This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave three explanations for the people who said "he destroyed one thing at a time". The start of the destruction and the time it ended is 7sec in the vid. If someone argued it was "one by one", that means Brolly is zipping around a galaxy in a spiral formation at hundreds of trillions of times the speed of light, letting out planet, star and system-leveling blasts at ungodly speeds. Which would make him faster than anything in the DBU, and Superman too.

The 2nd would be targeting Everything in the galaxy and firing attacks at them from one location. This would mean Brolly has Cognitive powers beyond any of which any of them could imagine and his attacks would be moving at trillions of times light speed. This would give him a mental clarity on the level of Cosmic Awareness and then some. Which is Unlikely given he was under Paragus' control via the Control Circlet at the time, which kept him in a Restrained power form.

3rd he launched an attack of such force that it ripped across the whole of the galaxy, utterly annihilating it. The destructive force moving faster than the initial attack. Which makes the most sense. Basically like a huge bomb going off in the center of the galaxy and spreading outward. Which is pretty much what we see happening.

So, it comes down to Brolly either possessing speed enough to make Flash, the Runner and the Surfer blush with embarrassment, or he's a galaxy buster in a restricted form.

#52 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it matter? It's a freakin' galaxy! Either Broly is ultra fast or ultra powerful. Or both. Take your pick. Also, if he did it over time, the light from the stars would still take years to reach the camera.

Yeah, and in the second coming he is destroyed when he is BFR'ed in the SUN via FATHER AND SONS KAMEHAMEHA.

#53 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

And in the third movie he... Yeah, let's not go there.

#54 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Broly was starving, dehydrated and frozen in a comet for a decade. He woke up and still beat an SS2. That's on top of the further insulation that the movies aren't canon and therefore violate any number of DB basics.

#55 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite part of that movie was when Trunks wet himself all over Broly.

#56 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Broly was starving, dehydrated and frozen in a comet for a decade. He woke up and still beat an SS2. That's on top of the further insulation that the movies aren't canon and therefore violate any number of DB basics.

Well it can also be argued that because of his SAIYAN Heritage he came back stronger. Recovering from near death battles = power-up

#57 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

Well it can also be argued that because of his SAIYAN Heritage he came back stronger. Recovering from near death battles = power-up

True but it's hard to say he recovered. He was beat into unconsciousness then woke up to fight immediately. I rewatched it a while ago to see if there was time for him to actually heal and there wasn't. I also seem to remember that Saiyans eat so much because it powers their battle power. If Broly was in hibernation, deprived of nutrition and not healed then the second movie can place Broly anywhere you want in terms of his full power. There's enough plausible deniability to explain it as a low showing.

#58 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

My one problem with the movie was that Goku should've played to Vegeta's ego more when it came time to defeat Broly. Would've made more sense than Vegeta just caving in for no apparent reason.

Also, a power level of 10,000 as a NEWBORN should be addressed.

Do not let Vegeta know that. LOLZ

#59 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people really questioning that scene?

I mean, it was pretty clear what the writers were indicating his power level by having him destroy the galaxy. It seems perfectly in line with the whole DBZ always one upping itself. It was the next logical step.

Frieza generates enough power to destroy a planet, Cell generates enough power to destroy himself and a solar system (I know "he merely claimed it with no basis", well guess what, that's how DBZ operates, and we're actually supposed to take those statements at face value unless the characters is shown to be CLEARLY bluffing by how the artist animates them, deal with it), Buu generates enough power to destroy a galaxy planet by planet without ever tiring, then Broly comes along and can destroy a galaxy in a single shot, then Bills comes along is some sort of multi-galaxy buster or whatever the hell he was. I dunno, I lost track after Buu and stopped caring.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#60 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

@misterguyman said:

True but it's hard to say he recovered. He was beat into unconsciousness then woke up to fight immediately. I rewatched it a while ago to see if there was time for him to actually heal and there wasn't. I also seem to remember that Saiyans eat so much because it powers their battle power. If Broly was in hibernation, deprived of nutrition and not healed then the second movie can place Broly anywhere you want in terms of his full power. There's enough plausible deniability to explain it as a low showing.

Broly in his legendary form is always increasing in power. What makes his form so good is that while a regular Super Saiyan gets his multiplier and then has to deal with their power level constantly falling, Brolly has no such weakness.

This would also mean he'd likely not require sleep, healing or perhaps even food.

#62 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@misterguyman said:

@overlordarhas said:

@misterguyman said:

Broly in his legendary form is always increasing in power. What makes his form so good is that while a regular Super Saiyan gets his multiplier and then has to deal with their power level constantly falling, Brolly has no such weakness.

This would also mean he'd likely not require sleep, healing or perhaps even food.

LSSJ form benefits from the increase muscle mass but has no effect in his speed.

#63 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20317 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

I'm finding it hard to believe you know anything about the subject matter when the opening of the movie clearly proves this to us. And this was done while Brolly was in a Restrained Super Saiyan form.

No. Goku was there since Goten made a wish and the Dragonballs made it happen, which is why they were gone when everything was over. It's not like with Cell when Gohan was receiving Telepathic support from Goku. Goku was physically there, and everyone saw him, including Brolly.

Irrelevant. The amount of energy in ones body has nothing to do with the ability to turn into a SS2. The transformations are a multiplication of ones power. What they were doing with Goku was an Addition to his power.

I knew you would use that scene.

The opening scene doesn't clearly prove anything. If it clearly proved anything, we would see Broly generating an energy ball and tossing it into the middle of the Galaxy, thus watching it explode. We would not see what we actually do see in that the Galaxy seemingly ate itself from the middle and spread toward the ends. In fact, I hate to be the beater of bad news, but that was used to exaggerate Broly's power metaphorically - if it was literal, there would be more destructive forces at play.

wow, Galaxy 'ate itself'? And we'd see broly generating an energy ball? The identity was a mystery, remember?

And what is the evidence saying that he didn't? opinion that it's an exaggeration?

I'm not saying broly wins, but I've no idea why people deny the on screen scenes..

#64 Posted by Warcry80 (2143 posts) - - Show Bio

#65 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

Does it matter? It's a freakin' galaxy! Either Broly is ultra fast or ultra powerful. Or both. Take your pick. Also, if he did it over time, the light from the stars would still take years to reach the camera.

Yeah, and in the second coming he is destroyed when he is BFR'ed in the SUN via FATHER AND SONS KAMEHAMEHA.

Trunks was the one responsible for Broly's defeat by cutting him off from his Omega Blaster. Broly is way beyond a SS2.

#66 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Dude, I think you're onto something.

Honestly, it's bad for Broly lowballers either way. And I used to think that Broly was multi-solar-system buster at best, but I'm convinced he's a galaxy buster.

So, either DBZ characters are way faster than what people assume they are, or Broly is a galaxy buster.

So really, I think the galaxy buster would be more likely. Then again, he didn't completely destroy it, so the "going around at massively FTL speeds destroying everything" can still be probable.

#67 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly is such a strange character to properly gauge. For one, he was far stronger than what was assumed to be a fully powered Super Saiyan Goku and moderately more powerful than an inexperienced and weaker SSJ2 Gohan. Both Vegeta and Goku in the Buu saga had significantly surpassed Gohan's power even at the point when he fought Cell (the peak of his SSJ2 power). If we base Broly off his his most recent fight, they should relatively be at the same power level although Broly's is constantly rising so it's expected he will surpass Vegeta rather quickly and then proceed to decimate him.

#68 Posted by xlab3000 (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: I agree Broly is multi-solar system buster and mftl

#69 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: I think they're all MFTL, if there are any that aren't, it's the slightly untrained humans (Like Yamcha) and of course the regular humans.

But I don't think that Broly could move at trillions the speed of light. I know that being in the thousands could be possible. The millions... I don't see happening.

#70 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I clocked Goku's flight speed on Snake Way to around Mach 28 with a PL of 8000. Speed relative to PL, unless otherwise noted deficiency (like USSJ2 muscle mass interfering with movement). Take Brolly's initial power when transforming which was 1.4billion, and we get a mach number of 4.9million. That's like 5.56x lightspeed.

Assuming we went with that, considering Goku's not that gifted a flier and Piccolo was going over Mach 20 when going up to face Raditz and his PL was 410 unweighted. Goku on Nimbus heading to the battle in Saiyan Saga was over Mach 50, which I believe is meant to reflect the Rider's ability since the baseline speed of the Nimbus is Mach 1.5.

So if his actual speed was more along those lines and we follow the multiplication of power, then Brolly would be Mach 8.75million or just shy of 10xFTL.

#71 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: You realize that traverse speed is irrelevant in Dragon Ball, right?

#72 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

No it isn't really since the way the series is done it's all but impossible to determine their Combat/Speed reflexes given the Narrator doesn't explain it and the most we ever had to go by was the speed of one of Piccolo's beams when blasting the moon and knowing that at the time, Nappa and Vegeta could easily evade his level of attack.

We also know that the 1mil km line in DBZ regarding the length of Snake Way was a random number issued by Toriyama since he never really thought about it, however the intention was it was supposed to extend from the Check-In station to King Kai's planet which was at one corner of Otherworld/Heaven which is the size of a universe. So the actual distance Goku had to cover could be considerably greater than what was mentioned.

Yet without full clarification from Toriyama on how great that distance really is, we only have that one line in the manga to go by.

#73 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the reason traverse speed isn't exactly reliable is because:

• Traverse Speed is irrelevant as it is only done to further the plot in Dragonball , Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT
  • PROOF: If Popo’s Carpet can travel the Earth in an Instant why did they not use that to get Goku to the Saiyan fight quicker and prevent Kami's demise?

• If Kami can Teleport Goku why not use that to get him to the fight? Arguably because that warping power is limited to taking ppl between worlds.
  • Further Proof: Master Roshi is fast enough that he can see and catch machine gun bullets (in the Dragonball universe the faster you are the faster things you can see) we know that Roshi actually sees the bullets because bullets are inanimate objects and therefore lack ki:
  • AND Goku by the 2nd World Martial Arts Tournament he enters, moves so fast that Roshi (looking head on like the bullet) and everyone else looking from every perspective (360°) and varying distances (because it is not a proximity issue) cannot see him! He is moving so fast that he is invisible and only an echo of his movements can be detected.
  • A bullet from an AK-47 moves at 715 m/s, since Roshi cannot see him Goku must be going faster than the bullet.
  • If Goku could only go that fast in DragonBall Z and did not get faster from this Tournament to when he fights King Piccolo and then trains with Kami and fights Piccolo it would take Goku 1,398,601 seconds to cross snake way or 16 days going all out no stops (assuming Goku only ran 6 hours a day it would take him still 96 days or just over 3 months) BUT it takes Goku nearly 6 months to get to King Kai's (in the manga he does not fall off)
  • So his speed would have to have gotten slower and reduced all the way down to 63m/s! WHAT?

63 m/s! THAT's SO MUCH SLOWER THAN BEING UNABLE TO DETECT WITH THE NAKED EYE.

Anyone, even those not trained using Ki, can see Nascar drivers going 143.164mph or 63m/s! Thus Goku at the World Martial Arts Tournament is going faster as a child than as an adult?

1,000,000,000 m/15,724,800seconds=63m/s

1,000,000,000m=1,000,000km

Seconds in 6 months= 182 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds= 15,724,800 second

How can that be? How can Goku be faster than bullets as a kid YET SLOWER as and adult?

It's illogical!

Because Goku gets faster even in Dragon Ball.

• Not to mention there are tons of loops and straightaways in the distance. And none of the spikes were ever drawn to scale or are drawn the same

Besides, there are tons of better speed feats to use, like Goku's half the globe Namek feat for instance.

Sorry for the mini blog, but I just wanted to clear it up.

#74 Edited by xlab3000 (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

broly is star buster and mftl in my opinion

#75 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: I can see Broly as Multi-Solar System buster at best. I don't see how he could be on par with Bills though, as it is clearly evidenced in the movie, Broly is not in Bills' League. The "Speeding Around the Galaxy and Blowing Everything Up at MFTL Speeds" just seems more reliable in my opinion.

#76 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@xlab3000: I can see Broly as Multi-Solar System buster at best. I don't see how he could be on par with Bills though, as it is clearly evidenced in the movie, Broly is not in Bills' League. The "Speeding Around the Galaxy and Blowing Everything Up at MFTL Speeds" just seems more reliable in my opinion.

And given it took 7sec to complete the destruction would make Brolly trillions of times faster than light. Making him the Fastest character in the DBU and he would utterly demolish Birus like nothing since no one else in the entirety of the DBU even remotely would be able to replicate that level of speed.

So no, it doesn't fit. Brolly is a galaxy-buster.

#77 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: You have a point. I still believe Broly is massively above light speed but we have to remember that he didn't completely destroy it. There was still some planets and stars left. Hell, the entire movie took place in that galaxy. And obviously there was a star left seeing as how none of them froze to death on that planet.

#78 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually King Kai said the South Galaxy was finished. And it was never said they were in the South Galaxy, only that Goku had gone to that area to try and find where the LSSJ was.

This is something I had explained on other threads. Even assuming the entirety of the South Galaxy wasn't vaporized, the only remaining stars and worlds would be on the Outer Rim edges of the galaxy. And even those, as may be evidence by Goku, were completely devastated with no life on them. Everything was destroyed and the force that had been unleashed had been so powerful that Goku could still sense Brolly's energy on those worlds.

This was still done while Brolly was in a Restricted form due to the Control Circlet. Therefore it is no stretch to say that if Brolly had been at his full power, there wouldn't have been anything left and as the LSSJ he is a complete galaxy buster.

#79 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: You bring up an excellent point. Although, I don't understand how he would be destroyed by Goten and Gohan's Kamehameha, especially with that zenkai boost. Which brings up the question how far Broly would be considered by characters at the end of DBZ and GT. Considering Goku was a dimension buster in GT, Broly would probably be destroyed by Goku.

#80 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

As said before, Goku was there adding his power as well. It was SS2 Gohan, SS2 Goku and SSJ Goten and they were all failing. Without a Plot-Device intervention via Trunks disrupting Brolly's attack, they all would've died. And their combined Family Kamehameha didn't even actually hurt Brolly. It was the gravity, pressure and heat of the Sun that got him.

Also GT is non-canon and the Battle of Gods movie made that official. Also I've seen the PL numbers some believe make up the GT characters and they are terrible. They put Omega Shenron at 2.9 billion. If that was true, Goku as a SS3 would've kicked the hell out of him easily. The only reason why that wouldn't be the case is if the entire DB cast, Goku included, had gotten massively weaker after the end of DBZ. And thanks to the BoG movie, we know they didn't.

Given certain events in the series and some estimations thanks to the movies, Goku's base power at the start of the Android Saga would be around 10million. Even if Goku remained at that Base Level, with a SS3 boost of 500x base level, his Power as a SS3 would be 5billion. Which would make him stronger than Omega Shenron. Nvm the SS4 boon which is 4000x base. That would put Goku at 40billion. More than ten times as powerful as Omega Shenron. And yet GT, being such a failure that it was, required Goku and Vegeta both at SS4's and fused into Gogeta to overpower Omega Shenron.

And this is why we don't use GT. Because it's crap.

#82 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: How? Omega Shenron was a universe buster as stated by tons of characters in the series. And we have no proof that GT is considered canon because of the movie. Plus, PL are useless, they've been useless for quite a while. Feats and confirmed statements > Power Levels.

#83 Edited by Marshall_Long (2437 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah GT is way too Inconsistent I didn't understand how fusing two Android 17's made him Stronger than a Super Saiyan 4 when Logically he shouldn't even be Stronger than Cell, and another was base Goku struggling to hold up a Building, he was moving stuff that weighed more than that in Dragonball.

#84 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

No, OS was never a universe buster. And you know the Kai's and everyone else says the same thing about every villain. Mirai Trunks says the same thing about Brolly in Movie 8. King Kai says the same about Freeza and Cell and yadda yadda yadda. It's Hyperbole.

As far as Confirmed Feats go, Brolly busted a galaxy. We saw it. It's confirmed. Omega Shenron never destroyed the universe. Goku as a SS4 could barely hold up a few buildings and was cut by glass. GT is a wildly inconsistent and poorly written series. And with the introduction of Super Saiyan God, that removes the possibility of SS4. Also, Gohan went SSJ in GT. He maintained his Mystic status in Battle of Gods.

Also they changed Krillin's hair in BoG. Which is another notable difference between the future Toriyama envisioned and that other people tried to make.

#85 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai:

In GT on at least 1 Ocassion Omega states he can blow up the universe (see above) and in 2 seperate instances other characters confirm Omega can blow up the universe and has actually blown up galaxies in the past: http://www.chia-anime.com/dbgt/watch-dragon-ball-gt-episode-48.html

(6:50) Popo:

Dub:

“Many Years ago I heard of an evil Dragon appearing on the planet Amos. Shortly after Amos and every planet and star in its galaxy were destroyed.”

Subtitles:

“Popo heard of that. Long, long ago, Evil Dragon appeared on other planet. It said that planet soon destroyed, then all of cosmos around that planet wiped out.”

(4:10) Grand Elder Kai:

Dub

“That Creature and the Creatures that it spawned are not only capable of destroying the Earth BUT the entire universe as well!!”

Subtitles

“If you leave those guys alone they will destroy not only Earth, but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE!"

