Vs.

Hal Jordan & Alan Scott
Hal Jordan & Alan Scott

X-Mansion
X-Mansion

Rules:

• Pre-52 Lanterns.
  • Match begins 50 feet apart.
  • Both parties are very serious, but retain some morals.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Victory by any means.

Winner gets $5, a pack of gum, and get a fridge full of "surprises".

I thought this would be an alright match, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

No Caption Provided

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm inclined to give this to Team 2. Although the question is how much of the Starheart does Alan have access to? He could potentially solo.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@beaconofstrength: sorry mate even though a case could be made for the Lanterns im gonna have to go with Loki and Ronan

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very close, I think Ronan's universal weapon is the deciding factor IMO.

It can go either way, depending how they play this out.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very close, I think Ronan's universal weapon is the deciding factor IMO.

This.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 said:

This.

Curious as to why the UW is a deciding factor in this fight. I really don't see team 1 taking this from the Lanterns.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: These characters have various ways they can fight this, and the reason I think the Ronan's universal weapon is the deciding factor; is due to the vast things it can do.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: True it is very versatile but so is the GL ring. Most of what the UW weapon can do can also be done by the ring but I don't see Ronan winning for the team in this fight because he isn't strong enough to bypass their shields and isn't durable enough to take on multiple blasts with the force a GL can dish out.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: Ronan also has shields of his own, and his weapon has some

slightly abilities; and you do know Loki is here too, he is no slouch either.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan, as much as he's my favorite Marvel villain, is harshly outclassed by Hal. Green Lantern Rings are superior to Universal Weapons in basically every way.

I don't really think Loki would take a majority over either of the Lanterns...

Team 2 takes it. It's not an easy fight though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Since Alan Scott is serious here, he's more likely to be fighting akin to how he battled against Mordru, the guy who can stomp the JSA with ease, own the most powerful magical beings in the DCU and still took some trouble to beat Alan Scott. Loki doesn't have that kind of magical might so if Alan fights Loki, he should be able to match him just fine. As for Hal vs Ronan, the GL rings are way more versatile than Ronan's Universal weapon and moreover, are more powerful to boot. So Team 2 should take a solid majority due to being more versatile and powerful than Loki and Ronan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GLs

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki solos tbh

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Loki solos tbh

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

No Caption Provided

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Loki solos tbh

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

No Caption Provided

He really does. Illusions+turning them to snow, etc.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he doesn't. If he could turn any old joe into snow he'd never lose...and he loses quite oft. Hal and Alan have transmutation feats that would defy Loki anyways as well as Alan's magic undoing the illusions, but I doubt your knowledge on the Lanterns anyway so I'm not surprised you missed that.........

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Loki solos tbh

No Caption Provided

I agree but remember who you're talking to here. I doubt anyone or any substantial evidence will change his mind.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

No, he doesn't. If he could turn any old joe into snow he'd never lose...and he loses quite oft. Hal and Alan have transmutation feats that would defy Loki anyways as well as Alan's magic undoing the illusions, but I doubt your knowledge on the Lanterns anyway so I'm not surprised you missed that.........

Except he turned a skyfather into snow. Are GLs >>>skyfathers? No they're not.

His illusions have also worked on Odin. Are GLs>>>Odin?

And that's dumb to say Loki can't do it just because he doesn't ALWAYS do it. I mean he rarely ever loses legit, but it'd be a dumb argument regardless. That's like saying if GL could do "___" they'd never lose. No matter what's in the blank, it's a dumb argument.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abc logic.....what a surprise.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sy8000  Online

@lvenger said:

Since Alan Scott is serious here, he's more likely to be fighting akin to how he battled against Mordru, the guy who can stomp the JSA with ease, own the most powerful magical beings in the DCU and still took some trouble to beat Alan Scott. Loki doesn't have that kind of magical might so if Alan fights Loki, he should be able to match him just fine. As for Hal vs Ronan, the GL rings are way more versatile than Ronan's Universal weapon and moreover, are more powerful to boot. So Team 2 should take a solid majority due to being more versatile and powerful than Loki and Ronan.

I'd have to disagree. Ronan's versaility is at least comparable to Hal's and while he's weaker in raw power, he has the energy blast feats to suggest he could match Hal's blasts. Hal could probably win due to telepathy and speed.

Team 2 does win though. In the end of the day Alan just has far too much raw power for either of them to adequately handle.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lanterns.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden said:

Abc logic.....what a surprise.

Yeah, that's the only way to compare people from different universes. Loki's feats>>>>GLs feats. Period. Nothing helps them from being tricked by illusions and turned into snow/candy/etc.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 have them outclassed

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'd have to disagree. Ronan's versaility is at least comparable to Hal's and while he's weaker in raw power, he has the energy blast feats to suggest he could match Hal's blasts. Hal could probably win due to telepathy and speed.

Team 2 does win though. In the end of the day Alan just has far too much raw power for either of them to adequately handle.

Well Alan is less versatile than Hal so if Ronan would be matching anyone in versatility, it'd be Alan. Obviously not in raw power though. As for energy blasts, Hal has shown some very powerful blasts in morals as you know better than I do and Ronan's Universal Weapon was overpowered by Eric Masterson wielding Thor, who wasn't very experienced using the hammer. It took all his concentration just to beat Ronan.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ronan does not have the physical attributes to compete with the dc heroes so i would say he is the weak link and the reason why dc wins