• 50 results
#1 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Livewire

vs.

Miss Marvel

-------------------------------------

Battle: Metropolis, night. Start 100 yards apart, not in view of one another.

Round 1

-------

- In character

- 3 hours prep

- Basic equipment (essentially none)

- Normal power levels. No Binary or anything like that for Carol.

- Basic knowledge on one other. Carol knows about Livewire's speed and electrical powers, Leslie knows about Miss Marvel's energy bolts, speed, and power.

- Livewire doesn't JOB.

- Winner gets a date with Power Girl.

Round 2

-------

- Morals off

- Oil wrestling

#2 Posted by laflux (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know, neither of them are Bisexual or Lesbians, so they both throw the match.

In all seriousness, I think that Ms Marvel Physicals and able to absorb energy may be key

As for round two, a draw again. I come in and B!tch slap both for using vital natural resources in a pointless match.

This thread is camouflage, isn't it? Its a way to get more males users to follow you by throwing girl on girl fantasies at them, as a man would throw a dog a bone. Ms Marvel dating boobs maggie? Two Buxom ladies slipping around with their bodies entwined?

I hate to give you the thumbs down twice in such a short space, but you leave me no choice

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Yeeeeesh, learn to take a joke. :P Two extra lines for a quick lulz shouldn't taint the entire thread. Anyway, I've been thinking about what rank Livewire has actually settled into, and have been trying to figure it out by pitting her against various characters. She magically lost against Batgirl despite being able to move at energy-speeds and easily avoid anything Steph could do against her, yet has also proven to be a distinct threat against Superman, which, while it is more true to her powerset, seems like it should be more than she's capable of. I figured Carol was a middle-of-the-line measuring stick, though I did forget about the energy absorption thing.

#4 Posted by wildvine (9612 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one:

Ms Marvel with energy absorption powers.

Round two: Who cares? *Sits back to watch.

#5 Edited by laflux (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@laflux: Yeeeeesh, learn to take a joke. :P Two extra lines for a quick lulz shouldn't taint the entire thread. Anyway, I've been thinking about what rank Livewire has actually settled into, and have been trying to figure it out by pitting her against various characters. She magically lost against Batgirl despite being able to move at energy-speeds and easily avoid anything Steph could do against her, yet has also proven to be a distinct threat against Superman, which, while it is more true to her powerset, seems like it should be more than she's capable of. I figured Carol was a middle-of-the-line measuring stick, though I did forget about the energy absorption thing.

Its seems my version of humor is lost on you :P

People don't know funny when they see it huh. Besides I already follow you. Your the only female viner I know of who has advocated the use of hookers in the past, so I guess that counts for something ;)

Plus your story telling is good.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: HAH. Okay, you got me, you had your little laugh. :P

#7 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm

Ms Marvel seems a lot more powerful, so I'm gonna go with her>

I would like to see MM and OPG date (and not just for that reason) I imagine they'd agree on a lot of stuff and genrally like each otgher, but if they ever got into afight, neither would ever back down

as for mud wrestling, it depends on three mane factors

1. are they allowed to fly?

2. can the mud carry an electrical current?

3. what are they wearing(shut up, that's important)

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Your the only female viner I know of who has advocated the use of hookers in the past, so I guess that counts for something ;)

#9 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

1. are they allowed to fly?

2. can the mud carry an electrical current?

3. what are they wearing(shut up, that's important)

1. Nope, they are bound to their little kiddy pool.

2. It's oil, not mud. So... maybe?

3. Leslie has her ion-wear. Carol has to take off her boots, gloves, and sash, but keeps her unitard.

#10 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: oooooooooooooh, bare feet

anyways, I'm going With Livewire, seems like her powers would be bteer for a grappling situation

#11 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @wildvine: @betatesthighlander1: @pyrogram: Also, remember folks, that Livewire can use her powers to become intangible. She isn't just a Static clone, she can actually become living energy and therefore immune to punches/etc.

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

Limewire...Limewire....she seems like she could take this...maybe. Not sure. I think MAYBE Ms.Marvel is a tad too strong, but the second fight.. >_> I want in.

#13 Posted by wildvine (9612 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl

Intangibility only prolongs the fight. Its doesn't help her win.

#14 Edited by MisterWhisper (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

If she became pure energy to be intangible, couldn't Carol just absorb her?

#15 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: Possibly? Not sure how strong Carol's absorption abilities are. Livewire can get really powerful, especially in an urban environment. Can Carol get overloaded?

#16 Posted by MisterWhisper (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: That depends. If she absorbs too much energy she becomes Binary.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: Ah. Then this was a mismatch on my part, my apologies. ^_^ I unwittingly pitted Martian Manhunter against Human Torch.

#18 Posted by MisterWhisper (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

I would not call it a mismatch, but I would call it Warbird/Ms Marvel/Binary or whatever name she is called now, 8/10.

#19 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: Well Leslie is not exactly a genius. Once she throws a few zots and Carol glows briefly before saying "yummy", she is gonna have a hell of a time coming up with a Plan B. I suppose her best bet is environment-destruction, and possibly using fire.

#20 Edited by MisterWhisper (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Carol is not exactly a sponge, she absorbs energy but it still hurts. There is a chance that if Lindsay went all out she might put her down, but Carol has some crazy high durability.

#21 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#23 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

I would not call it a mismatch, but I would call it Warbird/Ms Marvel/Binary or whatever name she is called now, 8/10.

Captain Marvel now :D

#24 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

As far as I know, neither of them are Bisexual or Lesbians, so they both throw the match.

LOL.

#25 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by laflux (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: As it happens it on comixology for $1.99. so £1.40.

Ek what da hell eh........................

#27 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Was very bizarre though. It seemed like the tried to get rid of her intangibility from TAS, though she MUST still have it or Supes would have taken her out by flicking her, which he never did. But then she can get shin-kicked by kids.

Gah, Livewire is such an anomaly I'm almost done trying to figure out how she works. Need to find some more appearances.

#28 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm -- I am going with Carol and mostly because of her powersets when up against Livewire's (as I understand them).

#29 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Marvel wins both Rounds.

Though Miss Marvel going out on a date with Power Girl? LMAO!!!!!!!!! XD

#30 Posted by dondave (37445 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Marvel ftw both rounds

#31 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#32 Posted by XLR87T3 (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: I say Livewire wins, because she is not goofing around and she gave Superman a glorious fight in that comic. Ms. Marvel will do no better, even with energy absorption.

Round 2: Mmmm, I think Livewire might be too fast and small for Mz. Marvel to hold. But Carol is stronger, I think, and if she sees an opening she can put those amazing, muscular legs to great use! GO MISS MARVEL!!!!

#33 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Burmo!

#34 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say MM round one, Despite my love of Livewire, and Jobbing aside, still no.

@wildvine said:

Round two: Who cares? *Sits back to watch.

#35 Posted by XLR87T3 (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#36 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#37 Posted by laflux (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Nearly 3 months on, still funny :3

#38 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@joygirl said:

Honestly? I read it exactly like Joygirl did -- there was no way I would have been able to determine you were joking.

#39 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Bump

First of all, what's Livewire gonna do to Miss Marvel? Miss Marvel obviously wins.

Second of all, I approve of this thread :P

Also, feel free to label this as "Miss Marvel's Butt" in your butt collection...

Also, Carol is only gay for Ms. Drews ;)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#40 Posted by laflux (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: So after everything I've done, you still wouldn't have been able to see through that made up self righteous facade?

WOW *goes to rethink strategies*

#41 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Judging by Jess's extreme nip-on, the feeling may be mutual.

And Livewire could outright damage her, either by using the environment or burning her, since someone said even when she absorbs energy she is still damaged by it.

#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis: So after everything I've done, you still wouldn't have been able to see through that made up self righteous facade?

Sometimes I think about posting this at the end of all my overly sarcastic or sardonic remarks.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by XLR87T3 (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Miss Marvel ain't winning the 2nd round! Livewire is too skinny, fast, and slippery for Carol to utilize her impressive physique to her advantage. And yes, I agree that Miss Marvel is very...bootylicious! :)

#44 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@floopay: Judging by Jess's extreme nip-on, the feeling may be mutual.

And Livewire could outright damage her, either by using the environment or burning her, since someone said even when she absorbs energy she is still damaged by it.

I don't recall her taking much damage when absorbing energy, and I remember her tapping into electrical energy rather easily. Moreso I see Livewire's best tactic being of the retreating nature...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#45 Posted by jackbensley777 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@joygirl said:

Bump

First of all, what's Livewire gonna do to Miss Marvel? Miss Marvel obviously wins.

Second of all, I approve of this thread :P

Also, feel free to label this as "Miss Marvel's Butt" in your butt collection...

Also, Carol is only gay for Ms. Drews ;)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

carol has a nice butt...

#46 Posted by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@joygirl said:

It must be 'cos we are guys, I saw that as a joke lol

#47 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

NOW I would. At the time, I wouldn't have. You still played the straight-laced guy back then.

@floopay said:

Sometimes I think about posting this at the end of all my overly sarcastic or sardonic remarks.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I can think of a few users who need that as well.. **cough@innervenom123cough**

(heh)

@pyrogram said:

It must be 'cos we are guys, I saw that as a joke lol

Darn these pesky boobs and ovaries of mine. They get in the way of understanding low level humour

#48 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol can absorb the energies of a white dwarf star to become Binary at will. I don't think fire, or everything Livewire's got for that matter, will be anywhere close to overloading her.

As for Round 2, wrestling is all about leg strength, and as we can see from Carol's butt she has this in spades.

#49 Edited by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Low level humor? Nah, Simply male superior humor :P

#50 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram:

There it goes again. Don't get the humor -- low level indeed. Estrogen is just too discerning.