• Guts(Pre-Berserker armor)
  • Medusa
  • Zuko
  • Ganta
  • Shikamaru(No Shadow Strangle)

vs @betatesthighlander1

Rules:

• - Each team gets 3 hours of prep.
  • - As always, you must use feats to back up your character.
  • - If characters chosen have any feuds with other characters on the team it will be taken into account. Besides this it will be assumed they've known and worked with their team for years.
  • - They will not have stuff they can't access from wherever they are. Such as having something built into a home, they will not have access to it. This is even if they would have a way to access it remotely.
  • - Everyone will be in character, if you bring in something that a character would only use a last resort or against morals, it will not be counted.
  • - Battles will be to death or incapacitation. There will be no BFR wins allowed.
  • - All battle areas will be considered void of beings with the exception of the teams. Any other object that would normally be there will be there and can be used if acquired.

Battlemap:Republic City(Legend of Korra)

Each team will start on opposite ends of the city as soon as the fight begins.

• 10 days will be given to debate for this section.
  • No 'post within a certain time' limit.

Extra Units:(the previous units are cleared) you can only choose one of the options.

• 4 standard equalists(the ones that usually go after pressure points)
  • 5 of Lin Beifongs metal-bending police with standard equip
  • 5 standard fire benders from the original Avatar series
  • 5 standard water-benders from the Northern Water Tribe from the original Avatar series
#2 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: thanks

I think I'm gonna go with the metalbenders as well

do you want to open strategies, or would you rather I did it?

#8 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by dondave (38563 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good

#10 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Okay so lets start

Finding Your team

Now finding should relatively easy,considering I have Medusa and the metal bending police. Medusa will be able to scout the city with the hundreds of snake familiars

^they're backward btw

now add that with this with the fact that being the police the metal benders should have obvious knowledge and the cover more aerial views, and that most of your team would probably stick out lick a sore thumb.

Prep/Attack

Now after locating your team won't just blindingly attack, considering most of my team are really good with plans and prep. So here the plan Medusa,after finding your team, will guide her team toward yours with her vector guides.

backwards again

No when my team is close enough to your,with out being scene that when the ATTACK starts first,at a far enough distance,with Ganta supersonic blood shot that pack a hell of a punch and as very precise.

note Ganta blood was precise enough to hit a small piece of candy with difficult ,and even becomes better at it.

Now the force of the blood shot,or Ganta gun won't kill anyone but it being a shot at the speed of sound will definitely put greatly injure everyone he shot(which considering it's only 9 people he can shoot every)

Now with you're team Guts would easily cut though you're team while they're down with his dragon slayer.

#16 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

hmmm

Ash is indestructable enough taht he'll probably resist that blood thing just fine

Dutch has stood in proximaty to bigger explosions than that

and Xanatos has armor on

as for Guts, Conan has stood up against guys with weapons as big as that and come out on top

our prep

since we're on the defensive, i guess my guys just set up battlements to effectively use their long-range wepaons while we have Xanatos firing form the sky, and we'll have our equalists standing in the shadows to strike at your metalbenders (and Zuko) when they come near

Ash will undoubtedly use his prep to build some giant ridiculous death machine

and to clarify his speed in that sort of thing

we will use our ranged weaponry (J's space guns and Alan's assault rifle/grenade launcher combo) to take out your guys from a distance

anyone who gets close to us will have to deal with the walking death-machine that is Conan of Cimmeria (and Ash to I guess)

Xabtos will be flying above your team, making sure that he sees everything taht goes on, and using his wrist-mounted lasers on anyone who causes to much trouble

#17 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander

Ash is indestructable enough taht he'll probably resist that blood thing just fine

Dutch has stood in proximaty to bigger explosions than that

and Xanatos has armor on

as for Guts, Conan has stood up against guys with weapons as big as that and come out on top

1. 1. Can I see some of Ash resistance
  2. 2.It wouldn't be the explosion that's hurt him it's be the sonic blood aimed directly at his chest that hurt him.
  3. Xanatos..hmm I'll come to that later.
  4. It has nothing with the size of the weapons it the User

since we're on the defensive, i guess my guys just set up battlements to effectively use their long-range wepaons while we have Xanatos firing form the sky, and we'll have our equalists standing in the shadows to strike at your metalbenders (and Zuko) when they come near

Ganta would shoot all your equalists down before they even would make it to my metalbenders(Zuko) and even if that a problem I still have Shikamaru who could completely make them useless with his shadow possession justsu

then they're just sitting ducks. Now having my METALBENDERS still around Ash death machine and Xanatos armor is pretty moot,now if Xanatos tries to fly up he'll get sent down by Medusa Vector bullets

Now Medusa could surround your team, or continue to put them under them it will be next to impossible for your team really do any since they'll constantly be moving around against they're will; add that with the fact that Medusa can also fly with her broom stick.

From the sky Medusa could easily use her vector arrow's,they would cut though all non armored members of your team easily.

#18 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: I didn't realize you responded (sorry)

1. 1. Can I see some of Ash resistance
  2. 2.It wouldn't be the explosion that's hurt him it's be the sonic blood aimed directly at his chest that hurt him.
  3. Xanatos..hmm I'll come to that later.
  4. It has nothing with the size of the weapons it the User

2. well, a direct hit probably but he's not just gonna be standing out in the open

3. okay

4. do I need to post a feat dump for Conan?

