Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Killemall

@D3athstroke said:

Thor is even worse than Squirrel Girl and his current comics are worst thing i have ever read

Manly man slaughters him and and thor gayfanboys posting scans from previous Centuries wont change anything

LOL for the last part :D previous century hahahah

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By isaac_clarke

Thor still wins.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Why bump this?

It isn't too hard to guess, he is still raging about other threads. He certainly isn't proving a point given these threads are being trolled to hell.

@jashro44 said:

If thor is gonna win it wont be by BFR because thor wont resort to it do to the nature of the character.

It isn't out of character for Thor to implement BFR in the least.

@Killemall said:

Actually i have seen enough evidence to think thor doesnt have combat speed to counter even Lobo :) i am backing lobo here.

I'm guessing the "enough evidence" is that nonsense Superman was spouting, while ignoring how fast that hammer can tug Thor around at absurd FTL speeds.

@D3athstroke said:

Thor is even worse than Squirrel Girl and his current comics are worst thing i have ever read

Manly man slaughters him and and thor gayfanboys posting scans from previous Centuries wont change anything

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Killemall

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

Actually i have seen enough evidence to think thor doesnt have combat speed to counter even Lobo :) i am backing lobo here.

I'm guessing the "enough evidence" is that nonsense Superman was spouting, while ignoring how fast that hammer can tug Thor around at absurd FTL speeds.

Mr. Galactus that is flight speed not reaction time in terms of battle :)

Lobo with his bike can go very very fast too.

Thor doesnt have nano-second reaction time and in order to BFR thor has to either point the hammer and hit the person with the rays or circle his hammer around. Lobo might just be able to avoid that.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Killemall said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

Thor doesnt have nano-second reaction time and in order to BFR thor has to either point the hammer and hit the person with the rays or circle his hammer around. Lobo might just be able to avoid that.

Considering Thor and the Surfer are fighting at the time, that would be combat speed as Thor moves around him and strikes hits target.

Mjolnir and Storm-breaker can cross galaxies in no time at all, if we are going for an outright example of flight speed that showing wouldn't be close to Thor's best given he's tossed that hammer to the furthest reaches of the Milky Way from Earth and it returned in under a minute. Thor has regularly been depicted as twirling his hammer to block actual beams of light and hurl it at tremendous FTL speeds, there isn't any doubt he can hit Lobo with it given it doesn't have any issues tagging just about anyone else, including a heap of characters that can easily outpace Lobo on his hog. A ridiculous low end for Superman doesn't change that he is much faster than Lobo.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Killemall

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

Considering Thor and the Surfer are fighting at the time, that would be combat speed as Thor moves around him and strikes hits target.

Mjolnir and Storm-breaker can cross galaxies in no time at all, if we are going for an outright example of flight speed that showing wouldn't be close to Thor's best given he's tossed that hammer to the furthest reaches of the Milky Way from Earth and it returned in under a minute. Thor has regularly been depicted as twirling his hammer to block actual beams of light and hurl it at tremendous FTL speeds, there isn't any doubt he can hit Lobo with it given it doesn't have any issues tagging just about anyone else, including a heap of characters that can easily outpace Lobo on his hog. A ridiculous low end for Superman doesn't change that he is much faster than Lobo.

• § I never contested Thor can fly fast.

§ That Thor hammer thing is extremely ridiculous, but yeah I have seen it, it’s just here in this thread too.

§ And Strom has shown to block cyclop’s optic blast are we saying she is FLT too? Because the light thing is not really seen FLT at least in comics (for whatever weird reason)

§ I am not saying Thor cannot hit lobo, even if he could Lobo can regenerate pretty easily and has a lot more durability. The various fight with Hulk comes to mind, if thor couldn’t put hulk down with ease, even a moral off Thor didnt BFR or speed blitz hulk and had problems putting him down (Lobo has better durability and faster healing factor), even a warrior madness Thor got beaten by Thanos who does have super speed I think its perfectly logical to think Lobo could do the same to him.

§ I never said superman is NOT faster than Lobo, not at all. All I am saying is Thor doesn’t have the micro-second reaction time that people claim. Therefore Lobo should be able to hit him just fine. Thor BFR moves aren’t FLT either , Lobo might just be able to avoid them.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By SteveRogers

Thor has too many ways to take Lobo out!

