Action Comics #1 variant by Jim Lee
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

What fighting feats does Loki have to give him a chance against Supes? Aside from magic he doesn't have much edge over him...

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShadowKing
@Dracade102: I was thinking his strength and durability are almost even.
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Superskrull86

Horrible spite.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By daak1212
@ShadowKing said:

@Dracade102: I was thinking his strength and durability are almost even.

Hahaha no thats Thor not Loki
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By supermandefender

Superman stomps if Superman doesnt have another power decrease. Gotta read the new supes tho.  But currently yeah Superman takes it. He is faster and stronger.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Loki transmutes him into a frog. Battle over.

King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Namor

Loki is a god?
Superman Punches him and what? Loki will just get back up and zap him into submission with magic.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lantian1

How does Loki fair when Thor punches him? Because Superman hits harder

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@lantian1 said:
How does Loki fair when Thor punches him? Because Superman's stronger  
According to who?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Erik

Superman from the DCNU has no feats yet. We do not even know if he has a vulnerability to magic. 

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#12  Edited By Deadcool

Loki wins, he transfroms Superman in air, or something like that...

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Erik said:
Superman from the DCNU has no feats yet. We do not even know if he has a vulnerability to magic. 
Well he does have something of a feat over all his predecessors. Underwear goes inside pants.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erik
@isaac_clarke said:
@Erik said:
Well he does have something of a feat over all his predecessors. Underwear goes inside pants.
True.  

He also does get the Doomsday battle to his credit. But that is the only story that is confirmed to be canon for the new Superman to my knowledge. 
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Erik said:
True.   He also does get the Doomsday battle to his credit. But that is the only story that is confirmed to be canon for the new Superman to my knowledge. 
DOS DD? Wonder if they are going to do anything with that then.
Nihilus_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nihilus_Shadow

I know those DCnU art pieces look badass but you should really not use those unless you're talking about those versions of the characters.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik
@isaac_clarke said:
@Erik said:
True.   He also does get the Doomsday battle to his credit. But that is the only story that is confirmed to be canon for the new Superman to my knowledge. 
DOS DD? Wonder if they are going to do anything with that then.
Yes. That is the story arc. I imagine they will maybe do a short story that includes it in the new Superman's origin. 
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Nihilus_Shadow said:
I know those DCnU art pieces look badass but you should really not use those unless you're talking about those versions of the characters.
He does say current Superman, from what I can tell isn't quite the same guy anymore. 

@Erik said:
Yes. That is the story arc. I imagine they will maybe do a short story that includes it in the new Superman's origin. 
That would be pretty nice actually.
Nihilus_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nihilus_Shadow
@isaac_clarke: I know, but it could still be confusing to people.  They really shouldn't use those pics until 9/1
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By difficlus
@isaac_clarke said:
@Erik said:
lol true. 
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermandefender said:
Superman stomps if Superman doesnt have another power decrease. Gotta read the new supes tho.  But currently yeah Superman takes it. He is faster and stronger.

It was confirmed somewhere (I don't remember) that after the reboot, that DC will get a serious power decrease.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

Loki should get prep here, that would make it more interesting.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@supermandefender said:
It was confirmed somewhere (I don't remember) that after the reboot, that DC will get a serious power decrease.
Really? I never saw that. Hmmmm.......
Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Loki9876

it's known that superman is weak against magic. and he has taken hits from thor who's probably a bit weaker. maybe loki could summon some kind of magic field around him but maybe he would just lose. he wouls probably

but with prep he should be able to win.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I'd go with Superman do to sheer speed advantage

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik

@Enzeru said:

@Erik said:
It was confirmed somewhere (I don't remember) that after the reboot, that DC will get a serious power decrease. Really? I never saw that. Hmmmm.......
After check out the recent 52 stuff it really feels like it. Superman's arms got tired, while he was holding a van! His arms got tired! Of course, it was also stated, that he is getting stronger and stronger every day since his early beginnings (Action Comics), but still ... I wonder how strong he will become. The same goes for Flash. It looks like he is far more balanced out at the moment ant not able to be everywhere at the same time. However, I like it that way. Makes the things more interesting.

I am pretty confident that Superman was lying to try and scare them when he said that.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik

@Enzeru said:

@Erik said:

I am pretty confident that Superman was lying to try and scare them when he said that.
Dunno. They changed his character indeed, but turning him into a liar? I don't know :-7 Superman never lies! Jimmy Olsen also stated that it seems like Superman is getting stronger and stronger since his early days, so it could be that he is still not on the level he will be in the future, but I understand your reasoning, because it was only a van with 2 or 3 people in it, so it shouldn't be so heavy for him, that he needs to drop it, if we think about what he managed to do in Action Comics #1.

But getting tired over lifting a truck, even though it is years after being crushed by a bullet train, seems more reasonable? Jimmy saying Superman is getting visibly stronger every time only means that, not that a truck should be heavy for him. Especially when his strength feats from AC outperform lifting a truck. Besides, Lex also said Superman was is visibly stronger just months after Superman's first appearance. It is clear that both are just noting power growth.

Also, Superman has lied a few times in Post Crisis in order to get a win or make things easier.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CODYSF

LOL come on really Superman hell Thor don't have a chance why in the hell will Loki have a chance.

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By society619

@CODYSF: The same Superman who allowed Batman to beat him?....Thor wins, Loki....maybe

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By FourthDeity

@society619: Thor doesn't have a chance against supes.Batman only beat him because he had a "just in case" set ready.

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By society619

@FourthDeity: Superman has been beaten by individuals that are more or less his equal. Thor is a God who has fought and defeated major cosmic enemies that are at least galaxy level threats. he's fought celestials, the void, galactus, silver surfer and other heralds, bor, odin's father who was stronger than an odinforce enhanced thor, glory (the legion of gods from chaos war), and most recently, he was able to kill angrir who was supposedly at thor's level of power. Supes is weak to magic, Thor's hammer is magic.Superman has no ability that would allow him to harm Thor. For all his strength and speed, he can't produce enough force to actually damage Thor.

Loki’s chance of winning is fighting dirty and since morals are on it could happen.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By FourthDeity

@society619: He has a "weakness" (I think him being vulnerable is a better word) against magic but that doesn't automatically equal a victory to Thor. Superman have a faster reaction time and speed.Thor can break the speed of light with is hammer but I don't know if he himself can go that fast.Superman always holds back. If he was about to die... what would he do? I'd say go all out.His hammer might be incredibly fast but Thor himself is not as fast as Superman.Superman's done just fine against other magic users such as Hercules,Captain Marvel,Adam,Magog, Wonder Woman, and other magic users. What exactly makes Thor's different?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By isaac_clarke

@society619: Not worth bumping to comment on said 9 month old post, although an uninformed post to begin with. Though if someone else bumped it and their post was deleted, my apologize.

@FourthDeity said:

@society619: Thor doesn't have a chance against supes.Batman only beat him because he had a "just in case" set ready.

He stands more than a chance against this incarnation.

@society619 said:

@FourthDeity: Superman has been beaten by individuals that are more or less his equal. Thor is a God who has fought and defeated major cosmic enemies that are at least galaxy level threats. he's fought celestials, the void, galactus, silver surfer and other heralds, bor, odin's father who was stronger than an odinforce enhanced thor, glory (the legion of gods from chaos war), and most recently, he was able to kill angrir who was supposedly at thor's level of power. Supes is weak to magic, Thor's hammer is magic.Superman has no ability that would allow him to harm Thor. For all his strength and speed, he can't produce enough force to actually damage Thor.

Loki’s chance of winning is fighting dirty and since morals are on it could happen.

Being a God just allows Thor a bunch of random plot induced powers and a get out of jail free card in death. He's been punked out by Celestials, Galactus and the Void was giving him issues. The only reason he defeated Bor was the Odin Force at the time, otherwise Bor would have one shotted him in his own words. Angrir wasn't at Thor's level of power. Him taking on the Surfer, Glory and what have you are solid showings to pull for. Thor would probably demolish post 52 Supes, the problem is he isn't fighting him in this thread.

In regards to the actual thread, morals on a much weaker Superman against Loki isn't going to end well for him. He can certainly pummel Loki (stats wise, Loki's not in his league without some sort of enhancements) , but with morals Loki could potentially end this with any sort of decent spell.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Saren

@society619 said:

@CODYSF: The same Superman who allowed Batman to beat him?....Thor wins, Loki....maybe

Batman has never beaten Superman in a canon encounter. Ever.

superman69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superman69

superman quit easily.... especially if this is the frost giant loki.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By TDK_1997

Loki will make Superman a frog or something like that.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By dane

Bad trolls are bad.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

what the hell is up with these frog statements ...... when is Loki gonna have time to transmute Clark into anything when he's getting blitzed .......

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By majestic99

@Superskrull86 said:

Horrible spite.
80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 80sBaby

Loki wins this. He just goes intangible and blasts Supes with magic.

Avatar image for eagerbuttermilk
eagerbuttermilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By eagerbuttermilk

superman blitz

starscream1479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By starscream1479

@isaac_clarke: lmao

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagerbuttermilk said:

superman blitz

Current Superman isn't fast enough to blitz Loki.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Loki. He could just zap Superman into some animal.

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LordStoop

Loki wins. This fight is Morals on. Superman won´t blitz Loki. His morals won´t allow it. Loki is on the other hand the god of mischief and lies. He can fight dirty. Frog Time.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ximpossibrux

@LordStoop said:

Loki wins. This fight is Morals on. Superman won´t blitz Loki. His morals won´t allow it. Loki is on the other hand the god of mischief and lies. He can fight dirty. Frog Time.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Loki. He could just zap Superman into some animal.

stop being correct

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By czarny_samael666
@LordStoop said:

Agree.
Avatar image for omniversal_warper
Omniversal_Warper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps Loki with ease.