Living Tribunal vs Death (Supernatural)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eternityx

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

LT vs Death (Supernatural)

Who wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death. all the way all day long.
Simply because of his scythe.

SND is not really an abstract concept of "death" like marvelverses death. instead he is more of a "symbolic end to everything" personified

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eternityx

@dondave said:

LT

On scale of 1-10, 10 being with great difficulty and 1 being very easily, how does LT beat him?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

LT in a stomp. Wether or not Death is the end of everything means didly squat since marvels end to all oblivion is weaker than LT. Lt is at least megaversal to omniversal.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pierpat

I know all seasoned debaters will destroy poor death, but i personally think that, even if feat-wise LT stomps, going on with logical thinking death should win, LT can't erase her, while this death is not what we consider death, it's more the non existance, and she can overcome anything shorter than a true omnipotent.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer end to all oblivion and SND are two entire different categories.

SND is not marvelverses abstract concept. he is a symbol. LT just cant take something like that the only thing in all of marvelverse that can take him is TOAA

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelebones: Dude the endless are symbols in DC and it is a conenciouse on this site any single one of them loses to LT. This is not about pure speculation about being the end of all. We do not know how powerful the SN god is. He could be universal or he could be TOAA level we just don't know. The end of all in a generaly planet level universe means little against the guaridan of the omniverse, he has delt with worse than a symbol of death. Oh and oblivion is basicly a symbol of the end. He is the void. He was before the multiverse was even created so he is not a normal abstract.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer So then by the lack of feats and the overall impossibility to portray the full potential of a "god" in a tv series. the scythe is disallowed, and this all simply ends in a mismatch?

freaking brilliant
glad we could hash this all out... i need a drink -_-

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelebones: Impossibility? I point you to Doctor Who for their being mega powerful live action beings. The scythe can end a not even by feats aside from one being universal charecter therefor puts him on a omniversal scale? Sounds legit to me.

I need a klondike bar.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@skelebones: Dude the endless are symbols in DC and it is a conenciouse on this site any single one of them loses to LT. This is not about pure speculation about being the end of all. We do not know how powerful the SN god is. He could be universal or he could be TOAA level we just don't know. The end of all in a generaly planet level universe means little against the guaridan of the omniverse, he has delt with worse than a symbol of death. Oh and oblivion is basicly a symbol of the end. He is the void. He was before the multiverse was even created so he is not a normal abstract.

I'm assuming SN god is not a true omnipotent considering Death stated that he will kill it at some point.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going with Living Tribunal though this could be an interesting fight :)

BTW are these types of threads are allowed now? because I've been seeing a lot of nigh-omnipotent threads lately and I've heard that threads with nigh-omnipotent are against the rules.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer youre comparing doctor who which is grounded in science fiction to the religious aspects of supernatural

i was merely mentioning how you cannot accuratly portray an omnipotent "god" in human form on telivision.

Not to mention the comic book megaverses is being compared to a tvseries universe. theres only one universe in SN purely because of PIS/WIS or whatever.

get a mod to close this debate and ill get you that damn klondike bar if you get me a double of blue label

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

God of Supernatural is, at best a universal entity. And death failed to kill him for who knows how many years, and had to wait. Making him, at best, universal+.

LT is so much above universal+ beings it's not even funny. Mismatch.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 its universal soley because SN is a tvshow. rediculous notion but taking out the busting abilities of either universe. if SND had more feats he could verywell stomp. but we'll never know.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 its universal soley because SN is a tvshow. rediculous notion but taking out the busting abilities of either universe. if SND had more feats he could verywell stomp. but we'll never know.

It's because SND is a planetary show, but with 1 confirmed, and 2-3 arguable universal characters. Shows like DocW have whole races of universal+ beings, multiversal destruction events and whatnot.

If SND had more feats.. 1. It isn't really the way to go lol. 2. It would still remain universal, unless they introduce a multiverse or something.

Fact remains that LT is multiversal+ by feats, while death is, by hype, universal, making the thread a mismatch.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skelebones

@princearagorn1arguable is a stretch. The fairies and the leviathans come from seperate dimensions. not universe. kinda like the demons from hell.

unless those feats include deaths scythe killing death. inwhich case LT is screwed

LT being megaversal doesnt help when there is a weapon that can supposedly end SND

Im not contesting the mismatch. merely the extent of how bad a mismatch it is. all we need to rekindle this debate is a feat of dialogue that has already been spoken but never seen

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a very interesting battle thread. In the supernatural reality Death said he was unsure who was created first him or God. He even was bold enough to say that he would reap God himself. Suggesting the Gods life was not eternal and that all things comes to a end. I do not like this notation because it seems more like a atheist stand point.( Why you ask? Well, If God himself is not eternal then neither is the human soul.) The only thing that makes sense is if Death does not know the answers. This would indicate a limit to deaths power and thus he is only a important pawn in the realm of the supernatural. This is actually the only thing that makes sense because otherwise, if Death and God were close to being equal then Lucifer like in season 5 could develop a spell to control God also, otherwise no spells could be strong enough to hold the two most powerful being in existence. The way i view LT and Deaths roles is that Death is in charge of placing the dead in the places where there suppose to go. Deaths role is important in the grand design because without death there would only be pain and chaos. And because of deaths role and his importance to the universe he cannot be killed. LT to me is a guardian of a multiverse. His role is to protect the entire system of the multiverse and not caring about the outcome of one reality. LTs power is so great he can wipe out a entire universe without much thought, if this reality posed a threat to the entire system. It's not a easy answer because the marvel universe and the supernatural universe are not linked. And I don't know exactly how big deaths role is....if death only governs the supernatural universe or all universes? If there is only one universe it depends on whether LT is powerful enough to defeat God of the supernatural universe. There are too many what ifs to answer this question correctly. As far as feats go LT seems more impressive of what he is capable of. Death moved the moon in front of the sun and apparently could defeat god cas. But didn't want too.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

God of Supernatural is, at best a universal entity. And death failed to kill him for who knows how many years, and had to wait. Making him, at best, universal+.

this.

Supernatural isn't a multiverse. They can't compete with someone who is.

Pretty simple.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT replicates the binding spell The brothers used on Death..

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By logic, Death.

By feats, LT.

Jmarshmallow

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

Death has no feats even remotely universal - where as LT is multi-multiversal (or megaversal or whatever you wish to call it) and can destroy universes at a whim.

And the Living Tribunal is more powerful than the cornerstone abstracts which include Death - and I see no reason why Supernatural Death supersedes Marvel's one.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death can't even destroy the souls his reapers carry to their destinations and can actually be bound by something he even describes as a pitiful spell. There is no logically reason to assume he can defeat the Living Tribunal.

God of Supernatural is, at best a universal entity.

That we don't know - just that Lucifer remarked that 'Dad created everything.'

And death failed to kill him for who knows how many years, and had to wait. Making him, at best, universal+.

Death so far in the series has never tried to kill God. He's only mentioned that at the end of all things he will supposedly reap-him. That's about it.

Supernatural isn't a multiverse. They can't compete with someone who is.

Pretty simple.

Supernatural has shown to at least have two universes so far - one where the brothers are real and one where they are not. It's a small multiverse, but a multiverse nonetheless.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

Death from Supernatural is featless, LT has shown multiversal feats. This is largely mismatched alongside being against the rules.