Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team Avatar:

Korra, Mako, Bolin

Allies:

Lin, Tenzin, Tonraq

In this battle, Korra's team Avatar will do battle with some of their allies, who will win?

All are in character but willing to fight each other like any other enemy.

Book 4 versions of all characters. Korra is perfectly healthy, but no Avatar State

Lin has her armor and cables, Tenzin has his glider

Fight takes place in the Spirit World where Wan fought Vaatu. There are rock pillars like the ones where Aang first fought Combustion Man in the area too

Round 1:

Korra does not have waterbending

Round 2:

Korra has all four elements

Bonus Round:

Same as round 2, except all are morals off and bloodlusted

Who will win?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Lins a bit of a weak link seeing as bolin can turn any earth she bends into lava. The only serious problem is tenzin but mako can take him out with lightning. He hasn't really shown he can react to that.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Lins a bit of a weak link seeing as bolin can turn any earth she bends into lava. The only serious problem is tenzin but mako can take him out with lightning. He hasn't really shown he can react to that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arcus1

@jmarshmallow

@highaccuser said:

Lin has her metal cables too (I was debating giving her more metal to work with)

People slower than Tenzin have reacted to lightning

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: the metal cables wouldn't really be enough. Korra can stop them.

That doesn't automatically mean tenzin can, especially since he typically airbends shields rather than dodging, which won't work with lighning.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Allies.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team Avatar

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: the metal cables wouldn't really be enough. Korra can stop them.

That doesn't automatically mean tenzin can, especially since he typically airbends shields rather than dodging, which won't work with lighning.

Korra could potentially counter them, but Lin is a far more experienced metal bender

Tenzin dodges plenty, and it's not like he'll be stupid and try to block lightning

Team Avatar

Any reasons?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I know, but it doesn't take a lot to stop some cables.

I still don't think he has the feats to dodge lighting, especially wider blasts.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I know, but it doesn't take a lot to stop some cables.

I still don't think he has the feats to dodge lighting, especially wider blasts.

Why not, when Zuko, Bolin, and random escaped prisoners have dodged it?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: because those feats are their own. Regarding the prisoners, the mechs tanks weren't that fast so dodging their aim is much easier.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

Yeah, but Tenzin's as fast as or faster than them. The mecha weren't really that slow at all

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Tonraq vs korra: Tonraq did pretty well against unalaq (though he did lose highhandedly), so i would imagine that he is a little weaker that him. i would imagine in a fight against korra (with no water bending), it would be a little in korra's favor, but the fight would last pretty long.

Mako vs tenzin: I think tenzin can out maneuver mako and not give him a chance to use his lightning. Tenzin should win this

Bolin vs lin: bolin should take this. lava bending is like the anti earth bending, plus with how much bolin has improved, he would be about to counter anything lin throws at him.

Korra+bolin vs tonraq and tenzin: i would imagine that team 1 can win out. they are more diverse in their skill set.

Round 2:

about the same as round 1

Round 3:

Still going with team 1. only a faster win for team 1

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: do you think it'd be better if Lin had more metal? I wasn't sure

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 & 2 I think we can give that to Team Allies in a brawl. I mean the argument that Lin can't take Bolin is kind of hard considering the fact that her metal bending is fast and her wires are a serious problem. Lin's got enough movement to and agility to make this a tough one to nail. But I think she's got a better KO here since she restrain damage and keep him on the move with metal.

Tenzin CAN beat Korra. It's tough but he can do it in a hard fight do to his deflection and superior knowledge.

Mako actually is the biggest problem because I think he can actually beat Tonraq quite handily.

R3- Idk.....everyone dies. I can see Bolin doing his lava thing and Lin dragging him into it with her cables.. And i dont think Mako can beat Lin even if he gets past Tonraq... Then idk how long Tenzin can handle a fully raged Avatar with all elements..... to hard

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jacthripper

I'll go with Avatar team, Lin being the weak link. She never did anything noteworthy on her own, and her skills were a little above average.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: she's pretty good with those cables @koays: why do you think Mako beats Tonraq handily?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Korra 6.5 - 7/10.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jacthripper

@arcus: She is, but considering that a prime Korra would outright stomp her, she gets put down quickly. (Oops this is current Korra, then I would give team 2 the advantage as she's still pathetic)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arcus1
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: "healthy" Korra was still getting her @ss beat by Kuvira

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: that wasn't healthy Korra, she's still clearly not fully recovered

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Mako's got speed and lightning to win with. Idk if Tonraq could pin Mako down in a situation like this and even though Mako doesn't have much in the way bending offense here its just going to increase the likely hood of lightning to finish this... If every other fight last 30minutes this one is lasting 15

