel. Lucifer was shown to be above and beyond the members of the Endless as Death (probably the most powerful member of the Endless) had no power over him. I don't see how this would be any different in Desire's case. "
He meant that Lucifer gave into temptations (desires) throughout his life, not that Desire herself got the better of him straightforwardly. They haven't even been on panel together, and as far as I know, Morpheus's funeral was the only time they've been in the same vicinity. "
that would be desire herself though, unless the endless are not actually the embodiment of there names..
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@"Colossus" said:

"that would be desire herself though, unless the endless are not actually the embodiment of there names.. "

@Morpheus_ said:

" while the Endless are personifications of an action, the action they represent is not bound to them. Which is the reason why, when Destruction abandonded his position, destruction, as an act, endured. They are there, but when someone succumbs to the act they represent, it's not always of their doing. "

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Korg
@"Colossus" said:
" that would be desire herself though, unless the endless are not actually the embodiment of there names.. "
They are the embodiments of their names, however not every individual act can be directly attributed to the influence of one of the Endless as a character.
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Korg said:
He meant that Lucifer gave into temptations (desires) throughout his life, not that Desire herself got the better of him straightforwardly. They haven't even been on panel together, and as far as I know, Morpheus's funeral was the only time they've been in the same vicinity. "
I got that, but like I said Death had no power over him meaning that she couldn't take his soul or whatever she does with the dying/dead characters. So, I don't see how this would be any different in Desire's case. She shouldn't have any power over him or his desires just like Death (who is more powerful) didn't imo.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By "Colossus"
@Morpheus_ said:
" @"Colossus" said:

"that would be desire herself though, unless the endless are not actually the embodiment of there names.. "

@Morpheus_ said:

" while the Endless are personifications of an action, the action they represent is not bound to them. Which is the reason why, when Destruction abandonded his position, destruction, as an act, endured. They are there, but when someone succumbs to the act they represent, it's not always of their doing. "

"
oh, i thought they were like the marvel abstracts.
like when beyonder killed death. no one in the universe was able to die etc
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" I got that, but like I said Death had no power over him meaning that she couldn't take his soul or whatever she does with the dying/dead characters. Lucifer has had temptations before for sure, but I don't see how this would be any different in Desire's case. She shouldn't have any power over him or his desires just like Death (who is more powerful) didn't imo. "
Korg already said Lucifer would win the fight. I perceive his original statement as an observation.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Korg
@RiseofApocalypse: Lucifer's desires had complete power over him. More so than Yahweh. That is why I said Desire got the best of him long ago in my original post.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@"Colossus" said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @"Colossus" said:

@Morpheus_ said:

"
oh, i thought they were like the marvel abstracts. like when beyonder killed death. no one in the universe was able to die etc "
Even if one of the Endless is somehow killed, another point of view of his/herself replaces them shortly. It has happened twice thus far. As long as there is life, the Endless will always be there, one way, or the other.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
Lucifer of the Vertigo stream should be able to beat the personifications of The Endless... on the other hand... Lucifer of the Bible would more than likely lose to The Endless as a whole... since technically his power is nothing like that of the Lucifer Morningstar character... 
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By "Colossus"
@King Saturn said:

since technically his power is nothing like that of the Lucifer Morningstar character...  "

