#1 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok in other forums people are comparing the two. I dont think they are on the same power level

Living Tribunal is the judge of the Universe and is the most powerful cosmic entity

Spectre is a powerful dude but has most limitations and has to manifest himself in a human

Most people seem to think they are on the same level because they saw the two in the 96 crossover Dc vs Marvel

I think the writers choose Spetre cause they had no one to equal the LT since DC has less cosmic beings then marvel

plus they never fought in the crossover anyway

your thoughts

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

we have had this battle already...

LT has done things that The Specter can't do... and Specter has done things that LT can't do...

it's a stalemate

M

#3 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh from stuff i read LT seems to be stronger

I know LT isnt god and cant do everything but i still think hes stronger

sorry didnt know that there was an old thread on this though =/

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it's been discussed a few times...

they do have widely different powers, but are basically on the same level... maybe LT is a bit stronger...

i don't know that much about the LT, but i can say that The Specter is the Right Hand of God... he draws his power from The Creator himself...

M

#5 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought since the Spetre has to manifest itself in a human he seems more limited here are my reasonings i got to my conclusion when trying to prove a point in another post

this website makes good arguments that SS beats Supes http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

Supes can beat darkseid

Thanos can beat SS

So Supes=Darkseid <Silver Surfer < Thanos <Galactus < LT

Spetre was repelled by DarkSeids omega effect

Living Tribunal laughs at whatever the surfer or thanos can throw at him so i dont think darkseid could repell LT

it just seems that DCs Gods/cosmic entities are weeker then marvels

#6 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought since the Spetre has to manifest itself in a human he seems more limited here are my reasonings i got to my conclusion when trying to prove a point in another post

this website makes good arguments that SS beats Supes http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

Supes can beat darkseid

Thanos can beat SS

So Supes=Darkseid <Silver Surfer < Thanos <Galactus < LT

#7 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i think there is somthing wrong with your post or this thread. lol

#8 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes can beat darkseid

Thanos can beat SS

So Supes=Darkseid. Silver Surfer would beat one of them one on one

Thanos beats surfer, galactus beats thanos and LT beat galactus

if Surfer or Thanos blasted LT, LT would laugh or can ignore them like flies

so i just think that if someone on Darkseids level can use the omega effect to repell Spetre then hes just not on the level

I just think that the DC Gods/Cosmic Entities are weaker then marvels

#9 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"it's been discussed a few times... they do have widely different powers, but are basically on the same level... maybe LT is a bit stronger... i don't know that much about the LT, but i can say that The Specter is the **Right Hand of God**... he draws his power from The Creator himself... M"

Thanks.

I do lend him a bit of power occasionally.

#10 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Heart of Infinity says:

"I just thought since the Spetre has to manifest itself in a human he seems more limited here are my reasonings i got to my conclusion when trying to prove a point in another postthis website makes good arguments that SS beats Supes http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htmSupes can beat darkseidThanos can beat SSSo Supes=Darkseid. Silver Surfer would beat one of them one on oneThanos beats surfer, galactus beats thanos and LT beat galactusif Surfer or Thanos blasted LT, LT would laugh or can ignore them like fliesso i just think that if someone on Darkseids level can use the omega effect to repell Spetre then hes just not on the levelI just think that the DC Gods/Cosmic Entities are weaker then marvels"

Great Point. Right on the money.

#11 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Heart of Infinity says:

"I just thought since the Spetre has to manifest itself in a human he seems more limited here are my reasonings i got to my conclusion when trying to prove a point in another post this website makes good arguments that SS beats Supes http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm Supes can beat darkseid Thanos can beat SS So Supes=Darkseid. Silver Surfer would beat one of them one on one Thanos beats surfer, galactus beats thanos and LT beat galactus if Surfer or Thanos blasted LT, LT would laugh or can ignore them like flies so i just think that if someone on Darkseids level can use the omega effect to repell Spetre then hes just not on the level I just think that the DC Gods/Cosmic Entities are weaker then marvels"

Hm...

#12 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the main reason LT pwns Spectre . . .

Spectre is the Right hand of God (right?). But only when it come to God's vengeance! He doen't speak for God, He is not here to maintain a COSMIC balance between multi-verses. That is LT purpose. The One Above All does not speak, LT does it for him. The One Above All does not get involved, LT Does.

Also, is it not true that there are other "Specters" (maybe different names) in other universes/dimensions of DC? 'Cause if there is, that make Specter a little pice of a big puzzle. In Marvel there is only one LT! He is the same throughout all time, all dimensions, all realities, throughout the entire Omni-verse there is only one LT. and he is in all of simultaneously (in all times and all places).
Post Edited:2007-09-24 21:05:00
Post Edited:2007-09-24 21:05:23

#13 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"it's been discussed a few times... they do have widely different powers, but are basically on the same level... maybe LT is a bit stronger... i don't know that much about the LT, but i can say that The Specter is the **Right Hand of God**... he draws his power from The Creator himself... M"

Just pointing out, LT is the Right Hand of Marvel's god.....he's only second to OAA.

But, I think it's a tie. Had this discussion many times, we did at the Marvel boards....

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with tevnoba

#15 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"i agree with tevnoba"

...I think I do too...

#16 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

IM not to sure. because the spectre is the cosmic judge and was one of the deciding factors in Crisis on Infinite Earths where there was only one Spectre not multiple versions like the other heros/villains.

in that the spectre was trying to maintain the cosmic balance between the multiple universes.

#17 Posted by Dio (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#18 Posted by Dio (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Heart of Infinity says:

"I just thought since the Spetre has to manifest itself in a human he seems more limited here are my reasonings i got to my conclusion when trying to prove a point in another postthis website makes good arguments that SS beats Supes http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htmSupes can beat darkseidThanos can beat SSSo Supes=Darkseid. Silver Surfer would beat one of them one on oneThanos beats surfer, galactus beats thanos and LT beat galactusif Surfer or Thanos blasted LT, LT would laugh or can ignore them like fliesso i just think that if someone on Darkseids level can use the omega effect to repell Spetre then hes just not on the levelI just think that the DC Gods/Cosmic Entities are weaker then marvels"

Cosmic maybe... but not GODS