• 132 results
Trigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trigon

Movie Versions. Win by Death. No prep. Fight takes place outside of Hogwarts. Thor has hammer. Who wins?

No Caption Provided
SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SSJLozza

Thor picks his teeth with the elder wand over Voldemort's charred remains.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By afueikawa

Spite?

Is Voldemort magic > of Thor's?

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Thor would win.

I mean in the first movie Thor took out the Destroyer for crying out loud. Voldemort couldnt beat either of those two.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xanni15

Spite? Voldy can't truly die due to his horcruxes. Also, Thor seemed like he intentionally took hits to prove himself, if Voldy fires off a killing curse, if it works Thor's out of business,

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowPro

VOLDEMORT STOMPS

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWind

Repeated thunderblasts to the face.

GG Voldy.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hksaru

You think Voldemort hasn't contended with lightning bolts before lol? That won't KO Voldey. And he has the mobility to avoid Thor for some time. He can also do some damage to Thor himself. But eventually Thor will tag him, his durability is far superior to anything Voldemort has faced.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

Thor. He`s fought worse and he`s not a mere wizard or human but a god, I don`t think Voldemort can put him down.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

Thor ftw

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kellar21

I really doubt the Killing Curse would work on a god,or that Mjolnir wouldn't be able to deflect it,also Vody can be killed by firearms,Thor will slaugther him.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Kellar21 said:

I really doubt the Killing Curse would work on a god,or that Mjolnir wouldn't be able to deflect it,also Vody can be killed by firearms,Thor will slaugther him.

Wut.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XxGin

Thors a god voltemore a guy who got his nose blew off BY THOR

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kellar21

By killed I meant his actual body,not permanently(unless he is without horcruxes). JK Rowling said that wizards can be killed by weapons,after all they are still humans with magic,the problem is hitting them.

And Mjolnir is very precise and I don't thik Voldemort can stop it.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Kellar21 said:

By killed I meant his actual body,not permanently(unless he is without horcruxes). JK Rowling said that wizards can be killed by weapons,after all they are still humans with magic,the problem is hitting them.

And Mjolnir is very precise and I don't thik Voldemort can stop it.

I have to look into that last bit, but as I recall Voldermort wasn't just any wizard. The whole point of his existence in the series was that he couldn't die.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kellar21

Yes he could, it's just that he would keep coming back thanks to the horcruxes so even if you shot him in the head he would be able to come back after some time.But it would put him down for some time.

One of the main points is that even with all their magic, wizards were still humans.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rpottage

Does Voldemort's magic work? If not it's spite, so I'll assume it works.

In which case Voldemort wins. Voldemort tends to go right for the kill (he's kind of a dick that way, constantly killing people with his favorite spell); whereas Thor tends to be more slow in getting to the actual fight. He's start swinging his weapon, or fly up in the air, or call forth his magic; do something that takes a few seconds while Voldemort would use Avada Kedavra right away. So if his magic works I think Voldemort would win it simply because he'd go for the kill right away and has an auto-kill spell.

In any fight that takes more than a few seconds or where Voldemort can't just auto-kill then Thor just murderstomps him.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Kellar21 said:

Yes he could, it's just that he would keep coming back thanks to the horcruxes so even if you shot him in the head he would be able to come back after some time.But it would put him down for some time.

One of the main points is that even with all their magic, wizards were still humans.

That is still not death. The rules are "fight to the death". Voldemort can't die unless his horcruxes are destroyed. In the set HP universe that is the ONLY way to kill Voldemort.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By afueikawa

Bifrost for the kill, together with the entire humanity. ROFL

Mjolnir is very precise in hitting its target, if Voldemort got hit, hes done. Well for 11 years, more or less.

How about Loki vs Voldemort next time, both are excellent wizards / sorcerer.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

Voldemort can't die, actually. The rules are win by death and Voldemort isn't dying with those Horcruxes around.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kellar21

@ShootingNova

His physical body can still be detroyed,it took him 11 years to recover,the don't die part means that his soul wouldn't leave the world.

Newjackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Newjackman

Thor is obviously much stronger, but sometimes I wonder what defence Thor has against Avada Kedavra. The killing spell is supposed to be instant and unblockable.

@ShootingNova said:

Voldemort can't die, actually. The rules are win by death and Voldemort isn't dying with those Horcruxes around.

Ah, good point, I had forgotten about those horcruxes.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Newjackman:

I wonder what defence Thor has against Avada Kedavra. The killing spell is supposed to be instant and unblockable.

can the spell works on a Thunder GOD?

JohnofGalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By JohnofGalactus

THOR WINS that white skull

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xanni15

@Kellar21 said:

@ShootingNova

His physical body can still be detroyed,it took him 11 years to recover,the don't die part means that his soul wouldn't leave the world.

