Lucifer Morningstar (DC) vs. The Living Tribunal (Marvel)

• 90 results
Scoop316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Scoop316

Going back at this, I think the archangels together beat the Living Tribunal and possibly all of Marvel if TOAA or others above the LT aren't involved. Give Lucifer some prep, and he'll beat the Tribunal. If a straight-up power fight, I'd still say stalemate. Anything the Tribunal fires at him Lucifer can turn it into something else due to his endless manipulation. I don't think Tribunal would be able to to stop him.

I can only see LT winning if it goes like this. If Living Tribunal can gloat Lucifer into some sort of stereotypical laser beam power fight, and nothing else, then I'd say that's how LT would win, if he could. Lucifer would hold his own for a while, perhaps even thinking of a way out, but if he somehow doesn't, then he would eventually be overcome and beaten.

However, considering how cunning Lucifer is, and that Living Tribunal has no feats relevant to manipulation, I don't think the Tribunal would do that, and thus, I'd give it to the Morningstar or stalemate.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Living Tribunal wins this 9/10

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

"So...what does any of that have to do with me not understanding what Reality Warping is capable of?"

The fact that you claim he is more than a Reality Warper. When, in fact, that is exactly what he is.

"You just basically said Lucifer uses his Will to grant himself any ability or feat he wishes am I right?"

When, exactly, did I say that he does that?"If he is only limited by his Will, and his will is Infinite, how is this helping LT again? Lol"His Will is not his limitation. In fact, that is the very point in which he has no limits. He is limited by a bunch of other things, but not by his Will."When was is stated that Lucifer was not Nigh-Omnipotent?"It doesn't have to be stated out-right, when it's obvious.But I suppose it could be a matter of definition."Has LT destroyed enemies with his pure intellect? Has he been forced to defeat enemies when he was human? Lucifer has fooled greater demons and even Gods to destroy themselves even when he was mortal and powerless. He warped Dream of the Endless outside of his own realm with a gesture where Dream was all powerful."What does any of that, have to do with versatility?It shows that Lucifer has a brilliant mind, and is extremely resourceful(and powerful), but we already agree on that."No offense, but the topic of who is more versatile is opinion based , I don't think we should used that as evidence of victory."The topic of who is more versatile, is not opinion based. It's simply a matter of comparing their capabilities. Who has more variety to bring to the table. That is the LT. And versatility should most definitely be used, it can be a huge factor in a fight.
"Is that not a Contradiction? How can you claim that Lucifer is not Nigh omnipotent but say that LT is, yet you then say Lucifer has more raw power?"No, that is not a contradiction. I can say that Lucifer is not nigh-omnipotent, but LT is, because that is simply the truth.Omnipotence = All-Powerful. Infinite Power. The ability to do literally anything.Lucifer's ability to Manipulate, is infinite. But his lack of Creation, is a definite limitation.The Living Tribunal is one step down from The-One-Above-All. The only known limit on what he can do, is go against the will of TOAA. But he does have a limit. His raw power is not Infinite.I.e. Lucifer's Manipulation, has more raw power. But he does not have full Omnipotence. But you can't call it Nigh-omnipotence either, because he does have Infinite raw power."If Lucifer wills himself to do anything possible, how does LT have a wider range of power and capabilities?"Can you show me an example of Lucifer ever doing that? Or anything to prove that he can do that?Lucifer is limited to manipulation. LT isn't. That is where LT has a wider range of power.Also, LT is nigh-omniscient and nigh-omnipresent. That is another point where LT has a wider range in capabilities."If Lucifer has more raw power than LT, along with his Infinite control and genius intellect, then how do you claim LT "simply" overwhelms him."1. His "genius intellect" is not a factor, whatsoever.2. Simple. By attacking, non-stop, from everywhere at the same time."And If lucifer misses? WHAT? Lucifer Wills everything around LT, and if he has more raw power, as you claim, it would be easier for him to overwhelm LT than the opposite."Lucifer is, in his nature as an Angel, a single being. He is only present in one point in time and space. I.e. his "awareness", for the lack of a better word, is limited by his senses.LT is nigh-omnipresent. He does not have that limitation. Lucifer can't "Will everything around LT", because LT does not exist in just one place. And the fact that he is nigh-omniscient, along with nigh-omnipresent(and half a dozen other nigh-omni's), means that he won't get overwhelmed by anything other than actual Superiority."And you keep saying LT is far more versatile, yet Lucifer has Infinite control. With Control comes versatility man. More raw power, infinite control over that power, and genius intellect? This still does not help LT's case. Doesn't mean he loses, but doesn't help him either."You're confusing things. Lucifer's "infinite control" IS his power. it is not "infinite power, controlled by infinite control". LT is more versatile, simply by the fact that he brings far more variety to the table. Through his nigh-omnipotence, nigh-omnipresence, nigh-omniscience, nigh-omnietc.Lucifer has Infinite Manipulation. But that is the only thing of consequence that he brings to the table."If you think Lucifer, who embodies God's Infinite Will, has more raw power and control than LT, then what do you think adding Michael, who embodies God's very power and has more raw power than even Lucifer, would do to the brother's chances of winning?"I'm pretty sure I already answered that one. Adding Michael to the mix, would tip the scales in their favor, but it would not guarantee their victory.

