• 89 results
#1 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

#2 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#3 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD battle, but in short: Doom.

In my view, Doom wins against any non-cosmic entity. ...and even then... :)

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Trakx says:

"GOOD battle, but in short: Doom. In my view, Doom wins against any non-cosmic entity. ...and even then... :)"

really?? with all of those losses to the fantastic four?

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Trakx says:

"GOOD battle, but in short: Doom. In my view, Doom wins against any non-cosmic entity. ...and even then... :)"

Welcome to the vine, but you're wrong. Loki's far too powerful, and a master at the dark arts. Doom doesn't stand a chance.

#6 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Trakx says:

really?? with all of those losses to the fantastic four?"

lol, good point

#7 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Losses to the Fantastic Four? I don't think they are officially as many as you might think.

If Doom were to stand against Loki, it would be a matter of intellect vs. cunning. My choice of Doom is of no disrespect for Loki. In all other fights (Loki vs. [insert hero/villain], I would mostly side with the God of Mischief. I just think that Doom would win. It wouldn't be easy, but Doom would most certainly win.

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Trakx says:

"Losses to the Fantastic Four? I don't think they are officially as many as you might think. If Doom were to stand against Loki, it would be a matter of intellect vs. cunning. My choice of Doom is of no disrespect for Loki. In all other fights (Loki vs. [insert hero/villain], I would mostly side with the God of Mischief. I just think that Doom would win. It wouldn't be easy, but Doom would most certainly win."

Ok new guy, this is where I bust your chops. PROVE IT

#9 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Prove why I believe Doom would win against Loki or that Doom's loss ratio is exaggerated?

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Prove what makes you think Doom would defeat Loki. Loki's stronger, faster, arguably wittier, and more experienced in magic. In a battle without prep time, I don't really see Doom pulling through.

#11 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that what we're talking about? Doom and Loki simply being dropped into some barron landscape and dueling it out, both unaware of what was to happen?

If that's the case, then I sadly have to say that the odds are in Loki's favor.

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Okay, who wins with 1 day of prep?"

Loki might still win unless Doom can find a way to cancel Loki's magic and power.

#13 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, who wins with 1 day of prep?

#14 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I have to go. Maybe I can hop back on later tonight.

But my ultimate answer is that the longer that Doom has to prepare, the more I feel the odds tip in his favor. Though, yes, I suppose the same would hold true for Loki. But that is what makes this such an interesting fight. I've seen many battles on these boards, and this was the first to really grab my attention.

But, again, it comes down to intellect vs. cunning. Loki may have the magic of the gods, but Doom's magic has been said to be the second best on Earth (second only to Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange). But as far as "god magic" goes, Loki specializes in magic dealing with trickery. Doom shouldn't have much of a time seeing through these, and Loki - no fool himself - would know this, and try for other methods of combating Doom.

#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

with prep your giving Loki an opportunity to mess with dooms plans, he would be able to infiltrate and influence every step that dooms takes and after the day of prep is up he could finish doom with relative ease.

i think loki's magic if far greater than dooms, Loki is mephisto with out the bounds.

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"with prep your giving Loki an opportunity to mess with dooms plans, he would be able to infiltrate and influence every step that dooms takes and after the day of prep is up he could finish doom with relative ease. i think loki's magic if far greater than dooms, Loki is mephisto with out the bounds. "

i agree with acewasp :)

#17 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"acewasp23 says:
"with prep your giving Loki an opportunity to mess with dooms plans, he would be able to infiltrate and influence every step that dooms takes and after the day of prep is up he could finish doom with relative ease. i think loki's magic if far greater than dooms, Loki is mephisto with out the bounds. "

i agree with acewasp :)"

I agree too, Loki doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. He's a very cunning and calculating individual. Combine that with his magic, natural abilities, and physical abilities and he's a force to be reckoned with.

#18 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, when did Loki = Mephisto?

#19 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Whoa, when did Loki = Mephisto?"

yeah, I don't agree with that but I agree with his other part

#20 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not agreeing with that part. i'm agreeing with loki beating doom.

#21 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Whoa, when did Loki = Mephisto?"
not as powerful but just as manipulative is what i meant. lol
Post Edited:2007-10-08 16:08:54
#22 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's an idea, from now on, when ever we describe a character, and compare them with another, we define what we're comparing. lol

#23 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#24 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Here's an idea, from now on, when ever we describe a character, and compare them with another, we define what we're comparing. lol"

good idea

#25 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Here's an idea, from now on, when ever we describe a character, and compare them with another, we define what we're comparing. lol"
good idea"

Thank you. I'm tired of people not doing that, and giving off false information. It destroys my debates and aggravates me.

#26 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki owns Doom. What could Doom do to Loki? Exactly, my point. Loki is too good for Doom. And if it wasn't for the "Good always wins" thingy the ciriculem has going on, Loki could beat Thor

#27 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny, but I seem to be the only one here who seems to believe that Doom stands a chance. That said, and since the creator of the thread doesn't even seem to find it much of a battle, why even post this? Just to pump up the Loki fanbase? ;)

#28 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

#29 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Master of Mischief Loki.

