**Logic: Superman VS Thor

• 50 results
DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A high majority admit that neither Thor nor Superman can withstand 1,000 punches from the other.

Ok, so let's have them fight.

Both are allowed to strike and evade. Who lands the 1,000 hits first.

How long does it take to land the hits?

How many punches does the winner and loser land?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Between a Nanosecond and a second

The 1,000

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must be new here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@dondave said:

Superman

The 1,000

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logic, Comic Vine, pick one.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Depends on how Thor is being written. If it's jobber-Thor, then Supes. If it's a well written Thor, he's actually pretty fast.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: We'll go by the rules and use however he's depicted consistently as.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just another thor is slow thread. I am pretty sure the OP has made other threads like this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay Even if he's written with his microsecond reaction speed, he's still not as fast as Superman.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: We'll go by the rules and use however he's depicted consistently as.

That's sort of the underlying issue. If we go by Thor in his own comics and series, dating back to his classic era, he's fast enough to carve a trench in a second, is faster than Heimdall can see, can react in the nanosecond(s) range, and has lightspeed reflexes.

@dondave Depending on the version of Superman, he can't react in the nanosecond range either. Pre-New 52, Superman actually had zero nanosecond combat feats without any sort of amplification (sun dip, cosmic armor, or some other plot device).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By reaverlation

@dondave said:

Superman

The 1,000

This.Even with Thor's highest showing of a microsecond,the difference between a microsecond and a nanosecond is by a 1,000 times and Superman has sub-nanosecond reactions. Superman is actually in another league when it comes to speed when compared to Thor

@floopay: You're wrong there.All the nanosecond reaction feats for Superman were under his own power. No amps

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: that's fine. If Thor is depicted as consistently having light speed reflexes then we'll use that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay

can react in the nanosecond(s) range, and has lightspeed reflexes.

Scans?

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DemonKnights

@reaverlation: well what you guys are saying is pretty big. If superman is at worst 1,000 times faster than Thor, then how is the Thor vs.Superman debate even close? I'm going to wait and see what flooplay has to say. He says thor is super fast.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Show me one Pre-New 52 nanosecond feat from Superman. Because I've seen this argument often, and have only been shown 1 out of combat nanosecond feat from Superman.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: Thor has greater than microsecond reaction time. In the span of 1 microsecond he had time to punch a guy in the face, then turn around and catch Mjonlir (actually, in LESS than a microsecond, because if the full microsecond had passed, he'd have been hit in the face). That's not nanosecond, but it's microsecond+, similar to Superman.

He's also dodged a full speed Mjonlir when it was one foot from his face, which is it going twice the speed of light according to recent Mjonlir stats (semi-recent).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Kalel121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: that's fine. If Thor is depicted as consistently having light speed reflexes then we'll use that.

He doesn't have anywhere near lightspeed reactions in the slightest. Even the Hulk has better combat speed and reflex feats than Thor does. Thor cannot land a direct hit on the street levellers who blitz him. He's been blitzed by Mongoose twice who in turn struggled to land a direct hit on Spider-Man. Thor has also outright admitted that Wolverine is faster than him in speed during Wolverine vs Thor. Spider-Man has speed blitzed Masterson with ease and Captain America noted that the original Thor had problems with an exercise designed to train speed and reflexes when Masterson failed to react to the projectiles Cap was dodging with ease.

This places Thor well in the street level bracket for combat speed and reactions. The classic feats referred to above are inconsistent with his current showings where street levellers constantly dance around him forcing Thor to use AOE or lightning attacks to tag them. He cannot dodge bullets, move at multi hypersonic or sub light speeds nor react in microseconds consistently based on the range of showings that count against the one microsecond feat Thor has in the classic days. Current feats outweigh later ones and Thor absolutely pales in comparison to Superman's sub light speed, reactions and perceptions at least. Only Mjolnir gives Thor speed and that's not an admission of Thor's own speed or reactions. So this is just another Thor is slow thread really.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am not even going to enter this debate :D

if it's pure h2h hits, superman takes it (though at constant showing thor has a slight better durability)

if it's as they fight in character (i.e .. thunder punch.. magics etc.. i can see 1 thor punch doing more damage to superman than 100 superman punches to thor... and we're not counting mjolnir here)... yeah.. i'll rate this one a draw..

but again .. if it's pure h2h punches... i'll go with supes.. simply because i think he'll land more punches.. and i rate their durability more or less equal.

again .. my opinion.. :D

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In character. So mostly brawling from thor

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssj_god

In character. So mostly brawling from thor

yeah .. thor only goes brawling against hulk in character :D

this was in character thor too

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: u said that thor only brawls when he fights hulk

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: u said that thor only brawls when he fights hulk

yeah he does.. we all know it :D

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: he brawls most of the time period.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssj_god

@demonknights:

no .. it depends on how he thinks of those threats.. and how serious he is against them

normally .. he HUGELY holds back against anyone from midgard (earth).. because he thinks it's his responsibility to protect midgard.. so he can never do any harm to it.. so anyone from midgard he thinks is not much of a threat (i'e, wolverine, spiderman, ironman etc.).. he only brawls with them

but it changes.. when ever he thinks the threat is almost his equal in power.. and he fights serious.. then he doesn't only brawls with them (i.e silver surfer, sentry, gorr, malekeith) .. only person with exception in this category is hulk :D

so it depends.. and i think thor will think superman as the later category... :)

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough with the "Thor is Slow" Threads

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: yea, no. Thor is a brawler.

ok .. as u say .. it's a personal opinion .. i have never seen thor to ONLY brawl with silver surfer or sentry or gorr or malekeith type of threat :)

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: consistently thor is depicted as more of a brawler than anything else. Simple as that.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Thor usually brawls more than he uses the full extent of his powers. He'll usually only uses most of his powers on very high beings. Although, he will occasionally use more of his powers on lesser foes; Not nearly as often as he brawls though.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssj_god

@demonknights said:

@ssj_god: consistently thor is depicted as more of a brawler than anything else. Simple as that.

yes .. as i said before.. because he constantly shown to fight those inferior threats from midgard.. and clearly u're not taking into account thor's own comics .. where he fights bigger threats... u can't show ANY scans where thor ONLY brawls with silver surfer level threat (and superman goes into this category).. simple as that. :D

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Thor usually brawls more than he uses the full extent of his powers. He'll usually only uses most of his powers on very high beings. Although, he will occasionally use more of his powers on lesser foes; Not nearly as often as he brawls though.

yeah .. just what i said ... and here i think supes goes into those 'high beings' category

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: seems like you're talking about one thing while I am and HAVE been talking about another thing. I'm no saying what you think I'm saying buddy. Stop saying the word "only" . Cause I never said thor ONLY brawls. Read carefully buddy.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: By high beings, I mean people who are much stronger than Thor & Superman combined.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssj_god

@ssj_god: seems like you're talking about one thing while I am and HAVE been talking about another thing. I'm no saying what you think I'm saying buddy. Stop saying the word "only" . Cause I never said thor ONLY brawls. Read carefully buddy.

a brawler ONLY brawls .. and u called thor a brawler ... write carefully buddy :)

@ssj_god: By high beings, I mean people who are much stronger than Thor & Superman combined.

ohh .. i see .. but malekeith, SS, sentry aren't that much in power like u said thor and superman combined .. and thor uses his varied powers while fights them :)

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DemonKnights

@ssj_god: ohhh , I'm sorry that when I said: "consistently thor is depicted as more of a brawler than anything else" TO YOU that meant thor only brawls. I'll try my best next time to work my magic on you so that you can have better reading comprehension. Myyyyy Bad.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: ohhh , I'm sorry that when I said: "consistently thor is depicted as more of a brawler than anything else" TO YOU that meant thor only brawls. I'll try my best next time to work my magic on you so that you can have better reading comprehension. Myyyyy Bad.

no .. to me this meant thor only brawls

@ssj_god: yea, no. Thor is a brawler.

please don't get distracted from the topic here .. why do u get so agitated when someone differs from you? .. this is only an internet debate forum.

my reply to op is

@ssj_god said:

i am not even going to enter this debate :D

if it's pure h2h hits, superman takes it (though at constant showing thor has a slight better durability)

if it's as they fight in character (i.e .. thunder punch.. magics etc.. i can see 1 thor punch doing more damage to superman than 100 superman punches to thor... and we're not counting mjolnir here)... yeah.. i'll rate this one a draw..

but again .. if it's pure h2h punches... i'll go with supes.. simply because i think he'll land more punches.. and i rate their durability more or less equal.

again .. my opinion.. :D

i've clearly said it's my opinion .. as simple as that .. and i've even said i don't want to debate with it.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: I'm not agitated at all Lmao. I'm using sarcasm to have fun because I said he's consistently depicted as a brawler. So that means more times than not, he's gonna brawl. If you don't wanna debate, I totally respect that. Peace out.