Thor ftw

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Killemall said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

• § I never contested Thor can fly fast.

§ That Thor hammer thing is extremely ridiculous, but yeah I have seen it, it’s just here in this thread too.

§ And Strom has shown to block cyclop’s optic blast are we saying she is FLT too? Because the light thing is not really seen FLT at least in comics (for whatever weird reason)

§ I am not saying Thor cannot hit lobo, even if he could Lobo can regenerate pretty easily and has a lot more durability. The various fight with Hulk comes to mind, if thor couldn’t put hulk down with ease, even a moral off Thor didnt BFR or speed blitz hulk and had problems putting him down (Lobo has better durability and faster healing factor), even a warrior madness Thor got beaten by Thanos who does have super speed I think its perfectly logical to think Lobo could do the same to him.

§ I never said superman is NOT faster than Lobo, not at all. All I am saying is Thor doesn’t have the micro-second reaction time that people claim. Therefore Lobo should be able to hit him just fine. Thor BFR moves aren’t FLT either , Lobo might just be able to avoid them.

And again, it was a showing where he is actually fighting a herald and applying that speed in a fight to move around the Surfer, those creatures Galactus summoned and pound straight into the big guy himself, he then proceeded to get slammed from Earth's orbit to Mars and scuffed it off, all while wounded.

Considering Bill was cruising across a galaxy in about 3 panels until he saw the Skuttlebutt it isn't quite too far of a leap.

Cyclops' blast isn't FTL, Reed said something and a dozen or so times it's been depicted as no where near that. Not to mention Cyclops's beams are quite a different ball game than cosmic blasts Thor's regularly defended himself against.

@Killemall said:

That generally implies "Thor will get hit so fast he won't even know what hit him and can't hit him back". Marvel doesn't write Thor to win on Hulk fights. Thor's a cosmic heavy weight, it's why he can actually do damage to the Surfer while the Hulk regularly finds himself unable to even hurt him. Thor didn't have any trouble BFRing Nul and that was still a weakened Thor that was pounding Nul's face in with multiple blows mid-air. Weaker incarnations of Thanos have torn entire planets apart just clashing with folks, Thor getting his rear handed to his clone or the real deal isn't much of a low showing when Thanos is often depicted as right below skyfather range as he smacks around heralds like no one's business.

Given that is the only speed showing shown for Lobo in this thread, in it's utterly ridiculous glory, it's tough to see why else your under the impression that Lobo has this supreme speed advantage at all on Thor. As for Thor's micro-second, yata yata, the very fact he can navigate while tugging at that hammer at FTL speeds implies a considerable amount of processing power in his skull. How aren't his BFR's fast? All he did with the Hulk was smack him really hard with his hammer and bam, Nul wakes up in orbit, much like a toss from his hammer enveloping Lobo in some sort of vortex that takes him out into space or Mjolnir slamming Lobo into an inter-dimensional portal isn't too far out of reach either.

kratonians090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By kratonians090

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: luxury? you mean the mjolnir?

kratonians090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By kratonians090

@CODYSF: yes but thor Survives being crushes by the weight of 20 planets

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@CODYSF: Let's say, Thor is in real trouble... godblast. Battle goes to Thor, he leaves. And after a while, Lobo regenerates (damn)...

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#211  Edited By HolySerpent

Lobo wins unless thor the princess of Asgard bfr

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@D3athstroke said:

You should have known better by now. Don't do that again.
Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Postacrat

@Phaedrusgr said:

@CODYSF: Let's say, Thor is in real trouble... godblast. Battle goes to Thor, he leaves. And after a while, Lobo regenerates (damn)...

The God blast is inconsistent sometimes it put's an opponent down for good, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure somebody with as much as Durability as Lobo can withstand it. I have seen Thor use it a few times to save his on butt, but I rarely see real threats fall to it. I remember the time when Thor fought gladiator and was getting wrecked in outer space, the God blast did save him however it does not change the fact that the Mljnor is a fluke instrument used to give Thor a fighting chance in a losing situation. However there are other times the hammer did nothing, like when gladiator kicked it for a field goal out of Thor's hand and proceeded to wreck him yet again. Also I say again these actions don't always save Thor or the day. I am a 25 year comic reader and I know Thor trust me.

