• 130 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Welcome to what will hopefully be an amazing debate for video game nerds... 

The Covenant Versus The Locust...Will the energy weapons overcome sheer durability and ferocity?     

Location:  Fight begins at 5pm.  After 1 hour, sun begins to set.  Unpopulated, clutter/cars remain.

Rules: 
-
Assume both sides have been at war for decades, so both are aware of the other's weaponry, ranks, etc. 
-This is to the death. 
-Both teams start at opposite ends of the environment, aware of who they are facing but not immediately visible to each other.
-Every character that can have a grenade, has a maximum of 3 (Cov = plasma, spike...Locust = explosive, ink)

The Covenant: 
45 Elites (assorted plasma weapons)  
5 cloaked elites (plasma swords)
25 brutes (assorted weapons) 
10 jetpack brutes (bruteshots) 
55 grunts (plasma pistols/needlers for 45, 5 have the mortars)  
10 Jackals (w/ shields, carbines/ alien sniper rifle)
10 hunters (large foes w/ plasma mortar/stream, gigantic shield)
5 brute chieftians ( Large brutes w/ gravity hammers) 

VS 

The Loctus: 
55 drones (lancers/hammerbursts/shotguns) 
10 snipers  (self-explainitory)
10 Boomers (large locust w/ boomshot) 
10 grinders (large locust w/ "mulcher" chaingun) 
50 Wretches (weak but fast melee attackers)
15 tickers (suicide locust) 
5 flamers (large locust w/ flamethrower) 
5 maulers (large locust w/ gigantic shield, mace) 

Who will be left standing?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Sparda

Hmm......I think that the Locusts' abilities to make sinkholes could prove very useful here. If they went all-out in a fight with the Covenant forces I think that they would lose because of the protection of the energy shields a lot of them have (including the deployable ones and the hand-held shields), but if have of them attacked from the front and the rest made a sinkhole and attacked from the back I could see them winning.

And the Locust use cover a lot more effectively, too.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I was sure Sparda wouldn't miss this...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Sparda said:
"Hmm......I think that the Locusts' abilities to make sinkholes could prove very useful here. If they went all-out in a fight with the Covenant forces I think that they would lose because of the protection of the energy shields a lot of them have (including the deployable ones and the hand-held shields), but if have of them attacked from the front and the rest made a sinkhole and attacked from the back I could see them winning.  And the Locust use cover a lot more effectively, too. "

They don't have the tools to create sinkholes.  While some of the brutes and all of the elites have shields, I'd say that just makes them equal in durablity to the drones. The covenant don't have any of the devices you listed either...This is straight-forward combat between the two fleets I have created.  There is no additional equipment or weaponry for either party.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jx4gz

Covenant CURBSTOMP!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

And they use cover "more effectively' because the game focuses around the cover system, where-as Halo does not...Assume both forces are highly trained...This isnt the video game, they aren't based on the AI (having hunters get stuck, running into walls, or drones sitting in cover while being shot, etc)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sparda
@k4tzm4n said:
" And they use cover "more effectively' because the game focuses around the cover system, where-as Halo does not...Assume both forces are highly trained...This isnt the video game, they aren't based on the AI (having hunters get stuck, running into walls, or drones sitting in cover while being shot, etc) "
Even in the books, and this might just be because I haven't read them in a while, I don't remember the Covenant using cover very much at all. In the cutscenes they just sort of take the shots too (in Halo 3 and Halo Wars, can't remember the first two games).

Anyways, now that I know that there are no sinkholes, I'll side with the Covenant. IMO, their main forces are considerably stronger and faster than most of the Locust. If the close-up fighters went up against eachother I would see the Covenant forces winning (I don't think any of the Locusts' forces are equal to a Hunter in physical strength/durability), and the jetpack brutes could go really flank the Locusts harshly with their ability to maneuver around the environment.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
"Covenant CURBSTOMP!! "

Care to say why? 
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jx4gz
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
"Covenant CURBSTOMP!! "
Care to say why?  "
Physically superior, smarter, greater tech
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" And they use cover "more effectively' because the game focuses around the cover system, where-as Halo does not...Assume both forces are highly trained...This isnt the video game, they aren't based on the AI (having hunters get stuck, running into walls, or drones sitting in cover while being shot, etc) "
Even in the books, and this might just be because I haven't read them in a while, I don't remember the Covenant using cover very much at all. In the cutscenes they just sort of take the shots too (in Halo 3 and Halo Wars, can't remember the first two games). Anyways, now that I know that there are no sinkholes, I'll side with the Covenant. IMO, their main forces are considerably stronger and faster than most of the Locust. If the close-up fighters went up against eachother I would see the Covenant forces winning (I don't think any of the Locusts' forces are equal to a Hunter in physical strength/durability), and the jetpack brutes could go really flank the Locusts harshly with their ability to maneuver around the environment. "

The Locust are incredibly durable...And many of them have the lancers (chainsaw attachment) for close range.  Let's not forget the wretches may over power the grunts, and the tickers can deal out massive damage.  Stronger characters like the maulers, grinders and boomers will also be extremely tough to put down.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jx4gz

Elites have energy swords for close range
They arent very durable, maybe a little more durable then a human, but getting cut by chain saws and getting their necks snapped doesn't say much for their durability

I think the elites, with their physical stats and intelligence, will pull out the win for the Covenant

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Sparda said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Even in the books, and this might just be because I haven't read them in a while, I don't remember the Covenant using cover very much at all. In the cutscenes they just sort of take the shots too (in Halo 3 and Halo Wars, can't remember the first two games). Anyways, now that I know that there are no sinkholes, I'll side with the Covenant. IMO, their main forces are considerably stronger and faster than most of the Locust. If the close-up fighters went up against eachother I would see the Covenant forces winning (I don't think any of the Locusts' forces are equal to a Hunter in physical strength/durability), and the jetpack brutes could go really flank the Locusts harshly with their ability to maneuver around the environment. "
The Locust are incredibly durable...And many of them have the lancers (chainsaw attachment) for close range.  Let's not forget the wretches may over power the grunts, and the tickers can deal out massive damage.  Stronger characters like the maulers, grinders and boomers will also be extremely tough to put down. "
They are pretty durable, but a close shotgun blast or a headshot(s) take them down just the same. Lancers were pretty uncommon for Drones to have in the games (because of their human origins), but the addition of them does make them more of a threat. I don't think they'll be fast enough to use them, though. Aside from Grunts and Jackals, just about all of the Covenant forces are significantly more agile than the Locust forces.

Wretches may overpower the Grunts, but they have to get close first. Wretches aren't as durable as the other Locust (well, aside from Tickers), and many of them wil go down just to get close to their targets. You're right about the Tickers, but unless they go off right underneath one of the bigger foes then I doubt they'll kill them (Elites and Brutes can take Grenades at close range so I would assume they could take a Ticker). The stronger Locust will be tougher to put down but they're also very slow and the Hunters would wreak all sorts of hell on them. The Grinders shots could be blocked with the massive shields the Hunters carry and I don't see the Mualers doing much in close-quarters with the Hunters. Boomers would be a problem but the other Covenant could help, and the Hunters have ranged weapons of their own. It could be close though, I'm not sure.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
"Elites have energy swords for close range They arent very durable, maybe a little more durable then a human, but getting cut by chain saws and getting their necks snapped doesn't say much for their durability  I think the elites, with their physical stats and intelligence, will pull out the win for the Covenant "

.......A little more durable than a human?  You're horribly misinformed.  They are far more durable than people.  They can normally withstand a full clip of bullets (unforunately, the comics don't show this)
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
"Elites have energy swords for close range They arent very durable, maybe a little more durable then a human, but getting cut by chain saws and getting their necks snapped doesn't say much for their durability  I think the elites, with their physical stats and intelligence, will pull out the win for the Covenant "

Also, only 5 have energy swords...I recommend reviewing the OP ;)
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jx4gz
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
Also, only 5 have energy swords...I recommend reviewing the OP ;) "
Wheres it say they only have 5? It says assorted energy weapons
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
Wheres it say they only have 5? It says assorted energy weapons "

Plasma....
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

aka plasma pistol or rifle.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jx4gz
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
Plasma.... "
sorry assorted plasma weapons, nothing about 5 swords
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Jx4gz said:
Plasma.... "
sorry assorted plasma weapons, nothing about 5 swords "

Well, I'll stand corrected then in my rules.  Assume the only ones with swords are the 5 that are listed with swords.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grunts are better than wretches or tickers.

The long range advantage smokes the wretches before they can close the distance, for the most part.

Grunts 7/10

Elites take out all grunt level locust at about 87/10

Elites take out boomers less frequently, at about 6/10

Brutes take out locust grunts at 7/10

Brutes take out Boomers at 9/10, due to greater durability.

Hunters smoke regular locust soldiers at will, and same with boomers. Maulers have little to no impact onhunters.

Covenant stomps.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
"

Grunts are better than wretches or tickers.

The long range advantage smokes the wretches before they can close the distance, for the most part.

Grunts 7/10

Elites take out all grunt level locust at about 87/10

Elites take out boomers less frequently, at about 6/10

Brutes take out locust grunts at 7/10

Brutes take out Boomers at 9/10, due to greater durability.

Hunters smoke regular locust soldiers at will, and same with boomers. Maulers have little to no impact onhunters.

Covenant stomps.

"

You're matching the units so the covenant win...The same could be done for the Locust.  Also, there are flaws in your theory. 
Brutes DO NOT have greater durability than boomers.  I have no idea where you're coming up with that nonsense.  Boomers are large and slow, because they're extremely durable.  While Brutes are durable, they are not on the same level. 
......Boomers fire a weapon almost on par with the rocket launcher.  One well placed rocket kills Hunters.  You do the math. 

You're also forgetting about their snipers, suicide tickers (killing tons of units), grinders (heavy machine guns, supressing and killing many), flamers (which dominate anything close range) and Maulers (who have a shield and LARGE mace, dominating close range and being able to take A LOT of damage) 

Next time you're going to debate, don't leave out all of the variables. 

Sorry for sounding harsh, but it just annoys me when people don't bother to look at both sides...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Any other fans have thoughts to share?
tunsafun6059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By tunsafun6059

I have to agree with the extreme durability of the boomers and when i saw grinders on the list my mind was made up. Nothing the covenant has holds a candle to the wall of bullets the mulchers send. Not to mention the grinders durability and being back up by boomers who are very accurate with their weapon. The toughest opponents they will have are the hunters and the brute chieftains and that wont be hard at all. The hunters have medium range weapons and the chieftains have to get a few feet from their opponent to do anything all the while they are getting slaughterd as they try to get close. As for the other units, the grunts will run away scared cuz thats what they do, the elites may put up some minuscule fight that the locust drones can handle aside from the few cloaked drones. snipers are evenly matched and the jackals with shields instead of snipers are screwed cuz the plasma pistol sucks and their shields can't take much abuse. 

Locusts win hands down.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@tunsafun6059 said:
"I have to agree with the extreme durability of the boomers and when i saw grinders on the list my mind was made up. Nothing the covenant has holds a candle to the wall of bullets the mulchers send. Not to mention the grinders durability and being back up by boomers who are very accurate with their weapon. The toughest opponents they will have are the hunters and the brute chieftains and that wont be hard at all. The hunters have medium range weapons and the chieftains have to get a few feet from their opponent to do anything all the while they are getting slaughterd as they try to get close. As for the other units, the grunts will run away scared cuz thats what they do, the elites may put up some minuscule fight that the locust drones can handle aside from the few cloaked drones. snipers are evenly matched and the jackals with shields instead of snipers are screwed cuz the plasma pistol sucks and their shields can't take much abuse.   Locusts win hands down. "

I was beginning to think I was alone in supporting the Locust.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Logic Mark III

Durabilty means nothing here for the Locusts. Covenant plasma from a standard pistol [concentrated fire] can slag a battle tank. Plasma would chew through any armour the Locusts have with ease and eat their flesh [It's also bright light wouldn't that further own them?]. I just think for this the Locusts ould/could be overwhelmed by a standard stand and shoot tactic. Cover doesn't stay cover for long when dealing with Covie plasma. 

Jump pack Brutes: Provide a great tactical advantage, they can make cover obsolete and semi-automatic grenade launchers will tear through even the tougher Locusts with relative ease.

Hunters: next to invulnerable, you may be able to kill them with one rocket in the game but more often than not in the books it just pisses them off. The huge explosive plasma bolts, or even better the sweeping plasma beams, can slag battle tanks in one hit. Nothing will stand up to that. 

Brute Chieftans: A bit dubious as to the overall use of these, but if they have invulnerability then they alone could win this. Run in close with no fear of any projectiles and just hammer. With their speed they could easily overwhelm the Locusts.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not to mention Marcus and dom are perhaps a bit stronger characters than regular unsc marines, but they are nowhere near Spartan level.  

Marcus and Dom could not even wear mjolnir II gear, nevermind face down an elite, yet they are mowing through locus throughout.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Fortified_Hooligan said:

"not to mention Marcus and dom are perhaps a bit stronger characters than regular unsc marines, but they are nowhere near Spartan level.   Marcus and Dom could not even wear mjolnir II gear, nevermind face down an elite, yet they are mowing through locus throughout. "

....A spart is trained from childhood.  ODST's are basically the equivalent of CoGs, and they do just fine in war against ground forces.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparda said:

Hmm......I think that the Locusts' abilities to make sinkholes could prove very useful here. If they went all-out in a fight with the Covenant forces I think that they would lose because of the protection of the energy shields a lot of them have (including the deployable ones and the hand-held shields), but if have of them attacked from the front and the rest made a sinkhole and attacked from the back I could see them winning.

And the Locust use cover a lot more effectively, too.

Did you not read what he said? he listed out the sides, there is no sinkholes in this...

FeartheHorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a very close battle. Since the covenant use plasma weaponry it wouldn't do as much damage as bullets would due to the locusts flesh. Only the explosives and spikers from the brutes would be that effective. But still very close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fearthehorde: what are you talking about? do u even know how high covenant plasma burns?....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway covenant wins handily, they got superior fire power, shields, cloaked units which none of the locust, and the covenant's tactics are i'd say equal if not better than the locust. I however think the covenant would allow the locust into the covenant empire and have them aid their war against humanity!

FeartheHorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I do realize that the plasma would leave 3rd and 4th degree burns on Humans but you have to realize that for this to happen they have to be a small distance from the enemies they are fighting. This would be hard to do with the 10 snipers that are equipped with most likely one shots. You also have to understand how their plasma weapons work. Since the weapons they would mostly likely be using are plasma rifles and repeaters, they might have a problem after a while. The only reason the plasma works is the magnetic field that keeps the plasma from dissipating. However, as the range gets longer the plasma will begin to cool and lose velocity which would greatly reduce the damage of the bolt. Since each shot of the rifle is 0.25% of the battery life, you will get 400 shots. The repeater is 0.5% so you have 200 shots. After continuous fire, the battery will begin to lower. Once it gets down to around 10% or so the gun will begin to misfire and not be nearly as accurate. Not to mention all the overheating that you would have to deal with. Cloaked units wouldn't do much as if they ran through the battlefield they would be killed by explosives being launched and if they were attempting to flank the drones could smell them since they have been at war for years. Here are the links to both of the plasma weapons articles if you want to check any flaws in my argument.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-51_Directed_Energy_Rifle/Improved

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Directed_Energy_Rifle

And the link explaining their plasma technology

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_weaponry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fearthehorde: LOL wiki, thats funny lol. Considering unlike wiki, the books actually prove that wrong i wouldnt count on that. Your argument is flawed, plasma shots by the standard plasma rifle could drain shields ( yes even MC's shields ) without even being there to hit him. Plasma nades which ik all troops carry make things go boom, which again wiki does not show... Plasma is way hotter, and the humans even their standard infantry were carrying armor that was heat resistant to the plasma the covenant used, and it was still killing them just fine, yet the locust don't even got that, let alone they don't even wear armor, even if they did it'd prolly be steel or something like that...

FeartheHorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Well I'm pretty sure the wiki doesn't need to tell someone that a plasma GRENADE goes boom. Also, the plasma grenades lethal radius and even its damage radius is terrible. Unless your gonna stick someone they are almost useless. The frag grenade that grenadiers use however is much more lethal. You do bring up a point about the armor and the plasma melting it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beserker solos ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I know :'( That is literally their only chance lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: and even then if enough hunters target her she could go down as well, i don't doubt the locust would put up a fight, as i've stated in other threads i'd love to see the locust and others join the covenant and thus wage war against all the human scum bag factions XD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fearthehorde:

The frag grenade that grenadiers use however is much more lethal. <--- incorrect.

Also, the plasma grenades lethal radius and even its damage radius is terrible.<-- nope far better than you think.

Unless your gonna stick someone they are almost useless.<-- not even close to being useless..

Anyway stop relying on wiki and the games period, they have been toned down for game play...

Anyway

Covenant plasma feats.....

Fire arms

their simplest weapons and gear...

"Behind them five elites readied plasma rifles.

"Down," he shouted, and dived to one side. Grace hit the floor and rolled away. Plasma bolts sizzled over their heads, and the Master Chief's shields drained as a shot hit too close. The Barrage turned several of the blue titles around him into crater of blackened glass."

Halo First Strike

"The Chief heard machinery whir, figured he had triggered a sensor, and waited for the lift to arrive. For the first time in hours there was no immediate threat, no imminent danger, and the spartan allowed himself to relax fractionally. It was a mistake.

"chief!" Cortana said. "get back!"

Thanks to the warning, he was already backing up through the hatch when the lift appeared from below, and the elite, seated in the plasma turret, opened fire.

special ops Officer Zuka 'Zamamee fired the shade. The energy cannon took up most of the platform, leaving barely enough room for the grunts who had helped the elite wrestle the weapon aboard. The bolt flared blue, hit the hatch as it started to close, and slagged half the door. ( Which was a covenant door as well.. )

Halo the Flood

The Master Chief managed to force a stalemate: the pistol now pointed straight up between their bodies. If it went off it would hit them both-- one shot at point-blank range might collaspe their shields. They'd both fry. ( what would happen )

John turned the gun into its face--squeezed the firing mechanism. The plasma discharge exploded into the creature. Fire sprayed across its shields; they shimmered, flickered, and dimmed. The energy splash washed over the Master chief; his shields drained to a quarter. The internal suit temperature spiked to critical levels.

But the elite's shields were dead.

The Master chief pushed away and fired the pistol again. The bolt of fire caught the elite in the face.

It writhed and clawed at nothing. The elite shuddered. . . suspended in midair, it twitched and finally stopped moving,"

Halo: The Fall of reach

Another plasma bolt hit--directly in front of the warthog. Heat washed over harland. Blisters pinpricked his back. He screamed but kept shooting. If they hadn't been in water, that plasma would have melted the tires. . . probably would have flash-fried them all.

Halo: The Fall of reach

Before the Covenant forces could locate where the incoming fire had originated, the Master chief oepend fire on a blue-armored Elite. It took a full magazine to put the warrior down, but it beat the hell out of going toe-to-toe with the alien where there wasn't any need to.

Halo: The Flood

But the elite rolled back. There was a blur of motion as the energy blade lashed out and neatly bisected the assault rifle. The two halves of the wrecked MA5B clattered to the deck.

Halo: First strike

The blade of crackling white-hot energy narrowly missed the Chief. The MJOLNIR's internal temperature skyrocketed.

The Chief had seen such weapons slice battle-armored ODST's in half and gouge gaping wounds in Titanium-A armor plating.

He gave the grunts 5 mortars as well here's what they can do...

They were extremely stable and fired the Covenant's most powerful ground weapon: the energy mortar. Fred had seen them in action; they fired an encapsulated blob of plasma that obliterated everything within twenty meters of impact. Titanium battle plate, concrete, or flash--it all vaporized.

Kelly rotated her tank about and fired at the remaining Wraiths and the cluster of Grunts trying to put out the fires near those she'd already destroyed. For a split second the ground was the surface of the a sun; it flared, faded, and then was nothing but ash.

This isn't necessary their weapons, but again hunter's zero f*cks to stuff thrown at them

The Banshee hit the ground, skidding through fist-sized rocks. The battered craft flipped and tossed him to the ground. The Banshee rolled end over end and crashed into the hunter.

The massive alien brought up its thick, metal, shield and shrugged off the wreckage as if it were cardboard.

By the way banshee's weight is at least a couple tons... and again it lives against another banshee just after without him bracing himself...

Kelly's riderless flier soared over him and collided with the Hunter at full speed. The Banshee exploded and showered the area with glittering metal fragments.

The Hunter reeled as fire washed across its armor. It moved in slow, confused circles.

Zamamee felt his plasma rifle cycle open as it attempted to cool itself, and knew he was about to die, when a plasma grenade sailed in among the humans and locked onto a human soldier's arm. He yelled, "No!" but it was already too late, and the explosion slaughtered the entire fire team.

Halo: The Flood ( o look those plasma nades that you said were so bad... )

ship to ship action

The deadly flashes of light impacted on the arabia, splashed across its hull. Its meter of armor plating instantly boiled away, and a plume of ignited atmosphere bursts from the breach in the sheep's hull.

Halo Fall of Reach

The Heracles and Vostok launched salvos of missiles toward the craft. The enemy's lasers shot half before they reached the target. The balance of the missiles impacted, detonated into blossoms of fire. . . that quickly faded. The strange ship shimmered with a semitransparent silver coat-ing, which then vanished.

Halo Fall of the Reach

"You've fought the Covenant, sir. You know how precisely they can maneuver their ships through the slipstream. I've seen a dozen alien craft appear in normal space, in perfect formation, not a kilometer apart."

-Captain Keyes

Halo Fall of Reach

The truth was, he was terrified. Four Covenant ships would be an even match for seven destroyers. The best he could hope for was to get their attention and outrun them--hopefully distract them until the fleet got here.

Halo Fall of Reach

Anyway ships are not necessary needed as they are not in this fight, but regardless.. the covenant plasma is MORE than enough to burn the locust, if they burn from the liquid fuel and die from bullets, covenant weapons are more than enough to take them out, including the plasma nades as well... if u got any questions about the quotes which are most self explanatory feel free to ask.. @wut@eisenfauste thoughts on this, am i completely wrong? lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp:

No Caption Provided

You know how I love quotes no matter what side of the argument they are on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: lol idc about quotes i wanted ur opinion on the battle lol. Btw did u read them all problem solved we found out the covies sh*t wraiths are hitting balls as hot as the suns surface even if its for a split second ^^ amp that on da ships and i guess we found our scarab and ship plasma heat its at least 5000+ degrees and maybe even 6000+ degrees ( sun obviously i believe is 6k if we go by F ) Anyway thoughts on the battle?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Spiderman1997

I really wish I could answer but I'm a PC guy. But I've played both series' first games on PC a little and well, Locust seemed to be tanking a lot more damage than Covenant so I'll give this to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: .... don't base the covenant... nvm

@wut@eisenfauste i love the locust, but i'm about to give up on explaining how decent or good the covenant can be lol.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Only the very far atmosphere of the sun is that heat. :D Closer you get to the core the hotter it gets with it breaking well over 20+ million.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: that was the argument before, the suns surface I SHALL QUOTE!

Kelly rotated her tank about and fired at the remaining Wraiths and the cluster of Grunts trying to put out the fires near those she'd already destroyed. For a split second the ground was the surface of the a sun; it flared, faded, and then was nothing but ash.

XD anyway thoughts on the fight?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: I already told you the 'surface of the sun' argument doesn't work. :D Plus, didn't we already talk about this? 5,000 degrees directly given is not the 10,000 degrees that the surface of the sun is.

EDIT: Sorry, 10,000 degrees for the 'photosphere'

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: well that was before i re-read again some of the books it was more digging on top of what i added, and of course i only brought it up cause it was basically listed, true i said IIRC which again i was wrong it was 10,000 ^^ . Anyway our lightning here on earth is hotter than that of the photosphere so its not necessary a long shot! not if i make it at least! XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Lol in all fairness, lightning is super hot. Nothing is a long shot, 40k plasma is in the 3 million to 24 million ballpark, so it is far from unreasonable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: ? i wasn't referring to 40k broski was referring to the other other argument lol u know imps vs covies lol.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Covenant goes down hard, what makes you even think their plasma would hurt the locust? The locust are way tougher than being hit by something that is only around a few hundred degrees at most. Nothing the covenant could do is going to allow them to win unless they got their spacecraft..