how would you know that?
DC earth humans know nothing of most of lucifers feats
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn
@"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
 since technically his power is nothing like that of the Lucifer Morningstar character...  "
how would you know that? DC earth humans no nothing of most of lucifers feats "
have you read the Bible ? Lucifer in the Bible is not really a Reality Warping Powerhouse... his power for the most part is Planetary level... and its based strickly on what God allots him to do... whereas Lucifer Morningstar has a lot more liberty and feats backing what he can do... 
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By "Colossus"
@King Saturn said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
have you read the Bible ? Lucifer in the Bible is not really a Reality Warping Powerhouse... his power for the most part is Planetary level... and its based strickly on what God allots him to do... whereas Lucifer Morningstar has a lot more liberty and feats backing what he can do...  "
theres a bible in DC earth and its really the samething.
also the bible was written LONG ago were people couldnt even describe some of the stuff they have seen
how do you think a cave man would describe seeing someone warp reality?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn
@"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
have you read the Bible ? Lucifer in the Bible is not really a Reality Warping Powerhouse... his power for the most part is Planetary level... and its based strickly on what God allots him to do... whereas Lucifer Morningstar has a lot more liberty and feats backing what he can do...  "
theres a bible in DC earth and its really the samething. also the bible was written LONG ago were people couldnt even describe some of the stuff they have seen how do you think a cave man would describe seeing someone warp reality? "
so you think Cave Men wrote the whole Bible ??? yeah it was a lot of Bronze Age thinking in there... but it wasnt really Cave Men who wrote the Bible... and as far as I recall... I dont ever remembering hearing in any Biblical Texts that Lucifer was party responsible for Creating the Universe we live in... as it was Lucifer and Michael who creating the DC Multiverse... Lucifer in the Bible was created by The Almighty as was the Universe... thats just for starters... 
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Lucifer wins, the only one I know that Lucifer didn't really like was Destiny, because he had somes ort of power over him.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By "Colossus"
@King Saturn said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @King Saturn said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
theres a bible in DC earth and its really the samething. also the bible was written LONG ago were people couldnt even describe some of the stuff they have seen how do you think a cave man would describe seeing someone warp reality? "
so you think Cave Men wrote the whole Bible ??? yeah it was a lot of Bronze Age thinking in there... but it wasnt really Cave Men who wrote the Bible... and as far as I recall... I dont ever remembering hearing in any Biblical Texts that Lucifer was party responsible for Creating the Universe we live in... as it was Lucifer and Michael who creating the DC Multiverse... Lucifer in the Bible was created by The Almighty as was the Universe... thats just for starters...  "
not cave men but you know what i mean, if people of today were the ones to have wrote the bible it would of been much more clear
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn
@"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @King Saturn said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
so you think Cave Men wrote the whole Bible ??? yeah it was a lot of Bronze Age thinking in there... but it wasnt really Cave Men who wrote the Bible... and as far as I recall... I dont ever remembering hearing in any Biblical Texts that Lucifer was party responsible for Creating the Universe we live in... as it was Lucifer and Michael who creating the DC Multiverse... Lucifer in the Bible was created by The Almighty as was the Universe... thats just for starters...  "
not cave men but you know what i mean, if people of today were the ones to have wrote the bible it would of been much more clear "
I dont know about this... but even so... Lucifer thats presented in the Bible is not really on par with the Lucifer of the Vertigo line... Lucifer in the Bible is basically a Planetary Threat... whereas Lucifer Morningstar is more of a Universal/ Multiversal Threat since he created one... 
AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer or stalemate

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

probably stalemate

BlacHimdall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Presence(Primal Monitor?) is the be all end all and Lucifer and Michael were created afterwards, Death did not exist. So if Lucifer has a beginning but is immortal(cannot be destroyed). Death(Endless or Marvel doesn't matter) can't touch Lucifer.

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blachimdall: The Presence is not The Primal Monitor, and it is true Death has no claim over Lucifer and same can be said about Michael before he gave his Demiurgos to Elaine Belloc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be careful with the usage of the Term Monitor. Because Authors are dumb and didnt clarify well enough for general readers to get it.

Monitor Mind is the Over Void, the white space. Whether you want to believe it is the true form of the Presence, or just another neutral corner stone of all possibility, the actual origin of all things, is up to you as a reader I suppose.

Monitors in COIE should be known as such, just normal Monitors. There was Monitor Prime (positive) and Anti Monitor. We then found out recently there was a 3rd named The Forger. These three ran amok and caused problems.

Over Monitor actually didn't make them. They were born of nothing, they just came to be. Over Monitor saw them and the orrery of worlds and made higher Science Monitors to monitor everything else. (Dax Novu/Mandrakk, Zillo Valla, Rox Ogama, Nix Uotan etc)

Too many say Primal Monitor (Monitor Mind) and think they mean Monitor Prime, or the Positive monitor from Crisis on Infinite Earths and the newer Dark Knight Metal series. They are infinite leagues apart.

Having said that, Lucifer will defeat all of them except Destiny of the Endless. However, if lets say the Presence says sure, you two go ahead and fight and be free of the Plan in Destiny's Book, then Lucifer will wreck that without much of a problem based on feats.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't Lucifer state that Death is inevitable?

OT: All of the Endless win.