#1 Edited by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised this has never been done before? How does Brainiac fair against the trickster god Loki in an all out battle? Starts out when Loki appears on Brainiacs ship taunting him.

vs

#2 Posted by Bo88gdan (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki maybe

#3 Posted by Stompa (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic>science so i go for Loki.

#4 Posted by nickthedevil (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

Without any knowledge of Loki, im inclined to say its a Stomp in favor of Loki

#5 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Without prep, Loki stomps.

With prep, the fight could go 50/50(depending on which version of Brainiac)

#6 Posted by Nefarious (21962 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki turns him into a fish.

#7 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

The Asgardian trickster.

#8 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki stomps him badly.

#9 Posted by termiteone4ever (7891 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainaic .

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

loki

#11 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

I say down the middle, imo.

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Loki turns him into a fish.

This.

#13 Posted by never give up (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

loki. he says my favorite thing in the picture. yes, it is mud -_-

#15 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#16 Edited by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac has a 12'th level intellect. Brainiac is so far ahead of Loki that Loki couldn't even begin to understand or even try to know what Brainiac is and can do. Brainiac could destroy Loki with his advanced technology and extreme intelligence.

#17 Posted by DrunkenAfficianado (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand the lack of comprehension of Brainiac (and Loki) in a world of Wolverine and Batman. I will say up front: I am an oldie. After years of cynicism and boredom, I have returned to the comics which fascinated me as a kid, long before the existence of company-based statistical power-ratings between the heroes presented as an Encyclopedia of the respective Universe described. One beauty of comic books that has been lost with the long-term established companies like DC and Marvel (and even Darkhorse), is that the characters have been so defined-- down to the color of their grandmother's underwear-- that the "battles" which seem to define the precedence of ethical issues have become meaningless as the results were already so determined, (because everyone had the same encyclopedia) no one would take the other side of the trade, and any counter-intuitive "victory"-- when checked against the encyclopedia of strength-ratings-- is suddenly judged after the fact, not as "a win" but as "valid" which checks out against the "rules."

The reason Loki and Brainiac have never battled is that they are very similar archetypes (The Crow): If, due to mere super-human powers, Superman is considered as a "divine" figure or a demi-God, Brainiac and Loki fulfill the same function as goad to the "morally good but less intelligent being." In fact, one argument implicit in this set-up is that Loki/Brainiac, though with far worse marketing, may actually be the "better" protector for humanity or "life" because though physically weaker, each is far less stupid than our "hero gods." In fact, often the battles are over some aspect the "Good Guy" refused to initially consider, such that his excellent moral act for all to see may have been doing serious, though unintentional, harm elsewhere due to a too-easy simplistic solution.

Having said this: Loki IS a God in his Millieu. But there are few godly powers that Loki wields that Brainiac does not wield better through advanced technology. And advanced technology works in a lot of places where "spooky unexplainable God powers" won't work.

In my long reading, if there was a battle, Loki would be Neo in The Matrix, but Brainiac would be The Architect. Brainiac would laugh and tell Loki until he got bored, "Dude, this is the seventh time this has happened, and you still can't get out. Now go be the Oracle."

Brainiac is a distributed sentient entity capable of both combinatory serial and parallel processes with access to nearly an infinite power grid. "He" is an archivist of every doomed world.

If I had to choose any entity in any comic book universe, in order to survive, it would be Brainiac.

#18 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8717 posts) - - Show Bio

brainiack 5 out of 10

#19 Edited by Noone301994 (6308 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

#20 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac

#21 Posted by brainstorm01 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

can braniac resist magic?

loki.

#22 Posted by patrat18 (10702 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by SirNeko (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac.

#24 Edited by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac.

#25 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12366 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand the lack of comprehension of Brainiac (and Loki) in a world of Wolverine and Batman. I will say up front: I am an oldie. After years of cynicism and boredom, I have returned to the comics which fascinated me as a kid, long before the existence of company-based statistical power-ratings between the heroes presented as an Encyclopedia of the respective Universe described. One beauty of comic books that has been lost with the long-term established companies like DC and Marvel (and even Darkhorse), is that the characters have been so defined-- down to the color of their grandmother's underwear-- that the "battles" which seem to define the precedence of ethical issues have become meaningless as the results were already so determined, (because everyone had the same encyclopedia) no one would take the other side of the trade, and any counter-intuitive "victory"-- when checked against the encyclopedia of strength-ratings-- is suddenly judged after the fact, not as "a win" but as "valid" which checks out against the "rules."

The reason Loki and Brainiac have never battled is that they are very similar archetypes (The Crow): If, due to mere super-human powers, Superman is considered as a "divine" figure or a demi-God, Brainiac and Loki fulfill the same function as goad to the "morally good but less intelligent being." In fact, one argument implicit in this set-up is that Loki/Brainiac, though with far worse marketing, may actually be the "better" protector for humanity or "life" because though physically weaker, each is far less stupid than our "hero gods." In fact, often the battles are over some aspect the "Good Guy" refused to initially consider, such that his excellent moral act for all to see may have been doing serious, though unintentional, harm elsewhere due to a too-easy simplistic solution.

Having said this: Loki IS a God in his Millieu. But there are few godly powers that Loki wields that Brainiac does not wield better through advanced technology. And advanced technology works in a lot of places where "spooky unexplainable God powers" won't work.

In my long reading, if there was a battle, Loki would be Neo in The Matrix, but Brainiac would be The Architect. Brainiac would laugh and tell Loki until he got bored, "Dude, this is the seventh time this has happened, and you still can't get out. Now go be the Oracle."

Brainiac is a distributed sentient entity capable of both combinatory serial and parallel processes with access to nearly an infinite power grid. "He" is an archivist of every doomed world.

If I had to choose any entity in any comic book universe, in order to survive, it would be Brainiac.

Now this...this right here is deserving of a follow.

#26 Posted by comic_book_fan (5842 posts) - - Show Bio

brainiac

#27 Posted by TheMagicStik (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac wins because copied Kryptonian physiology + distributed conscious = unkillable even to magic.

#28 Edited by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins. with or without prep.