• 67 results
Avatar image for alternative_backup
alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lucifer and his father meet in the sky and after a long conversation, the presence suggests Lucifer join him. Lucifer accepts, but before, must take and complete a challenge that his father has imposed on it.

Lucifer in his challenge, must circumvent and manipulate the following characters:

1. - Rune King Thor

2. - Shuma-Gorath

3. - Doctor Doom (with the powers of Beyonder Pre-Retcon)

4. - Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe)

5. - The Living Tribunal

6. - Yog-Sothoth

Lucifer with his uncompromising and unwavering will along with a letter of approval to exit its multiverse that his father has given him, travels toward its objectives.

Can the archangel overcome the challenge?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at round 3 or 4.

Though I think Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe) should be the final opponent.

Though if Lucifer can manipulation Thanos he defiantly stops at rounds 5 and 6.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3.

The orders are a bit messed up.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thanosii

Definitely stops at 3 and thanos is a mismatch

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mismatch

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

How is Thanos a mismatch? You guys realize this isn't a fight, right? He has to manipulate these people. I say he stops at 5, possibly even 6.

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod Why? Thanos with the Heart of the Universe acquired a deep understanding of the universe. The Living Tribunal is almost nearly omniscient. Doctor Doom with Beyonder's powers was said to be omniscient and he had anticipated his defeat.

With his unbending, I see Lucifer least surpass The Living Tribunal and stagnate or lose Yog-Sothoh

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

he clears. gods level of willpower and manipulation, remember?

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa Probably finish the challenge. Although, Yog-Sothoth (character who many claim is omniscient) and the Living Tribunal (almost omniscient character), represent a challenge to the archangel.

Thanos and Dr. Doom had inconsistencies with his powers. It is undoubtedly a weakness that can be exploited and manipulated.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He either stops at or beats 6. The others can be manipulated quite easily.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baron_von_Santa
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

Stops at Thanos IMO.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer wins.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thanosii

@iheartzombies92: @evil_incarnate: @those_eyes: please elaborate since you are aware that Thanos has the mind and soul gem as part of the IG. How does LM manipulate someone that knows your every intention and controls your soul, the person with all the wisdom in the universe?

Thanos is indeed a mismatch as I doubt that LM can manipulate even standard thanos wo has outsmarted the universe several times

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: When has Thanos "outsmarted the universe several times"?

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: Who says that the mind and soul gems would affect LM? Plus, you have to remember that LM has gone up against nigh-omniscient beings with no problems in the past.

And LM would curbstomp normal Thanos with ease - he'd gone up against gods and other cosmic beings that are practically omniscient with no powers, and manipulated those. His willpower and manipulation skills are god-level. Normal Thanos wouldn't stand a chance.

Equilbrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Equilbrium

@thanosii said:

@iheartzombies92: @evil_incarnate: @those_eyes: please elaborate since you are aware that Thanos has the mind and soul gem as part of the IG. How does LM manipulate someone that knows your every intention and controls your soul, the person with all the wisdom in the universe?

Thanos is indeed a mismatch as I doubt that LM can manipulate even standard thanos wo has outsmarted the universe several times

Standard thanos can be manipulated very easily.

Equilbrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

How can thanos outsmart the thing that know your every intention and controls your soul.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@thanosii: how can thanos beat the person with gods control of will and manipulation

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii Lucifer Morningstar created with his brother Michael, the multiverse. Lucifer shaped the demiurgic power of his brother and molded creation. The archangel undoubtedly has more wisdom and knowledge than the Titan.

Scoop316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only round 5 and 6 will give him trouble. RKT is a non-factor. I know he supposedly has "omniscience" but ehh, don't believe it based on panels I've seen. Doom and Thanos might be stronger power-wise than Lucifer with their additions in theory, but Lucifer would still outwit them. These two wouldn't be able to resist a battle of wits even if they could beat Lucifer with raw power, and Lucy would win. LT might be weaker than the ones in the previous two rounds, but he's a lot harder to manipulate.

Even so, Lucifier is basically Living Tribunal-level in power plus his massive manipulation. Does Living Tribunal have any manipulation feats? He normally beats any threat using his incredible power. Lucifer could do the same in his own series, but instead chooses to manipulate them and use his cunning to beat them instead. That's what makes Lucifer so amazing compared to other multiversal characters in comics in my opinion.

My only real concern is Yog-Sothoth. That's something I'd like to see. Since it's not Azathoth (Even if he is an idiot) I'd say Lucy has a chance.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer clears it like a boss.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alternative_backup: Actually Dr Doom with the Beyonder's powers was kind of omniscient. I think I will bring my friend @rolldestroyer in to explain this one.

Though even if Lucifer does clear rounds 3 and 4 he defiantly isn't getting past round 5 and 6 because both characters are far to omniscient (especially Yog-Sothoth) to be manipulated by Lucifer.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: how is LT far too omniscient ? what has he ever done to suggest that?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lucifer and his father meet in the sky and after a long conversation, the presence suggests Lucifer join him. Lucifer accepts, but before, must take and complete a challenge that his father has imposed on it.

