Lobo and Hulk vs. Power Girl and Thor

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

Lobo has been assigned the task of picking a single entity from any universe to possess, control, and maximize the full potential of the Red Ring Corps. Who does he choose? None other than the Hulk from WWH. Power Girl somehow makes it into the universe and recruits Thor to help her stop Lobo and Hulk from becoming a Universal threat.

Rules of this Battle:

1. Starts in NYC

2. No BFR

3. Morals On

4. Hulk and Lobo have Red Power Rings

5. Thor has Mjonlir but does NOT have Odin Force

6. Thor / Power Girl have 2 weeks of prep. Hulk / Lobo have 1 week prep

7. State your winners and your reasonsing

vs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Team 2

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Team 2.

Morals on, Lobo won't even use the Red Ring. He currently has one, but just wears it around his neck because he couldn't be bothered to slip it on. What a lot of people forget about the Red Ring is that it robs the user of most of their mental faculties, reducing them to snarling animals for the most part. So Hulk isn't going to be in a position to do any kind of prepping, and there are several geniuses on both Earths that either Kara or Thor can contact for help in 2 weeks (setting aside the fact that Kara could sundip and Thor could access any number of Asgardian artifacts). And besides, either one of them could beat Hulk on their own, and Lobo can't take them both on at the same time. Lobo's actually a lot smarter than people give him credit for, he's capable of rustling up something potent in 2 weeks, but it's not something he's known for so I doubt it will do much good here.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Pokeysteve

Team 2. Hulk is the weak link as stated and will be restated.

@CitizenBane: Is Lobo in the New 52 or do you mean "currently" before Flashpoint?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren

@Pokeysteve: Yeah, pre-Flashpoint.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By silverman201

Team 2

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

Team 2.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

I'll say team one, Hulk's pure rage, should be enough to at least hurt them substantially, so they couldn't take too many hits. Lobo's already a beast, and i think with what team two has, Hulk could beat Thor, Lobo can beat Powergirl. The big threat here, imo, is the prep for team 2.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@Soothing_Sounds said:

I'll say team one, Hulk's pure rage, should be enough to at least hurt them substantially, so they couldn't take too many hits. Lobo's already a beast, and i think with what team two has, Hulk could beat Thor, Lobo can beat Powergirl. The big threat here, imo, is the prep for team 2.

Hulk's pure rage isn't going to do squat. All Kara or Thor have to do is cut or burn off the finger with the ring and he'd die instantly.

I have no idea why people keep giving Hulk a red ring on the battle forums without knowing how the rings work. What is the thought process? "Ooh, the Hulk's pretty angry, and this ring works on rage, I bet he'd be unstoppable with it!"?

Lobo can't beat Kara and Thor at the same time. An argument could be made for him beating either one of them one-on-one, but not at the same time. He just can't.

amazinglover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amazinglover

Team 2 with red rings on they are just as likely to turn on each other than fight the enemies since for the most part red rings make you mindless beast.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stu630

team 1. Lobo take thor and hulk take PG.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@stu said:

team 1. Lobo take thor and hulk take PG.

Despite the fact that with a week of prep, Kara could sundip for days and Thor could bring the Belt of Strength or the Destroyer armor? I don't see how Team 1 wins.

And Hulk couldn't take PG if she had one hand tied behind her back.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stu630

@CitizenBane: it would be a close fight without the red ring. so with it ,team 2 as no chance.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@stu said:

@CitizenBane: it would be a close fight without the red ring. so with it ,team 2 as no chance.

How is it a close fight without the red ring? Hulk wouldn't be able to beat either one of these two even if they didn't have prep, with it he has no chance, and Lobo can't beat both of them at the same time, and if they amp themselves up it's highly likely he wouldn't be able to beat either one of them.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By beatboks1

@CitizenBane said:

@stu said:

How is it a close fight without the red ring? Hulk wouldn't be able to beat either one of these two even if they didn't have prep, with it he has no chance, and Lobo can't beat both of them at the same time, and if they amp themselves up it's highly likely he wouldn't be able to beat either one of them.

I think your selling team 1 a little short. I'll agree I don't get the point of the red Rings but without them they could certainly do alright.

The stupid Hulk from Avengers 3 back in 64 was enough to handle Classic Thor and he was no where near WWH levels

No Caption Provided

That dumb "Hulk Smash" version was enough to take on the rest of the Avengers.

And Lobo while Drunk has beaten up Superman and surprised him with his speed etc. Superman is more powerful than PG.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm not saying he wins, but remember Lobo with prep killed the other Czarnians. Food for thought.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@CitizenBane: As i said, the prep damages team 2 greatly. If they didn't have it, how would thor know how to take down the Red Ring Hulk, he wouldn't, then Lobo could handle PG. It would be tough, but i think Lobo can single out PG, while Hulk would just rage out at the thing nearest to him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@beatboks1: Thor has also one-shotted Hulk in the past, he's hit him so hard he almost died with one hammer strike. Sentry stalemated WW Hulk and Kara has better strength and speed feats than him. I've already said that an argument could be made that Lobo could beat either Thor or PG by himself, but not both at the same time, and if they use the week's time to amp themselves (sundipping and Asgardian artifacts) it is possible that either one of them could beat him.

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@CitizenBane: As i said, the prep damages team 2 greatly. If they didn't have it, how would thor know how to take down the Red Ring Hulk, he wouldn't, then Lobo could handle PG. It would be tough, but i think Lobo can single out PG, while Hulk would just rage out at the thing nearest to him.

PG would know, she just tells him. And then it's Lobo vs the 2 of them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Team Numero Dos

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jorgevy

I see a lot of ABC logic being thrown around here.....

anywho, can someone explain me why does Red Ring Hulk become useless because they can cut his finger off? Since when is it that simple to cut off a body part of the Hulk?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@Jorgevy said:

I see a lot of ABC logic being thrown around here.....

anywho, can someone explain me why does Red Ring Hulk become useless because they can cut his finger off? Since when is it that simple to cut off a body part of the Hulk?

It's very simple. Hulk's durability is mostly blunt force related, when it comes to sharp objects or energy it's nothing special. That's why he has that handy dandy healing factor. If you separate a Red Lantern from their ring, they die.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jorgevy

@CitizenBane: I dont see PG or Thor having any type of objects to do it, so I'll ask - can PGs heat vision do the works?

Also, do they ALWAYS die? Cause in New 52 Kyle had one along with other rings and he didnt die after they were destroyed. Or if they're destroyed it doesn count?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@Jorgevy: Yes, heat vision will work.

Kyle wasn't a Red Lantern though, he was all the Corps in one. The Blue Lantern rings negate the killing effects of the Red Lantern rings, so it's possible that protected him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Floopay

@CitizenBane: I hate to disagree, but the Hulk on many many occasions has been shown to not only be resistant, but dang near Immune to heat, it's hard to say that PG could heat vision his finger off, especially WWH who stood up to Johnny Storm and Ghost Rider.

Another factor I think people forget is the Ring doesn't instantly turn someone into a mindless beast, it has to build up. Lobo has been shown to use it and resist its effects on his brain. The Hulk is a character who by definition uses his rage to its fullest potential. WWH not only could handle the extreme emotions running through his mind, but was able to maintain an average or maybe even above average intelligence while doing so. When you stack his healing factor on top of this I think the Red Ring will have a very belated effect on a character such as him, while simultaneously being fueled by perhaps the angriest comic book character ever created. Hence the reason I chose the Hulk for this fight. I see a lot of comments being thrown out there that would lead me to believe people don't understand how much time it takes for a Red Ring to effect certain characters, and the different effects it has had. As stated earlier Lobo could resist its effects, and Lobo hasn't dealt with a third the amount of rage the Hulk has experienced. I think this battle will be much closer than people think. Especially against WWH who could actually use the ring with his intelligence, and probably for quite awhile before his anger took the best of him, and by that point he would be a force to be reckoned with!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@Floopay said:

@CitizenBane: I hate to disagree, but the Hulk on many many occasions has been shown to not only be resistant, but dang near Immune to heat, it's hard to say that PG could heat vision his finger off, especially WWH who stood up to Johnny Storm and Ghost Rider.

Another factor I think people forget is the Ring doesn't instantly turn someone into a mindless beast, it has to build up. Lobo has been shown to use it and resist its effects on his brain. The Hulk is a character who by definition uses his rage to its fullest potential. WWH not only could handle the extreme emotions running through his mind, but was able to maintain an average or maybe even above average intelligence while doing so. When you stack his healing factor on top of this I think the Red Ring will have a very belated effect on a character such as him, while simultaneously being fueled by perhaps the angriest comic book character ever created. Hence the reason I chose the Hulk for this fight. I see a lot of comments being thrown out there that would lead me to believe people don't understand how much time it takes for a Red Ring to effect certain characters, and the different effects it has had. As stated earlier Lobo could resist its effects, and Lobo hasn't dealt with a third the amount of rage the Hulk has experienced. I think this battle will be much closer than people think. Especially against WWH who could actually use the ring with his intelligence, and probably for quite awhile before his anger took the best of him, and by that point he would be a force to be reckoned with!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ghost Rider didn't even want to fight Hulk and Johnny's fire isn't as hot as Kryptonian heat vision unless it's at his upper levels. In Incredible Hulk #254 he was burning up on re-entry into Earth's atmosphere. Not so immune to heat now.

