Live Action Strt Trny: AllStar VS Spector Rand(VOTES)

• 100 results
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

Rules:

• 18 Points For The Character Store
  • 10 Points For The Perk Store
  • All Characters Can Speak English As Well As There Own Native Language

• All Characters Are Aware Of Basic Modern Weapons: Guns, Explosives, Etc
  • All Team Members Are Aware Of Their Teammates Skills, Powers, & Gear

• Tie In Media/Comics Will Be Allowed For Groups Like Arrow/Flash & MCU, But Will Be Banned For Groups Like Star Wars That Take Characters To Places Above The Limits.
  • Characters That Show Up In Combos Will All Get Along
  • No Boosting Your Characters Stats Outside Of Purchased Perks. Example: Using A Vampire To Turn All Of Your Team Into Superstrong Vampires.
  • Summoning 1 Large Animal(Nothing Bigger Than A Large Elephant) Or A Group Of Small Animals Is Allowed. Examples: Gandalf Can Use 1 Eagle, Dracula Untold Can Use His Bats. Number Of Small Animals Is Capped At 100.
  • Hax Level Cannot Exceed Passive Powers Like Invisibility & Mind Reading
  • Technopathy That Is Not Standard Computer Hacking Is NOT ALLOWED
  • Characters Can Only Teleport Themselves, 1 Other Person, & Gear/Weapons
  • TK Cannot Be Used Directly On Others, But Can Be Used To Toss Things & Block Incoming Objects
  • TK Strength Is Capped At 5 Tons(That Does Not Included Using TK TO Boost Personal Stats)
  • Overall Strength Is Capped At 20 Tons
  • No Single Attack Can Go Above Tank Busting Level
  • Reaction Speed Is Capped At Bullet Slicing
  • DO NOT TRY ANY HAX ****. Don't Do It. If You Aren't Sure, PM Me & Ask Before Trying It.

AllstarSuperman: Most Wanted Shooters

18 Points For The Character Store:

• Wesley(Wanted) 7
  • Selene(Underworld) 6
  • Green Arrow(Smallville) 4
  • Punisher Pack: All 3 Punishers & The Russian 1

10 Points For The Perk Store

• Coms For Communication(Entire Team) 3
  • Basic Knowledge 3
  • 10 Xenomorphs 4

VS

Spector_Rand: Sparkling Marvel

• Garfield Spiderman 8
  • Edward (Twilight) 6
  • Winter Soldier 3
  • Sonny 1
  • 10 Xenomorphs 4
  • Yuri Boyka H2H (For Sonny) 2
  • Entire team telepathically connected 4

Map: Downtown Disney World

No Caption Provided

Map: 5 Miles Length x 1 Mile Width

Team 1: Position 1

Team 2: Position 37

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: You should probably go for first cause he gets basic knowledge. I don't know how much he knows about your team.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: ok sweet, I should do an opener right?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mickey-mouse
MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@lukehero: you love disney world don't you :)

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tag

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@spector_rand: yeah. I have never seen twilight, so I'd prefer if you opened.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Sparkling Marvel

Team

Edward Cullen

No Caption Provided

A century old Vampire from Twilight, Edward is one of the most dangerous characters in this entire tournament. Boasting super strength, speed, durability, sense and healing, as well as teeth that can cut diamonds, Edward is all but immune to any form of physical damage. On top of that, he is also a potent telepath, able to read the minds of people from great distances. This allows him to preempt their moves on close combat and locate them from a distance.

The Amazing Spider Man

No Caption Provided

Peter Parker was a regular teenager, until he was bitten by a genetically engineered spider from Oscorp. This granted him the abilities of a Spider, including super strength, speed, agility and regenerative powers. Peter also developed wrist mounted web shooters that let him travel at high speeds or restrain super strong foes. Similar to Edward, Peters greatest asset is his spider sense, a precognitive ability that warns him of impending danger, whether it be to himself or those around him.

Gear: Two web shooters with replacement cartridges.

The Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

James "Bucky" Barnes was the best friend of superhero Captain America, until he was lost in World War 2 and presumed dead. However,Bucky survived the fall that supposedly killed him and he was eventually found by Hydra scientists. These scientists experiment on him, granting him superhuman strength, durability, stamina, reflexes and agility, as well as training him to be the most deadly assassin in the world. They also replaces his left arm with a bionic substitute, further enhancing his great strength.

Gear: Three pistols, three knives, a machine pistol, a shotgun with a barrel mounted grenade launcher and magnetic mine projectile weapon.

Sonny

No Caption Provided

Sonny is the first truly sentient robot ever created. Designed to dispose of VICKIE, a rogue AI system, Sonny was granted all the perks of an NS-5 unit, with added enhancements. He has even greater strength, speed, agility and intellect than the standard NS-5 models, as well as being free thinking. On top of that, the alloy that make sup Sonny's body is twice as durable as the standard NS-5 model, meaning he can easily take more punishment. As well as this, Sonny has been granted the H2H skills of Yuri Boyka as an added perk.

Perks

• 10 Xenomorphs
  • Team wide telepathic link

@allstarsuperman Thats my team

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@spector_rand: Nice. I'm currently rewatching Wanted. I'll get out my opener tomorrow.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mickey-mouse
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@spector_rand: Here goes.

Most Wanted Shooters

Wesley Gibson.

No Caption Provided

He's the best of my marksmen. And I am confident he can kill anybody on your team. I'll start off with why he can beat Spider-Man. Wesley has a genetic condition that allows him to speed his heartbeat up to 400 beats per minute and control his adrenaline. This allows him enhanced strength, speed, and reflexes. I know Spider-Man can dodge bullets, but he can't dodge bullets from someone who can curve then around corners and from behind cover.

Loading Video...

And he sure as hell can't dodge from someone capable of shooting another bullet right out of the air.

Loading Video...

The guy who fired the bullet was Cross (Wesley's father), the best assassin in the Fraternity. And look just how the sequence happens, Cross fires at Fox, Wesley doesn't even have his gun drawn, so he draws his gun, then shoots the bullet just a few feet from Fox's face. This is some insane reaction and accuracy. Just to end my portion on Wesley, I'll bring morals into this. Wesley shoots to kill, knives to kill, H2H fights to kill, while on the other side of the fight Peter is gonna go everything he can to stop Wesley without killing or harming him. Thats a pretty big disadvantage.

Green Arrow.

No Caption Provided

My second best marksmen and is also able to shoot bullets out of the air. Also he has, by far, the best tech on my team. Given that my team has basic knowledge on your's, Oliver is gonna know to go for Sonnie first. And.......well this is gonna suck for you. Oliver has an EMP arrow thats capable of frying all electrical equipment in a 20 or so foot radius.

Loading Video...

(It's that blue growing circle of electricity)

I know Sonny is fast and agile, but he's not gonna be able to dodge Oliver. As previously stated, Oliver has shot bullets out of the air. And to make his marksmanship even more ridiculous, he was able to shoot a running General Zod. Giving that Zod was probably on par with Clark in speed makes this feat amazing. And to end this.............again morals. Green Arrow doesn't care if he kills a robot, or even if he finds out the robot is alive, he will kill if he needs to. And on the other side of things, I seem to recall Sonnie thinking life was precious.

Selene.

No Caption Provided

Selene is my best close quarters combat fighter. And her physicals put her above the rest of my team. Just for fun, I'll put her up against the Winter Soldier. Selene has been a "Death Dealer" for 600 years. She has more experience alone then the rest of our teams combined. Edwards 100 and Bucky's measly 70 years, are nothing :) A Death Dealer is a vampire that's been trained to hunt Lycans (The Underworld version of werewolves). Selene is the best of the best......of the best. And that's putting it mildly. When she was a regular vamp she was a bullet timer in reaction speed and was so fast in travel speed that trained humans saw her as a blur. She was so fast and skilled she cut Viktor's (an Elder Vampire) head in 2 without him even knowing it. He turned to look at her, lifted his knives, then his head fell off. Impressed? Well get ready for this. She's been considerably amped since then. She's drunk the blood of Alexander Corvinus, the "Father of Us All". Alexander was stated as being more powerful then his 2 sons, Marcus the first vampire, and William the first Lycan.

Physical feats for Selene include: (Speed) Bullet timing, speed blitzing Viktor, and speed blitzing 5 armored SWAT guys that already had guns aimed at her. (Strength) She was able to overpower Markus the first vampire (who was able to push around a moving semi-truck) and she punched a hole in the Lycan King (a genetically enhanced super Lycan). (Durability) Before drinking Alexander's blood she tanked a shotgun to the stomach point blank and was completely unaffected. After drinking his blood, she can shrug off headshots from point blank. (Healing) Before she was immune to sunlight, she got some 2nd to 3rd degree burns and then healed from then in a couple minutes. Her healing is logically better after drinking the blood.

Just to give a scaling of her power level (skill). A trained team of humans struggle to kill single fodder vampires. A single Lycan can kill a team of heavily armed Death Dealers. And Selene (before the blood amp) as able to kill 2 Lycans with only a small knife. This is the only round where, I guess, morals isn't working against your team :P

The Punisher Pack.

No Caption Provided

While my three heavy hitters take out your team, these guns will be protecting them from the Xenos. Since they will basically just be gunning down the Xenos, I'll skip over physicals and get right to the gear. These guys are all heavily armed, and well equipped to deal with their opponent. Dolph has a grenade launcher attachment with infinite ammo, Ray, has his unlimited supply of grenades, and Thomas has got his trusty double barrel shotgun. Basically, they can safely and effectively kill them at range.

To finish things up:

But what about Edward, you say? Well, he's a pretty powerful guy. And my teams not stupid. They're gonna send their Xenos to deal with him. And that means he's screwed. He may be a pretty amazing CQC fighter, and his mindreading would possibly put a hurting on my team. But not now. He's stuck trying to kill Xenos with his bare hands, and that means he's gonna get covered in acid blood and die.

Also just a few rebuttals with your post:

Edward is all but immune to any form of physical damage.

Doubt it.

Bucky's Gear: Three pistols, three knives, a machine pistol, a shotgun with a barrel mounted grenade launcher and magnetic mine projectile weapon.

I don't think thats all standard gear TBH. Just cause he used it doesn't make it standard. If that was how it was, I'd just give Wesley his fantasy sniper rifle and have him headshot your entire team from the 5 miles away.

What you need to prove:

• Spider-Man and Sonnie's ability to dodge expert marksmen.
  • Winter Soldier's ability to not get absolutely stomped by Selene :P
  • And Edwards ability to kill Xeno's without killing himself in the process.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I know this is your battle, but for the soul purpose of people not thinking I'm allowing you to use Comic Wesley, can you edit that picture in favor of something from the movie or cannon game?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Okay, can you edit the title so the S' in my name are capitalized? It's kinda bugging me.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Nice opener.

Since I haven't done this before, I have to ask, do I now start posting my tactics/feats etc?

@lukehero

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: I would start out small then build up. I think everyone on the Vine is pretty familiar with Spiderman and Winter Solider so you shouldn't have to post much if anything at all on that front. Mainly I would try to prove the questions your opponent laid out and try to come up with challenges and counters of your own. Basically use the clips, gifs, and feat siting to build your case.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Okay, can you edit the title so the S' in my name are capitalized? It's kinda bugging me.

Done. :D

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spector_Rand

With regards to Winter Soldier, what you said seems to be a fair enough call, though I would ask that he have one of his heavy ordnance guns. If you're happy with that, I would say his equipment would be:

• Two Sidearms
  • Three knives
  • Grenade
  • Mini Uzi
  • Bionic arm
  • One heavier ordnance gun

Aight, here we go then.

Tactics

First things first, I want to know how your team will find mine and get in a position to ambush them for your tactics to work. My team will immediately know the location of your team, where they move and their tactics due to Edwards telepathy and their telepathic link. Now, considering my team knows the location of your team and who they're going for, they will know who to counter for the best chance of survival. My team begin moving toward yours, with Edward blitzing ahead and snapping Wesley's neck. He then blitzes Green Arrow, snapping his neck as well. By this team, the rest of my team has caught up. My Xenomorphs attack your Xenomorphs, which essentially nullifies them, while Spider Man and Winter Soldier tag team Selene. Sonny attacks the Punisher trio, using his agility and H2H skills to distract them from the rest of the fight. After Edward is finished with Green Arrow, he moves to assist Winter Soldier and Spider Man in their taking down of Selene. Then they mop up the Punishers.

Why this works

Edward's speed is easily superhuman, meaning your team will struggle to react in time. All of Wesley's bullet timing feats happened after combat had already been initiated. Considering this is a blitz, he won't be initiating his bullet timing state until its to late. Even IF he does react, there is nothing in his arsenal that can damage Edward and he isn't fast enough to damage him or react to him in close quarters combat.

Edward making another vampire look like she's moving in slow motion
Edward making another vampire look like she's moving in slow motion
Edward and Felix moving so fast they appear to be teleporting
Edward and Felix moving so fast they appear to be teleporting
Same as above
Same as above

Notice in the first image, Edward moves so fast that another vampire appears to be moving in slow motion. He can easily eliminate Wesley and Green Arrow before your team are aware of whats going.

As I said, by this time the rest of my team are in the middle of the fight. I don't think I have to make any points for my Xenomorph's=your Xenomorphs, so i'll skip that. We now have Winter Soldier and Spider Man fighting against Selene. This is a fight Selene isn't going to win. Both Winter Soldier and Spider Man will benefit from Edwards telepathy, as he can read multiple minds at once. They also have access to Spider Man's Spider Sense, so they'll both be aware of whatever moves Selene aims to use and when she is going to use them. Given Spider Mans superior physicals and agility, I think both he and Winter Soldier can put Selene down. If not, Edward joins the fray once he kills Green Arrow. There is no way Selene is beating Winter Soldier, Spider Man and Edward. Edward has a plethora of strength and speed feats that would give him the advantage if this fight was one on one, let alone three on one.

Edward overpowering another vampire and crushing the floor
Edward overpowering another vampire and crushing the floor
Edward pushing a tree over
Edward pushing a tree over
Edward launching another vampire into the sky
Edward launching another vampire into the sky
Edward smashing through stone and overpowering another vampire
Edward completely arresting the momentum of a van casually with one hand

During this, Sonny will be fighting against your Punisher team. My goal for Sonny is not to defeat the Punishers, but to keep them distracted long enough for the rest of my team to defeat Selene and Green Arrow. Sonny manages to aim dodge bullets coming from multiple directions in the movie, as well as being many times stronger than a regular human. He will be able to tie up the Punisher team long enough for the rest of my team to come in and clean up house.

Cracking concrete
Cracking concrete
Rag dolling a human
Rag dolling a human
Moving to fast for police to hit
Moving to fast for police to hit
Aim dodging a skilled marksman in Spooner
Aim dodging a skilled marksman in Spooner

So I think Sonny is perfectly capable of distracting them long enough for Selene to be defeated.

What you need to prove

• For your initial tactic to work, you need to locate my team, track their movements and ambush them without Edward being aware of it
  • Wesley can survive a physical confrontation with Edward
  • Green Arrow can survive a physical confrontation with Edward
  • Selene can defeat Winter Soldier and Spider Man at the same time, taking into account the telepathic link shared by team
  • The Punisher team can't survive and defeat the rest of my team

@allstarsuperman

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Hurm.......interesting. I'll do my counter tomorrow.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@spector_rand: I think you got confused with the last part, maybe you meant to put that they "CAN´T" survive a physical confrontation, other than that, good job man :)

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spector_Rand

@thor_parker82: haha yeah i'll edit. thanks for the pick up. Thanks haha I didn't know how well i'd go, good to know I did ok.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Sweet, looking forward to it. Better or worse than you expected haha?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: For the sake of not slowing down the page, I would suggest you use spoiler blocks for your gifs since you used a good bit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@spector_rand: Bucky can have a heavy gun, I just don't think the magnetic mines were standard.

Rebuttals:

First things first, I want to know how your team will find mine and get in a position to ambush them for your tactics to work.

Green Arrow's glasses, they have zoom and target finders.

My team will immediately know the location of your team, where they move and their tactics due to Edwards telepathy and their telepathic link. Now, considering my team knows the location of your team and who they're going for, they will know who to counter for the best chance of survival.

I don't think they will just know where my team is located immediately. You haven't shown the range of Edwards TP, I highly doubt he can sense people 5 miles away. And I am sure a bullet or an arrow fired from my guys can go further then Edwards TP. Also just cause you can supposedly read my teams minds, doesn't mean you automatically know them or their capabilities or gear. If my team isn't openly thinking about their skills, then you don't know them.

My team begin moving toward yours, with Edward blitzing ahead and snapping Wesley's neck. He then blitzes Green Arrow, snapping his neck as well.

And here's where you went wrong. You haven't shown that Edward is that fast. Him out running a fodder vampire isn't that impressive if you can't calculate either of their speeds. So Edward can't dodge from either of these guys. And he sure has hell isn't blitzing either. Reacting to bullets >>> running much slower then a bullet. On top of Edward not being that fast, he (and the rest of your team) doesnt have basic knowledge on my team. He doesn't even know to attack Wesley and Green Arrow first. Why wouldn't he go for any of my other shooters?

By this team, the rest of my team has caught up. My Xenomorphs attack your Xenomorphs, which essentially nullifies them, while Spider Man and Winter Soldier tag team Selene. Sonny attacks the Punisher trio, using his agility and H2H skills to distract them from the rest of the fight. After Edward is finished with Green Arrow, he moves to assist Winter Soldier and Spider Man in their taking down of Selene. Then they mop up the Punishers.

Obviously you have your team set up to be my teams kryptonite (kinda but there's several problems.) Again, you don't have basic knowledge. Neither Peter or Bucky know who Selene is, and they don't know she's more powerful then the rest, why wouldn't they go waste time fighting the Punishers? Again Sonny doesn't know to attack the Punishers, why wouldn't he pick a fight with someone out of his class? And lastly Edward. He can't beat either Wesley or Oliver, so its kinda ridiculous you think he can take out both at the same time. Yet again, he doesn't know to got for them first. Your team just doesn't know the capabilities of mine, while my team can already have a plan formulated within the time it takes to walk the 5 miles or less.

Edward's speed is easily superhuman, meaning your team will struggle to react in time.

Which really means nothing considering, Wesley, Ollie, and Selene have all fought and killed faster opponents.

All of Wesley's bullet timing feats happened after combat had already been initiated. Considering this is a blitz, he won't be initiating his bullet timing state until its to late. Even IF he does react, there is nothing in his arsenal that can damage Edward and he isn't fast enough to damage him or react to him in close quarters combat

Wesley can spot a charging Edward, then initiate "bullet time mode". Even if can't spot him (He can, this is just theoretical) Green Arrow (Or any other team member) can warn him, Ollie has target finders in his glasses, and my team has coms to talk to each other with. You haven't proven Edward's durability. If his skin bullet proof? Does he have a healing factor? These are things that I need to see. Welsey out paced and killed the Butcher in CQC. The Butcher was deflecting bullets of knives point blank. Edward isn't that fast in comparison. As of right now Edward still gets shot down at range from either of my top 2 marksmen.

Notice in the first image, Edward moves so fast that another vampire appears to be moving in slow motion. He can easily eliminate Wesley and Green Arrow before your team are aware of whats going.

And just how fast are either of them exactly? Faster then bullets? Nope. Then Edward can't blitz either. And he doesn't know he is supposed to take them out first.

Both Winter Soldier and Spider Man will benefit from Edwards telepathy, as he can read multiple minds at once. They also have access to Spider Man's Spider Sense, so they'll both be aware of whatever moves Selene aims to use and when she is going to use them.

Okay, I am gonna dissect this a bit, cause it's kinda silly. Edward is the only one on your team that is used to reading minds. Spider-Man, Bucky, and the rest of your team would be annoyed at hearing other voices in their head. You don't have perfect teamwork to go along with your team linked TP, so its actually harming more then helping. A sparkly Vampire, a jokey Superhero, a brainwashed Assassin, and a living Robot aren't gonna see eye to eye with each other. If you want proof of my point, here is a conversation that took place in the tourney PM:

HigorM: Also, a question, team tp linked would grant sort of a teamwork?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lukehero: TP mind link means your team is connected telepathically; they can see, feel, know, hear, taste, etc what their teammates do.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sovereign91001: TP link with conflicting dynamics seems like it would only exacerbate the problem.

Lukehero: Well if you had good team chemistry, TP mind link could help a lot. But if you had a few members that would be kind of annoyed with each other already, then TP mind link would make it even worse.

This basically cripples your team. And it's the reason I decided to go with coms instead of team TP.

Now on to that point about Spider-Sense. That would also be a distraction for anybody that isn't Spider-Man. Peter is the only one that knows who to use spider sense effectively. The rest would be annoyed by it going off and them having nothing to do because of it. So basically, a single member of your team has 3 teammates voices and 7 enemies voices and a pointless spider-sense all majorly distracting them from the fight. This is an incredible handicap for your team to overcome.

Thoughts on Edward.

Edward and Felix moving so fast they appear to be teleporting.

You're gonna have to post a video of this fight. This doesn't look to fast from a gif. As a counter, Selene speedblitzed Viktor's head off. And she was constantly appearing out of nowhere to that trained cop in UnderWorld Awakening.

Edward overpowering another vampire and crushing the floor.

How strong is this vamp? Is it a named character or is it fodder? These are things I need to know.

Smashing through stone is impressive. But again....this this most powerful vamp? or is it fodder? And how strong has he?

While that's impressive, I think shoving around a semi-truck is more impressive. And Selene overpowered the guy who shoved around that semi.

Edward has a plethora of strength and speed feats that would give him the advantage if this fight was one on one, let alone three on one.

Well, you need to post that plethora of feats, cause I am not to impressed as of right now. I need to see Speed, both reaction and travel. I need to see durability to bullets, explosives, and blunt force attacks. And I really need to see more of his TP and of him using it effectively.

Revised Plan:

Green Arrow finds your team with his glasses. Then informs the rest of my team with their positions. Since they already have basic knowledge, they can discuss who fights who. And since they all know about Edwards TP, they decide to start the fight at range, where my team is way more capable then your's. Keep in mind that your team is already hurting cause of the team TP, and keep in mind that your team has morals and mine doesn't. Wesley goes after Spider-Man. Spider-Man is easy pickings when he is distracted. Oliver knows about Sonny, so he takes him out with an EMP. Oliver could also take out Bucky's arm with the EMP, and take him down rather easily with all taser arrows (or just shoot him in the skull). Even though Oliver can land precise shots on either, he doesn't need to, I already showed his EMP has a range of 20+ feet. Remember both Sonny and Bucky are pretty messed up from the team TP and Sonny has morals. The Punishers will be gunning down your Xeno's at this time. Selene and my team of Xenos will be the ones to face (The severely annoyed) Edward head on. After Wesley and Oliver finish off their targets they turn their focus on gunning down Edward. I am confident that Selene can fight on par with (and maybe even beat) Edward alone in a random encounter, so with a team of Xenos, 2 expert marksmen backing her, him weakened from the TP link, and his morals (I don't think he kills) getting in the way, she would stomp him.

What you need to prove:

• More of Edward's physical and skill.
  • The exact range of Edwards TP and it's effectiveness.
  • That your team can get along and not be severely screwed over by the team TP.
  • That you teams morals won't get them killed easily.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Spector_Rand

@allstarsuperman edited

Wow haha nice rebuttal, heres my reply, my responses are underlined.

Rebuttals:

Green Arrow's glasses, they have zoom and target finders.

So Green Arrows glasses can see through terrain and buildings over a distance of five miles?

I don't think they will just know where my team is located immediately. You haven't shown the range of Edwards TP, I highly doubt he can sense people 5 miles away. And I am sure a bullet or an arrow fired from my guys can go further then Edwards TP. Also just cause you can supposedly read my teams minds, doesn't mean you automatically know them or their capabilities or gear. If my team isn't openly thinking about their skills, then you don't know them.

Edward doesn't even need his TP to locate over a distance of five miles (though it can cover that distance) as all vampires in Twilight have senses that allow them to detect prey from miles away. With regards to Edward's TP, he states he can't really hear Bella's friends thoughts once they cross the border into another city, specifically from Forks to Seattle, which is 56 miles. As well as that, you're team has to think about tactics and how they will take my team down, which Edward will hear.

And here's where you went wrong. You haven't shown that Edward is that fast. Him out running a fodder vampire isn't that impressive if you can't calculate either of their speeds. So Edward can't dodge from either of these guys. And he sure has hell isn't blitzing either. Reacting to bullets >>> running much slower then a bullet. On top of Edward not being that fast, he (and the rest of your team) doesnt have basic knowledge on my team. He doesn't even know to attack Wesley and Green Arrow first. Why wouldn't he go for any of my other shooters?

Wesley and Green Arrow won't be expecting him to attack, neither of them have ever shown the ability to react to a bullet thats been fired at them from a position of surprise. Wesley only ever triggers his bullet timing state after combat has already been initiated, not as a reflexive defensive measure, while green arrow aimed at and shot a bullet he witnessed about to be fired. Neither one has shown they can react to anything close to Edwards speed without first being aware of it coming at them. Considering all your team will be thinking about your targets and how they will take them out, I don't think its a stretch at all to think that Edward will hear (mind read) their tactics, which by default will include their capabilities.

Loading Video...

Hear Edward keeps pace with Bella, a newborn who three times stronger/faster than a standard vampire.

Loading Video...

Again, making another standard speed vampire look slow.

Loading Video...

Moving so fast it appears he is teleporting. Note his ability to heal instantly in this video, as well as the fact that he is fighting a vampire that is four times as strong as normal and fights purely on instinct, leaving Edward no thoughts to read.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Some examples of standard vampire speed.

Obviously you have your team set up to be my teams kryptonite (kinda but there's several problems.) Again, you don't have basic knowledge. Neither Peter or Bucky know who Selene is, and they don't know she's more powerful then the rest, why wouldn't they go waste time fighting the Punishers? Again Sonny doesn't know to attack the Punishers, why wouldn't he pick a fight with someone out of his class? And lastly Edward. He can't beat either Wesley or Oliver, so its kinda ridiculous you think he can take out both at the same time. Yet again, he doesn't know to got for them first. Your team just doesn't know the capabilities of mine, while my team can already have a plan formulated within the time it takes to walk the 5 miles or less.

This harkens back to Edward reading your teams thoughts. Considering your team HAS to think about tactics to target people, they will by default be thinking about how to take them down. My teams telepathic link will then allow them to automatically share this knowledge. Yes, they won't be used to this form of communication but that doesn't mean they are going to ignore vital information. From what I understand, the telepathic link isn't always on but can be activated, similar to comms (correct me if i'm wrong though), meaning if they don't want to share anything it won't be heard. With regards to you saying Edward can't beat Wesley or Green Arrow, that is ludicrous. Neither of them can fight at Edwards speed in H2H and they cannot damage him physically. The only way to kill a Twilight vampire is to dismember them and light the pieces on fire, other wise they can heal. Human weapons cannot harm them.

"In the Twilight universe, vampires are not known to be killed by human effort, are unharmed by sunlight, garlic, holy water, silver, any kind of stake, cross, and can enter homes without permission. Also, any kind of human weapon, including bullets, bounces off of them without any pain or harm done. The only known way to kill a vampire is to dismember his or her body and burn the remains before it can reconstruct itself. Thus their weakness is the strength of their kind or something as strong, which cannot be copied by humans, and fire that consumes them."

That is a quote taken from the director of the film.

Which really means nothing considering, Wesley, Ollie, and Selene have all fought and killed faster opponents.

Show me videos of these please. I have seen all this movies and I have never seen any character move faster than this in H2H combat.

Wesley can spot a charging Edward, then initiate "bullet time mode". Even if can't spot him (He can, this is just theoretical) Green Arrow (Or any other team member) can warn him, Ollie has target finders in his glasses, and my team has coms to talk to each other with. You haven't proven Edward's durability. If his skin bullet proof? Does he have a healing factor? These are things that I need to see. Welsey out paced and killed the Butcher in CQC. The Butcher was deflecting bullets of knives point blank. Edward isn't that fast in comparison. As of right now Edward still gets shot down at range from either of my top 2 marksmen.

That's assuming Wesley can see him, he doesn't have 360 degree vision. Even IF he does see him, he cannot avoid him or harm him with anything in his arsenal. As I said earlier, Twilight vamps are bullet proof and they do have healing factors. Edward can take out both Wesley and Green Arrow very fast, neither one being able to outpace him, wound him or block his trikes.

Okay, I am gonna dissect this a bit, cause it's kinda silly. Edward is the only one on your team that is used to reading minds. Spider-Man, Bucky, and the rest of your team would be annoyed at hearing other voices in their head. You don't have perfect teamwork to go along with your team linked TP, so its actually harming more then helping. A sparkly Vampire, a jokey Superhero, a brainwashed Assassin, and a living Robot aren't gonna see eye to eye with each other. If you want proof of my point, here is a conversation that took place in the tourney PM:

This basically cripples your team. And it's the reason I decided to go with coms instead of team TP.

Just because they aren't used to hearing other voices or it annoys them hardly means they're going to ignore information pertaining to their survival in a fight. My team aren't children, they aren't going to let themselves be killed or ignore their team mates because they have differing opinions.

Now on to that point about Spider-Sense. That would also be a distraction for anybody that isn't Spider-Man. Peter is the only one that knows who to use spider sense effectively. The rest would be annoyed by it going off and them having nothing to do because of it. So basically, a single member of your team has 3 teammates voices and 7 enemies voices and a pointless spider-sense all majorly distracting them from the fight. This is an incredible handicap for your team to overcome.

I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to say, or I haven't made my point clearly. Spider Man and Edward won't be directly projecting what they hear/sense, they will be relaying that information in real time. While that will make the large majority of Spidey's warnings redundant, it may benefit them at least once.

Thoughts on Edward.

You're gonna have to post a video of this fight. This doesn't look to fast from a gif. As a counter, Selene speedblitzed Viktor's head off. And she was constantly appearing out of nowhere to that trained cop in UnderWorld Awakening.

I posted the fight above. Selene speed blitzing Viktor isn't on Edwards level.

How strong is this vamp? Is it a named character or is it fodder? These are things I need to know.

Yes that was Felix, a vampire four times stronger than standard and who fights purely on instinct, so Edward cannot read his mind. He is the elite killer for the vampire royal family.

Smashing through stone is impressive. But again....this this most powerful vamp? or is it fodder? And how strong has he?

That was just a standard strength vampire, which is what Edward is.

While that's impressive, I think shoving around a semi-truck is more impressive. And Selene overpowered the guy who shoved around that semi.

Marcus had momentum when he was slamming into the semi and was putting his whole weight behind it, and he redirected the momentum of it, instead of arresting it.

I need to see Speed, both reaction and travel. I need to see durability to bullets, explosives, and blunt force attacks. And I really need to see more of his TP and of him using it effectively.

I posted above feats above. The TP and bullet proof stuff is hard to find specific details for without resorting to the book, as a lot of it goes unstated. I can show you videos of him reading peoples minds, but clear numbers are harder to come by. It has been stated in the films the only way to kill a vamp is to dismember and burn them, with falls from great heights, drowning and shooting ones self in the head all being completely non effective.

Those are most of the fight scenes, I tried to get in them in one big video.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

What I needed to prove:

• More of Edward's physical and skill.

I think I proved this.

• The exact range of Edwards TP and it's effectiveness.

As I said, this is hard to find exact numbers for, though the fact he states his TP becomes hazy once Bella's friends leave Forks to Port Angeles means he can easily locate your team.

• That your team can get along and not be severely screwed over by the team TP.

My team don't have to get along, they just have to not ignore vital information.

• That you teams morals won't get them killed easily.

Edward and Winter Soldier are both willing to kill, while Spider Man is perfectly capable of restraining Selene with his webbing. Sonny just has to distract the Punishers, morals is a non factor.

Tactics

I maintain my original tactics, with you still needing to prove that:

• Wesley and Green Arrow can react to, match and survive Edward in H2H, as well as being able to damage him
  • Selene can defeat both Winter Soldier and Spider Man
  • The Punishers can take out the entirety of my team once the rest of yours have been k'oed.
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mickey-mouse

@spector_rand: A few suggestions.

If you were trying to use spoiler blocks to help hide the videos, that doesn't work. Videos cannot be posted under spoiler blocks. Also if you are going to quote someone you should use the quote feature which helps readers tell the difference between what they wrote and what you are writing.

Example:

Chocolate Cookies are the best.

I disagree, clearly peanut-butter is the best.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: ah ok sweet, so I can only spoiler block text?

i'll edit my post now

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: haha sweet, i'll have a decently structured post by the end of this mark my words

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Ok sweet, its 12.30 am where I am atm and I have work tomorrow night, so expect my reply within two days. Looking forward to it haha.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: We still got 11 days to do this. So I'm gonna take my time on the next post.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, for some reason I never got this notification.

On Topic, I never saw the tourney looking for users to participate :/

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Oh. Sorry, I'll make sure yo invite you to the next. I tend to recruit people before hand so I already know who is interested and stuff and what kind of characters they want in the tourney.