#1 Edited by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle takes place at abandoned Hogwarts castle. Both characters morals off, bloodlusted. Voldemort has elder wand and Darth Sidious has the Force. Who will win?

Voldemort has 2 death eaters( Barty Crouch Jr. & Bellatrix Lestrange) to aid him in battle if necessary. Adding on, Professor Dumbledore has returned from the dead to aid Voldemort in this battle. See if this helps.

#2 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just guessing here but with morals off I would put my money on Voldemort

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Sidious.
BB

#4 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Sidious stomps

Movie versions is closer but Sidious gets the majority

#5 Posted by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

movie or book versions?

#6 Posted by blackdemon (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give this to Darth Sidious. Voldemort might put up a fight, but Palpatine overpowers him in the end.

#7 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, EU sidious stomps.

#8 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Im only familiar with the movie Sidious, i dont know much about him from other media... so if he have done some crazy feats im not aware of, please enlighten me.

Now im wondering, is Sidious able to deflect magic and is magic able to deflect force lighting and is there some kind of magic that can deflect force use?

I actually got no idea who would win... the guy who strikes first? I have no idea of how their powers would react to each other.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@EternalDecider said:

Voldemort: Book Version

Sidious : Movie Version

What? Have you read the EU?

Switch your answers around and you have it correct.

#10 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein: Look at this for an example of a star wars vs harry potter fight:

Now Voldemort couldn't take out Harry, while Sidious stomped Luke.

#11 Posted by Fetts (4326 posts) - - Show Bio

*Waits for Silver to post a ridiculously long comment saying how Sidious would stomp*

#12 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Wow that was awesome..

But damn you! Now you got me hooked up! I have to watch all their videos now.

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off?

They have morals?

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Im only familiar with the movie Sidious, i dont know much about him from other media... so if he have done some crazy feats im not aware of, please enlighten me.

Now im wondering, is Sidious able to deflect magic and is magic able to deflect force lighting and is there some kind of magic that can deflect force use?

I actually got no idea who would win... the guy who strikes first? I have no idea of how their powers would react to each other.

Palpatine has the ability to possess the body of other beings, manipulate their souls, and - among other things - create Force Storms.

This is an example of him creating a Force Storm to destroy a fleet.

#15 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein: It happens.

#16 Posted by GenPatton (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious for sure

#17 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious in a stomp

Voldemort gets blitzed and diced before he can utter a spell

Or fried with Force Lightning

Sidious also has his own brand of magic- Sith Sorcery and Sith Magic are both subjects he is well versed in

Or Sidious takes over his body via possession

Or uses a ridiculous amount of time and resources to stage a war between Voldemort and a puppet enemy (might as well use Harry), while inserting his own pawns at Voldemort's side. When Voldemort thinks victory is in hand, Sidious betrays him to his pawns exactly like he betrayed the Jedi. Horcruxes or not, his body is not surviving a fatal wound, nor is he taking out a troop of minions he thinks are loyal

#18 Posted by Montaq (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort threatened to take over all of Europe. Sidious ruled an entire galaxy for years.

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedi Wolverine said:

EU Sidious stomps

Movie versions is closer but Sidious gets the majority

#20 Posted by DieHard200904 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Palpatine would crush Voldemort, based on having superior experience, concealment techniques (hiding himself as a Sith Lord from thousands of Jedi for years, even talking to them face to face, and masters like Yoda, couldn't pick him out. Not to mention the fact that he strategically had the Clone Wars running knowing full well that the carnage would bring on the Dark Side of the Force to cloud judgement.

Voldemort has a limited number of Horcruxes, or backups to replace him when he bites the dust, whereas Palpatine had in the EU, numerous, say hundreds or thousands of clone bodies for him to easily reincarnate should he die, he even sprung a clone body to be battle-ready and combat Luke with a lightsaber, yup straight out of the vat in his birthday suit, although I guess you wouldn't call it that given that the new clone was a full test tube baby (lol). Voldemort, on the other hand, took years to come back via one of his horcruxes, and it didn't seem like any given one of them would neccessarily come back all that fast, although it probably could happen if Voldemort's followers knew well enough about his plan.

Now getting to the movie versions, I would say Palpatine more likely to win, but merely because he doesn't reach the feat level of the "Dark Empire" version, where he generates vortexes and singularities in space, that once started, can swallow up spaceships. Although it's probably still possible for Palpatine to reach out remotely and terminate on of Voldemort's bodies should Voldemort call Palpatine on the phone, or as I would like to call it, pulling an Admiral Ozzel.

Either way, whomever chose this battle makes comedian of the day for me, because the mere thought of a fight between a Harry Potter villain and an ultimate Sith Lord makes me chuckle when I hear it.

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious without breaking a sweat.  Nothing I've seen from Voldemort leads me to believe he's anywhere near The Emperor in terms of raw power. 

#22 Posted by HolySerpent (12428 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort stomps.

#23 Posted by DieHard200904 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: You forgot to mention that Palpatine could choke Voldemort over a communication line, as he was trying to threaten him, sort of similar to how Vader choked Admiral Ozzel from his meditation chamber in ESB. You've got to admit, if Palpatine's such a master of Dark Side techniques he, probably would do it. It would be fun for Palpatine to choke Voldemort, because he wouldn't utter his spells while being choked.

#24 Posted by DieHard200904 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

A Palpatine clone jumps out of the vat all battle-ready. Even if Voldemort could cause EU Palpatine one death, Palpatine could come back ready to fight faster than I have seen Voldemort come back. Sure Voldemort has artifacts, but EU Palpatine had set himself up to cheat death for years before Vader tossed him into the Death Star's reactor core. He also had a vast number more clones than Voldemort had horcruxes. Voldemort is good at what he does, but Palpatine's better.

#25 Posted by Transmetal (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine bends Voldemort to his will creating another puppet for him to use until Voldemort is no longer of any use.

#26 Posted by vics (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: LMAO!!! XD!!! Good one!!

#27 Posted by rod1949us (85 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Voldemort beat Sidious?? HELL, how would Voldemort beat ANY Jedi/Sith?? Only thing he has going for him is his "killing curse" and he can teleport. And maybe his lil' snake. A) the killing curse can be repelled against the lightsaber much like lasers are B) Jedi/Sith can move around swift themselves. C) disarm the Wizard of his wand he's done. Disarm the jedi/sith and he has telekineis (force), force lightening, and can sense attacks. Sidious wins in a lopsided victory.

#28 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

EU sidious for the win

broomsticks vs a deathstar ... whaaa

#29 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

Sidious in a stomp

Voldemort gets blitzed and diced before he can utter a spell

Or fried with Force Lightning

Sidious also has his own brand of magic- Sith Sorcery and Sith Magic are both subjects he is well versed in

Or Sidious takes over his body via possession

Or uses a ridiculous amount of time and resources to stage a war between Voldemort and a puppet enemy (might as well use Harry), while inserting his own pawns at Voldemort's side. When Voldemort thinks victory is in hand, Sidious betrays him to his pawns exactly like he betrayed the Jedi. Horcruxes or not, his body is not surviving a fatal wound, nor is he taking out a troop of minions he thinks are loyal

#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Montaq said:

Voldemort threatened to take over all of Europe. Sidious ruled an entire galaxy for years.

HAHAHAHA Co Signed!
#31 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Sidious ftw, lot more powerful then Voldemort.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Sidious slaughterstomps.

#33 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious goes back into his space ship or whatever he came from and uses the Deathstar to BFR the whole Earth.

#34 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad8Baller: He doesn't need to. He creates Force Storms/Wormholes that tear through time-space continuum and wipes the face of the Earth.

#35 Edited by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

"Avada Kadavra"

Edit: Oh I didn't notice it's morals off. So instead of torturing and killing whoever they need or want to torture and kill, they'll torture and kill whoever they need or want to torture and kill? This may require thinking about.

#36 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort slaughters Sidious, then makes him an inferi.

#37 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Not true. At all.

Sidious moves at near relativistic speeds, creates Force Storms/Hyperspace Wormholes that rip through time-space continuum and wipe out entire fleets and the surface of planets, can move faster than Voldemort can react, is extremely pain tolerant (cutting his hand off did nothing), his force lightning disintegrates people into ash after hurling them over tremendous distances, demonstrated when he instantly killed three sorcerers who revived Darth Maul, and even if his body is destroyed, he will return as a spirit and involuntarily possess anybody near him, including Voldemort.

#38 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Not true. At all.

Sidious moves at near relativistic speeds, creates Force Storms/Hyperspace Wormholes that rip through time-space continuum and wipe out entire fleets and the surface of planets, can move faster than Voldemort can react, is extremely pain tolerant (cutting his hand off did nothing), his force lightning disintegrates people into ash after hurling them over tremendous distances, demonstrated when he instantly killed three sorcerers who revived Darth Maul, and even if his body is destroyed, he will return as a spirit and involuntarily possess anybody near him, including Voldemort.

Yeah but he doesn't have any moves that will kill with 100% certainty.

#39 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: Yes he does. Avada Kedavra is not one either.

#40 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HowTerribleIsThat: Yes he does. Avada Kedavra is not one either.

No he doesn't and yes it is.

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: His wormhole is. Avada Kedavra has shown to be blocked/refracted by love. Sidious can move faster than Voldemort can react anyways, much less cast anything.

#42 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HowTerribleIsThat: His wormhole is. Avada Kedavra has shown to be blocked/refracted by love. Sidious can move faster than Voldemort can react anyways, much less cast anything.

His wormhole isn't a guaranteed kill, Voldemort's soul would survive easily and Sidious isn't protected by the love of someone that sacrificed themselves to save him is he?

#43 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: Wormholes are far more guaranteed, love won't save one hit by his wormhole, which tears through time and space continuum itself. Sidious can move way faster than Voldemort so good bye.

#44 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HowTerribleIsThat: Wormholes are far more guaranteed, love won't save one hit by his wormhole, which tears through time and space continuum itself. Sidious can move way faster than Voldemort so good bye.

Yes but his soul will still survive being hit by a wormhole and Voldemort is a master at reading minds, Sidious won't be able to hit him, Voldemort can lead his spells nullifying Sidious's speed and Sidious does not have any way of surviving the killing curse.

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: Yes he does. His spirit will involuntarily possess Voldemort and Voldemort won't be able to nullify anything before getting speedblitzed. Sidious is a master of reading minds and has predicted the past and future thousands of years away.

#46 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HowTerribleIsThat: Yes he does. His spirit will involuntarily possess Voldemort and Voldemort won't be able to nullify anything before getting speedblitzed. Sidious is a master of reading minds and has predicted the past and future thousands of years away.

Predicting the future would be very useful if prep was allowed but it's not so why bring it up? And the killing curse destroys the soul, not just the body so how is he going to possess Voldemort?

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: His spirit, his soul can't be destroyed by Voldemort because he doesn't have any ability to use the Force. And he could read minds far better, like, his precognition would allow him to see things before they happen. Sidious moves at near-relativistic speeds, which means Voldemort gets slaughtered.

#48 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HowTerribleIsThat: His spirit, his soul can't be destroyed by Voldemort because he doesn't have any ability to use the Force. And he could read minds far better, like, his precognition would allow him to see things before they happen. Sidious moves at near-relativistic speeds, which means Voldemort gets slaughtered.

Voldemort doesn't need to use the force because the killing curse. And you brought up him being able to see events that happen thousands of years into the future but no evidence that he can use it usefully in battle. Finally, we do know that Voldemort can use mind reading usefully in battle so he'll just point at where Sidious is about to go, say "Avada Kadavra" and that'll be that.

#49 Edited by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat: Sidious moves at near-relativistic speeds, you want proof?

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.
The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?
Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear.

Revange of the Sith novel, Sidious is faster than Anakin's eye, even though the latter has reacted to sublight speed ships before and generated afterimages:

Obi-Wan was already making that exact move as Anakin spoke. But they were inverted to each other: breaking right shot him one way while Anakin whipped the other. The tri-fighters' cannons ripped space between them, tracking faster than their starfighters could slip. His onboard threat display chimed a warning: two of the droids had remote sensor locks on him. The others must have lit up his partner. "Anakin! Slip-jaws!"
"My thought exactly."
They blew past the tri-fighters, looping in evasive spirals. The droid ships wrenched themselves into pursuit maneuvers that would have killed any living pilot. The slip-jaws maneuver was named for the scissorlike mandibles of the Kashyyyk slash-spider. Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser. For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.
But these particular pilots were far from merely human.
The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint.

Without the Force, Voldemort cannot destroy Sidious truly because that is the only way it can. Provide some quotes that prove Voldemort can react to Sidious' speed, even though I have already read the entire HP novel series. Sidious can mind read people just as well, if not better. He has trained for it for life. He has lived for almost 100 years.

#50 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

Revange of the Sith novel, Sidious is faster than Anakin's eye, even though the latter has reacted to sublight speed ships before and generated afterimages:

Without the Force, Voldemort cannot destroy Sidious truly because that is the only way it can. Provide some quotes that prove Voldemort can react to Sidious' speed, even though I have already read the entire HP novel series. Sidious can mind read people just as well, if not better. He has trained for it for life. He has lived for almost 100 years.

That's ABC logic and Voldemort doesn't need to react, he just just needs to lead.

And you've not provided any evidence that Sidious's spirit can survive being hit by a killing curse.