"LT is only Omnipresent because his awareness and his authority is everywhere, he himself is not duplicated in any way."

You've got that backwards. LT is nigh-omnipresent because he is everywhere. His physical presence, that he uses to communicate with the beings of the various universes, is an M-body, Essentially just a representation. And avatar that he uses to communicate.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@scoop316 said:

Going back at this, I think the archangels together beat the Living Tribunal and possibly all of Marvel if TOAA or others above the LT aren't involved. Give Lucifer some prep, and he'll beat the Tribunal. If a straight-up power fight, I'd still say stalemate. Anything the Tribunal fires at him Lucifer can turn it into something else due to his endless manipulation. I don't think Tribunal would be able to to stop him.

I can only see LT winning if it goes like this. If Living Tribunal can gloat Lucifer into some sort of stereotypical laser beam power fight, and nothing else, then I'd say that's how LT would win, if he could. Lucifer would hold his own for a while, perhaps even thinking of a way out, but if he somehow doesn't, then he would eventually be overcome and beaten.

However, considering how cunning Lucifer is, and that Living Tribunal has no feats relevant to manipulation, I don't think the Tribunal would do that, and thus, I'd give it to the Morningstar or stalemate.

Mostly agree with this.

I think you should post more often :)

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

"So...what does any of that have to do with me not understanding what Reality Warping is capable of?"

The fact that you claim he is more than a Reality Warper. When, in fact, that is exactly what he is.

There are different levels of warping dude. MJJ is a reality warper. Franklin Richards is a reality warper. Yet they NEED reality. They are mere warpers. All of the Endless are reality warpers, yet they are so much more than that. I don't know many reality warpers who existed before creation and willed reality itself in existence. The Universe in which reality operates, or doesn't in some cases, is the one Lucifer crafted. Most Reality warpers I know need reality as a base of their power whereas Lucifer does not. A mere reality warper is one who, without their power to warp, are useless. Lucifer is far from useless and far from powerless even in the absence of reality.

"You just basically said Lucifer uses his Will to grant himself any ability or feat he wishes am I right?"

When, exactly, did I say that he does that?

You --> "Yes, Lucifer is, put very shortly, a Reality Warper with unlimited raw power. Everything he does(with the exception of his purely physical capabilities from his nature as an Angel), comes from his Infinite Manipulation." I apologize if I misunderstood but it sounds to me like you are saying all of his powers, are only possible because of his Infinite Will.

"If he is only limited by his Will, and his will is Infinite, how is this helping LT again? Lol"

His Will is not his limitation. In fact, that is the very point in which he has no limits. He is limited by a bunch of other things, but not by his Will.

It was a rhetorical question in which I was trying to prove a point. One can not be limited by an ability that grants the user unlimited possibilities. I already stated, Lucifer is limited because his power nor influence does not go beyond what The Presence allows, nor certain rules or regulations that have already been placed upon existence by the presence, which makes no difference in this battle since this is a neutral universe where The Presence would not directly involved.

"When was is stated that Lucifer was not Nigh-Omnipotent?"

It doesn't have to be stated out-right, when it's obvious. But I suppose it could be a matter of definition.

It is a matter of definition as I know and have given examples of many different types of Omnipotence and NIgh Omnipotence on this website. Since He and Michael are indeed God's most powerful creations, and Dream of the Endless who is also Nigh Omnipotent according to DCU, stated that Lucifer was far more powerful than him, I think we can rest with knowing that he, regardless of what MU defines as such, is at some level of Nigh Omnipotence.

"Has LT destroyed enemies with his pure intellect? Has he been forced to defeat enemies when he was human? Lucifer has fooled greater demons and even Gods to destroy themselves even when he was mortal and powerless. He warped Dream of the Endless outside of his own realm with a gesture where Dream was all powerful."

What does any of that, have to do with versatility?It shows that Lucifer has a brilliant mind, and is extremely resourceful(and powerful), but we already agree on that.

Which means that no matter how versatile you believe LT to be, Lucifer being extremely resourceful and powerful would still pose a formidable threat. At least I still think he would.

"No offense, but the topic of who is more versatile is opinion based , I don't think we should used that as evidence of victory."

The topic of who is more versatile, is not opinion based. It's simply a matter of comparing their capabilities. Who has more variety to bring to the table. That is the LT. And versatility should most definitely be used, it can be a huge factor in a fight.

How can you compare abilities when they both can do the same thing as far as powers go? Other than create from nothingness, Lucifer can do anything LT can because he can simply Will it. Lucifer can will anything, for any purpose whatsoever, as much as he wants to, without limits. How is that not versatility?

"Is that not a Contradiction? How can you claim that Lucifer is not Nigh omnipotent but say that LT is, yet you then say Lucifer has more raw power?"

No, that is not a contradiction. I can say that Lucifer is not nigh-omnipotent, but LT is, because that is simply the truth. Omnipotence = All-Powerful. Infinite Power. The ability to do literally anything. Lucifer's ability to Manipulate, is infinite. But his lack of Creation, is a definite limitation.The Living Tribunal is one step down from The-One-Above-All. The only known limit on what he can do, is go against the will of TOAA. But he does have a limit. His raw power is not Infinite.I.e. Lucifer's Manipulation, has more raw power. But he does not have full Omnipotence. But you can't call it Nigh-omnipotence either, because he does have Infinite raw power.

You seem to misunderstand here. Lucifer can not create something OUT OF NOTHINGNESS. That is completely different from not being able to create at all. That in fact, is the ONLY thing he definitely can't do, which means everything else is possible for him through Will. That is why he is considered Nigh-Omnipoent because of having nearly all power, with one limitation. And once again, because they are in a universe and LT's very existence gives something to manipulate, his one limitation isn't even a factor here. And even if Lucifer was outside of creation, the moment LT used any type of power or even a thought, Lucifer would will it for his own use.

And LT is not at all a simply step below TOAA. Any True Omnipotent being is always infinitely more powerful than their creations combined. Thats is why even Lucifer + Michael are no where near equal to TP.

"If Lucifer wills himself to do anything possible, how does LT have a wider range of power and capabilities?"

Can you show me an example of Lucifer ever doing that? Or anything to prove that he can do that? Lucifer is limited to manipulation. LT isn't. That is where LT has a wider range of power. Also, LT is nigh-omniscient and nigh-omnipresent. That is another point where LT has a wider range in capabilities.

It is all implied and understood power. Once again even you said "Lucifer is put very shortly, a reality warper with unlimited raw power". If you have to ask me how someone with Infinite and Absolute Reality warping abilities would be able to do anything possible, I am not sure if you know what Reality Warping is capable of. I have not seen LT use every ability in Marvel, but because he is NIgh-Omnipotent, is it not understood that he can do so? If not, would you mind posting feats of him performing every single ability Marvel has to offer? The truth is, as much as we wish, there is not enough feats to 100% prove than any being is Nigh Omnipotent or Omnipotent. We may see one great feat, but most is implied.

"If Lucifer has more raw power than LT, along with his Infinite control and genius intellect, then how do you claim LT "simply" overwhelms him."

1. His "genius intellect" is not a factor, whatsoever.2. Simple. By attacking, non-stop, from everywhere at the same time.

It is not a factor to YOU. Quit downplaying Lucifer in order to give LT the edge. I don't disregard LT's power in the debate so I don't see how you wanting to nullify Lucifer's abilities helps. Attacking a guy from everywhere at the same time would do absolutely nothing if the guy you are attacking has infinite control over any power you throw at him, and has more raw power than you can produce. All you are saying to me is LT's nonstop power will be manipulated by Lucifer's Infinite Will. Thats is why I said stalemate.

"And If lucifer misses? WHAT? Lucifer Wills everything around LT, and if he has more raw power, as you claim, it would be easier for him to overwhelm LT than the opposite."

Lucifer is, in his nature as an Angel, a single being. He is only present in one point in time and space. I.e. his "awareness", for the lack of a better word, is limited by his senses. LT is nigh-omnipresent. He does not have that limitation. Lucifer can't "Will everything around LT", because LT does not exist in just one place. And the fact that he is nigh-omniscient, along with nigh-omnipresent(and half a dozen other nigh-omni's), means that he won't get overwhelmed by anything other than actual Superiority.

You assume that Lucifer is just going to start blasting off Heavenly fire at LT, Lucifer is not as impulsive as you are seemingly making him. And even if LT is Nigh-Omniscient, that does not help him win. Lucifer has manipulated The Presence, even if for a little while. LT's Nigh-Omniscience does not mean his is unbeatable or exempt from harm. We have already agreed that Lucifer has more manipulation and raw power than LT. His will warp that Universe to his benefit him rather LT is present there or not.

"And you keep saying LT is far more versatile, yet Lucifer has Infinite control. With Control comes versatility man. More raw power, infinite control over that power, and genius intellect? This still does not help LT's case. Doesn't mean he loses, but doesn't help him either."

You're confusing things. Lucifer's "infinite control" IS his power. it is not "infinite power, controlled by infinite control". LT is more versatile, simply by the fact that he brings far more variety to the table. Through his nigh-omnipotence, nigh-omnipresence, nigh-omniscience, nigh-omnietc.Lucifer has Infinite Manipulation. But that is the only thing of consequence that he brings to the table.

That then, would be all he needs IMO. He could manipulate and power and any knowledge LT uses against him. Versatility is basically being able to adapt and or change to many different situations and environments. Both can do that. So i don't see that is a factor.

"If you think Lucifer, who embodies God's Infinite Will, has more raw power and control than LT, then what do you think adding Michael, who embodies God's very power and has more raw power than even Lucifer, would do to the brother's chances of winning?"

I'm pretty sure I already answered that one. Adding Michael to the mix, would tip the scales in their favor, but it would not guarantee their victory.

Meh, I agree.

"LT is only Omnipresent because his awareness and his authority is everywhere, he himself is not duplicated in any way."

You've got that backwards. LT is nigh-omnipresent because he is everywhere. His physical presence, that he uses to communicate with the beings of the various universes, is an M-body, Essentially just a representation. And avatar that he uses to communicate.

Once again, that would maybe tip the scales if Lucifer was in the Marvel Omniverse lol, but this is a neutral universe. I doubt if LT being every there would hardly bother Lucifer let alone harm him. In fact, believe it or not, if this was in MU, I would have to go with LT. But because of the neutral universe, and Lucifer's Will and warping power, I don't think LT could defeat him. I do however, know somewhat of LT's power and his authority so I don't believe Lucifer would beat him either. Either way, I respect your point of view.

DCvsMARVEL_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas: U do know Morningstar is son of the presence right? This grants him limitless power and limitations he is the most powerful reality warper in all of DC Comics the only two above are the primal monitor and the presence and everyone saying curbstomp....just no. no

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living Tribunal.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U do know Morningstar is son of the presence right? This grants him limitless power and limitations he is the most powerful reality warper in all of DC Comics the only two above are the primal monitor and the presence and everyone saying curbstomp....just no. no

then you don't know marvel enough to claim that because LT is essentially rank 2 of marvel.

primal overmonitor and the presence are arguable equal to each other because of how "vague" they are.

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with LT. TOAA>The Presence, technically.

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Flyingcliffs

LT wins.