Lucifer in his challenge, must circumvent and manipulate the following characters:

1. - Rune King Thor

2. - Shuma-Gorath

3. - Doctor Doom (with the powers of Beyonder Pre-Retcon)

4. - Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe)

5. - The Living Tribunal

6. - Yog-Sothoth

Lucifer with his uncompromising and unwavering will along with a letter of approval to exit its multiverse that his father has given him, travels toward its objectives.

Can the archangel overcome the challenge?

1: He Stopms

2: He stomps

3: He Stomps

4: He wins but not easy

5: Doubt it

6: Hell naw

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod Lucifer is a master manipulator and represents and has the will and spirit of God. He eventually could exploit weaknesses and instabilities of Doctor Doom with Beyonder's powers.

Does Living Tribunal is smarter and crafty than Lucifer? I doubt it. And, the mythology of HP Lovecraft's is undoubtedly hyperbole. Lucifer has the means to meet the challenge.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Baron_von_Santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alternative_backup: i agree with you man, and his willpower is the highest can be, much more powerful than original ion, and you saw what he could do, even limited to a host

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at LT or Yog Sothoth

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scoop316 said:

Only round 5 and 6 will give him trouble. RKT is a non-factor. I know he supposedly has "omniscience" but ehh, don't believe it based on panels I've seen. Doom and Thanos might be stronger power-wise than Lucifer with their additions in theory, but Lucifer would still outwit them. These two wouldn't be able to resist a battle of wits even if they could beat Lucifer with raw power, and Lucy would win. LT might be weaker than the ones in the previous two rounds, but he's a lot harder to manipulate.

Even so, Lucifier is basically Living Tribunal-level in power plus his massive manipulation. Does Living Tribunal have any manipulation feats? He normally beats any threat using his incredible power. Lucifer could do the same in his own series, but instead chooses to manipulate them and use his cunning to beat them instead. That's what makes Lucifer so amazing compared to other multiversal characters in comics in my opinion.

My only real concern is Yog-Sothoth

That's something I'd like to see. Since it's not Azathoth (Even if he is an idiot) I'd say Lucy has a chance.

This is the argument I wanted to read. It's amazing and overall my view.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By patrat18
thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thanosii

@alternative_backup: @iheartzombies92: @patrat18: Thanos with the IG has the total knowledge of every mind in the universe including that of abstract he becomes nigh omniscient that's why LT told Magus that he already knows the outcome of their battle. With the soul gem he controls the will of every soul in the universe and thus can just manipulate LM to do his biding right of he bat.

Ohgma_Infinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

@alternative_backup: @iheartzombies92: @patrat18: Thanos with the IG has the total knowledge of every mind in the universe including that of abstract he becomes nigh omniscient that's why LT told Magus that he already knows the outcome of their battle. With the soul gem he controls the will of every soul in the universe and thus can just manipulate LM to do his biding right of he bat.

Thanos is scared of LT even with the IG.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@thanosii: and i do not think LM has a soul. when Michael 'died' the first time, all he did was release the dunamis demiurgos which could have eradicated all creation. then he reformed. and death has a claim on all living things, even the spectre, but not the lightbringer. so we can safely say they either do not have souls or their souls are completely different from ours, or they have something else entirely.

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii The IG could not affect Lucifer. The Living Tribunal was not affected and Lucifer are practically at the same league of power.

I also included Thanos with HOTU in the challenge, because, after absorbing the HOTU, acquired great knowledge and wisdom of the universe becoming the universe itself.

Lucifer created the multiverse with his brother Michael. The Archangel (Lucifer), molded every detail of creation. Lucifer has more experience, refinement and years of experience, including his cunning and indomitable will.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer fanboys are some of the worst. No way he gets through Thanos.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@living_monstrosity said:

Actually I think they are some of the better fanboys out there because they aren't as annoying as other fanboys.

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@living_monstrosity said:

Actually I think they are some of the better fanboys out there because they aren't as annoying as other fanboys.

Maybe to you, but I find them doubly annoying because if he's put in a battle against someone clearly more powerful than him/someone with better feats, they often pull the 'he wins because he could just manipulate that person' card out of a hat.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only see rounds five and six being of issue.

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loseup said:

@living_monstrosity: oh yeah? prove he can't get past thanos

Thanos with THOTI is the closest thing to The One Above All.

Lucifer is not even close to that. You need to prove he can manipulate someone of Thanos w/HOTI's caliber.

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By loseup
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he have to fight them, or just manipulate them? If it's all about just manipulating them then I don't see what their power has to do with it unless he is using some form of psionic manipulation. The only one that should prove totally unmoved by an attempt at manipulation is LT due to him having to answer to a higher power. His role does not leave room for what he does to be affected by personal feelings, it's his job to judge based on the will of his master, not his own will, at least that's they way I see him.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers