• 94 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio

This may be a curbstomp, I have no idea, but I was genuinely curious over this. Which one do you think would win in a fight, with whatever exactly the rules are on the Vine for someone to win...

#2 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Bang, bang Lucifer's dead.

#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Knowsbleed33 said:
"Bang, bang Lucifer's dead."

Yeah, What he said.
#4 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio

So...none of his powers would help him in this?

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Lucifer Morningstar said:
"So...none of his powers would help him in this?
"

nope...

SoK already killed The Devil and God in the Vertigo universe...

this is just another to add to his list

M
#6 Edited by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers and abilities

The Saint of Killers possessed a variety of powers.

  • He is completely impervious to harm to an extent rarely seen even in comics — bullets bounced off him, a direct hit from a tank didn't affect him, being underneath a collapsing mountain simply meant he had to dig himself out, and being hit in the chest with a nuclear missile caused no damage to him or his clothes. He also felt no pain and shrugged off the whole affair with the words, "Not enough gun." He is also apparently immovable unless he wishes to be moved: At one point an M-1 Abrams tank moving at speed rammed him, and he stopped it with a kick.
  • He was an expert marksman, even before being made a saint. Now, however, he is able to draw his guns faster than a man can see.
  • His hatred appears to be his greatest power. His hatred was cold enough to temporarily extinguish the fires of Hell and has been the driving force of his existence ever since.
  • He has perfect aim — even when men were hanging off his arms the Saint could shoot true and find his mark.
  • The Saint has demonstrated a degree of super strength. When hit by Cassidy in a speeding truck the saint did not budge and the truck was flipped. When Jesse Custer tried to put his hand on the Saint's shoulder the Saint of Killers flung him several feet like a rag doll.
  • He apparently has the power to enter and leave Heaven at will. It is not known if he could similarly travel to Hell. He also threatened to "Kill his way across half Creation", implying other travel abilities. On the other hand, he had to commandeer a ship to travel from America to France.

 Weapons

The Saint of Killers possesses a pair of Walker Colt revolvers, which were made from the Angel of Death's sword. Because of this, the guns are of divine nature:

  • They possess unlimited ammunition, and never need to be reloaded.
  • They never jam.
  • Any shot fired from these guns will always hit their mark, even piercing modern tank armor to reach the intended target.
  • Any wound inflicted is always fatal regardless of circumstance or nature of the victim. Even angels and demons weren't immune to the power of the Saint's guns. Neither God nor the Devil were able to survive against them once the Saint has killed them both. However, the vampire Cassidy "survived" being shot presumably because as a vampire he was technically already dead.

Well, What the others already said, looks like Lux Ferre dies
#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

But that comes from Wiki :P

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"

Powers and abilities

The Saint of Killers possessed a variety of powers.

  • He is completely impervious to harm to an extent rarely seen even in comics — bullets bounced off him, a direct hit from a tank didn't affect him, being underneath a collapsing mountain simply meant he had to dig himself out, and being hit in the chest with a nuclear missile caused no damage to him or his clothes. He also felt no pain and shrugged off the whole affair with the words, "Not enough gun." He is also apparently immovable unless he wishes to be moved: At one point an M-1 Abrams tank moving at speed rammed him, and he stopped it with a kick.
  • He was an expert marksman, even before being made a saint. Now, however, he is able to draw his guns faster than a man can see.
  • His hatred appears to be his greatest power. His hatred was cold enough to temporarily extinguish the fires of Hell and has been the driving force of his existence ever since.
  • He has perfect aim — even when men were hanging off his arms the Saint could shoot true and find his mark.
  • The Saint has demonstrated a degree of super strength. When hit by Cassidy in a speeding truck the saint did not budge and the truck was flipped. When Jesse Custer tried to put his hand on the Saint's shoulder the Saint of Killers flung him several feet like a rag doll.
  • He apparently has the power to enter and leave Heaven at will. It is not known if he could similarly travel to Hell. He also threatened to "Kill his way across half Creation", implying other travel abilities. On the other hand, he had to commandeer a ship to travel from America to France.

