Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug alone would obliterate the entire Harry potter universe.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dementors wouldn't win but they wouldn't die either ...

How can dementors die ??

Non-muggles can't even see them ?

And there are thousands of them honestly .

This battle is just waaay to complex lol .

Vibrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read all the books in these series, I found all to be very entertaining and I would rank them 1:Lotr 2:Harry Potter :3 Eragon.
Based on whats in the books, Eragon(the book) would win without casualties, the magic is just too good, and without the access to the same magic, none would stand a chance. In Eragon, dragonrides are Immortal, (can't die, unless killed) basically will live forever unless someone kills them. owever, killing them would be very freaking hard since theire wards would ward them from all damage 24/7 day and night.

In Eragon Everyone has a true name, unique for every single induvidual, this name grants full control over said thing (assuming you know the name). Even persons could be controlled to strangle themselfes or kill anyone in sight. And the "True Language" or "Ancient Language" (don't read in english) Controlles everything, can basically alter the world (Divine power, godlike). Knowing the name of this Language allows you to controll EVERYTHING in the world. Can even strip people of their magical powers (if ordered to) " "*name* you may never use magic again" or "*Name* You will forget who you are or how to use magic or you will be my slave for eternity". Simply unbeatable.

There's also a huge mindcontrol and mindreading which I cba to go into, but Eragon or Galbatorix can basically (with the help of the dragons) take over any persons mind in a second or less, this requires no touch and they can simply "reach out" with their minds and take control of every action.

After what I read in Lotr I kinda feel like the magic is not that impressive at all, and have many limitations, It's clear that magic have harsh restrictions and seem to be very tiring on the user. Also it needs elements to work with, you can't fly if you don't have wings. For example Gandalf said he couldn't burn snow, he needed something to work with. Gandalf is also a demigod, or a reflection of a somethign greater, what, we don't really know but apparently he is quite powerful in his "original" form. And could apparently kill Sauron single-handedly, but he does not because he's forbidden by something greater than even Olorin (Gandalf) himself.
The Ghosts I however don't know how well they'd have done against Eragon, (if they had a sensable mind they'd lost) but if not I don't know.
So at this point, we have very weak magic in middle earth, but we know that there are things more powerful than this in the Lotr universe, but we don't know how much more powerful to the characters already in the series. But I don't see how 1 or 200 Gandalfs would have made any difference in a battle between Eragon and Lotr so I'm going to give this to Eragon. Any troups outside of magic is simply irrelevant and could be killed in less than 1 second.

And Harry Potter.. I think the wards in Eragon would stop the magic of the Harry Potter universe, and possible some wards in Harry Potter would stop the Eragon magic however the Wards in Eragon doesn't need to be maintained. Once casted, they're simply there (assuming they're set up to prevent all damage and feed on the casters magical power until depleted (which it just wouldn't be because of all the dragons). While in Harry potter they'd have to constantly maintain the spell or block it.... somehow.... It's possible Dumbledore would have some badass magic that would halp out, but in the end I don't think he'd last long against attacks on his mind and would have been easily killed.

Harry Potter VS Lotr now this could be tricky, It would seriously be hard to tell which would come out on top in the end, but somehow I feel like Harry Potter universe would pull ahead because of the lacking magic in Lotr. AS said, Gandalf is still forbidden to use his "true" strength because he's forbidden to meddle in the mortals buissness, he's simply there to guide, and that's just how it is.

I don't see how it would possible turn out any other way than this, who would win HP vs Lotr could still be up for discussion but I think I did that one correct as well even though I didn't go in much in detail I kinda thought it over but it's just too much to write down and at this point I'm fairly tired and wondering what I'm doing with my life..

Over and out!

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Team Eragon handles the dementors ?

Can't be seen by muggles right ?

And there isn't a known way to kill them at the moment .

Vibrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool:

Dementors can't be seen by "people without magic blood, Muggles" so people with magic blood should be able to see them, which would mean they'd be visible for both Eragon and Gandalf etc. How they would deal with them I supose they would set up a barrier that does not allow the dementors to get close enoug to do any damage. Not enough is known about Dementors to know for sure but I don't see why the Ancient Langugage wouldn't work on the Dementors. All and every thing has a name and thus is ruled by the Ancient language.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you say so

fuzzy_narwhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to make this more fair, none of the army "fodder troops" should have magical protection, and the main named characters should have the blessing of main characters, so Eragon and Galbatorix cannot instakill everyone. Lastly, if you add Galbatorix at full strength, you might as well add Melkor, and all the elves and the armada of Númenore.

fuzzy_narwhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And they cannot directly affect someone from a different universe. No mind controlling lotr people via Eragon, but yes illusions. you can't avada kedavra someone but you can collapse a stone pillar on them, etc.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team 2 in an epic match

Avatar image for nightbreezekitty
NightbreezeKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: “Gollum solos”

OF COuRse! No one can doubt Sméagol the great!

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

I don’t know enough about LoTR but the Eragon side is ridiculously stacked. All elves are skilled with magic, with superhuman stats and TP, all Dragonriders are skilled in magic and TP, I mean with the combined might of the dragons, Riders and elves using TP they won’t lose unless the LoTR verse has godly amounts of TP resistance. To put things into perspective, just one powerful Dragon was able to affect an entire army with TP.

But then you mention Eragon at full power, at a fraction of his full power with only a few Eldunari, he shielded himself from a nuke level blast. At full power he will have over 600 Eldunari and this seems like gross overkill especially when you consider that that will be 600+ extra dragon minds for a TP assault.