#1 Edited by ricardovh (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogwarts and the army of voldemort are fighting for domination over the wizarding world when they hear the sound of horses, they set aside their battle and form and allience to face this new threat. Then they hear a call from the sky. They look up and see that finally the dragonriders from the Eragon Universe have arrived. Soon all from the eragon Universe are there and both dumbledore and Voldemort send a patronus for help to the ministery and all of the wizarding world. Hagrid goes into the forbidden forest for aid of the centaurs and giant spiders, here he sees his old three-headed dog Fluffy and ask him for help too. Both Voldemort and Dumbedore seems surprised as Grindwald walks into Hogwarts with his army too. "i'm coming to aid you in this battle my powers are your's" he claims. Then the giants and half giants arrive as well. some time later the hippogives and buckbeack arrive to aid. in the meantime all of gondor and rohan have arrived. Sauron and Saruman come to investigate as well, they team up with rohan and gondor to deal with the dragons and wizards but will it be enough. Finally Hagrid comes back and he has the centaurs to fight ass well. lastly the dragons from the Hp wizards ariive as well to help them.

Here is an detailed set-up of the armies:

Harry Potter Universe

Hogwarts with all of the students, teachers, Ghosts and Suits of armor(Perkamentus with the elder wand)

Voldemort at FULL power with all of his Death Eaters (no horcruxes, he has an elder wand too, which he fully controls)

Grindewalt at Full power with his Army

Every Giant,and half giant under lead of Hagrid

Harry, Ron and Hermione

All of the Giant spiders under lead of Aragog (forgot the name of the spiders)

Fluffy

All of the centaurs

All the four dragons from the triwizard tournement under lead of Norbert ( the dragon of Hagrid)

ALL the werewolves under lead of Remus Lupos

The ministery of Magic

Sirius Black and all of his familly (everyone even the dead ones in the book, they are alive here)

ALL the dementos (they cannot harm their side)

All the house elves under lead of Dobby

The troll that we've seen in the first book and film

All the hippogriefs under lead of Buckbeak

The eragon Universe

Brom at full power with his dragon

Eragon and Saphira both at full power

Galbatorix at full power with his first dragon

The ra'zac

Roran

All the elves

All the varden

All the dragons and their riders

All the armies of Galbatorix

Lord of the rings Universe

Aragorn Gimili and Legolas

Sauron at full power with 10000 orks

Three Nazgul ( no With-King)

Saruman and 5000 uruk-hai

Gandalf the grey

100 trolls

Whole Rohan

Whole Gondor

Radagast the brown

Four great eagles

Frodo and sam

Gollum

10 wargs

100 goblins and their king

smaug

All of both teams work together in perfect harmonie and will NEVER attack their allies. If they do so they will face instant death NO MATTER HOW STRONG THAT CHARACTER IS. (In example if Voldemort decides to attack Harry Potter he is death before he even tried)

The battle takes places at Hogwarts and the BOTH the Harry Potter Universe and The Eragorn Universe know Hogwarts Inside Out.

Both teams have three hours preparation. Team lord of the Rings starts outside the castle and team HP/Eragon start inside the castle. Of course the wizards cannot apperate from the castle.

It is a fight to the deaths who do you think that will win ?

#2 Edited by Arathorn_II (208 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all: LotR is way to underpowerd.

The main thing I think that is because it should be Gandalf the White instead of the Grey, that there are only three Nazgûl instead of all nine inclusive the Witch-King and that Saruman had atleast an army of 10000 Uruk-Hai. LotR also has the Ents under lead of Treebeard. Way more Eagles. A Balrog. Way more wargs and trolls. Giant spiders under lead of Shelob. Way more Goblins. Mûmakil riding Haradrim. And because HP has Grindewalt at full strenght with his army, LotR deserves to have Melkor at full strenght with his army. Ofcourse the Army of the Dead (I can get it when you leave this one out, cause otherwise LotR would be way to overpowerd). An army of Elves, Dwarfs and Hobbits. Werewolves.

I can get it if you leave some of these out, but the ones in bold should really be there. This may seem a little overpowered but HP and Eragon are having the ''homeland'' advantage.

HP also misses the Basilisk (and Felix)

Beside all the things you missed I like the fact and that you described it really well with the detailed setup. I think LotR will win, even with the numbers you gave us. They're just simply the strongest and the most tactical.

#3 Edited by ricardovh (11 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all: LotR is way to underpowerd.

The main thing I think that is because it should be Gandalf the White instead of the Grey, that there are only three Nazgûl instead of all nine inclusive the Witch-King and that Saruman had atleast an army of 10000 Uruk-Hai. LotR also has the Ents under lead of Treebeard. Way more Eagles. A Balrog. Way more wargs and trolls. Giant spiders under lead of Shelob. Way more Goblins. Mûmakil riding Haradrim. And because HP has Grindewalt at full strenght with his army, LotR deserves to have Melkor at full strenght with his army. Ofcourse the Army of the Dead (I can get it when you leave this one out, cause otherwise LotR would be way to overpowerd). An army of Elves, Dwarfs and Hobbits. Werewolves.

I can get it if you leave some of these out, but the ones in bold should really be there. This may seem a little overpowered but HP and Eragon are having the ''homeland'' advantage.

HP also misses the Basilisk (and Felix)

Beside all the things you missed I like the fact and that you described it really well with the detailed setup. I think LotR will win, even with the numbers you gave us. They're just simply the strongest and the most tactical.

Hi,

Thanks for your compliment. I do not think that all of the bolt must be in it because a balrog is very hard to kill even gandalf the gray had problems with it. The witch kin and all of the nazgul are way to overpowered for their opponents. I agree that the ents shoulsd be there and that Harry Potter deserves the basilisk and felix.

I do not agree that lord of the rings will win. I think that their opponents have a fauir fight here with the numbers i gave them. It will be a hard fight yes, but i thinks Harry Potter and eragon will win because of all the magic that is used against them.

I will look at your suggestions and will consider them, when i have decided i will update my first post

#4 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron at full power solos.

#5 Posted by oge321 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Team hp and eragon win this. Eragons's type of magic is way overpowered for this fight. That plus the fact that basically everyone on their team can use magic so they win.

#6 Edited by Arathorn_II (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@ricardovh: First of all, I didn't know that HP had a team up from Eragon. I thought it was LotR vs HP vs Eragon, not LotR vs HP and Eragon. i get the fact that you didn't give LotR the full numbers, but Gandalf the Grey??? And you didn't include the Witch-King, he's not just a Nazgûl, he's kind of a main character. the nine nazgûl would be hard to kill, but a simple Incendio would scare them away. the nine should also be in there because otherwise the would be way underpowerd in the sky, where Hp has many flying creaters and brooms and Eragon has many dragons. LotR only has eagles, which aren't exectly weak, but they would be way underpowerd. Also, HP has Aragog and al his spiders and to match that it would be fair to atleast include Shelob.

I would still think LotR would win. I agree that HP and Eragon have more magic, but not necessarily the strongest magic. Sauron, Saruman and Gandalf got way stronger magic. i also think that LotR would outnumber them.

#7 Posted by Nefarious (20308 posts) - - Show Bio

Gollum solos.

#8 Posted by The_New_Sentry (194 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll is have to say the LOTR team would lose because of dun dun dun... Galbatorix. He has enough power to take on Sauron with Eldunari. This is due to mental domination and magic. He would probably engage Sauron while the Riders and Forsworn took out the rest. No offense to HP U but the Riders are the real players on their team.

#9 Edited by MetalJimmor (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_new_sentry:

What can Galbatorix do in the realm of mental domination that gives him an edge on Sauron? I've never read Eragon so I'm pretty clueless about the characters, but Sauron with the One Ring was able to mind control the entire human population of Middle Earth at once, and has used his persuasiveness to convince an entire kingdom to convert religions and to invade Middle Earth's Heaven itself. His power in the sphere of mental domination shouldn't be underestimated.

#10 Edited by nojellykid (149 posts) - - Show Bio

The universes of Eragon and lord of the rings are similar enough, but why bring harry potters universe in this. Eragon and Galbatorix at full power are more than enough to defeat the lord of the rings universe.

#11 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10058 posts) - - Show Bio

Eragon team arguably solos both

#12 Posted by Penderor (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry, Ron and Hermione in epic avada kedavra stomp.

HP wins mostly via castle defence.

#13 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

The dragon riders spit out death words that no one in their respective verses have a counter for and everyone except them dies. Sauron would stay alive and the riders could take him out.

#14 Posted by Oni_Bane (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

Brom at full power with his dragon

He is literally useless, since we don't know what Brom could do at full power. But HP and Eragon win this.

#15 Edited by Mandarinestro (904 posts) - - Show Bio

Wargs solo

#16 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

@mandarinestro: Actually they make some great snack's for dragons ;)

#17 Edited by The_New_Sentry (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: we'll galbatorix has thousands of dragons giving him energy for magic and assisting him on mental domination. Also he knows the name of the ancient language which boosts all of his spells to a divine level.

Oh god something just crossed my mind. What if Galbatorix got ahold of the one ring.

#18 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

Galbatorix solo's.

#19 Posted by TT_4_Humanity (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: we'll galbatorix has thousands of dragons giving him energy for magic and assisting him on mental domination. Also he knows the name of the ancient language which boosts all of his spells to a divine level.

Oh god something just crossed my mind. What if Galbatorix got ahold of the one ring.

He would be corrupted like any one else, "You cannot wield it, none of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master".

#20 Posted by nojellykid (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_new_sentry said:

He would be corrupted like any one else, "You cannot wield it, none of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master".

At the level Galbatorix is at he would just used a spell to bend the ring to his will...plus Galbatorix is already "corrupt"

#21 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Galbatorix and Eragon at full power are reality warpers who can do just about anything they want. The empathy spell would be insta-kills on characters like Sauron, Sauraumon, Nazgul, etc... The rest of the characters could be easily killed with killing words. Eragon and Galbatorix need to be nerfed from full power for this to be fair.

#22 Posted by darkseid1006 (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron at full power? This guy had the power to overthrow all in Middle Earth (including the 5 wizards) so he should be able to solo (although i dont know Eragon universe)
Then again it is extremely difficult to debate LOTR characters as in the books all the power comes from speculation and interpretation with very little provided on on page feats but most LOTR readers understand that they are above the other levels.
Also Smaug could damn near obliterate the entirety of HP army in one breath (par the top level guys)

#23 Posted by TT_4_Humanity (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Smaug could damn near obliterate the entirety of HP army in one breath (par the top level guys)

Isn't he weak against magic, or was it just the arrow?

#24 Posted by TT_4_Humanity (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@tt_4_humanity said:

@the_new_sentry said:

At the level Galbatorix is at he would just used a spell to bend the ring to his will...plus Galbatorix is already "corrupt"

Personally I don't think it would work. The Council clearly had no spell to do that, and the One Ring really did belong to Sauron, it's not just speak.

I meant it would corrupt him and make him a servant of Sauron.

#25 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

@nojellykid said:
@tt_4_humanity said:

@the_new_sentry said:

Personally I don't think it would work. The Council clearly had no spell to do that, and the One Ring really did belong to Sauron, it's not just speak.

I meant it would corrupt him and make him a servant of Sauron.

It's tough to say if that would work or not. You run into the problem of magic systems being completely different. Under the rules of Inheritance magic, and Galbatorix knowing the name of the ancient language, hypothetically it should work with no problem. This is assuming Inheritance magic will work on LotR magic, which is completely up for grabs. There is no real answer to whether this would work or not. I think I'm inclined to agree with you though, and assume that the One Ring is off limits for manipulation though, at least for the sake of this thread.

#26 Posted by darkseid1006 (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

@tt_4_humanity: No..... In the film that was the worst idea in LOTR cinematic universe.

In the book (the real thing) dragons (all) showed a level of magic that was deemed substantial. The earliest dragon of Morgoth could deafeated entire armies with mere words and Smaug himself was stated to be able to be as dangerous with words as he was destructive capability. Also in books Dragons were completely invulnerable except for one spot on their body.

#27 Posted by TT_4_Humanity (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: I was just curious, been a while since I've read the book. Thanks. :]

#28 Posted by dondave (37385 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#29 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006:

maug himself was stated to be able to be as dangerous with words as he was destructive capability

I think this refers to manipulation, not so much magic.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember anywhere in any of the Tolkien books where Smaug was stated as having any powerful magical abilities.

Not that it should matter for the most part for this thread. His scales would be thick enough to bounce any spells HP wizards and witches sling at him. Hagrid had thick enough skin to repel spells, so I'm sure Smaug would have no problem.

Where Smaug will have trouble, is the spells from Eragon's universe, where they can attack telepathically, or with Eragon's empathy spell.

#30 Posted by darkseid1006 (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: No I can't remember any quotes but I distinctly remember their voices being magically manipulative or something along them lines. Also Dragons are actually magical beings by nature and throughout ME are regarded as such (especially because of their creation by Morgoth).

Also I think if you attack a dragon who can manipulate entire armies through words and renter his mind it may pose difficulty but I'm not knowledgable on Eragon.

Out of interest who do you think would win?

#31 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: I personally think Eragon's universe should win this, as long as their magic system works the same on LotR magic characters as it does in their own universe. Eragon and Galbatorix at full power are pretty much reality warpers, and have a huge supply of energy to call on, along with a small army of Dragon eldunari (dragon hearts that contain their souls) that assist them in spells. Eragon has an empathy spell that causes all the pain a person ever caused to others, to be redirected back on themselves. If this was cast on the high powered characters in LotR, it would certainly kill them. If the magic system does not carry over though, LotR should win, because physical spells like explosions and breaking bones isn't going to be enough against Sauron.

Harry Potter's universe is pretty underwhelming for this battle IMHO.

#32 Posted by darkseid1006 (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: you do realise it is LOTR vs both the others?

Anyway I respect your opinion however if it was whole universe then LOTR stomp

#33 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: Ya, I realize that. I just don't see the Harry Potter universe adding much to the fight. The top dogs of the universes will be the deciding factor IMO, and Harry Potter's high level characters just aren't up to snuff for this match.

I can see how LotR universe could win, because their army for this is massive. I don't know if the Inheritance and Harry Potter universes have enough fodder to throw in front of them to keep their high powered characters like Eragon and Galbatorix from getting overwhelmed. If the high powered characters have to deal with anything besides characters like Sauron, Sauromon, Smaug, etc. then they are going down from being distracted from the real threats.

#34 Edited by Lord44 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Bilbo Solos...

#35 Posted by The_New_Sentry (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to clarify for something. It is possible to take the throne and ring from sauron if your powerful enough as stated by gandalf many times

#36 Posted by nerdchore (1905 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by The_New_Sentry (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@arathorn_ii: @nerdchore: I agree that the LoTR team needs more of its heavy hitters. This is because of all the heavy hitters on the Eragon team. I mean all of the riders and dragons? There at least needs to be the wringwraiths and the Witchking. Gandalf the White would be good. Maybe some more ME dragons. Also some troops need to be added because of the sheer number of troops on Eragon/HP side. Mainly because there are whole races on their side.

Another thing: I don't think that the entire HP/ Eragon army will fit in Hogwarts. Think about it thousands of dragons inside one fortress?

#38 Posted by nerdchore (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_new_sentry: yeah wtich king all zazgul, all the ents, gandalf the white, i would change saurons army to urah kai, all the eagles, maybe throw in elrond or galadriel and their elf kingdom, and then the elf kingdom from the hobbit. im assuming gondor and rohan includes boromir, faramir, eomer, theoden, and eowyn?

#39 Posted by TheVivas (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Eragon easily.......almost by himself.

#40 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

Galbatorix still solo's

#41 Posted by Stormdriven (4954 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dragon Riders easily stomps everyone here. Lord of the Rings is my favorite in both books and movies, but they're getting wrecked. Harry Potter even more so.

#42 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Galbatorix has hundreds of Dragon hearts so while he is spitting out magic attacks any soldier in his way is being assaulted by a dragon via telepathy and will be easily crushed.

#43 Posted by TheVivas (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: I'd say just give him around 15-20 Eldunari and he could solo the Harry Potter team lol. Probably Eragon too.

#44 Posted by Eisenfauste (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: I wouldn't doubt it a dragon mind is incredibly formidable especially the more ancient one's that haven't already gone insane.