[edit] Weapons

The Saint of Killers possesses a pair of Walker Colt revolvers, which were made from the Angel of Death's sword. Because of this, the guns are of divine nature:

  • They possess unlimited ammunition, and never need to be reloaded.
  • They never jam.
  • Any shot fired from these guns will always hit their mark, even piercing modern tank armor to reach the intended target.
  • Any wound inflicted is always fatal regardless of circumstance or nature of the victim. Even angels and demons weren't immune to the power of the Saint's guns. Neither God nor the Devil were able to survive against them once the Saint has killed them both. However, the vampire Cassidy "survived" being shot presumably because as a vampire he was technically already dead.
"

f**k me freddy...

this can't be right...

closes jaw with an audible click


holy crap...

a Wiki page that's actually accurate?

wow...

M
#9 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Lucifer Morningstar said:
"So...none of his powers would help him in this?
"

nope...

SoK already killed The Devil and God in the Vertigo universe...

this is just another to add to his list

M
"
yeah, but Lucifer seems more powerful than God or The Devil in the Preacher series IMO
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

^^

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Lucifer Morningstar said:
yeah, but Lucifer seems more powerful than God or The Devil in the Preacher series IMO
"

not really, they just didn't show it much...

if you read between the lines in Preacher you have signs of God's pure omnipinace and his knowing of everything that had happened on earth, even though he had walked away from it after Genesis...

it's down to you though, but i'm of the pure belief that Saint of Killers would own Lucy

M
#12 Posted by __Kain__ (76 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Voidheart said:
"

Powers and abilities

The Saint of Killers possessed a variety of powers.

  • He is completely impervious to harm to an extent rarely seen even in comics — bullets bounced off him, a direct hit from a tank didn't affect him, being underneath a collapsing mountain simply meant he had to dig himself out, and being hit in the chest with a nuclear missile caused no damage to him or his clothes. He also felt no pain and shrugged off the whole affair with the words, "Not enough gun." He is also apparently immovable unless he wishes to be moved: At one point an M-1 Abrams tank moving at speed rammed him, and he stopped it with a kick.
  • He was an expert marksman, even before being made a saint. Now, however, he is able to draw his guns faster than a man can see.
  • His hatred appears to be his greatest power. His hatred was cold enough to temporarily extinguish the fires of Hell and has been the driving force of his existence ever since.
  • He has perfect aim — even when men were hanging off his arms the Saint could shoot true and find his mark.
  • The Saint has demonstrated a degree of super strength. When hit by Cassidy in a speeding truck the saint did not budge and the truck was flipped. When Jesse Custer tried to put his hand on the Saint's shoulder the Saint of Killers flung him several feet like a rag doll.
  • He apparently has the power to enter and leave Heaven at will. It is not known if he could similarly travel to Hell. He also threatened to "Kill his way across half Creation", implying other travel abilities. On the other hand, he had to commandeer a ship to travel from America to France.

[edit] Weapons

The Saint of Killers possesses a pair of Walker Colt revolvers, which were made from the Angel of Death's sword. Because of this, the guns are of divine nature:

  • They possess unlimited ammunition, and never need to be reloaded.
  • They never jam.
  • Any shot fired from these guns will always hit their mark, even piercing modern tank armor to reach the intended target.
  • Any wound inflicted is always fatal regardless of circumstance or nature of the victim. Even angels and demons weren't immune to the power of the Saint's guns. Neither God nor the Devil were able to survive against them once the Saint has killed them both. However, the vampire Cassidy "survived" being shot presumably because as a vampire he was technically already dead.
"

f**k me freddy...

this can't be right...

closes jaw with an audible click


holy crap...

a Wiki page that's actually accurate?

wow...

M
"
D:!
#13 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sure he himself would be aware of that and wouldnt fight...

#14 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Lucifer Morningstar said:
yeah, but Lucifer seems more powerful than God or The Devil in the Preacher series IMO
"

not really, they just didn't show it much...

if you read between the lines in Preacher you have signs of God's pure omnipinace and his knowing of everything that had happened on earth, even though he had walked away from it after Genesis...

it's down to you though, but i'm of the pure belief that Saint of Killers would own Lucy

M
"
well if your against me, than I'll just assume I'm wrong...but what is omnipinance?
#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Lucifer Morningstar said:
well if your against me, than I'll just assume I'm wrong...but what is omnipinance?
"

it's late, i've just finished work and i can't spell lol

Omnipitance lol

M
#16 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Lucifer Morningstar said:
well if your against me, than I'll just assume I'm wrong...but what is omnipinance?
"

it's late, i've just finished work and i can't spell lol

Omnipitance lol

M
"
that's what I figured, but you still spelled it wrong :P

anyways, I just always was curious if he truly was omnipotent, why did he stand there and take the bullet, he wasted a lot of time pleading when he could have like been, escaping, *wonders why he wasn't omnipresent*
#17 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
All any1 needs to know about the Saint is that his gun can kill Anything even though Methos already said it i just feel like repeaeating he killed God and The Devil.
#18 Posted by Lucifer Morningstar (128 posts) - - Show Bio
ZORN said:
"All any1 needs to know about the Saint is that his gun can kill Anything even though Methos already said it i just feel like repeaeating he killed God and The Devil.
"
sighs

well I made this thread as a Lucifer expert, not a Saint of Killers one, I was just looking for opinions cause I figured Lucifer could beat him, but I've changed my mind
#19 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
ZORN said:
"All any1 needs to know about the Saint is that his gun can kill Anything even though Methos already said it i just feel like repeaeating he killed God and The Devil.
"
...
#20 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah Saint Of Killers would win this fight... I think Saint of Killers maybe the most powerful superhero in any universe
#21 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Yeah Saint Of Killers would win this fight... I think Saint of Killers maybe the most powerful superhero in any universe"

I think that honor belongs to Man of Miracles.
#22 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Knowsbleed33 said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah Saint Of Killers would win this fight... I think Saint of Killers maybe the most powerful superhero in any universe"

I think that honor belongs to Man of Miracles."
I dont know. Man of Miracles is powerful but who is to say Saint of Killers couldnt kill him too with the Divine Colts ? He has already killed God and Satan of his Universe
#23 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Knowsbleed33 said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah Saint Of Killers would win this fight... I think Saint of Killers maybe the most powerful superhero in any universe"

I think that honor belongs to Man of Miracles."
I dont know. Man of Miracles is powerful but who is to say Saint of Killers couldnt kill him too with the Divine Colts ? He has already killed God and Satan of his Universe
#24 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Miracles is suppose to be above all that stuff. He's uber-Jeebus man!

#25 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Knowsbleed33 said:
"Man of Miracles is suppose to be above all that stuff. He's uber-Jeebus man!"
Oh I Know. But what are the limits of Saint's Divine Colts ? 
#26 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I still haven't read Preacher, so did god actually fight back? Did he attempt to reality warp the guns away or something and then fail? Did he attempt to remove SoK from existence and fail? (Even then, that wouldn't mean all reality warpers would fail, but it's a starting point.) Sounds like (from this thread) he sat their and took and didn't even try to get away. The guns may be able to kill anyone (maybe, I'm not so sure about reality warpers in other universes), but there are ways to stop him from shooting. If Lucifer is a better reality warper than Preacher's Satan (do they have comparable feats?) then wouldn't he be able to directly override the guns? Even if he isn't there are still ways he can get around them.

Moderator
#27 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Alright, I still haven't read Preacher, so did god actually fight back? Did he attempt to reality warp the guns away or something and then fail? Did he attempt to remove SoK from existence and fail? (Even then, that wouldn't mean all reality warpers would fail, but it's a starting point.) Sounds like (from this thread) he sat their and took and didn't even try to get away. The guns may be able to kill anyone (maybe, I'm not so sure about reality warpers in other universes), but there are ways to stop him from shooting. If Lucifer is a better reality warper than Preacher's Satan (do they have comparable feats?) then wouldn't he be able to directly override the guns? Even if he isn't there are still ways he can get around them.
"
Nice point Buck.
#28 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Alright, I still haven't read Preacher, so did god actually fight back? Did he attempt to reality warp the guns away or something and then fail? Did he attempt to remove SoK from existence and fail? (Even then, that wouldn't mean all reality warpers would fail, but it's a starting point.) Sounds like (from this thread) he sat their and took and didn't even try to get away. The guns may be able to kill anyone (maybe, I'm not so sure about reality warpers in other universes), but there are ways to stop him from shooting. If Lucifer is a better reality warper than Preacher's Satan (do they have comparable feats?) then wouldn't he be able to directly override the guns? Even if he isn't there are still ways he can get around them.
"
Okay Buckshot. I will attempt to answer some of those questions...

Here Saint is in Hell with the Devil























































Saint is leaving Hell




















































Saint of Killer used the Divine Colt to split Satan's wig























































Saint leaves Hell and leaves the corpse of Satan in Hell






















































  Okay from what I have seen. Satan in the Preacher Comics is not as powerful as Lucifer... but we really dont know what all he is capable of cause he showed very little if anything in the comics that I have read... its possible Satan may can warp reality... but he damn sure didnt do it here

#29 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Well I cant find my scans of Saint of Killars vs God right now... I will have to get back with you on that one
#30 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Nice scans King.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"

Wow. Nice scans King.