#86 Posted by reikai (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, hyperbole. They said the same about Freeza and Brolly and nearly every other villain. Also, Omega Shenron's negative force would not one-shot the universe. It's a Gradual Effect, that would happen over time. Like Kid Buu destroying a galaxy over years. This is no different. Which makes it infinitely less impressive as compared to actually one-shotting a galaxy.

And since GT is non-canon and nothing in GT is even remotely related to Vegeta and Goku as they are now, it's completely irrelevant.

#87 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Again, hyperbole. They said the same about Freeza and Brolly and nearly every other villain. Also, Omega Shenron's negative force would not one-shot the universe. It's a Gradual Effect, that would happen over time. Like Kid Buu destroying a galaxy over years. This is no different. Which makes it infinitely less impressive as compared to actually one-shotting a galaxy.

And since GT is non-canon and nothing in GT is even remotely related to Vegeta and Goku as they are now, it's completely irrelevant.

Yeah, and I hate what they did to TRUNKS in GT, they turned hi into a sissy.

#88 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Even still, Kid Buu destroying a galaxy over the years is insanely impressive because of how long it would take as stated by you above.

As for the OS Universe Busting business, why should we place restrictions on something we don't even know is true. It was never contradicted in GT and we know that SSJ4 Gogeta was insanely OP, so how would it be hyperbole?

#89 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Even still, Kid Buu destroying a galaxy over the years is insanely impressive because of how long it would take as stated by you above.

As for the OS Universe Busting business, why should we place restrictions on something we don't even know is true. It was never contradicted in GT and we know that SSJ4 Gogeta was insanely OP, so how would it be hyperbole?

In the FLASH BACK Scene of the 1st movie, we see Broly age. So that should iake care of OS issue, Still a great feat considering the amount of ground he needs to cover.

#90 Posted by Geistmesser (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Broly surviving a SSJ2 Vegeta, sorry Broly fans. My vote won't change.

#91 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Broly surviving a SSJ2 Vegeta, sorry Broly fans. My vote won't change.

Majin Vegeta is Stronger.

#92 Edited by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

@geistmesser said:

Majin Vegeta is Stronger.

I know. Why state that? Nevermind, read that wrong. But I meant Majin.

#93 Posted by SirMethos (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Broly has never "busted" a galaxy. He has destroyed most of the life in one. If he had destroyed the galaxy, the movie would not take place in that same galaxy, after the fact.

2. Broly was defeated by a tired Goku, who got the power of Krillin, Piccolo, Gohan, Trunks and Vegeta, who were all worn out, and had almost no energy left. Not exactly impressive.

3. The Broly movie takes place in the wait before the Cell games, which puts his power level at slightly below that of Cell during the Cell Games.

4. Even a relatively small difference in power level, makes a huge difference.

Majin Vegeta wins, easily. He is more powerful, more skilled, and more experienced.

#94 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

So the narrator was lying?

#95 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I just rewatched that piece of junk movie and the movie takes place on planet New Vegeta, and he missed that other planet. He may not have obliterated every single part of the South Galaxy, but there wasn't any indication there was much left.

#96 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Just re watched the Buu Saga.

A little info, according to Babidi, a warrior with a 300 Killies (Do not know how to spell it) is already a Planet Buster. When he measured Goku at SSJ1 (Relaxed), his power level is already 3,000.

So it is possible that Broly can destroy multiple Planets at one go.

#97 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the ease with which he shattered that other planet, I believe it.

#98 Edited by SirMethos (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Where, exactly, would the narrator be lying?

The narrator says that the South Galaxy is "under attack". Follow by Kai who says "T-then the south galaxy is really being...". Being, present tense, as in, it's still there. I.e. Broly might(most likely will) destroy the South Galaxy eventually, at the rate he's going, but he hasn't done it yet..

At no point in the movie, does anyone actually say that the South Galaxy has been destroyed.

#99 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we watching the same movie? It clearly said "has been shattered" to which king Kai said, "it's all gone"

#100 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

Where, exactly, would the narrator be lying?

The narrator says that the South Galaxy is "under attack". Follow by Kai who says "T-then the south galaxy is really being...". Being, present tense, as in, it's still there. I.e. Broly might(most likely will) destroy the South Galaxy eventually, at the rate he's going, but he hasn't done it yet..

At no point in the movie, does anyone actually say that the South Galaxy has been destroyed.

I think that he is destroying the said Galaxy gradually. He finally destroyed it when he was an adult. That is what I think.