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Killemall said:

Actually it does prove that Lobo is faster than Thor, and it is not the only showing of this nature there are many more showings like this between Superman and Lobo. The only thing you have proven is that Thor can fly at fast speeds, in all my years of reading Thor he has never been depicted as having nano second reflexes or speed. He's never blitzed anybody, in fact what Lobo did to Superman I've seen nobodies with moderate super Strength do to Thor, however I have never encountered Thor taking on someone in that manner because it has never happened. That fight with Silver Surfer proves nothing, they were not moving at the same speed as Lobo when he attacked Superman. I've seen non God's and people lift Thor's hammer and hit him with it despite the magical spell over it, Lobo can do this as well and it would be more in character. Thor's BFR tactics rarely work, and you have never seen him do it easily as I said before Thor is not going to just casually grab Lobo by the collar and cart him up to the sun with little or no effort. That BFR tactic is out of character an is rarely used in marvel, and even more rare is it's success in actual battles. DC characters are seen using this tactic far more regularly, and with greater turn outs. I don't care how you slice it anybody that can do that to Superman can and will do that to Thor.

@SteveRogers said:

Thor has too many ways to take Lobo out!

Thor ftw

Yeah based off of purely circumstantial feats that he does not consistently use, yet in battles people feel he will despite the fact that he's had his a** handed to him by opponents who are said to be weaker than him. If Thor had all these combat options there would be no villain in Marvel on earth, he could just God blast them all and all Super hero's can retire cause Thor can handle it all. I even read in a battle thread that Thor's God blast can take out the entire Justice league, come on...

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Proving that someone isn't fast is impossible if he ever had a great showing of reaction speed.

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Thor BFRs him. Lobo is like Mangog or Destroyer. When will realize that he can't kill him, he will BFR him. He already was using that tactic on Destroyer Armor, Durok, Mangog, even Thanos once, Graviton, Absorbing Man... Maybe others, I don't recall their names now.

So Thor knows he can't win and does the same thing DeSaad did to H/P Doomsday. Works for me.

Since Lobo can reform from any injure - Thor can't defeat him. It is similar to what most of powerfull heroes have to do with Juggernaut and Ghost Rider.

This battle is different than BRB vs. Lobo, because there OP was made to take off Lobo's regeneration.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Postacrat said:

Actually it does prove that Lobo is faster than Thor, and it is not the only showing of this nature there are many more showings like this between Superman and Lobo.

Many showings where Superman is announcing his lack of speed to even brawl with Lobo because he is so dang fast and starts calling out for help? I doubt it, mainly because Superman is much faster than Lobo.

"The only thing you have proven is that Thor can fly at fast speeds,"

I didn't post anything for that, so I don't know how I exactly proved it. Although he can enter hyperspace without much trouble in Astonishing Thor.

"in all my years of reading Thor he has never been depicted as having nano second reflexes or speed. He's never blitzed anybody,"

Tell that to Nul as his face got pounded on by multiple Mjolnir strikes mid air, the guy couldn't even touch Thor when he had his hammer in hand.

"in fact what Lobo did to Superman I've seen nobodies with moderate super Strength do to Thor, however I have never encountered Thor taking on someone in that manner because it has never happened."

A manner in which Thor has people faster than him commenting how they are no match for his speed and calling out for help? Ofcourse not, that would be silly.

"That fight with Silver Surfer proves nothing,"

That Thor can apply his speed in a fight to maneuver around someone that more than once has gone sight seeing around the globe in moments, who proceeds to be powerless to actually stop his assault on his master? It's a pretty dang good feat for Thor to have actually done that to the Surfer, sure he got plowed into Mars immediately after but that was after being staggered by his own attack.

"they were not moving at the same speed as Lobo when he attacked Superman."

Feel free to point out the significant difference in speed, because those two are blurring on page while Lobo and Superman aren't being depicted with any sort of speed in that showing.

"I've seen non God's and people lift Thor's hammer and hit him with it despite the magical spell over it"

For someone that reads as much Thor as you claim to do, the enchantment has nothing to do with being a god or not, it's all about the person and bar characters like Mephisto or Zeus, don't quite remember every random guy out there over powering the enchantment without any effort, whether they are a magician or brutes.

", Lobo can do this as well and it would be more in character."

No he can't.

"Thor's BFR tactics rarely work,"

Since when? He BFRed the Sentry in a single punch and knocked Nul into orbit without fail, this all with physical strength.

"and you have never seen him do it easily as I said before Thor is not going to just casually grab Lobo by the collar and cart him up to the sun with little or no effort."

Given some of those bullrushing showings, mostly thinking of him rescuing Rulk from that black hole and out racing Ego in hyperspace without any effort, he could very well do that.

"That BFR tactic is out of character an is rarely used in marvel and even more rare is it's success in actual battles."

Except it isn't out of character and Thor implements it more than enough to have it on his more than likely options table.

"DC characters are seen using this tactic far more regularly, and with greater turn outs."

Nope, BFR is fairly effective in both companies, if anything there are more cheaper showings of BFR in Marvel.

"I don't care how you slice it anybody that can do that to Superman can and will do that to Thor."

I heard Wolverine once was too fast for Thor to tag too, despite Thor in another showing where he effortlessly smacks Quick Silver on his rear, or another where he sends the Sentry away in a punch and so on, but since we both saw this one showing where said character by some miracle acknowledges their inferiority in speed to a character significantly slower than they are, it must be true. Love using the Wolverine example given Lobo is a jacked up cartoony version of Logan anyhow.

"Yeah based off of purely circumstantial feats that he does not consistently use, yet in battles people feel he will despite the fact that he's had his a** handed to him by opponents who are said to be weaker than him. If Thor had all these combat options there would be no villain in Marvel on earth, he could just God blast them all and all Super hero's can retire cause Thor can handle it all."

Written properly, Thor would steamroll a lot of Earth's villains on his own so I can't say I disagree.

"I even read in a battle thread that Thor's God blast can take out the entire Justice league, come on..."

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Postacrat

@isaac_clarke: No what I am saying is there are many showings of Lobo getting the upper hand on Superman. Nobody is implying through that scan that Lobo is faster than superman, however it is implied that Lobo is capable of fighting speeds on par with Superman. Superman is a hero known for his regular feats such as Strength, Flight and Super Speed, so if he's openly admitting to having a hard time with a combatant using those same unique attributes against him it must be true. Lobo is clearly acknowledging Superman's speed and strength in that scan while besting him on both counts. Also the Blitz you are referring to is not a common trait for Thor in battle, and it still wasn't at Nano second speeds.

I have read ALL Thor books in my 30 years of life and I say again, Thor has not ever been depicted as having nano second speeds and movements. You have never ever seen Thor Fly from miles away with excellent body control and dexterity, just to land directly in front of bullets that are inches from their intended targets. Or you have never seen him use a speed barrage to catch a multitude of bullets being fired at a crowd. Thor's most common showings are his Hammer, flight, lightening and Super strength that is it. Also my argument was never really about speed, it's about all around combat feats based off of actions the characters normally take.

Lobo without morals is in a completely different class from Thor without morals even for a viking like warrior. Lobo goes to the extreme without morals or concern on a regular basis, while Thor needs a reason and won't have time for one because Lobo's abilities much like Superman's are a constant thing not a sometime saver like Thor's. Thor is inconsistent one minute he's the strongest the next minute Kallark is whooping him. That's why there are as many as bad or confusing showings for Thor as there are good ones. One person can make an arguments in Thor's favor using feats, and another individual can make an arguments against Thor just as easily using an equal amount of feats.

What you see Lobo and Superman doing is what they always do, and I have a hard time seeing Thor beating that with rare instances of great power. Lastly that BFR is out of character it is not used nearly enough unless it's in battles threads, it creates a cop out victory for a favored combatant when they cannot win. I have seen many more cases of battles involving a sun or even taking place on one in DC than I ever have or ever will in Marvel. I've followed both companies for many many years, and it is not the same amount I won't say it hasn't happened at all but not that much. Oh yeah Thor did get a lick or two or three in on Sentry, then he turns around in Siege and get's wrecked and can't even finish the Sentry until Reynolds Allowed him to finish the Sentry. I also refuse to believe that writing is the reason why Thor doesn't just stop all crime on earth if he possesses so much power....In the end this is all my opinion but they are backed up by cold hard facts, I am a Thor reader.

This will be my last post in this thread because I have botched a reference I was using as an example in a Thor battle. In a prior post I told of an instance when Thor was being wrecked by Gladiator until he was saved by a God Blast, the person he was being beaten by was not Gladiator it was actually Super Skrull. He beat on Thor for nearly half an issue while Thor was in a mad blood lusting state and currently on a killing spree attempting to find and kill Odin. Super Skrull.....not Gladiator.....how embarrassing but this guy is suppose to be so mighty?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By jashro44

@isaac_clarke: To just BFR someone off the bat is...Unless people are thinking lobo can't be knocked out at all I don't get why there saying he will win by BFR.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Postacrat said:

@isaac_clarke: No what I am saying is there are many showings of Lobo getting the upper hand on Superman. Nobody is implying through that scan that Lobo is faster than superman, however it is implied that Lobo is capable of fighting speeds on par with Superman. Superman is a hero known for his regular feats such as Strength, Flight and Super Speed, so if he's openly admitting to having a hard time with a combatant using those same unique attributes against him it must be true. Lobo is clearly acknowledging Superman's speed and strength in that scan while besting him on both counts.

Problem is Lobo isn't on par in speed with Superman who has more than enough showings expressing that. Someone slower than you are shouldn't be making you announce how your not capable of keeping up with them in speed.

" Also the Blitz you are referring to is not a common trait for Thor in battle, and it still wasn't at Nano second speeds.

Kay

"I have read ALL Thor books in my 30 years of life and I say again, Thor has not ever been depicted as having nano second speeds and movements. You have never ever seen Thor Fly from miles away with excellent body control and dexterity, just to land directly in front of bullets that are inches from their intended targets. Or you have never seen him use a speed barrage to catch a multitude of bullets being fired at a crowd. Thor's most common showings are his Hammer, flight, lightening and Super strength that is it. Also my argument was never really about speed, it's about all around combat feats based off of actions the characters normally take."

He didn't seem to have much trouble breaking up mountain sized pieces of Ego falling into the Earth's atmosphere in Astonishing Thor, I figure him written correctly could handle bullets being fired in a crowd without much effort.

"Lobo without morals is in a completely different class from Thor without morals even for a viking like warrior. Lobo goes to the extreme without morals or concern on a regular basis, while Thor needs a reason and won't have time for one because Lobo's abilities much like Superman's are a constant thing not a sometime saver like Thor's. Thor is inconsistent one minute he's the strongest the next minute Kallark is whooping him. "

Huzzah what? Kallark has gotten KOed when Thor stopped holding back on him.

Heck Masterson held his own against Glads.

That's why there are as many as bad or confusing showings for Thor as there are good ones. One person can make an arguments in Thor's favor using feats, and another individual can make an arguments against Thor just as easily using an equal amount of feats.

Thor jobs, either due to said writer's own complete lack of knowledge on the character(like forgetting he is bullet proof in one scenario Static posted) or when writers have him hold back till he figures enough is enough and one shots said character that has been fighting him for a few pages seemingly with the upper hand.

"What you see Lobo and Superman doing is what they always do, and I have a hard time seeing Thor beating that with rare instances of great power. Lastly that BFR is out of character it is not used nearly enough unless it's in battles threads, it creates a cop out victory for a favored combatant when they cannot win. I have seen many more cases of battles involving a sun or even taking place on one in DC than I ever have or ever will in Marvel. I've followed both companies for many many years, and it is not the same amount I won't say it hasn't happened at all but not that much. Oh yeah Thor did get a lick or two or three in on Sentry, then he turns around in Siege and get's wrecked and can't even finish the Sentry until Reynolds Allowed him to finish the Sentry. I also refuse to believe that writing is the reason why Thor doesn't just stop all crime on earth if he possesses so much power....In the end this is all my opinion but they are backed up by cold hard facts, I am a Thor reader."

And Superman should steamroll through Lobo, because he has every advantage to do so. Those showings of power aren't very rare and Thor BFR's certainly enough to say it's part of his arsenal.

This will be my last post in this thread because I have botched a reference I was using as an example in a Thor battle. In a prior post I told of an instance when Thor was being wrecked by Gladiator until he was saved by a God Blast, the person he was being beaten by was not Gladiator it was actually Super Skrull. He beat on Thor for nearly half an issue while Thor was in a mad blood lusting state and currently on a killing spree attempting to find and kill Odin. Super Skrull.....not Gladiator.....how embarrassing but this guy is suppose to be so mighty?

Mighty Thor wins and adios?

@jashro44 said:

@isaac_clarke: To just BFR someone off the bat is...Unless people are thinking lobo can't be knocked out at all I don't get why there saying he will win by BFR.

People are under the impression Lobo will just steam roll through Thor's assault and Thor will not be able to knock him out, which presents what Thor does best when he can't win the fight by smashing, send his opponent far far away.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By D3athstroke

@isaac_clarke: Amazing pic

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By emperorznb

Stalemate or Thor.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#221  Edited By TifaLockhart

@isaac_clarke: Tell you what. You tell me what would qualify as legitimate speed feats for Lobo and I'll look through my collection to see if I have any.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke: Tell you what. You tell me what would qualify as legitimate speed feats for Lobo and I'll look through my collection to see if I have any.

A feat where he actually depicts some level of speed wouldn't hurt. Not some ridiculous showing where a much faster character than Lobo claims he's out matched in the speed department(And I say this because Pre-FP Superman has some really nice speed feats that I haven't seen anyone post Lobo coming close to accomplish, whether that includes vibrating those molecules or speeding his processing power up to slow everyone else down). Something that actually establishes the speed at which he can actually move around would be awesome, make sure it's actually believable.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By TifaLockhart

@isaac_clarke: Since you weren't specific, here are some various ones.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By isaac_clarke

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Context wouldn't hurt, anyhow lets take a look.

Thor did the same thing to kid Loki, except he was actually going after a moving target and appearing dead in front of them when he turned back into his godly form.

I'll be honest, I can't for the life of me remember Thor ever doing a back flip / roll on the ground. Or is the snatching a gun a feat?

I like how Guy flew into a pole, which makes him look like he can't even react at the speed he is flying at, which to be honest isn't even that fast. When Thor does a bullrush it's a tad bit more impressive IMO.

To be fair though, Lanterns do have their fair share of very inconsistent showings. Hal catches Zoom as he is blitzing folks, then gets knocked around by a mutated shark that easily bites through shields.

Is that knife showing faster than knocked Quicksilver on his rear after he was bragging about dodging lightning bolts since puberty?

As for the birds of prey swarming Lobo to be devoured, any excuse to post a fight where Thor pummels Loki x a dozen:

I'd actually give the birds an edge since they have wings, but that doesn't make this any less entertaining to post.

When I see Lobo smashing around minions I can't help think of that whole Thor scene from way back when Pluto's minions were announcing how he's seemingly everywhere as he pummels them.

I'd post something for dodging the lazer beam, but Thor's been blocking them on instinct for decades without effort. Hell he's twirled his hammer on his finger tips fast enough block them beams of energy being fired at him, it would be a little redundant to post something everyone already knows Thor can do really. No idea what the hog feat is supposed to show. But I'll say Lobo does show actual super human speed, just nothing Spiderman can't really duplicate in really any of these showings, didn't really need a writer to comment that he is fast though I got that after the barrage of punches. These showings really don't give me much of an impression that he is faster than Thor though, at all. But thanks, unless context for example to how fast that Ape is or that blast of energy being fired at him, etc.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor wins for the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By TifaLockhart

@isaac_clarke: To be quite frank, for a guy who wants context, you sure left it out of the Lobo blitzing Superman feat. Anyway,

1. It's afterimage speed.

2. If Guy is flying fast, it'd actually be more difficult for him to slow down or change direction.

3. Thor does an omnidirectional attack. As far as the knife scene, speed is the most difficult thing to convey in sequential art.

No Caption Provided

4. Those are parademons. But that's not the point. Read Deadman's quote.

5. The hog feat was in response to this quote of yours:

"That Thor can apply his speed in a fight to maneuver around someone that more than once has gone sight seeing around the globe in moments, who proceeds to be powerless to actually stop his assault on his master?"

As far as context, ask away. I have nothing to hide.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By sandiego008

Lobo stomps this easy ... unless BFR

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Void_Paladin

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: . It's been a while since I read Lobo's solo comic. I didn't know he had speed feats like that. Nice scans

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By MyronLee26

@CODYSF said:

@fps_dean:

Ok now know you talking nonsense Thor is not stronger then Sups hell not even Captain Marvel.

When has Captain Marvel displayed planet-moving strength? I never seen him do it

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By MyronLee26

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I agree with most of what you said, but I do remember a pretty old scan where Thor lifted a sword that was stated to have infinite weight, I don't remember where it's from but I'll try to find it.

The Odinsword. It only stated to be incalculable, not weigh an infinite amount. Incalcuable in Marvel means that they simply didn't bother counting.

Couldnt that almost mean that its too heavy to be calculated in a scale?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Void_Paladin: Thanks for the support.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#232  Edited By ReVamp

Lobo.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By thanobomb1124

Thor

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By termiteone4ever

No Caption Provided

I was Looking for this scan for years . I remember reading this comic but couldn't remember the issue. This was my argument about LOBO adapting to and resisting energy including magic . So yeah thanks for this scans LOBO stomps lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By TifaLockhart

Bringing this back to the Thor faction's attention.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By TifaLockhart

Thor.

You've convinced me with this post. How is Lobo going to compete against such irrefutable proof of Thor being superior?

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By emperorznb

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Are we talking about current Thor or classic Thor?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By TifaLockhart

@emperorznb: Who knows. I'd bet classic.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By termiteone4ever

NO thor not winning Classic of not . Lets not Go silver age or Classic Lobo because he barely changes . They only minus from lobo. In all facts lobo got so much foolish powers i dont can see why they dont keep him on earth for too long. Thor loses .

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke: To be quite frank, for a guy who wants context, you sure left it out of the Lobo blitzing Superman feat. Anyway,

1. It's afterimage speed.

2. If Guy is flying fast, it'd actually be more difficult for him to slow down or change direction.

3. Thor does an omnidirectional attack. As far as the knife scene, speed is the most difficult thing to convey in sequential art.

No Caption Provided

4. Those are parademons. But that's not the point. Read Deadman's quote.

5. The hog feat was in response to this quote of yours:

"That Thor can apply his speed in a fight to maneuver around someone that more than once has gone sight seeing around the globe in moments, who proceeds to be powerless to actually stop his assault on his master?"

As far as context, ask away. I have nothing to hide.

Not entirely sure what you mean there, at all. You mean my general lack of belief that Superman is completely unable to react to someone slower than him and is whining like a pansy at the same time?

1. Thanks.

2. I don't know, given some Lantern showings regarding speed and reaction he shouldn't be plowing head first into a pole like a goof.

3. Where was the omni-directional attack? He wasn't anywhere that close to quicksilver in the previous panel and the next one you see him right in-front of a Quicksilver being launched through the air by said attack. If your trying to say Thor's using a shockwave to outpace the speed of lightning it isn't exactly all too convincing.

4. The whole Lobo's body reacts faster than I can think line?

5. When I said sight seeing I actually meant sight seeing, not just flying around the globe multiple times. The Surfer on more than one occasion, most recently coming to mind was Greg Pak's #1 issue were even Zeus doesn't even notice his observer.

No Caption Provided

I'm sure you had nothing to hide, I just wanted to gather more information to actually understand how good said feats are. A knife fight or robbing a giant space ape of his gun don't give me much on their own, that is were you come in. Got me?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever said:

NO thor not winning Classic of not . Lets not Go silver age or Classic Lobo because he barely changes . They only minus from lobo. In all facts lobo got so much foolish powers i dont can see why they dont keep him on earth for too long. Thor loses .

Thor teleports Lobo to the moon. The end.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By isaac_clarke

@termiteone4ever said:

Thor teleports Lobo to the moon. The end.

That would be a terrible waste of a teleport.