#30 Posted by Vodka Headshot (153 posts) - - Show Bio

1 year and 4 months ago huh?

#31 Posted by lordraiden (7007 posts) - - Show Bio
Vodka Headshot said:
"1 year and 4 months ago huh?"

is that like a superpower lol
#32 Posted by Fresh Prince (5064 posts) - - Show Bio
Eternal Chaos said:
"

Loki.

"
#33 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#34 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Doom wins with prep time or without preptime. :P
#35 Posted by spidey209 (571 posts) - - Show Bio
Wario88 said:
"Dr. Doom wins with prep time or without preptime. :P"

with prep time,maybe but i think that loki wins if they meet randomly
#36 Posted by RJ-Austin (2 posts) - - Show Bio

loki cuz loki is like a god and Dr. Doom get beat to much loki could easly trick someone more powerful than Doom into fighting him 

#37 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
RJ-Austin said:
"loki cuz loki is like a god and Dr. Doom get beat to much loki could easly trick someone more powerful than Doom into fighting him "

I strongly agree. Loki is not called the Master of Mischief for nothing.
#38 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

loki but doom might win if he had prep

#39 Posted by Fresh Prince (5064 posts) - - Show Bio
Wario88 said:
"Dr. Doom wins with prep time or without preptime. :P"
Doom loses without prep
#40 Posted by lordraiden (7007 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"loki but doom might win if he had prep"

Well, if you give one sided prep, then your aiming for a one sided victory! If prep is given, it should be with both oponents, to make it even, otherwise? It's a one sided fight that only could come to one conclusion!
#41 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

random encounter Loki,
with a little prep Doom

#42 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom 

#43 Posted by Ultimate Magneto (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance said:
"  

Yep, with prep-time Doom can take this. Doom has sucked the powers right out of Surfer, Uatu, Galactus, Beyonder, and so forth. Can Loki do all of that? HAS Loki done any of that? I'm NOT discrediting Loki because he's devious, clever, cunning, tricky, and very highly intelligent and powerful, but Doom for all the fact he's a human has done equally -- if not more than -- impressive things. Random encounter would go to Loki unless Doom plays smart and Loki plays dumb, but that's just stupid. 

With prep on both sides I can see where some people are saying Loki would screw around with Doom's plans, but Doom is FAR from a pushover when it comes to magic... Can Loki take on classic Dr. Strange? Doom isn't quite THAT high, but he's up there. If Loki can take classic strange then it's a pretty nasty fight... If Loki is squashed like nothing by classic Strange then I can see Doom winning fairly well, but not in a curbstomp by the greatest stretch of the imagination. Doom once devised a machine that allowed him to beat all of Marvel earth, then got bored and returned things to normal. Another time Doom created a gas that made everyone bow to his will.. This included strong minds such as X-Men and Avengers (to my knowledge), and even bent the will of Magneto to his own. People saying either man wins in a curbstomp, though, is probably heavily underestimating the combatants... By the way, has Loki ever gone into a straight battle without prep and at least kept it close? Who were these people? I see him facing Silver Surfer which is impressive, but did he have time to prepare in that instance? 

P.S. This thread was ancient and got resurrected. Is there no rule against bumping dinosaur old threads?
#44 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

I personaly don't think loki can out wit doom. Doom doesn't even think loki to be a real threat at all, and doesn't care about siphoning his power.
#45 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

most gods are above sourceror supremes......

#46 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the apprentice doom wins i guess.... but when this thread was made doom would have lost. loki ftw
#47 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

doom wins

#48 Posted by Dachenday (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Doom would win. 

Here are my reasons. 

1 In secret wars, Doom attempted to  disintegrate Thor.  I realize that he actually missed, but the very fact that Thor felt that he needed to run away implies that he(Thor) thought that Doom and friends could have put up quite a fight.   

2 Also in secret wars Enchantress was clearly subservient to Doom.  I got the impression that she was afraid of the same disintegration ray, but I'm not sure. 

Note: I made the assumption that Thor, Loki, and Enchantress were at least close in power level. 
2nd note: to my knowledge Doom did not use any magic at all in secret wars, and has certainly gotten more proficient in it's use since then.  Loki on the other hand has not gotten any more powerful, as far as I know.   

#49 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dachenday said:
" I believe Doom would win.  Here are my reasons.  1 In secret wars, Doom attempted to  disintegrate Thor.  I realize that he actually missed, but the very fact that Thor felt that he needed to run away implies that he(Thor) thought that Doom and friends could have put up quite a fight.    2 Also in secret wars Enchantress was clearly subservient to Doom.  I got the impression that she was afraid of the same disintegration ray, but I'm not sure.  Note: I made the assumption that Thor, Loki, and Enchantress were at least close in power level. 2nd note: to my knowledge Doom did not use any magic at all in secret wars, and has certainly gotten more proficient in it's use since then.  Loki on the other hand has not gotten any more powerful, as far as I know.    "
Which they're not, since they have different power-sets. 
#50 Posted by Manchine (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

In this battle I got to give it to Loki.  Specially with no prep time.  Doom might have a chance with prep time.