So? His physical body died (from a killing curse rebounding against him) but Voldy is still alive, and this is assuming Thor can hit him, which is no guarantee.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xanni15

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Newjackman:

I wonder what defence Thor has against Avada Kedavra. The killing spell is supposed to be instant and unblockable.

There's no way of knowing.

rolalowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rolalowe

everybody really forgets about voldy's intangability. This one is a clear victory by Voldy, specifically because of movie Thor. Also Voldy's natural wand is not the elder wand, and his actual wand wouuld perform much better for him as it is actually loyal. The elder wand fights him because it is actually harry's wand.

If we get in to the comc Thor.... Thor murderstomps, but OP siad movie thor.

ascenscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ascenscion

Assuming the killing curse is final, as it kills every living thing it touches, this battle is quite interesting. Thor is vastly physically superior but Voldemort has the imperius curse, which could hold Thor for some time. Whilst holding Thor he could just slam him with A-K. Crucio to create time. Apparate to escape, could avoid Thor head-on forever. Voldemort has also shown he could easily block Mjolnir or lightning through spells; in the HP world, shields like protego and others block *all* physical damage, as they negate the physical laws of the universe. Mjolnir's power would mean nothing. I think it's 70/30 Voldemort's favour.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@Kellar21 said:

@ShootingNova

So? The rules are specifically win by death.

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Newjackman:

These questions need to stop being asked. It's impossible to determine whether or not they are really going to affect another being in another universe; we should just consider that it does unless we know for a fact that a similarly powerful spell as been resisted by that character.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kellar21

LOL at people saying Voldy can block Mjolnir and Thor's magic thunderbolts.You forget the hammer is made to fight magical beings.

Odin's Magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Voldermort's magic.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By steelhound56

@Kellar21 said:

LOL at people saying Voldy can block Mjolnir and Thor's magic thunderbolts.You forget the hammer is made to fight magical beings.

Odin's Magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Voldermort's magic.

this

Odin is a Skyfather level being. Voldemort, for all his power, is a mere mortal.

Mjolnir's magical ability .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Voldemort's Wand's magical ability

And who's to say Thor's armor couldnt tank a few Avada Kedarvas? His armor is magical in nature as well, as seen when it is stripped from him by Odin.

I just dont see Voldemort winning this. As powerful as he is, movie Thor is a bit out of his league.

He's physically stronger by an incomprehensible degree. I doubt the Imperius Curse would be able to hold him at all.

Wields a more powerful magical weapon

Has INSANE durability. I doubt Crucio would affect him the same way it would a Human, as Asgardians have different, far more dense physiology. Plus, Thor tanked a hit from Hulk and didnt seem to be in any pain at all.

Thor wins via an unexpected hammer throw that crushes Voldemort's skull

Thor waits around for 11 years until Voldemort comes back, then frys him with a magical lightning storm.

rinse and repeat

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Thor takes the wizard.

namezero12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By namezero12345

wins by death...

the only one who can really kill the other is Voldy

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dextersinister

Thor pulps Voldy into ugly baby form.

Thor wins this 999/1000 if he finds the cruxes at his leisure or finds something to feed Voldemort's soul to and loses if he dies up until that point which is unlikely.

dsg651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dsg651

Voldemort.

This is a wizard who can teleport in a second, has superhuman reflexes, can fly, turn into intangible smoke, not to mention mind-control, telekinesis, and cast massive area effect spells like miniature bombs going off. All with a casual flick of the wrist. I'm not exaggerating, these are all documented feats. Thor's relevant assets are lightning and Mjolnir. Well Mjolnir is weak; it couldn't even dent Iron Man! Thor's freaking headbutt did more damage. So it's safe to say a shield charm will stop it, if Voldemort doesn't disapparate out of the way.

As for lightning, Thor has to pause, raise his hammer and call it down from the heavens, and then cast it. Voldemort won't stand around letting him do this, he'll pelt him with spells.

Seriously you've picked the most powerful wizard with a huge arsenal. Thor is good but his performance with Hulk, Iron Man, and even Loki show he's doesn't have the tools to deal with Voldemort's diverse array of powers.

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Marksman

Powered Thor wins

Mortal Thor would probably lose, although he seemed to show reflexes capable of dodging the Avada Kedavra.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kellar21

@dsg651

Well Mjolnir is weak; it couldn't even dent Iron Man!

Couldn't even dent?It thrashed him,didn't you saw his HUD indicating the chest piece and many others in red showing structural damage.He wasn't trying to kill him and even then Iron Man's suit was at 400% energy.And when Thor went serious he swated him away,his repulsors even at 400% and at point blank range it doesn't even hurt him.It was able to drop The Destroyer to the ground.

