#1 Posted by Mortein (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard vs Thing (Movie versions)

in new york.

Morals on

no prep

#2 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Thing might be a bit too durable for the lizard, also he his stronger but i dont think by much.

#3 Posted by ShootingNova (15523 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Neither can truly damage the other, but I think if given enough time Lizard would beat Thing.

That's probably true.

#4 Posted by Nefarious (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#5 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben took helicopter propellers to the face and chest. Lizard claws won't do much, and Thing could hurl a car at the Lizard or whatever is in the area. He should atleast be around 60 tons in the movie right?

#7 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: idk.he couldent lift a fire truck. but i dont know how heavy one is

#8 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker:I read it was around 28000 pounds, so movie Thing could hold like 14 tons. Lol

#9 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: lol thats sad.but he was always more durable than he was strong

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard has no way of truly harming his opponent and Ben has no way of actually putting Connors down either.

As for strength, I'd say Connors might have the advantage as he was pushing cars around on the bridge as if they were nothing.

#11 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Ben did crush that Ferrari like it was nothing. lol. Do off-panel/screen feats count? Also maybe he had no leverage. On Rise Ben supported that ferris wheel thing until Johnny weilded it back in place.

#12 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing also lifted the London Eye, which is a 1,870 tons. So... yeah. Thought I'd say that since nobody mentioned it.

Thing wins.

#13 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Thing also lifted the London Eye, which is a 1,870 tons. So... yeah. Thought I'd say that since nobody mentioned it.

Thing wins.

Thats what I was trying to say. Lmao. ''Ferris Wheel Thing" I feel like a boob.

#14 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing would win. Unless, the Lizard got some weapons or something. If he had prep then he could develop a super weapon. If not, then the Thing takes it.

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing 

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard win in time

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: That feat doesnt mean much when Sue and Reed were using there powers to hold it in place..... not as impressive by himself.

#18 Posted by Drakkis (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really seen the new Spiderman movie how strong was the Lizard?

#19 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@JediXMan: That feat doesnt mean much when Sue and Reed were using there powers to hold it in place..... not as impressive by himself.

Does when all of their powers were malfunctioning because of Johnny's screw up. And Sue was keeping it from falling into the river; Thing was holding it up.

#20 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is far stronger and could take much, much more punishment, however, Lizard's healing factor and regeneration could be a factor in this fight. Going with Thing though.

#21 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing would win by KO fairly easily.

#22 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Drakkis:He was strong enough to toss cars around like they were nothing, punch through a metal door, break spidermans webbing which was strong enough to hold a car with 1 strand and was easily over powering spiderman every fight they had.

#23 Posted by Harryman (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard kills Thing...

#24 Posted by laflux (14128 posts) - - Show Bio

@Harryman said:

Lizard kills Thing...

no

#25 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard wins due to healing factor.

@spartan92:

I wouldn't say he was overpowering him, in the sewer Peter managed to almost equal the Lizard's strength by holding back his arm.

Not that equaling the 10-tonner Spider-Man is a bad thing by any means.

#26 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins. Lizard can't hurt Thing, Lizard heals from Thing's attacks. Fight goes on until Lizard's serum runs out and he turns back into Connors.

#27 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the Lizard eventually turn back into Connors unless he takes the serum again? I strictly remember that happening in the movie. If that is the case then Ben would win. His durability is much higher than what the Lizard can dish out. Also people treat it like the Lizard can't be KOed. Ben took fireballs to the face, Doom's lightning, fall from the top floor of a skyscraper into another building. helicopter propellers, and Doom smacking him with a metal pole. Plus he was never KOed during any of those confrontations.

#28 Posted by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt Petunia's favourite Nephew WINS!

#29 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2619 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins. I can't see Lizard KO'ing him. Remember in Rise of the Silver Surfer when Thing took a steel vault door full on and got smashed when Doom stole Surfers board, some to barely phase him. Thing has some really impressive durability feats in those FF movies (probably the only thing they got right in those films), so he should be able to win via KO'ing Lizard.

#30 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing's skin is so hard it is practically impervious to being punctured or breached by anything from blades to multiple high caliber bullets so he wins

#31 Posted by angrir (126 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

#32 Posted by RogueShadow (9946 posts) - - Show Bio

One Ben gets a grip of the Lizard he rips his head off.

#33 Posted by i_like_swords (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

I fail to see how it isn't obvious that Thing wins, for those who have seen the films.

#34 Posted by MrUnsmiley (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on, Lizard wins. The only way Thing could stop him would be to either tie him down so he can't get out, or rip his head off. The healing factor prevents any physical blows from having a lasting effect. You could argue that the Lizard drowns the Thing if it comes to it, but Thing's morality is the determining factor. If it's off, Lizard doesn't stand a chance.

IIRC, Lizard can spit acid, or can't he? That should be something that has an effect on Ben regardless of durability. If not, the Lizard can always go for the eyes.