Ganta would shoot all your equalists down before they even would make it to my metalbenders(Zuko) and even if that a problem I still have Shikamaru who could completely make them useless with his shadow possession justsu

that's the thing, my equalists will be hiding, and they won;t reveal themselves except to negate the bending of Zuko and teh metalbenders

then they're just sitting ducks. Now having my METALBENDERS still around Ash death machine and Xanatos armor is pretty moot,now if Xanatos tries to fly up he'll get sent down by Medusa Vector bullets

yeah, my equalists are gonna cancel your metal-benders, their going to jump out when you least expect it and hit their pressure points

as for the vector bullets, seems like they take longer than just shooting someone with a LASER

Now Medusa could surround your team, or continue to put them under them it will be next to impossible for your team really do any since they'll constantly be moving around against they're will; add that with the fact that Medusa can also fly with her broom stick.

From the sky Medusa could easily use her vector arrow's,they would cut though all non armored members of your team easily.

hmmm, seems like she needs to draw something on the ground to do that

we're gonna be preparing a base while she's coming, so I don;t see her managing to do that

on her broomstick Xanatos should be able to take her out

and we have lost of guys with ranged weapons, why couldn't we just shoot her before she can get very close?

#19 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11536 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

It'd be cool but in the Guts feats will probably be on top

that's the thing, my equalists will be hiding, and they won;t reveal themselves except to negate the bending of Zuko and teh metalbendersas for the vector bullets, seems like they take longer than just shooting someone with a LASER

The moment they come out they'll be shot down instantly, but even with out my metal benders Ash machine would be nigh impossible for him to operate with it being moved around against the users will via Vector bullet also she can summon them almost instantly.

we're gonna be preparing a base while she's coming, so I don;t see her managing to do that

and we have lost of guys with ranged weapons, why couldn't we just shoot her before she can get very close?

• No she can summon them in the air as well

An as brought up before it's gonna be hard to coordinate attack while being moved around, and it's not like the rest of her team who could fight them off,shoot them at sonic speeds,and controll and impale them using shadows, are gonna just sit around letting you're guy attack her and she could defend her self with vector stream shield.

#21 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

It'd be cool but in the Guts feats will probably be on top

okay then

well, the guy regularly fights

Dinosaurs

Giant apes

professional stranglers(who ahd been trained since birth to strangle) (at strangling)

Demonic abominations

Frost Giants

Bulls (with his bare hands, he was around 15 when he did this)

killed the greatest swordsman on earth

"Zaporavo was the veteran of a thousand fights by sea and by land. There was no man in the world more deeply and thoroughly versed than he in the lore of swordcraft. But he had never been pitted against a blade wielded by thews bred in the wild lands beyond the borders of civilization. Against his fighting-craft was matched blinding speed and strength impossible to a civilized man. Conan's manner of fighting was unorthodox, but instinctive and natural as that of a timber wolf. The intricacies of the sword were as useless against his primitive fury as a human boxer's skill against the onslaughts of a panther. Fighting as he had never fought before, straining every last ounce of effort to parry the blade that flickered like lightning about his head, Zaporavo in desperation caught a full stroke near his hilt, and felt his whole arm go numb beneath the terrific impact. That stroke was instantly followed by a thrust with such terrible drive behind it that the sharp point ripped through chain-mail and ribs like paper, to transfix the heart beneath. Zaporavo's lips writhed in brief agony, but, grim to the last, he made no sound. He was dead before his body relaxed on the trampled grass, where blood drops glittered like spilt rubies in the sun. Conan shook the red drops from his sword, grinned with unaffected pleasure, stretched like a huge cat..."

did..this

battles large groups all at once

as he's pretty good at the whole "fighting" thing

that's the thing, my equalists will be hiding, and they won;t reveal themselves except to negate the bending of Zuko and teh metalbendersas for the vector bullets, seems like they take longer than just shooting someone with a LASER

The moment they come out they'll be shot down instantly, but even with out my metal benders Ash machine would be nigh impossible for him to operate with it being moved around against the users will via Vector bullet also she can summon them almost instantly.

that could be difficult

but given that we know about your team, he would probably build something more stationary

• No she can summon them in the air as well

An as brought up before it's gonna be hard to coordinate attack while being moved around, and it's not like the rest of her team who could fight them off,shoot them at sonic speeds,and controll and impale them using shadows, are gonna just sit around letting you're guy attack her and she could defend her self with vector stream shield.

well, Dutch has an automatic weapon, so that would be useful against her, I think if all of our gun guys shot, they'd hit her at least by chance; alternatively, we could try to anchor them in place to prevent that kind of thing from working

and Ash is no stranger to effectively aiming a gun while moving in a way he can't control

#22 Edited by dondave (38563 posts) - - Show Bio

When does voting start?

#23 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10370 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by dondave (38563 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10370 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to give this one to TGWTH. None of the Ash durability feats were all that impressive, and none of them were against the sort of damage he would be taking here, either. I was more convinced by Headphones' response to the Equalists than I was Beta's use of them, and I was more convinced in general by TGWTH's counterpoints.

#28 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the use of Ash Williams here btw.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#29 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: what was that about Ash's durability?

@floopay: is that a vote for me?

#30 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: The durability feats posted for Ash seemed insufficient to counter the damage output shown by TGWTHP.

#31 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: well, I guess it's to late to actually change anything

but

totally survived getting slapped by zombie Sentry

#32 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: what was that about Ash's durability?

@floopay: is that a vote for me?

I actually will side with you on this one. I think both teams neglected a few of their own characters, and should have expanded on more than they did. However, with what information at hand Conan is going to be a beast to conquer in and of himself.

I forgot how ridiculous Conan is...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#33 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10370 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

who do you vooooooooooooooooote for?

#38 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio