Who do you think was a better villain?

#2 Posted by exlmagician (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, easily.

#3 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is a far better villain.

#4 Posted by Libertyprime (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

#5 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki in all points. Raimi's Goblin was just awful. I mean look at that armour..

#6 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

#7 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally liked them both a lot.

#8 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

#9 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki. He really sold the emotion behind the role to me.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18211 posts) - - Show Bio

@krilling said:

#11 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@krilling said:

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@ShootingNova said:

#13 Posted by space_coyote (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was a lot more interesting than that Power Ranger villain

#14 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9334 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt said:

I personally liked them both a lot.

#15 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

#16 Posted by NCC1396 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

@space_coyote: Hahaha that made me lol

#17 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin out of nostalgia lol

#18 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@ShootingNova said:

#19 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki by a far margin in my opinion.

#20 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was a better villain because of how much of a threat to the entire world he was. The Goblin was a better villain because of how much he was a threat to Spider-Man on a personal level.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

Loki was a better villain because of how much of a threat to the entire world he was. The Goblin was a better villain because of how much he was a threat to Spider-Man on a personal level.

Loki was a threat to Thor personally...

#22 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Green Goblin was much more of a villain personally to Spider-Man then Loki was to Thor.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Green Goblin was much more of a villain personally to Spider-Man then Loki was to Thor.

Depends on how you view it. Loki was not just a threat to Earth, but to Asgard and many other worlds.

#24 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Depends on how you view it. Loki was not just a threat to Earth, but to Asgard and many other worlds.

And Green Goblin was a threat to Spider-Man. Loki was a better villain overall, but Green Goblin got under the heroes skin much worse.

#25 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

@krilling said:

#26 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

Raimi's costume was terrible but I loved his crazy performance.

#27 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does just about every user on this site hate the first 2 Spider-Man movies? They were fucking fantastic. As far as the question goes, as a villain, the Goblin was better because he had no remorse. He was obsessed with power and was completely crazy. Loki was probably a more developed character though because he had remorse, and you got to see more sides to him than just the villain. As a villain: Goblin; as a character: Loki.

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

And Green Goblin was a threat to Spider-Man. Loki was a better villain overall, but Green Goblin got under the heroes skin much worse.

Loki was a villain to more heroes, but I see your point.

#29 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

I just believe Loki didn't do enough to REALLY piss Thor off, I mean the Goblin put Aunt May in the hospital, threatened to torture/murder Mary Jane, and even in death made an enemy out of his best friend.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

I just believe Loki didn't do enough to REALLY piss Thor off, I mean the Goblin put Aunt May in the hospital, threatened to torture/murder Mary Jane, and even in death made an enemy out of his best friend.

Loki manipulated Odin (Thor's father), tried to take over the world and tried to destroy it and tried to usurp the throne of Asgard... I think Thor would be angry at all of these things,

#31 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Loki manipulated Odin (Thor's father), tried to take over the world and tried to destroy it and tried to usurp the throne of Asgard... I think Thor would be angry at all of these things,

Those things aren't as personal.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Manipulating Odin sure as hell is.

#33 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Sending your aunt to the hospital and threatening to torture your lover after throwing her off a bridge is pretty personal.

#34 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova: Sending your aunt to the hospital and threatening to torture your lover after throwing her off a bridge is pretty personal.

Yup, sure is. Putting your father in a week of comatose sure is too. And threatening to destroy the world (including Thor's Warriors Three friends and his girlfriend) is too.

#35 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Yup, sure is. Putting your father in a week of comatose sure is too. And threatening to destroy the world (including Thor's Warriors Three friends and his girlfriend) is too.

He fell into Odinsleep naturally, and threatening humanity wasn't meant as a personal challenge against Thor, if he was actually trying to kill his girlfriend I'd agree.

#36 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

He fell into Odinsleep naturally, and threatening humanity wasn't meant as a personal challenge against Thor, if he was actually trying to kill his girlfriend I'd agree.

Well, Loki was manipulating him and all, Odinsleep wasn't really the big deal to Thor. Except in the scope of the destruction were Thor's friends and girlfriend.

#37 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Well, Loki was manipulating him and all, Odinsleep wasn't really the big deal to Thor. Except in the scope of the destruction were Thor's friends and girlfriend.

I don't believe Loki even knew of Jane Foster's existence...

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Nope, but he would have destroyed her anyways, so Thor wouldn't let that happen.

#39 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ShootingNova said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Nope, but he would have destroyed her anyways, so Thor wouldn't let that happen.

But Loki didn't go out of his way to hurt Thor emotionally like the Goblin did.

#40 Posted by TDK_1997 (14452 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#41 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I never felt like Loki was a real threat to Thor. Goblin at least made me worry for Parker.

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki was bulletproof.

#43 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@space_coyote said:

Loki was a lot more interesting than that Power Ranger villain

you messing with jesus?

#44 Posted by Dailyukulele (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Dafoe is a better actor, but once the suit came on, he was basically a power ranger villain. He was a good villain when it was just him though.

Loki overall wins this.

#45 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

the green goblin killed himself lol Loki takes this

#46 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Loki

#47 Posted by RetardRobot (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins by a huge margin.