• 133 results
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

I always considered them equal, but then again I haven't seen them fighting that much.

Note to self: Find and read the whole Lucifer series.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

Well I don't know.

I'm a green lantern fan so I'll say will can help him get through Michael's attacks. But my guess is as good as any.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ecsnclr

(SNIFF) i don't know who these guys are

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Scourge
AtPhantom said:
"I always considered them equal, but then again I haven't seen them fighting that much.
Same here
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
They Are Equal... unless we are going by The Bible instead of Comics...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
aztek the lost said:
"may I point out that Lucifer is the one who killed Michael...but at the same time that Michael has (with confidence) threatened the life of Lucifer...so, does that really equate to equality?"
As I Have Said Before... the DCU and Logic doesnt always go together... but from what has been stated... both of them are Equal...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
aztek the lost said:
"King Saturn said:
"aztek the lost said:
"may I point out that Lucifer is the one who killed Michael...but at the same time that Michael has (with confidence) threatened the life of Lucifer...so, does that really equate to equality?"
As I Have Said Before... the DCU and Logic doesnt always go together... but from what has been stated... both of them are Equal..."
well, okay, but from what you've seen of their powers (not what has been stated) do you have an opinion on which one would win in a fight (the one in the comics doesn't count cause they were both injured and one of them was holding back)"
I would say Lucifer wins based on feats alone and what we have seen in Comics...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
aztek the lost said:
"King Saturn said:
"I would say Lucifer wins based on feats alone and what we have seen in Comics... "
awesome! that means we agree on whose the better of the brothers in a fight"
True Indeed
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Personally from what i've seen and read, Michael. I mean isn't that the entire point, Lucifer is a more wily fighter, but Michael has all the power behind him. Though the Demiurgos confuses me somewhat. But based on my knowledge, i'll have to go with Michael.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth

I thought they where equal both getting there power from god?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
geraldthesloth said:
"I thought they where equal both getting there power from god?"
Thats What They Are Supposed To Be
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By m0ntyb0y

Mike is more powerful than Lucifer, so in a DIRECT confrontation, like a battle, Mike wins easily (i.e., Mike drove Lucifer out of heaven without breaking a sweat). In an INDIRECTfeud, Lucifer wins through manipulation and strategy.

I don't take into account the battle they fought near the tree because Lucifer was possessed by Fenris, Michael was trying to free Lucifer from possession rather than trying to kill him, and both were severely weakened by their journey to the tree

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By NightFang3

I say Lucifer is the most powerful.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@NightFang: Michael has the greatest "power"
Lucifer has the strongest "will"

I don't know how to convert those two but I'd say power is better in a battle and will/intelligence/cunning is better for scheming

when the two did clash, absent extraordinary circumstances like those surrounding their battle near the tree, Mike cast Lucifer down from heaven
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
I actually think Lucifer is more powerful than Michael still... God the Father is the main reason why Michael was able to cast Lucifer out of heaven anyways... God spake it... and it had to come to past... so technically Lucifer's power was bound by the words of God when he ordered his dismissal from Heaven...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
They are considered equal. They complete each other. Lucifer can't create something out of nothing, and Michael can't give shape to his creations. But, in Dream's words: ' Save his creator, he is, perhaps, the most powerful being there is" (on Lucifer).
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
@Morpheus_ said:
" They are considered equal. They complete each other. Lucifer can't create something out of nothing, and Michael can't give shape to his creations. But, in Dream's words: ' Save his creator, he is, perhaps, the most powerful being there is" (on Lucifer).
"
hmmm... I guess
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By NightFang3

Maybe Their one in the same.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
@aztek the lost said:
" @m0ntyb0y: but in the comics Michael doesn't cast Lucifer down from Heaven...Lucifer walks out of Heaven by his own free will and Sandalphon defeats Michael...to me it seems like Michael is a few steps below Lucifer "
its confusing in a sense... because the comics of Lucifer and Sandman draw concepts from the Bible... but the story is totally different within the comics compared to Biblical texts... but thats Good though
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaMainMan

Didn't Morningstar end up killing Michael? I know Michael let him and was not at full power but Lucifer won. In a straight up head to head battle then Michael is more powerful, Lucifer is smarter.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By m0ntyb0y

"In a straight up head to head battle then Michael is more powerful, Lucifer is smarter. "

@DaMainMan: yeah, in a straight-up head to head battle Michael would win

@aztek the lost:
it was established more than once in the comic that beneath Yahweh, Michael has the greatest power while Lucifer has the strongest will

I think power trumps will in a battle
Lucifer's defining characteristic was the strength of his will, the Demiurgos would be meaningless if Lucifer was also more "powerful"

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By why so serious

lucifer.
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ziro

There's no way of knowing.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
 There is. They have actually fought twice, from the top of my head.
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ziro
@Morpheus_: 

I'm aware of one(while Lucifer was possessed). What was the outcome of the other?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Ziro said:

" @Morpheus_:  I'm aware of one(while Lucifer was possessed). What was the outcome of the other? "

Michael impaled him through the chest and banished him from Heaven during the great battle.

In the battle you named, Lucifer killed Michael, even though both were weakened. (I know you are aware, I'm mentioning it for others who may not be as fortunate)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

lucifer only powerful in cunning,trick and strategy because he is an evil.

Cunning, trickery and a strategic mind don't allow you to shape an entire Universe. Power does.
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Samurai X
@thedarkgodzz said:
" lucifer only powerful in cunning,trick and strategy because he is an evil. Mike have superior power than lucifer and michael is also a great in strategy. and who create those two being "

No Caption Provided
thedarkgodzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thedarkgodzz

who create lucifer and michael ? and that i write wrong in post

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ziro
@thedarkgodzz: 

The Presence created them(of course).
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By reactor
@thedarkgodzz said:

" who create lucifer and michael ? and that i write wrong in post "

@Ziro said:

" @thedarkgodzz:  The Presence created them(of course). "

Seeing as you're apparently unfamiliar with Vertigo: The Presence =  Abrahamic God = The supreme being in - and the creator of - the DC Universe.
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Samurai X
@aztek the lost said:
" @Ziro said:
" There's no way of knowing. "
ha! this made me laugh...there's no way of knowing any of these battles, that's the entire point...it sparks debate "
Unless its a spite thread
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I will say Michael solely on the bases his a fit motherf@#%er. 
And although I'm an Atheist, I still believe in Michael for the win.

It's like saying Batman will win against Superman. I'd never see Batman win without preparation.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Supreme Marvel said:

" I will say Michael solely on the bases his a fit motherf@#%er.  And although I'm an Atheist, I still believe in Michael for the win.  It's like saying Batman will win against Superman. I'd never see Batman win without preparation. "

Lucifer already killed Michael without preparation. Since we are going on the Vertigo versions of the characters. And despite the fact that they were both already weakened, Lucifer was also possessed, and as such, was using his powers far less competently than he would have, otherwise.

Point remains, that Lucifer does not require prep to pose a threat to Michael.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Push
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Supreme Marvel said:

" I will say Michael solely on the bases his a fit motherf@#%er.  And although I'm an Atheist, I still believe in Michael for the win.  It's like saying Batman will win against Superman. I'd never see Batman win without preparation. "

Lucifer already killed Michael without preparation. Since we are going on the Vertigo versions of the characters. And despite the fact that they were both already weakened, Lucifer was also possessed, and as such, was using his powers far less competently than he would have, otherwise.

"

So, has Michael been seen ever since? Or is has he been completely gone?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Push said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@Supreme Marvel said:

"
So, has Michael been seen ever since? Or is has he been completely gone? "
He is dead. It was final - Elaine absorbed the demiourgic power within him.

Don't get me wrong. I think Lucifer and Michael are equal in nearly every level, so a battle between the two could go either way.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CosmicSpiral

They are both capable of killing each other, but I believe Lucifer would gain the slight majority. And Lucifer has already survived a release of the Demiurge when he used it to create his new universe. 

@Morpheus_: Remind me, how exactly did Lucifer come to rule over Hell? I remember in The Sandman Lucifer describes himself as being cast out of heaven and falling all the way to Hell. But in Lucifer, didn't Yahweh bring Lucifer to Hell and tell him that it was the farthest point from the Primum Mobile? 

Also, Michael did not die naturally. His daughter absorbed the entirety of his power into herself, so he is not technically "dead". If you remember, Michael reformed himself after he was killed by Lucifer. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CosmicSpiral said:
"
@Morpheus_: Remind me, how exactly did Lucifer come to rule over Hell? I remember in The Sandman Lucifer describes himself as being cast out of heaven and falling all the way to Hell. But in Lucifer, didn't Yahweh bring Lucifer to Hell and tell him that it was the farthest point from the Primum Mobile?  Also, Michael did not die naturally. His daughter absorbed the entirety of his power into herself, so he is not technically "dead". If you remember, Michael reformed himself after he was killed by Lucifer.  "
The Presence intervened during the great battle and gave Lucifer the opportunity to rule in the most distant place imaginable from the Primum Mobile - Hell. In Sandman, I recall him mentioning his fall, but not explicitly. It could have been done in a symbolic manner, more than anything else. 

Are you perhaps mistaking it with the first time he expelled his power, in Lucifer's Universe? Michael was not seen since the Wolf Beneath the Tree arc in Lucifer's series.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Supreme Marvel said:

"
  @m0ntyb0y said:

"I don't take into account the battle they fought near the tree because Lucifer was possessed by Fenris, Michael was trying to free Lucifer from possession rather than trying to kill him, and both were severely weakened by their journey to the tree "

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Supreme Marvel said:

"
  @m0ntyb0y said:

"I don't take into account the battle they fought near the tree because Lucifer was possessed by Fenris, Michael was trying to free Lucifer from possession rather than trying to kill him, and both were severely weakened by their journey to the tree "

"

Whether you wish to  acknowledge the fight, or not, is entirely up to you. It does not mean everyone shares the view, especially seeing  that it proves that Lucifer has more than enough power to inflict harm on Michael, as Fenris' was merely in control of Lucifer's body, but added nothing to his powerset - Michael not wishing to kill Lucifer is well within the boundaries of his personality, so unless the fight is under bloodlust, he will refrain from doing it (if possible) in this thread, too. As would Lucifer.