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Lin and Tonraq are the weak links. It may take a while to get the first one, but they seem more powerful.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schleck33: think it'd be better if Lin had more metal to work with?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team avatar barely.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I think Tonraq doesn't really have too many feats and could be taken down by Korra with difficulty, Korra can stop Lin's cables while Bolin lava bends at her, Mako can hold off Tenzin for long enough for someone to help him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120:

Korra might not be able to fight Tonraq and stop Lin at the same time, especially considering Lin's a more skilled metal bender than her

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Korra vs. Tenzin. I feel like Korra's mastery of firebending will help her quite a bit and keep Tenzin on the defensive(which he's actually very good at). Obviously he can take quite the beating but Korra still clearly holds a physical advantage over him aside from maybe agility. She wins due to her superior damage output, durability, and overall bending versatility.

Mako vs Tonraq. Tonraq is skilled don't get me wrong, but he's not exactly the quickest character. Mako's a very good shot, and I can't see him missing more than a few lightning blasts. He'd really only need one or two to take him down due to Tonraq's penchant for using water arms.

Lin vs Bolin. Lavabending really puts this in his favor, as they were already comparable in earthbending prior to awakening this skill. Bolin tends to use it quite a bit now, and it would constantly put Lin on the defensive and make part of the area unusable for her. Then again..Lin could probably manipulate the metal on his uniform to incapacitate him early on if she notices it. If not then Bolin should win after a while.

Team Avatar 7/10 if Lin takes advantage of Bolin's uniform. 9/10 if not.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arcus1

@juiceboks:

Tonraq was fast enough to keep up with Zaheer and showed some good movement against Unalaq

Didn't think about Bolin having metal on his uniform, that might be kinda unfair. Her cables could be a problem

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: He had help from Korra and even then he almost died. His showing against Unalaq was impressive, but I'd say Mako's lightning is a lot less predictable and faster than Unalaq's bending. Mako's also pretty agile himself, having avoided Ming's attacks for a good while in both encounters and just what he's acquired from pro bending.

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By schleck33

Don't think Korra can beat Tenzin. He is a better airbender than Korra. She would need help taking him down.

Bolin can take Lin. Giving Team Avatar the edge.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: only because he had an extremely limited amount of water, I was thinking of their fight in the North Pole

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks: only because he had an extremely limited amount of water, I was thinking of their fight in the North Pole

Well on the flip side he had a generous amount of water available to him in the North Pole, so he was at an advantage he doesn't have here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks: that didn't help him with speed

No but it did help him with maneuverability, yet he still got knocked down in the few seconds of fighting they had.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A healthy Korra solos, tbh.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@juiceboks: that didn't help him with speed

No but it did help him with maneuverability, yet he still got knocked down in the few seconds of fighting they had.

Not really iirc

A healthy Korra solos, tbh.

You think so?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team avatar. Tonraq is a weak link, and will go down to any member of team Avatar. Bolin and Lin are pretty close, but I'd favor Bolin due to lavabending. Tenzin is the allies MVP, but I don't see him beating Korra, although he can probably stalemate for a while round 1 until Mako beats Tonraq. Round 2, Korra beats Tenzin, Bolin beats Lin, Mako beats Tonraq. Bonus, Korra steamrolls everyone with her ludicrously high raw power.

Korra>3 elements Korra>=Tenzin>Bolin>=Lin>Mako>Tonraq

comic_king77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go through strongest to weakest in each team

Korra (no waterbending) vs Tenzin - I give Tenzin the majority here, his fight against the Red Lotus members showed just how powerful he is and his dodging ability as well as the unpredictability of his air bending give him the edge here due to Korra's lack of waterbending

Mako vs Tonraq - Pretty close battle between these two, could go either way, however, I think the location favours Tonraq because if I remember correctly there is large expanses of water there, even with Mako's lightning due to surroundings Tonraq takes the majority here

Bolin vs Lin - Although I think Lin is a better Earthbender, the ability of bolin to lava bend any of her earth, as well as her lack of metal here greatly disadvantages her so Bolin takes the victory

Overall Round 1 goes to Allies

Round 2

Korra beats Tenzin after a tough battle with all the elements, as even with all his agility blocking all her attacks as well as her high level waterbending proves too much for him

Other two battles go the same way as before but this one goes to Team Avatar

Round 3

Same as Round 2 to be honest although bloodlusted favours an air nomad likes Tenzin, I think he will, after a very long fight, lose to Korra and then Team Avatar wins.

Round 1: Allies

Round 2&3 Team Avatar

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Allies in a good fight.

Tenzin > Lin > Korra > Bolin > Mako > Tonraq

Tonraq is a weak link but Lin and Tenzin are the two MVPs.

And the Korra fanboyism is so huge it's not even funny anymore.