• 82 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Location: Asgard.   
Loki can use magic.
Starting distance: 100 feet apart.   
Loki is in his Adult form.
Bloodlust is on.
This is H/P Doomsday.  
DD can't come back if he dies. 
Win is by Death or K.O.  
Who wins? 
 

VS 

Action Comics #901
#2 Posted by demifiend (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Loki has his rape-face on in that picture and he knows the battlefield, I'm leaning towards him... But I don't have very much knowledge of him outside of the classic Loki's feats...

#5 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
Loki. He throws him into the cancerverse or something.
#6 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#7 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son: Does Doomsday have much of a chance as Loki does?
#8 Edited by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: I would think so. I don't think Doomsday's evolution would work fast enough to prevent him from being knocked out though.
#9 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Since you did not specify no magic is allowed, Loki wins, hands down !

#10 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son: Good point. Maybe, killed.
#11 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud: Oh yeah, I wasn't sure about that. I guess I'll give him the right to have magic.
#12 Edited by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:

@WindCloud: Oh yeah, I wasn't sure about that. I guess I'll give him the right to have magic.

Yep, coz without that,  i  don't know of any conceivable ways that he can defeat DmsD, w/o prep..
#13 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: There's that too, haha.
#14 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud: Very true.  
 
@WindCloud: Indeed. lol 
#15 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki stomp
#16 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#17 Posted by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki's actually pretty powerful. His two biggest problems are character flaws of the cliched villain variety, specifically: 
 
1) Massive overconfidence. He's smart and clever, but he thinks he's perfect and flawless, which means his plans often have obvious, gaping holes in them, because he either assumes they are foolproof, or that all his opponents are so much weaker and dumber than himself that they could never thwart his schemes anyway. 
 
2) Cowardice. Loki is pretty powerful, more powerful than any other Asgardian besides Odin. Thor might have more raw power, but Loki has a lot more versatility. However, Loki is a coward, and if at any point faces stiff, unexpected opposition, will choose to flee, even if he could probably defeat his opponent if he just kept his head on straight and thought about it for two seconds. 
 
That's classic Loki though. I haven't read any of the newer stuff yet, so I don't know how much might have been changed by Stracynzski. 
 
Anyway, even classic Loki, when he could get over himself, could do some impressive things. He actually gave a decent showing against Surtur once. Not that he won, but considering Surtur's power, he still did quite well.

#18 Posted by Assman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki won't be able to defeat or restrain him physically, bfr is always his best option for survival, cause the instant DD gets his hands on the real Loki, it's over.

#19 Edited by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Assman: Is Doomsday immune to transmutation? Is there any particular reason Loki couldn't turn him into a frog or a tree or something? 
 
Loki can also fly and teleport, so he should be able to outmaneuver Doomsday indefinitely, since this is just Hunter/Prey DD.
#20 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Assman said:
Loki won't be able to defeat or restrain him physically, bfr is always his best option for survival, cause the instant DD gets his hands on the real Loki, it's over.

i agree
um can you remove that ASS avatar it disgusting =)
#21 Posted by Assman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
@Assman said:
Loki won't be able to defeat or restrain him physically, bfr is always his best option for survival, cause the instant DD gets his hands on the real Loki, it's over.
i agree um can you remove that ASS avatar it disgusting =)
No, unfortunately, I can't.  But thanx for asking :-)
#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
Loki's actually pretty powerful. His two biggest problems are character flaws of the cliched villain variety, specifically:  1) Massive overconfidence. He's smart and clever, but he thinks he's perfect and flawless, which means his plans often have obvious, gaping holes in them, because he either assumes they are foolproof, or that all his opponents are so much weaker and dumber than himself that they could never thwart his schemes anyway.  2) Cowardice. Loki is pretty powerful, more powerful than any other Asgardian besides Odin. Thor might have more raw power, but Loki has a lot more versatility. However, Loki is a coward, and if at any point faces stiff, unexpected opposition, will choose to flee, even if he could probably defeat his opponent if he just kept his head on straight and thought about it for two seconds.  That's classic Loki though. I haven't read any of the newer stuff yet, so I don't know how much might have been changed by Stracynzski.  Anyway, even classic Loki, when he could get over himself, could do some impressive things. He actually gave a decent showing against Surtur once. Not that he won, but considering Surtur's power, he still did quite well.
Nicely said.
 
@higher_evolutionary said:
i agree um can you remove that ASS avatar it disgusting =)
You are asking him to become the person he is not... :p
#23 Posted by Assman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
@Freefa11 said:
Loki's actually pretty powerful. His two biggest problems are character flaws of the cliched villain variety, specifically:  1) Massive overconfidence. He's smart and clever, but he thinks he's perfect and flawless, which means his plans often have obvious, gaping holes in them, because he either assumes they are foolproof, or that all his opponents are so much weaker and dumber than himself that they could never thwart his schemes anyway.  2) Cowardice. Loki is pretty powerful, more powerful than any other Asgardian besides Odin. Thor might have more raw power, but Loki has a lot more versatility. However, Loki is a coward, and if at any point faces stiff, unexpected opposition, will choose to flee, even if he could probably defeat his opponent if he just kept his head on straight and thought about it for two seconds.  That's classic Loki though. I haven't read any of the newer stuff yet, so I don't know how much might have been changed by Stracynzski.  Anyway, even classic Loki, when he could get over himself, could do some impressive things. He actually gave a decent showing against Surtur once. Not that he won, but considering Surtur's power, he still did quite well.
Nicely said.
 
