#1 Edited by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

If the two had thought strictly hand to hand, without Loki's spear but Captain America gets his shield, who do you think would win?

Could Captain America stand more of a chance or not?

I edited this to give Cap more of a chance.

#2 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

LOki would probably win

#3 Posted by Outside_85 (9171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm unfortunately I seem to recall Loki only getting put on his back whenever Cap managed to pull an unexpected move on him with the shield...physically Loki is just much stronger and more durable than Cap is.

#4 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan: I agree, I know it's a bit of a mismatch but I think Cap could put up a bit of a fight.

#5 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#6 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins, he is much more durable and stronger than Cap

#7 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki Hands down.

#8 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki stomps. In Avengers he was toying with Cap, just bidding his time.

#9 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Yeah I agree, though I think the only move Cap did that had any effect was that jump kick. Apart from that everything else didn't see to phase him at all.

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Loki stomps. In Avengers he was toying with Cap, just bidding his time.

#11 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki survived Hulk's thrashing, not to mention Thor's flying him to the ground and dropping him there (it was not exactly a soft landing). Loki would win, he was toying with cap.

#12 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: I agree with all of what you have said, however I've edited it to give Cap more of a chance. If Cap keeps his shield in the fight while Loki is still unarmed, in your opinion could he stand more of a chance or not?

#13 Posted by Darkseid11 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki pretty much beat Cap in the Avengers movie untill Iron man showed up.

#14 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki. Cap doesn't really have any way of putting him down, since Loki was basically stunned after getting slammed over and over again by the Hulk.

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to agree with others saying Loki. Loki was winning Cap even without using the spear. If Iron Man hadn't showed up, things would be so good for him.

@texasdeathmatch said:

Loki was basically stunned after getting slammed over and over again by the Hulk.

One of the funniest scenes in the movie lol

#16 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki took down the Cap rather easily in the movie.

#17 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3099 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki ftw

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30702 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki. I hate the fact that people are bringing up the "fight" with Cap. Did everyone just... forget that Loki wanted to be captured?

#19 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Loki. I hate the fact that people are bringing up the "fight" with Cap. Did everyone just... forget that Loki wanted to be captured?

He did but that doesn't change the fact the Loki was winning.

#20 Edited by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@JediXMan said:

With the scepter, the OP stated that loki doesn't get the scepter

But still cap loses IMO

#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@JediXMan said:

But still cap loses IMO

From what I remember he wasn't relying that much on the spear during their fight.

#22 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@justleader said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@JediXMan said:

But still cap loses IMO

From what I remember he wasn't relying that much on the spear during their fight.

It's quite the opposite, he did rely on the spear, and the spear did give him an advantage, but still, Loki is too much durable for Cap, so he wins this

#23 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader:Cap can win via submission or incapacitation.

#24 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@justleader:Cap can win via submission or incapacitation.

Well, the main problem is how can he do that?

#25 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader:Arm lock or any grappling moves, as long as he gets him in the right position so Loki can't use his super strength to rip cap's arm in half Cap and win like that.

#26 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: I can't imagine Cap being able to make Loki submit in any scenario lol..

#27 Edited by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief:Cap will tell threaten to bring Doctor Phil.

#28 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@justleader:Arm lock or any grappling moves, as long as he gets him in the right position so Loki can't use his super strength to rip cap's arm in half Cap and win like that.

even when Cap threw his shield it didnt affect loki, his physical strength wont matter on loki, he's too durable, so no Cap isnt winning here.

#29 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader: no he needs not knock out or kill loki to win just incapacitate him (wrestling move) and prevent him from fighting back which will count as a win considering the CV battle rules.

#30 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@justleader: no he needs not knock out or kill loki to win just incapacitate him (wrestling move) and prevent him from fighting back which will count as a win considering the CV battle rules.

Im not talking about knocking loki out or killing him, im talking about literally affecting loki, since even when Cap threw his shield loki didnt get affected, his punch barely did anything to Loki, so im failing to understand how could Cap keep up with loki in a H2H combat.

#31 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader: no all he has to do is this

#32 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@justleader: no all he has to do is this

LOL i perfectly understand what you're trying to say, all im saying is that he cant do it, since loki is much stronger and much more durable what's so hard to understand?

#33 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader:I don't think strength could get you out of a good hold, though it's just my opinion :P

#34 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@justleader:I don't think strength could get you out of a good hold, though it's just my opinion :P

What? strength is the main factor here, that's the main reason i said cap cant do that to loki.

You're comparing humans, yes for a human it would be tough, but there's a big difference in loki's and cap's strength, and also loki has super senses, he can sense an attack coming (like hawkeye's arrow).

#35 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: You don't always need strength to get out of a good hold, I'd say technique is more important. However when someone's got you in a good hold it's not easy to get out of.

#36 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@drgnx: I agree with all of what you have said, however I've edited it to give Cap more of a chance. If Cap keeps his shield in the fight while Loki is still unarmed, in your opinion could he stand more of a chance or not?

No, I think Captain could annoy him for a bit, but Loki should eventually grab him and beat him.

#37 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey if Black Panther can do it....

#38 Posted by GoldKing (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I've frequently wondered what would've happened had Ironman not shown up. How much longer could Cap have fought on with Loki? What would'va happened?

I mean, Cap was such a beast in The First Avenger, yet when he goes up against Loki, he looks rather weak by comparison.