Plus termiteone4ever isn't a serious poster, don't bother trying to start up a debate with him.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By TifaLockhart

@isaac_clarke: Have you read the storyarc in question? It's reprinted in trade. "Eradication! The Origin of the Eradicator."

2. Ask someone to drive a car at you at 25 mph and see if you can dodge at the last second. Now have them drive it at 200 mph and see if that makes it easier or harder for them to change direction.

3. The "thoom" on the ground and the debris imply Thor lunged and hit the ground. It wasn't as if they were that far away to begin with.

4. That's the one.

5. So you're claiming Silver Surfer moved at invisible superspeed to stop and watch Hulk fight Zeus?

It's obvious we're getting nowhere. Since you're so versed in Lobo as shown by your calling the Gordanian leader a giant ape, I'd like to request proof from you of Martian Manhunter and/or Captain Marvel and/or M'Onel being as fast (or close enough) as Superman. Fair's fair.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By emperorznb

@emperorznb: Who knows. I'd bet classic.

Then Lobo wins.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By TifaLockhart

@isaac_clarke: Paging Doctor Clarke. Call out in progress. Issue numbers requested. Thank you.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke: Have you read the storyarc in question? It's reprinted in trade. "Eradication! The Origin of the Eradicator."

2. Ask someone to drive a car at you at 25 mph and see if you can dodge at the last second. Now have them drive it at 200 mph and see if that makes it easier or harder for them to change direction.

3. The "thoom" on the ground and the debris imply Thor lunged and hit the ground. It wasn't as if they were that far away to begin with.

4. That's the one.

5. So you're claiming Silver Surfer moved at invisible superspeed to stop and watch Hulk fight Zeus?

It's obvious we're getting nowhere. Since you're so versed in Lobo as shown by your calling the Gordanian leader a giant ape, I'd like to request proof from you of Martian Manhunter and/or Captain Marvel and/or M'Onel being as fast (or close enough) as Superman. Fair's fair.

1. Nope, I haven't.
  2. So Guy was going 200 miles an hour head first into Lobo? Don't get what this comparison has to do with that showing imply a GL has crap reaction time when they've got their own fair share of showings of maneuverability / speed that are little better than flying head first into a pole. But then again they also have their fair share of bad ones involving mutated sharks.
  3. Cool, but he still knocked Quicksilver in the air. I think more definitive proof that he hit floor with his hammer was the fact his hammer was hitting the floor, the reasoning he moved however is the lack of an arch right in-front of him and Quicksilver already flying through the air before he even hit the ground with his hammer.
  4. Yep I read that scan you post.
  5. Claiming? I posted a scan of the Surfer traveling the globe observing multiple characters that didn't even notice presence, one being a skyfather pummeling Hulk at the time(also written by Pak, don't quite remember the Surfer there).

I'm well versed in what now? Gantu from Lilo & Stitch? Don't quite remember where I announced how Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel or Mon-El have comparable speed to that of Superman(although they do have comparable low showings, ziiing!) Just because writers very often like to down play a particular character's speed(poor Flash has quite a few of those showings) doesn't mean everyone they fight has comparable speed, strength or even durability. Don't go ahead and start thinking I'll treat Lobo any better than I do Power Girl. I'm still not convinced on this whole her being as strong as Wonder Woman.

@isaac_clarke: Paging Doctor Clarke. Call out in progress. Issue numbers requested. Thank you.

Silver Surfer: Devolution #1? Anything in particular your looking for? That and when did I become a Doctor? I'm a class four engineer for the CEC(Edit: It just did strike me how fitting the Galactus avatar is with this user name).

There isn't any reason to get so agitated and defensive over a thread.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By CODYSF

No matter what Marvel fans don't want to admit it to me if Thor was in the DC universe he will be a middle tier character.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By isaac_clarke

@CODYSF said:

No matter what Marvel fans don't want to admit it to me if Thor was in the DC universe he will be a middle tier character.

Glad to hear Lobo is middle tier. And just to add, I'd have my doubts on that given the recent revamp on power levels on the characters to boot.

Love how everyone that makes these threads has some sort of chip on their shoulder over a fictional character, it's hilarious.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By CODYSF

@isaac_clarke:

LOL I knew you where going to comment I did that in purpose well have a GN.