@higher_evolutionary said:
i agree um can you remove that ASS avatar it disgusting =)
You are asking him to become the person he is not... :p
Thank you :-)  And agreed to the above also.
#24 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Assman: i was jk
#25 Posted by Assman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
@Assman: i was jk
I know, i'ts all good :-)
#26 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster said:
Doomsday.
#27 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki FTW.

#28 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki 
#29 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

loki via BFR or if he gets prep... god knows what his freaky mind will come up with
#30 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:

I don't know how much might have been changed by Stracynzski.

  
He is not a coward anymore, he is also more agresive and cruel and has an EPIC use of prep-time that makes him a real threat, he also gained new fighting skills (He defeated Bor's Disir by himself)...
#31 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Loki here... and even if DD did come back i think Loki could find more than one way to defeat him

#32 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooki

#33 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a question to you, Loki supporters. How can Loki even scratch H/P Doomsday ?

#34 Posted by Killemall (16955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster: Transmutation.. not really an expert on H/P Doomsday but is there a reason to believe Loki wouldnt be able to turn Doomsday into a toad or a rabbit?? has he shown immunity to magic?? if he has i am always ready to switch sides =D
#35 Edited by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@Boobster: Transmutation.. not really an expert on H/P Doomsday but is there a reason to believe Loki wouldnt be able to turn Doomsday into a toad or a rabbit?? has he shown immunity to magic?? if he has i am always ready to switch sides =D

Has Loki ever transmutated someone powerful ? 
Transmutation is... meh. Not a power used too often, not a power that works every time. If it was that easy, then every character with transmutation ability should have been able to easily beat another but they didn't.
Seriously, you could argue that Loki could transmute... Balder, Sif, Heimdall, Odin just because they didn't show any transmutation resistance.
Which is.. not right. 
You see, certain character's physiology does cancel out powers like those. Like, for example, Hulk, who, unlike others, doesn't explode when Vision phases through him. Or like Juggernaut being immune to molecular manipulation. See, Doomsday doesn't even have blood or internal organs ( well, aside from eyes, of course). His unique physiology adapts itself to overcome the attacker's power much to the point where he is uneffected by it. Hunter/Prey Doomsday could evolve during the battle, he literally couldn't be taken out by anything, he just grew more powerful until Waverider and Superman had to place him into the Entropy, where the entire universe dies.
And I don't think that Loki would even think about using that power. He knows nothing of Doomsday and will probably underestimate him ( like Darkseid), but when he sees that his magic is nothing.. He'd better teleport himself back to Asgard.
#36 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster


Has Loki ever transmutated someone powerful ? 

 
Yes, Thor into a Frog and Bor (a Skyfather) into snow.  
 

And I don't think that Loki would even think about using that power. He knows nothing of Doomsday and will probably underestimate him ( like Darkseid). 

 
I don't think so, Loki, unlike Darkseid, always try tio learn about his opponent, then he thinks on a strategy to defeat his opponent.
#37 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@Boobster


Has Loki ever transmutated someone powerful ? 

 
Yes, Thor into a Frog and Bor (a Skyfather) into snow.  
 

And I don't think that Loki would even think about using that power. He knows nothing of Doomsday and will probably underestimate him ( like Darkseid). 

 I don't think so, Loki, unlike Darkseid, always try tio learn about his opponent, then he thinks on a strategy to defeat his opponent.
Aha
Because he will have time to think up a strategy when Doomsday shows his knuckle bones up Loki's throat.
#38 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster
Loki is able to teleport himself, or teleport Doomsday away, or Loki can win by BFR...
#39 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@Boobster: Loki is able to teleport himself, or teleport Doomsday away, or Loki can win by BFR...
In the OP is it said that win is by KO or Death. So I think BFRing is not allowed.
#40 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster
... Teleporting Doomsday to a place that could kill him counts as BFR, right?
#41 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@Boobster: ... Teleporting Doomsday to a place that could kill him counts as BFR, right?
Yes.
#42 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster
That is good, thanks...
#43 Posted by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: Sounds good. Looks like I'll have something to look forward to when I get the trades. 
 
@Boobster said:
@Deadcool said: 
 I don't think so, Loki, unlike Darkseid, always try tio learn about his opponent, then he thinks on a strategy to defeat his opponent.
Aha Because he will have time to think up a strategy when Doomsday shows his knuckle bones up Loki's throat.
 
Loki, also unlike Darkseid, has a relatively strong inclination to dodge and maneuver. 
 
#44 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
@Deadcool: Sounds good. Looks like I'll have something to look forward to when I get the trades.


I recommend you to read the Thor #12 such an awesome Loki issue...
#45 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, if doomsday can evolv to be immune to magic then he taks it. But I can't remember if he could do that.
#46 Posted by Boobster (1608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
@Deadcool: Sounds good. Looks like I'll have something to look forward to when I get the trades. 
 
@Boobster said:
@Deadcool said: 
 I don't think so, Loki, unlike Darkseid, always try tio learn about his opponent, then he thinks on a strategy to defeat his opponent.
Aha Because he will have time to think up a strategy when Doomsday shows his knuckle bones up Loki's throat.
 
Loki, also unlike Darkseid, has a relatively strong inclination to dodge and maneuver. 
 
What is the point of your scan ? Surtur is slow.
Doomsday is much faster.
And I doubt Loki won in that encounter.
#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#48 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday isn't made to deal with a magic user at Loki's level. Loki FTW!

#49 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#50 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant said:

Loki.