Living Tribunal VS, Beyonder

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: I'll look for some. Both from my sources and from the internet if I can get any.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By warlock360

Beyonder by definition was the embodiement of everything excluding their reality (616), so in that case the one who is the embodiement of every universe should have the upperhand powerwise, in which case it's the LT.

Math:

Beyonder = All realities - 616 (lets call this "B")

LT = All realities

= B < LT

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader: I'll look for some. Both from my sources and from the internet if I can get any.

The Living Tribunal is omniversal and exists in every reality at once.

http://www.comicvine.com/living-tribunal/29-6811/

Living Tribunal, thejudge of all realities and omniverse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods_(Marvel_Comics)

@warlock360 said:

Beyonder by definition was the embodiement of everything excluding their reality (616), so in that case the one who is the embodiement of every universe should have the upperhand powerwise, in which case it's the LT.

It's quite the opposite, the beyonder was everything outside marvel multiverse, he was his own realm (which is a megaversed sized since the marvel multiverse was a droplet of water compared to it) and everything in which it exists, so overall he was the sumation of something much much much more than a single multiverse.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By warlock360

@justleader: I'd have to go back and read that line i'm thinkng of right now back then the whole alternate realites in marvel wasn't all that much sported i believe it wasn't even divided into 616 or something else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Beyonder wrecks the Living Tribunal.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TheGirugamesh

Anyone who thinks the LT has any sort of chance here doesn't know what they're talking about.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jeanroygrant

@King Saturn said:

Beyonder would win here
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By IZZR
@girugamesh: Quite true, from what i gathered LT seemed unsure whether he could beat Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet,, so decided not to engage him, Beyonder is beyond their power.
TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@IZZR said:

@girugamesh: Quite true, from what i gathered LT seemed unsure whether he could beat Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet,, so decided not to engage him, Beyonder is beyond their power.

Let's not get carried away, LT>>Adam or Thanos with the IG.

All the same yes, pre-retcon Beyonder is far too much.

Landlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Landlord

Pre-Retcon Beyonder is too much.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#111  Edited By AssertingValor

@Son Of Storm said:

Beyonder

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By IZZR
@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

What do you mean get carried away? Read Warlock and the Infinity Watch and find out for yourself, LT said if him and Adam fought it would destroy everything and no one would win hence why he didnt think it was wise to fight him and Adam with IG >> Thanos with IG because Thanos just toys around Adam would not.
TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@IZZR said:

@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

What do you mean get carried away? Read Warlock and the Infinity Watch and find out for yourself, LT said if him and Adam fought it would destroy everything and no one would win hence why he didnt think it was wise to fight him and Adam with IG >> Thanos with IG because Thanos just toys around Adam would not.

On the other hand:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/74/ltaboveig6qk.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/66/ltaboveig25hj.jpg/

"His judgement is obviously keeping the gems from working together."

The LT's power evidently dwarfs that of the gems, even together. As for "destroying everything", the LT stated that he simply would rather not destroy the dimension/plane of reality they were in to take it by force; there was no question that he wouldn't be able to do it though.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By IZZR
@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

On the other hand:

The LT's power evidently dwarfs that of the gems, even together. As for "destroying everything", the LT stated that he simply would rather not destroy the dimension/plane of reality they were in to take it by force; there was no question that he wouldn't be able to do it though.

That is very misleading, why would it bother LT if he destroys everything if he supposedly has the power to put everything back, Adam explicitly asks him a rhetorical question to which LT just remains silent over not that there is no question whether he could really defeat him, i know the IG has been retconned now but back then it was the bomb.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@IZZR said:

@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

@girugamesh said:

@IZZR said:

On the other hand:

That is very misleading, why would it bother LT if he destroys everything if he supposedly has the power to put everything back, Adam explicitly asks him a rhetorical question to which LT just remains silent over not that there is no question whether he could really defeat him, i know the IG has been retconned now but back then it was the bomb.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Because he's the supreme judge, he doesn't flippantly just blow up universes if there is no reason. And as I have shown before, the LT's power exceeds that of the gems.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By whydama

Living Tribunal wins

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Kellar21

funny how as soon as they begin their light show the abstracts start to breakdance,with The Watcher spining on the ground and Galactus showing his moves,nice battle we got here.

On the thread Beyonder was really strange to me,but I think LT can take,as if I remember the concept of TOAA and how LT works for him came after Beyonder so I would think that if TOAA backs LT like he always does,LT can win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read every damned comic with LT and Beyonder in it dozens of times and I have no clue why people assume that LT is any less powerful than Beyonder. I always....i mean this...ALWAYS took each character being the right and left hand of TOAA. Brothers, absolute equals in every respect.

LT was the logical and level headed son and balance to most things. Beyonder was the rash, impulsive chaos that mirrored Living Tribunal. Do people assume The Living Tribunal was weaker than Beyonder due to Thanos absorbing him along with all of Marvel? He used the Heart of the Universe to do that, an object that clearly was a window into TOAA. It might have actually been part of him. TOAA > HOTU > LT = Beyonder > Infinity Gauntlet and similar objects. This is just my opinion.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By CalebHara

@P0rtal said:

I've read every damned comic with LT and Beyonder in it dozens of times and I have no clue why people assume that LT is any less powerful than Beyonder. I always....i mean this...ALWAYS took each character being the right and left hand of TOAA. Brothers, absolute equals in every respect.

LT was the logical and level headed son and balance to most things. Beyonder was the rash, impulsive chaos that mirrored Living Tribunal. Do people assume The Living Tribunal was weaker than Beyonder due to Thanos absorbing him along with all of Marvel? He used the Heart of the Universe to do that, an object that clearly was a window into TOAA. It might have actually been part of him. TOAA > HOTU > LT = Beyonder > Infinity Gauntlet and similar objects. This is just my opinion.

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no surprise there were no witty retorts or defensive posts against mine.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By laflux

@P0rtal said:

Its a very intelligent way of looking at things, that's why. My only retorts is that LT has three faces to represent different aspects of his judgement, and where does the fulcrum fit in to all of this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Pre-Retcon Beyonder would take this. Otherwise Living Tribunal would.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pretty clear to me that the Fulcrum was TOAA, a lot like Morgan Freeman when he played God in those two movies. Fulcrum is TOAAs physical manifestation and is, at least to me, clearly TOAA itself. I didn't mean any offense on my retort comment, I merely said it because anyone who supports either side has absolutely no basis for what they are saying and are only playing the favorites game. LT is the undisputed 2nd in command to TOAA, and Beyonder is the unofficial version of him with a bad attitude who really is a sad being that cannot see right from wrong. I assure you that LT is the older brother who experienced Beyonder wrecking a few billion universes and ended up playing the Maid card. Always secretly cleaning up his mess. No way LT would let Beyonder do that and get away with it, clearly they are siblings and LT cannot pass judgement on his brother. So, he lets him do what he wants and ends up fixing anything he breaks quietly when Beyonder isn't looking.

Thats how I see it. :)

Sniber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Sniber

@King Saturn said:

@SilverGalford said:
" beyonder??? i thought the living tribunal was the second after one above all. "
in currently ranks you would be right... but the Classic Beyonder was actually equal to The One Above All...

No one in marvel = TOAA. he can just use an eraser to make beyonder as if never existed. he can show in next comics that all that was a person's dream.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NeonGameWave

Beyonder is beyond the Living Tribunal.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By dondave

Beyonder

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#127  Edited By dernman

LT

Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a useless thread, it was proven by scans that beyonder is above Living Tribunal

Beyonder will only say : Boo!! and LT will scream like a girl and vanish from existence :D

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By cmyers1980

@King Saturn said:

Beyonder would win here
kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By kingkronos

Beyonder easily.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Bo88gdan

Beyonder

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Deadgod

Beyonder

Sniber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Sniber

If this is fight to death then LT wins because I never saw LT being damaged.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

LT wins, because Beyonder no matter how powerful he is/was, was kinda stupid. A stupid God is not really God.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkgodzz said:

who can prove me that beyonder is equal or above TOAA

Beyonder equal or not to TOAA, that's not the right question, because there is no clue to make the comparison. but you can say that Beyonder was TOAA before creation or with more precise words, he was God before genesis, as the writer and ex Head of Marvel HQ said. Beyonder was TOAA before TOAA was established. moreover, according to Stan Lee PR Beyonder was TOAA of his own actuality, the purpose of his original existence was to explain the existence of the other comic companies and their own universal laws and structure with their own supreme beings.

so we can say that both PR Beyonder and TOAA are facets of the same supreme being ruling over Marvel Universe or that Beyonder is a supreme being of other reality (realities) than Marvel wich makes him equal to TOAA

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By spawn_123

Beyonder

Driger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Driger

@xyrzrockrain said:

No Caption Provided
BEYONDER SHRUGS OFF AN ATTACK THAT CAN DESTROY SEVERAL BILLION DIMENSIONS.

No Caption Provided
JUST BY THINKING BEYONDER STARTS TO DESTROY THE MULTIVERSE.
No Caption Provided
NO ONE CAN KILL THE BEYONDER WITHOUT HIS CONSENT.

Beyonder is the 2nd most powerful being in the Marvel universe. Second only to the One Above All

1. first of all LT is omniversal. so such attacks will not work on him too. Unlike beyonder, he will not even be distracted.

2. LT can also destroy multiverse easily. But unlike beyonder, Lt is very good guy, so he won't do that.

3. That proves nothing. Protege also made a big claim like that he become the next TOAA but he was defeated by LT and scathan.

I say LT wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By dondave

Beyonder ftw

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By pooty

@Sniber said:

LT was beaten by Thanos when Thanos had the HOTU. but that was the power of the TOAA so that is understandable.

@LordOfAllHumans said:

LT wins, because Beyonder no matter how powerful he is/was, was kinda stupid. A stupid God is not really God.

LT was stupid or naive to the ways of man. he didn't understand our emotions etc. that does not mean he was stupid in how to use his power or protect himself.

@Driger: I agree that LT can also do all the things posted in your scan. I do know that LT went to Molecule Man, so Molecule Man could fight the Beyonder. It insinuated that LT knew he couldn't beat Beyonder. Hopefully someone will post the scan because I don't have it.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By asIsuspected

Beyonder of course

Deatheye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Deatheye

Beyonder

Driger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Driger

@pooty said:

@Sniber said:

LT was beaten by Thanos when Thanos had the HOTU. but that was the power of the TOAA so that is understandable.

@LordOfAllHumans said:

LT was stupid or naive to the ways of man. he didn't understand our emotions etc. that does not mean he was stupid in how to use his power or protect himself.

@Driger: I agree that LT can also do all the things posted in your scan. I do know that LT went to Molecule Man, so Molecule Man could fight the Beyonder. It insinuated that LT knew he couldn't beat Beyonder. Hopefully someone will post the scan because I don't have it.

Lt is like a king. he can order mm to fight beyonder. that does not mean he himself can't do that.

god send michal to fight lucifer. does that mean god himself can't defeat lucifer ?

hotu didn't damage Lt. it just absorbed him.

and who knows may be I said MAY BE all those characters themselves get absorbed in hotu(by their own wish) to respect the power of TOAA. may be hotu isin't really that much powerful.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is this thread still going?????

Beyonder just think of banquet and Living Tribunal becomes banquet, then Beyonder invites all the ones that voted for him in this thread to have a delicious feast

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By pooty

@Driger: who knows may be I said MAY BE all those characters themselves get absorbed in hotu(by their own wish) to respect the power of TOAA

When Thanos was absorbing everyone, thanos says that " LT and Eternity RESISTED the longest due to their stubbornness. Google "Thanos vs LT" and you will see the scan. So Thanos absorbed them against their will.

may be hotu isin't really that much powerful.

LT is a omni level being. meaning there is only one of him in existence. The HOTU was powerful to absorb him, recreate him and the entire Universe. so it is plenty powerful

god send michal to fight lucifer. does that mean god himself can't defeat lucifer

That is a good thought but the comparison is off. God NEVER fights his own battles. He always sends someone else. LT is not like that. LT will fight his own battle. LT has fought Dr. Strange, Thanos a few times and Protege. It is out of character for LT to ask someone else for help. LT asking for help doesn't prove LT couldn't beat him, but people usually ask for help when they need it.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @Driger:

there is big difference between : ask help and give order.

the God of DC (Presence) never ask help, he just gives orders, he gave order to michal to fight lucifer, because he's his superior. he didn't ask his help. Presence never asked help. and never did Living Tribunal except in very rare occasions (like asking Silver Surfer's help to interfere in an other universe that LT doesn't control, or hoping that Molecule Man will stand by Abstracts side to convince Beyonder to stop)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By pooty

@the_mighty_Beyonder: Michal works for the Presence. so he can give michal orders. and even though Presence is Superior to superman, Presence would have to ask superman for help. If they don't work for you, then you have to ask no matter how powerful you are.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@the_mighty_Beyonder: Michal works for the Presence. so he can give michal orders. and even though Presence is Superior to superman, Presence would have to ask superman for help. If they don't work for you, then you have to ask no matter how powerful you are.

right

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By pooty

@the_mighty_Beyonder: Question. what actual on panel high level feats does the Beyonder have that would put him on LT or TOAA level?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149  Edited By Killemall

@pooty said:

When Thanos was absorbing everyone, thanos says that " LT and Eternity RESISTED the longest due to their stubbornness. Google "Thanos vs LT" and you will see the scan. So Thanos absorbed them against their will.

I can provide the scan :)

No Caption Provided

This is further backed by Thanos's bio (Thanos Source book)

No Caption Provided

This is also again backed by Living Tribunal's own bio (Official Hanbook of Marvel universe 2009), and guess what it says Thanos destroyed LT along with everything else.

No Caption Provided

Here is the full page of the bio, if you are interested :)

Hope this helps.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was retconned. I recall LT telling someone (she hulk?) that every appearance he ever had was an M-body save one or two appearances involving Quasar and Kubik. This was fairly recent, so it throws the events involving THOTU out of limbo.