#1 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

---------

This canadian lynx has been given a special formula to hulk it out -- it started off as a normal lynx in its prime, but has been enhanced and now weighs in at exactly the same weight as this here male lion.

Battle takes place in North Dakota, no prep, no equipment.

Muscle for muscle, is a lynx (battlecats that take down caribou alone) as badass as a lion (battlecats who can slaughter entire hyena packs solo)?

#2 Posted by Marksman (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with the hyena, just cause.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Butbutbut... hyena isn't an option....

#4 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: So it's a lion vs a lynx on steroids?

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406: Yup, whatever, chemically or magically enhanced to weigh in at exactly the same as the lion.

#6 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with the Giant Lynx. Lions are basically the lazy douche-bags of the cat family. mostly being badass because of their size, and still usually hunt in packs. Lynx's over-come their (comparatively) small size and are still badass inspite of it. Like a school-yard bully, Lion will piss itself if it comes a across a Lynx it's own size.

Of course Giant Honey Badger will slaughter all.

#7 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

I'm gonna go with the Giant Lynx. Lions are basically the lazy douche-bags of the cat family. mostly being badass because of their size, and still usually hunt in packs. Lynx's over-come their (comparatively) small size and are still badass inspite of it. Like a school-yard bully, Lion will piss itself if it comes a across a Lynx it's own size.

Of course Giant Honey Badger will slaughter all.

I agree. The lynx is a better fighter. Either way the ASPCA would not approve of this thread.

#8 Posted by Kingshark (172 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing that no one here is aware of one basic biology rule?

When you upscale an animal; the pound for pound strength, speed and other qualities of this animal decrease. Strength increases by surface area, not volume. Hence why many large animals are all marine, such as whales, because they cannot support their own weight on land. Not because they are aquatic, but because they are too heavy. This is also why many insects can lift countless times their own body weight.

I'm not trying to be a science freak or anything; just pointing out some common knowledge.

Hence the Lion wins rather easily. It would be much stronger than the Lynx at parity.

#9 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marksman said:

I'd go with the hyena, just for laughs.

#10 Posted by GhostRider2 (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: The lion would stomp this.....

#11 Posted by Marksman (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Butbutbut... hyena isn't an option....

The hyena pack the lion slaughtered on the way. He left one alive, who swore vengeance for his fallen kin.