It turned Laira into a mindless beast the minute she slipped it on, and with the exception of Atrocitus (he's immune to the effects on account of being the progenitor of the Corps) all the Red Lanterns are mindless beasts. When did Lobo ever use the ring? Scans? I do not recall him ever using it. Hulk's intelligence does not matter in the slightest, one of the Red Lanterns (Ratchet) was a member of a hyper-intelligent race of aliens who'd eradicated crime and disease in their society. He was still just a mindless animal with the ring. Atrocitus is the only one who can bring a Red Lantern's intelligence back to their regular pre-Ring levels by dipping them in the Corps' blood ocean (the way he gave Bleez, Skallox and Ratchet their intelligence back). I'd like to see those scans of Lobo using the ring, please. Without them, Hulk is still just a mindless animal and the odds are heavily against Team 1.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By termiteone4ever

For sure its Team 1 . Due to lobo and the Rings or ring he wins . They have no way to kill this Fool No BFR i dont see them knocking him out with this red Ring.HULK and Thor would be battling it out while power girl and LObo will do the same . Lobo would take out power girl due to the ring and flight and speed also of lobo naturally Team 1 got this .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@termiteone4ever said:

For sure its Team 1 . Due to lobo and the Rings or ring he wins . They have no way to kill this Fool No BFR i dont see them knocking him out with this red Ring.HULK and Thor would be battling it out while power girl and LObo will do the same . Lobo would take out power girl due to the ring and flight and speed also of lobo naturally Team 1 got this .

Morals on. No ring for Lobo. Kara sundips. Thor brings the Belt of Strength. Or the Destroyer armor. Lobo gets KO'd. Hulk gets violated.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Emperorb777

Team 2 for reasons stated

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stu630

@CitizenBane: You seem to think that hulk is weak,he is not. Someone as posted all the fight between Hulk an Thor(its somewhere on comicvine) and i remember hulk having more wins than thor. So the fact are that Hulk <thor. And Lobo as been toe to toe with Superman, so it is believable that he can take PG

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@CitizenBane: I agree with this, but i still feel like your selling Hulk a bit short here. I could definetely see Hulk tearing (or at least beating him 8+ out of 10) Thor up with a red ring, with or without his mental capabilities. And i could see him having a chance at PG if he still had his mental capabilities, and a bit of prep.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@CitizenBane: I agree with this, but i still feel like your selling Hulk a bit short here. I could definetely see Hulk tearing (or at least beating him 8+ out of 10) Thor up with a red ring, with or without his mental capabilities. And i could see him having a chance at PG if he still had his mental capabilities, and a bit of prep.

How does Hulk even scratch Thor in the Destroyer armor, let alone beat him 8+/10?

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@CitizenBane: Never said he had destroyer armor...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saren

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@CitizenBane: Never said he had destroyer armor...

He has a week of prep. Is there a reason he can't get the Destroyer or the Belt of Strength?

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@CitizenBane: All i said was that you were underselling Hulk, and that if conditions were different he could take out Thor. (that means without the prep, i think he would have a chance at Thor with the belt of Strength though.)

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GhostRider29

@stu said:

LOL That's funny. It's a decent fight for a while, but with PG sundipping, she kills lobo. Thor with out holding back F's up Hulk.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By termiteone4ever

@CitizenBane said:

@termiteone4ever said:

Morals on. No ring for Lobo. Kara sundips. Thor brings the Belt of Strength. Or the Destroyer armor. Lobo gets KO'd. Hulk gets violated.

I guess the OP changed it i am sure it said Rings for lobo. I dont recall Lobo having morals at times i dont even know if he is a villian or good guy lol

IF that the case Team 2 wins

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TifaLockhart

@GhostRider29: She might KO him, but she ain't killing him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@beatboks1: Thor has also one-shotted Hulk in the past, he's hit him so hard he almost died with one hammer strike. Sentry stalemated WW Hulk and Kara has better strength and speed feats than him. I've already said that an argument could be made that Lobo could beat either Thor or PG by himself, but not both at the same time, and if they use the week's time to amp themselves (sundipping and Asgardian artifacts) it is possible that either one of them could beat him.

Not arguing anything against what you said few things though:

• Thor has never one shotted Hulk in the past.
  • The one hammer strike was from Hammer and Snew which might not even be cannon, and even so it was meant to be a recollection of a remote past and it would be Green Hulk fighting.
  • Hulk has taken few morals off blows from Thor without getting Koed as well.
  • Sentry stalemated WWHulk for two reason, that fight was pure PIS and sentry and hulk has always been friends. Sentry is the only one who can calm hulk , also Hulk Koed him as bruce banner and sentry well he fought like an idiot as always.
  • But i am with you on the speed thing, PG is far too fast for hulk to do much. Team 2 should win handily.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@Killemall: Didn't know Hammer and Sinew wasn't canon. The Sentry fight is weird but if Hulk's showings are limited to his WWH ones it's one of the few showings available, otherwise you just have Hulk plowing through a bunch of people who aren't even close to Thor or PG's level (and the ones that are like Zom Strange lost because of plot).

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'd say it's as canon as Mjolnir bouncing off Count Nefaria's chest in the Avengers flashback during Busiek's run.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall: Didn't know Hammer and Sinew wasn't canon. The Sentry fight is weird but if Hulk's showings are limited to his WWH ones it's one of the few showings available, otherwise you just have Hulk plowing through a bunch of people who aren't even close to Thor or PG's level (and the ones that are like Zom Strange lost because of plot).

Well hulk beaten guys who are pretty powerful but the problem here is they never used speed against him. Some of his feats would include:

• lifting 150 billion tons of mountain (the weight amount has been retconned to 150 billion from secret wars, dont know why)
  • Beating enchantress , whos pretty durable but not as durable as Thor or PG.
  • Beating Mr. Fantastic , weird battle to say the least.
  • Closing giant craters with bare hands.
  • Beating the Executioner, who's a little under Thor.
  • Beating Red Hulk during Loeb's orginal run, but that hardly counts.
  • Beating Gladiator thanks to him understating hulk.
  • Destroying HE's armor which has tanked hits from Silver Surfer and many other powerful beings as they were nothing.
  • beating Gardner, well he's still a guardian of the universe but not as durable.
  • Beating the mighty Hemidal someone close to Thor in level of strength
  • Causing earthquakes just by walking (not World War Hulk, but normal hulk)
  • Holding twenty two tones of magnet apart, scienficially speaking a massive massive strength feat
  • Holding his own against morals off thor, hulk has done in in few occasions but he seems to have no answer to Thor versatility but sadly thor never uses his real powers like godblast, wind of a thousand worlds etc on his, perhaps because Hulk currently is more popular than Thor.
  • Fighting an entire squad of avengers which included: Classic hercules, Johnny Storm, Iron Fist, Thor , Luke Cage, Vision , Wasp and Dr. Strange (Hulk 300, if you are interested i can provide scans, the whole battle is 24 pages long so i didnt really bother showing you the scan now but i can if you are interested)
  • Fighting an entire roster of avengers gaint (Hulk 321 and 322) which included Hercules (classic hercules is class 100), Captain America, Hawkeye, Mocking Bird, Wonder Man (classic Wonder man is class 100 too), Namor (classic namor was close to 70 tonner), Jeriko (near 10 tones, not a big factor), Captain Marvel (80 tons perhaps), She Hulk, Iron Man and it took them 2 issues to KO him after betty arrived.

So yeah hulk has plenty of good feats (with some absolutely horrible feats like getting one shotted by Samsong gray and getting KOed by Captain America).

However, having said all this hulk doesnt have speed to tag PG provided she uses her speed to good use besides the longer the fight gets the harder it would be to KO hulk. She has to KO hulk as soon as possible which she is more than capable of. I think hulk can tank around 10 punches from a moral off PG but she is more than capable of delivering a lot more before hulk could react. Hulk has a hard time tagging Spiderman PG is way faster.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By stu630

@GhostRider29: So what your saying is while PG and Thor are getting ready to war.Hulk and lobo are drinking tea?! Both team have prep time. So why would thor and PG be the only one using that?!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Saren

@stu said:

@GhostRider29: So what your saying is while PG and Thor are getting ready to war.Hulk and lobo are drinking tea?! Both team have prep time. So why would thor and PG be the only one using that?!

Because Hulk isn't going to be capable of prep because of the Red Ring, and PG and Thor have access to things that surpass whatever Lobo can throw at them. Simple as that.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@stu said:

Because Hulk isn't going to be capable of prep because of the Red Ring, and PG and Thor have access to things that surpass whatever Lobo can throw at them. Simple as that.

Yeah even if Hulk had his genius level intellect all he can do is build stuffs that does weird stuffs, hulk at the moment isnt even bruce banner and needed help from Dr. Doom so save his arse from insane Bruce Banner in the recent ongoing series.. Dont see him doing much at all.

Dont know much about Lobo in terms of prep.