"
Thanks. I got some more somewhere...
#32 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Knowsbleed33 said:
"Man of Miracles is suppose to be above all that stuff. He's uber-Jeebus man!"
Oh I Know. But what are the limits of Saint's Divine Colts ? "

I believe they don't work on the undead.
#33 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Knowsbleed33 said:
"King Saturn said:
"Knowsbleed33 said:
"Man of Miracles is suppose to be above all that stuff. He's uber-Jeebus man!"
Oh I Know. But what are the limits of Saint's Divine Colts ? "

I believe they don't work on the undead."
Ah I See
#34 Edited by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

You Cannot Kill that which cannot die, for he is infinit.



caption




































































































caption


































































                                                                                                                                 
caption










#35 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? 
#36 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
Check this out


#37 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "
Vertigo's god and devil dont seem to be that strong...
#38 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmm...very interesting Voidheart. But none of this really says that Lucifer Morningstar would handle the blast of SoK Divine Colts...
#39 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
And btw, Silk man (the guy that threatens him) has the power to kill anything instantly aswell, lucifer just turned it against him in the matter of a slpitt second. He should be able to do that to Saint aswell.
#40 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "
Vertigo's god and devil dont seem to be that strong..."
Thats Correct. But who knows how powerful they are... But I Understand what you are Saying



Voidheart said:
"
caption
And btw, Silk man (the guy that threatens him) has the power to kill anything instantly aswell, lucifer just turned it against him in the matter of a slpitt second. He should be able to do that to Saint aswell.
"
Hmm...interesting. I shall research this Silk Man and see what he is all about
#41 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Wow. Nice scans King.

"
Thanks. I got some more somewhere..."

i thought you were going to try and answer his questions...
#42 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Wow. Nice scans King.

"
Thanks. I got some more somewhere..."

i thought you were going to try and answer his questions..."
LOL... well I havent found all my scans yet. Plus I have been busy with other things
#43 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"
You Cannot Kill that which cannot die, for he is infinit.



caption


caption

                                                                                                                                 
caption
"

i think you put these in backwards or out of order or something!

King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "

bad writing?  or a lack of respect for God?
#44 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
Well then where does Saint of Killers rack up then in terms of power ? It aint that much on him that I have read in the Preacher series... can only go by what we have seen so far
#45 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:


King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "

bad writing?  or a lack of respect for God?"
THANK YOU APPLE!
#46 Posted by King Saturn (225176 posts) - - Show Bio
I still aint sure Lucifer gets off so easy against Saint of Killers...
#47 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Apparition said:


King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "

bad writing?  or a lack of respect for God?"
THANK YOU APPLE!
"
youre very welcome!

King Saturn
said:
"Well then where does Saint of Killers rack up then in terms of power ? It aint that much on him that I have read in the Preacher series... can only go by what we have seen so far"

oh he's up there ks, just dont think that just cause he killed an omnipotent in his comic that it would really go like that when a writer with his head actually outside his a$$ was writing it.  its like the writer wanted his character to be just sooooooooo cool that, hey i'll even have him kill God!!!  freaking idiot.
#48 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Apparition said:


King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "

bad writing?  or a lack of respect for God?"
THANK YOU APPLE!
"
youre very welcome!
Apple, I don't want to go too off-topic here but everything your saying I'm agreeing with. Saint of Killers and Spawn are two who I can think of whose writers have made them best or even go as far as Kill God himself.

I just find it moronic. I don't see why it's needed to do such a thing in a comic book.
#49 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Apparition said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Apparition said:


King Saturn said:
"If you cant kill what cannot die... then how did Saint of Killers even kill Satan ? Let alone God ? "

bad writing?  or a lack of respect for God?"
THANK YOU APPLE!
"
youre very welcome!
Apple, I don't want to go too off-topic here but everything your saying I'm agreeing with. Saint of Killers and Spawn are two who I can think of whose writers have made them best or even go as far as Kill God himself.

I just find it moronic. I don't see why it's needed to do such a thing in a comic book."

omg dont get me started on spawn
#50 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"TheDrifter said:
omg dont get me started on spawn"
Tell me about it. I like his costume but other than that, I see him pointless.