Are you seriously saying that Mjolnir can't kill Voldemort if it hits him?Are you seriously comparing Odin's power to Voldemort's?That weapon was forged in a dieing star,it threw hulk back,it's lightinig destroyed three of those big ships and dozens of chitauri soldiers in those flying vehicles,are you saying Voldemort has more durability?

Also I am pretty sure Thor could hit Voldy controlling the hammer with his mind.And I don't think Avada Kedavra can get past his armor or even kill Thor,he is a god after all and Voldemort is a mortal wizard(a powerful one but mortal after all).You have no proof the killing curse can kill an asgardian,especially the son of Odin.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor splatters Tom.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor kills Voldemort with some difficulty, i doubt the killing curse will work on a demigod, since it doesnt work on the likes of giants or dragons who like thor are durable and tough. After Thor kills voldemort he consults the help of dumbledore and finds the horcruxes and deystroys them, this is exactly like voldemort vs sauron.

dsg651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dsg651

@Kellar21: He hit Iron Man several times square in the chest with Mjolnir and while he got thrown back a few times his suit was undamaged. Who cares about his HUD, Mjolnir failed to visibly dent his armour. Then in the next scene Thor headbutts him and puts a big dent in his helmet, so that's arguably more powerful than Mjolnir.

Voldemort has the power to match a lightning blast from Mjolnir. Watch the scene where he destroyed the shield in HP7.2. A barrier which held up agaist spells from dozens (hundreds?) of wizards was destroyed instantly with Voldemort's spell. In HP7.1 he lit up the sky with a blast that looked on par with Thor's lightning. He was just casually showing off in that scene. If you put him in Thor's place in front of the Chitauri he could probably wreck them with a similar spell.

But it's pointless arguing about lightning because Thor won't get a chance to cast it. It takes time and effort to use that spell. Voldemort could teleport behind him and cast a death spell, Cruciatus curse, freeze him in his armour so he can't throw the hammer, Imperius him, etc.

Couldn't even dent?It thrashed him,didn't you saw his HUD indicating the chest piece and many others in red showing structural damage.He wasn't trying to kill him and even then Iron Man's suit was at 400% energy.And when Thor went serious he swated him away,his repulsors even at 400% and at point blank range it doesn't even hurt him.It was able to drop The Destroyer to the ground.
Are you seriously saying that Mjolnir can't kill Voldemort if it hits him?Are you seriously comparing Odin's power to Voldemort's?That weapon was forged in a dieing star,it threw hulk back,it's lightinig destroyed three of those big ships and dozens of chitauri soldiers in those flying vehicles,are you saying Voldemort has more durability?
Also I am pretty sure Thor could hit Voldy controlling the hammer with his mind.And I don't think Avada Kedavra can get past his armor or even kill Thor,he is a god after all and Voldemort is a mortal wizard(a powerful one but mortal after all).You have no proof the killing curse can kill an asgardian,especially the son of Odin.
18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 18hunt

Thor

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LubeMan

@Xanni15 said:

Spite? Voldy can't truly die due to his horcruxes. Also, Thor seemed like he intentionally took hits to prove himself, if Voldy fires off a killing curse, if it works Thor's out of business,

Thor deflects anything with Mjolnir, Voldy isn't touching him with any curse, which leaves him screwed, imo.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xanni15

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

Thor kills Voldemort with some difficulty, i doubt the killing curse will work on a demigod, since it doesnt work on the likes of giants or dragons who like thor are durable and tough. After Thor kills voldemort he consults the help of dumbledore and finds the horcruxes and deystroys them, this is exactly like voldemort vs sauron.

Where do you get that the killing curse doesn't work on Giants? And that's not the only spell Voldy has at his disposal. If (and I'm assuming it will work) it doesn't work, there's thousands of spells he could use instead.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xanni15

@LubeMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

Thor deflects anything with Mjolnir, Voldy isn't touching him with any curse, which leaves him screwed, imo.

What makes you say that? Voldy's reaction speed/ combat speed>>>>>>>> Thor's speed.

Thor's most impressive speed feat is what, flying the entire bridge?

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LubeMan

@Xanni15 said:

@LubeMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

What makes you say that? Voldy's reaction speed/ combat speed>>>>>>>> Thor's speed.

Thor was deflecting Destroyers laser blasts while whirling his hammer in the air, I would put his reaction speed above Voldy's, but that's just me.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Xanni15

@LubeMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

@LubeMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

Thor was deflecting Destroyers laser blasts while whirling his hammer in the air, I would put his reaction speed above Voldy's, but that's just me.

Fair enough.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LubeMan

Not only is he lifting the destroyer of the ground but deflecting the destroyer's blasts with ease all at the same time while creating the vortex, lifting him and fighting him in it. I really don't see anything Voldermort has that tops the destroyer, in power, speed or otherwise, imo.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Epicbeast3000

Good bye voldemort.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers