• 183 results
#1 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman has his speed reduced to peak human while on land, and has the speed of 70 mph when flying. Everything else physical is the same. Link has infinite magic.
  • Link has all gear and magic, excluding Giant's mask.
  • No prep, morals off, win by ko or death.
  • Battle takes place on an undestroyable planet, with a distance of ten feet out of Link's bow and arrow range.
  • DEBATE!!!
#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Link was never that good at dodging in my experience. One hit and he's dead.

#3 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Link lacks the firepower to take Supes down...

Link dies from one blow to the anywhere from the Man of Steel. Seriously, one full strength hit from Supes to his arm would probably shatter it, or rip it off

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#5 Posted by termiteone4ever (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes for sure

#6 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

How many hearts does Link have? This is crucial.

#7 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

None because of with morals off...Supes will use...

#8 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: That's nothing Link's reflective shield couldn't handle. I think the real issue is that none of you are any good at Zelda games.

#9 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Link could pull out some wins.

#10 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

@OmegaDynasty: That's nothing Link's reflective shield couldn't handle. I think the real issue is that none of you are any good at Zelda games.

Not sure about that. 

#11 Edited by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Nayru's Love was an impenetrable shield was it not? With infinite magic, Link could just keep those shields up all day... but I cant seem to think of a way for him to really hurt Superman. Maybe deflect Superman's heat vision back at him with the Mirror Shield.

#12 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Link wins. Superman can't speedblitz him in this scenario, and Link has infinite magic.
Link uses Nayru's Love to block Superman's heat vision, and then shoots him with a Light Arrow.
Or, alternatively, he just uses the Fierce Deity's Mask.

#13 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11660 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

This.
#14 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11660 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBatman586 said:

Link wins. Superman can't speedblitz him in this scenario, and Link has infinite magic. Link uses Nayru's Love to block Superman's heat vision, and then shoots him with a Light Arrow. Or, alternatively, he just uses the Fierce Deity's Mask.

Also this.
#15 Posted by Kinasin_ (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Superman.

This.

#16 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

If I am playing Link, then he is awesome at dodging=P

#17 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wyldsong

@Supreme Marvel said:

If I am playing Link, then he is awesome at dodging=P

LOL
#18 Posted by Nefarious (20419 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins this fight.

#19 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Link has this hands down. I mean realistically there isn't much Superman can do when Link has all his equipment. Well, BFR him into space or the Phantom Zone, is BFR off??

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by Harddrivexxii (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

None because of with morals off...Supes will use...

Burn Linky burn pmsl

#21 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

So let me get this strait you gave link all his gear but not the giant mask....Well then Link equips the fierce deity mask and then uses the four sword to make four of him.Four fierce deity Links massacre Superman

#22 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

morals off superman would just destroy link before he knows what's going on.

#23 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: That's fair enough but surely morals off supe would blast him with heat vision before Link reacts ?

#24 Posted by Lvenger (20016 posts) - - Show Bio

Even 70mph is too fast for Link. Plus Superman still has heat vision and freeze breath which in this scenario he will have no qualms in using them to deadly effect. Superman for the win here.

#25 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainRodgers: Link also has the Mirror Shield which would just send it back at him,In reality though all he needs is the Fierce Deity Mask the rest of the stuff is overkill.I can give a list of everything that would be prudent to use in this fight if you like 
@Lvenger: 70 MPH isnt even enough for a plane to stay airborn.A car can reach that speed easily and anyone can react to a freaking car
#26 Posted by Lvenger (20016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: Be that as it may, the OP doesn't limit any of Superman's other powers such as heat vision and freeze breath. Plus morals are off so Superman won't hesitate to use deadly force to beat Link. He hasn't shown any feats that prove he can stand up to heat vision or freeze breath.

#27 Posted by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: The mirror shield has been shown the ability to absorb and redirect attacks such as those. Also, with Nayru's Love, Link is impervious to all harm that Superman could potentially cause to him.

#28 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: To start off.Superman wont have a speed advantage here.In fact Link would due to the bunny hat.So Link is going to have the first attack and since he isnt limited in magic he can easily deliver a crazy magic attack to take Supes down quickly.
Though im going for overkill here.Fierce Deity beat Majora,twice.Majora is a powerhouse whose feats include dropping the moon on the planet,Changing people into other species,deaging them etc.He also has his own demonic realm(Similar to Shuma Goroth and Mephisto) where Deity Link fought and Defeated him easily.Any other gear Lin has is unesessary since he can use the Deity Mask
#29 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...Could Sups pound the ground around link and cause him to get crushed by boulders?

#30 Posted by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt bring up the Fierce Deity Mask, because how can you actually tell how powerful it is?

#31 Posted by Lvenger (20016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Butcher_Pete: I doubt the shield has enough feats to show it could repel a full power star level blast of heat vision or the icy winds Superman's freeze breath is capable of.

@Sherlock: How fast would Link be with the Bunny hat? Fast enough to dodge heat vision which in this scenario Superman would be using to maim or kill Link as opposed to what he normally does with heat vision.

#32 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: No, it's a level battle field.

#33 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: My point was that the laser would kill before he can defend himself .

Is the sheild permanent ? in that case , can anyone beat him ?

#34 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite

#35 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Butcher_Pete said:

I didnt bring up the Fierce Deity Mask, because how can you actually tell how powerful it is?

Well Link with the Mask beat Majora inside his own realm.So we can say that Fierce Deity is considerably more powerful than Majora,and Majora is a reality warper and nearly dropped the moon on the earth.So thats a decent gouge.
@Lvenger said:

@Butcher_Pete: I doubt the shield has enough feats to show it could repel a full power star level blast of heat vision or the icy winds Superman's freeze breath is capable of.

@Sherlock: How fast would Link be with the Bunny hat? Fast enough to dodge heat vision which in this scenario Superman would be using to maim or kill Link as opposed to what he normally does with heat vision.

First off the Mirror Shield is supposed to be able to abosorb or reflect any energy based attack.The Hylian Shield from Skyward Sword is supposed to be indestructable.

Video.About 3 or 4 times as fast as he usually is 
@CaptainRodgers said:

@Sherlock: My point was that the laser would kill before he can defend himself .

Is the sheild permanent ? in that case , can anyone beat him ?

Im talking about his actual shield.The Mirror Shield is only really useful for energy attacks.The Hylian shield is supposed to be indestructable.If your talking about Naryus Love then yes in this case it would go on forever since he has unlimited magic
Usually id agree with you but Superman doesnt have his superspeed here so he note going to be raining down hell from everywhere at once.I would say it shouldnt be anymore difficult to react to Cyclops optic blasts,which people do rugularly.Also using the Four Sword Link can make four copies of himself.Then he can just hit Superman with Skyward strikes from every which way.Since his speed is gone i dont think hell be able to react to all of them
#36 Posted by Lvenger (20016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: Link still doesn't look fast enough to hit Superman but all the other facts you've provided here e.g Link with Mask beating Majora, a reality warper and the Hylian shield being indestructable as well as being able to use Skyward strikes to hit Supes have convinced me that Link does stand a chance of beating Superman. I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before and I assume that you have so I'll take your word for the facts you're providing. Plus Link does have magic, one of Superman's weaknesses.

#37 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: It's not like reacting to cyclops , I understand that his speed isn't a factor here , it's his reaction speed (that's what wins the fight) which would be many times faster than Link's . So he can react and fire optic blasts before Link can raise his sheild do block it . Before I thought you meant it was a magic sheild so reactions wouldn't come into play , but if it's a literal sheild I assume he'd have to raise it to defend himself.

People block Cyclops' beams when in combat but if he had Superman level reactions and was within range of his target at the beginning of the fight , the majority of those who have blocked his beams wouldn't.

#38 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off, lol Supes fries poor lil Link down into sausage links

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's heat vision is too much for Link to overcome and if he get's in close, he's taking his head off.

#40 Posted by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: Considering you can do the same without the mask, I dont see how it is.

#41 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@Sherlock: Link still doesn't look fast enough to hit Superman but all the other facts you've provided here e.g Link with Mask beating Majora, a reality warper and the Hylian shield being indestructable as well as being able to use Skyward strikes to hit Supes have convinced me that Link does stand a chance of beating Superman. I've never played a Legend of Zelda game before and I assume that you have so I'll take your word for the facts you're providing. Plus Link does have magic, one of Superman's weaknesses.

Superman in this fight only has peak human speed stats while on the ground,and can only fly 70 mph.70 MPH is literally nothing anyone can hit a target going that fast not to mention that that is just travel speed.
Iv played all but 3 Zelda games so im pretty knowledgeable on the subject.
@CaptainRodgers said:

@Sherlock: It's not like reacting to cyclops , I understand that his speed isn't a factor here , it's his reaction speed (that's what wins the fight) which would be many times faster than Link's . So he can react and fire optic blasts before Link can raise his sheild do block it . Before I thought you meant it was a magic sheild so reactions wouldn't come into play , but if it's a literal sheild I assume he'd have to raise it to defend himself.

People block Cyclops' beams when in combat but if he had Superman level reactions and was within range of his target at the beginning of the fight , the majority of those who have blocked his beams wouldn't.

His reaction speed would go down with his actual speed.If Superman was thinking at lightspeed and his body was moving at peak human speed his mind would explode.The fight would take years in supermans mind to end.Try throwing 20 slow motion punches and see how long it takes for you to lose interest.Supes in this case would be throwing a punch and it would be barely moving if he was reacting at those speeds.Thats enough to drive anyone insane.
Raising a shield take literally less than a second so i dont see this being much of an issue.
He does in fact have a magic shield that makes him invulnerable.The only problem is that it saps his magic like crazy.In this case he has unlimited magic so he can keep it up for as long as he wants.
Superman isnt going to have superman level reactions in this fight for reasons iv stated.
@Butcher_Pete
In the Majors Mask Manga it is in fact the Deity Mask he uses to beat Majora.You cant use most gameplay like that as canon.Its like is all the goofing around i do in Zelda games canon?
#42 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11660 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@Lvenger: To start off.Superman wont have a speed advantage here.In fact Link would due to the bunny hat.So Link is going to have the first attack and since he isnt limited in magic he can easily deliver a crazy magic attack to take Supes down quickly. Though im going for overkill here.Fierce Deity beat Majora,twice.Majora is a powerhouse whose feats include dropping the moon on the planet,Changing people into other species,deaging them etc.He also has his own demonic realm(Similar to Shuma Goroth and Mephisto) where Deity Link fought and Defeated him easily.Any other gear Lin has is unesessary since he can use the Deity Mask

Lol. I loved the bunny hat.

#43 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

His reaction speed would go down with his actual speed.If Superman was thinking at lightspeed and his body was moving at peak human speed his mind would explode.The fight would take years in supermans mind to end.Try throwing 20 slow motion punches and see how long it takes for you to lose interest.Supes in this case would be throwing a punch and it would be barely moving if he was reacting at those speeds.Thats enough to drive anyone insane.
Raising a shield take literally less than a second so i dont see this being much of an issue.
He does in fact have a magic shield that makes him invulnerable.The only problem is that it saps his magic like crazy.In this case he has unlimited magic so he can keep it up for as long as he wants.
Superman isnt going to have superman level reactions in this fight for reasons iv stated.

The OP doesn't mention his reaction speeds so you can't assume they are degraded because of the fact that it would be really boring for Supes and my tactic for his reaction speed would be to shoot his heat vision as soon as the battle begins not throw 20 punches . Raising a shield would take only a second , yes , but first of all we don't know if the beams would hit him before raising it and second Link doesn't know Supes has a ranged attack so he won't instantly be raising his shield anyway.

#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

He could just freeze breath him. Then one punch ends him.

#45 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainRodgers said:

@Sherlock said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

The OP doesn't mention his reaction speeds so you can't assume they are degraded because of the fact that it would be really boring for Supes and my tactic for his reaction speed would be to shoot his heat vision as soon as the battle begins not throw 20 punches . Raising a shield would take only a second , yes , but first of all we don't know if the beams would hit him before raising it and second Link doesn't know Supes has a ranged attack so he won't instantly be raising his shield anyway.

Im not following your logic at all.How would it be boring for Supes if he didnt have lightspeed reaction time?It seems to me it would be more boring if he had it.If his mind is processing things at light speed his body is not going to be able to keep up with that pace,and that would include his heat vision.If he is thinking at light speed (And like any lightspeeder in comics seeing everything moving at normal speed as statues) then not only would it look like Link isnt moving but it would look like supes isnt moving either.It would seem like years for him to even throw a punch.Fact is him having light speed reactions and peak human speed makes absolutely no sense.
Reaction speed goes hand in hand with overall speed for reasons stated.If Supes was allowed to use his heat vision before Link knew the battle began then what good is it to take away his speed in the first place?
Again i would put that in the same boat as dodging Cyclops' Optic blasts,which people do regularly.
That cuts both ways.How often does Superman even without morals use his heat vision first thing?He is more likely to start off by brawling it out and trying to use his super strength and durability to win it.And FTR if someone shot something at you and you had a shield what would you do?
Also if he did use his heat vision then Link using the mirror shield can send it right back at him and if im not mistaken he can be hurt by his own heat vision
@Supreme Marvel
Link also has the Goron Mask which makes him considerably more resistant to cold and again has the mirror shield which has shown the ability to absorb it.
#46 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: How cold is his resistance go? Because Superman's freeze breath can go cold as space.

He could just pick up a rock and throw it at him. He still has his strength so that rock would move at high speeds. MUCH quicker than people with peak human reaction time. At that speed it will kill him instantly. He has no moral and therefore have no qualms of killing him.

#47 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

To my Link debaters...

#48 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt: That was somewhat unnecessary, Link has an ability that makes him completely invincible that he can spam all the time. I was thinking of removing it, but people think Superman can still win even though Link has it.

#49 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

The mental image of Link beating Supes makes me smile...

#50 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal-El.