No Caption Provided

DCvsMARVEL_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DCvsMARVEL_2

@kyrees: Actually, I do know marvel enough. You misread what I said what I said was no it will not be a curbstomp, I did not state that lucifer would win LT just that it would not be a curbstomp because you are underestimating lucifer also I know that LT is not second to toaa as protege,the fulcrum & pre retcon Beyonder will all defeat the living tribunal.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kyrees

@dcvsmarvel_2 said:

Actually, I do know marvel enough. You misread what I said what I said was no it will not be a curbstomp, I did not state that lucifer would win LT just that it would not be a curbstomp because you are underestimating lucifer also I know that LT is not second to toaa as protege,the fulcrum & pre retcon Beyonder will all defeat the living tribunal.

beyonder/beyonders are not of the marvel verse and are not connected to the marvel hierarchy. fulcrum is either an aspect of TOAA or just the true leader of the celestials. either way, fulcrum is vague and fulcrum hasn't been called again after the dreaming celestial run.

Marvelous_3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT

DCvsMARVEL_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: When you say the beyond ears aren't part of the marvel hierarchy what do you mean by this? That they are not canon? I'm kinda confused by this??

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

LT wins.

No Caption Provided

Funny how he was virtually powerless against those two originally:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flyingcliffs said:

LT wins.

No Caption Provided

He didn't actually hold two megaverses in his hand. The brothers (Yin and Yang) weren't the embodiments of the two megaverses, but rather the guardians. Also, that was a crossover comic which means it was non-canon.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer Morningstar.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ShadowHuntR

Living Tribunal is so powerful that he died.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT wins.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer one shots

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway LT stomps.

16-dimensional god > > > > > > 11-dimensional god

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just pointing this out, LT power's are not unchallengable. Protege and the Beyonders have shown us that. Unless I'm miss understanding something.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stalemate or Lucifer, if he can come up with a plan

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By InsidiousX13

@imperator_nocturne: Lucifer wins!!! This is getting ridiculous Specture and Lt are equal sometimes! That's because The precence controls how powerful Specture is. But Michael and Lucifer are more powerful than specture and Lt!!! Can this argument be resolved all ready!!!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperator_nocturne: Lucifer wins!!! This is getting ridiculous Specture and Lt are equal sometimes! That's because The precence controls how powerful Specture is. But Michael and Lucifer are more powerful than specture and Lt!!! Can this argument be resolved all ready!!!

Equal sometimes? They're not even part of the same company, and crossovers are non-canon.

So just because they're more powerful than the Spectre means they're above LT? That doesn't sound like good logic.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidiousx13 said:

Equal sometimes? They're not even part of the same company, and crossovers are non-canon.

So just because they're more powerful than the Spectre means they're above LT? That doesn't sound like good logic.

Just like the Beyonders are superior to Lucifer because he is equal to LT too right?

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare: I might just made this account last year but I have reading threads on here for years. The ones about Lt. vs Lucifer always annoy me because the fanboys have no proof Lt is stronger but they still only post "LT stomps"!!!! Lucifee has better feats. I'm sorry to ruin the fun fanboys but feats are how we debate around here not opinions and assumptions!!! P.S. This was addressed to Mystic. Sorry about miss click.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidiousx13: LT is second to TOAA therefore he is equal to the second in DC. Some say Presence is second in DC therefore LT equals Presence.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mysticmedivh

@mysticmedivh said:
@insidiousx13 said:

Just like the Beyonders are superior to Lucifer because he is equal to LT too right?

I'm not really getting what you're saying.

Nobody is equal. Not Lucifer, Living Tribunal, Spectre, or the Beyonders.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By iknowwhoyouare
InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After going over few things I change my mind lucifer waves his hand and lt dies

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump and Lucifer I reckon

mejames255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Tribunal wins due to feats. Lucifer's biggest feat is multiverse busting. The Tribunal waved his hand at a multiverse busting object and made it powerless.

Does anyone have Lucifer doing something beyond multiverse busting, because the Living Tribunal can simply wave multiverse busting attacks away.

JayBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate. As someone else posted each one is the second most powerful character in their franchise. They are both just below the Supreme Being of their respective franchise.

When Perpetua screwed up it was Lucifer, Micheal, and Gabriel who actually created the DC Multiverse. LTs feats consists of managing and upgrading the Marvel multiverse which TOAA actually created.

Again tough call because both are in equal ranking of their hierarchy so I say stalemate but also I just dont see Lucifer losing.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

The Living Tribunal is a lot more powerful and versatile. He's closer to TOAA than Lucifer is to God.

No Caption Provided

HoshuaInternn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably LT