Composite master sword

Composite shield

Infinite arrow reserves and composite bow

Composite gauntlets

Max hearts

Bunny Hood

Roc's feather

Composite magic armor/tunic and max rupees

Durability, agility, magic, strength and skill feats from all games (both lore and Game play wise)

Round 1

2nd metamorphosis Spawn

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@soothing_sounds said:

@cadencev2 What's your opinion SE?

Any version of Spawn other than Classic is a stomp as Spawn has ways like Black hole, Intangibility, and Mind Rape Link.

Classic Spawn would be a much fair match, in which case could swing in Links favor.

A match I would have no clue about would be Downings Spawn (I do not read current stuff of Spawn really) vs Link.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Soothing_Sounds
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

A match I would have no clue about would be Downings Spawn (I do not read current stuff of Spawn really) vs Link.

From what i've seen Downing is basically like Classic Spawn on crack. Same powers but to a stronger degree.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know much of Spawn, but IIRC, Link is immune to all magic due to his Triforce of Courage, unless it's from a very high magic of the Triforce of Power (Ganondorf).

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reikai

Link isn't immune to anything. Only the Hyrulian shield is immune and it blocks magic and is indestructible. Link himself is not.

This kinda reminds me of the Death Battle between Kratos and Spawn, and does give reasons as to why Spawn stomps Link here.

Loading Video...

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: They really didn't get Kratos right in that battle.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Actually, Link is immune to magic, because of his Triforce of Courage, as in In Twilight Princess, the Triforce of Courage, protected link from the Light World, by transforming Link into a wold instead of into a lost soul like every other being from the Light World. The Triforce of Courage also repels the Shadow Beasts who attempts to attack him when he is first dragged into the Twilight.

-Also, Link has Light & Silver Arrows, which are arrows with sacred light that can easily pierce and destroy evil itself.

-Plus, he has the the Master Sword, "The Blade of Evil's Bane", which also holds divine powers.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn was God once, this is a complete mismatch. Link can jump and shoot arrows at a guy who IS a machine gun. Or a tank. Or a dinosaur. Or God. No matter what agility and accuracy link has, which are his two primary traits in battle, he can't actually hurt spawn through his necrosuit. I mean, he can cut a hole with the master sword and stuff a bomb in there, but good luck getting that close to something that can be nothing but rapidly thrusting spikes if he so decides. This comes down to whether light arrows effect spawn or not. If they don't, spawn wins. If they do, considering they are made to defeat darkness, not only does link need to hit him at all, but he needs to hit him past the cape AND multiple times, as they couldn't just out n stop Gannon and spawn would turn him into porkchops. Ugly, green porkchops

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Actually, Link is immune to magic, because of his Triforce of Courage, as in In Twilight Princess, the Triforce of Courage, protected link from the Light World, by transforming Link into a wold instead of into a lost soul like every other being from the Light World. The Triforce of Courage also repels the Shadow Beasts who attempts to attack him when he is first dragged into the Twilight.

-Also, Link has Light & Silver Arrows, which are arrows with sacred light that can easily pierce and destroy evil itself.

-Plus, he has the the Master Sword, "The Blade of Evil's Bane", which also holds divine powers.

Well he is immune to Dark Magic/Curses, not so much other magic.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ximpossibrux

Spawn curbstomps.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: You can say the Triforce of Courage is a safeguard toward magic, as it protects him from things that can hurt him, but not so much in a physical sense. Also, doesn't Spawn use dark type magic?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadovvlite: Again, no. It only protects him from certain plot-instances. It doesn't make him immune to magic in its entirety, otherwise the majority of his enemies wouldn't be a threat since they used magic. We're also talking a completely different form of magic here that falls outside their purview.

So far, nothing stops Spawn from porting in, bypassing Link's defenses, and putting a bullet in his head.

@zombiemowlcher:

Couldn't exactly stuff every weapon on him, but the reasoning was sound. Spawn can feed off the evil and sin of others. Kratos has done nothing but kill, maim, murder and wage war his entire life. And, knowing or not, he did kill his own wife and daughter, and was cursed to wear their ashes by an Oracle for the rest of his life.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

@shadovvlite said:

@wolfrazer: You can say the Triforce of Courage is a safeguard toward magic, as it protects him from things that can hurt him, but not so much in a physical sense. Also, doesn't Spawn use dark type magic?

Well Link has been hurt by magic before from Ganon, and pretty sure some others. I guess immune is the wrong choice he can last against it might be better it won't drop him with 1 shot, he is immune to curses from powerful dark magic though or so it says. Though probably Spawn does ya.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dondave

Spawn

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn has Necromplasm which is a Hellish matter and used for his more basic magic and energy attacks. Other magic he learned from Houdini and other sources.

Houdini taught him to use his shroud (Leetha) to bend space and transport to him any item that already exists that's within its power to do so. Meaning he can't, say, make a spaceship appear from his cloak. But he can fit rocket launchers in there. Also, this form of magic does not drain any of Spawn's necroplasm and is a limitless resource, which enables him to pull all sorts of firearms and explosives out of thin air anytime he wants.

Other magic, as mentioned in the video, he learned that enables him to control the elements, which doesn't factor into a Light or Dark Range. It's simply a form of Manipulation, meaning he can turn the fire arrows against Link, or tear up the earth, or if nearby water sources, make water spouts to attack him or tidal waves, depending on how much of that resource is available.

In any case, Link has no defense against Leetha. It can glide right across his shield and grab all his joints, wrists and ankles and suspend Link in the air, leaving him utterly defenseless and vulnerable. The Master Sword could certainly cut the shroud and chains, but the problem being they can attack and grab him from every direction at the same time, and Link can only stop those in a planar move with his Spin Strike. It won't stop the ones above or below him.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@reikai:

-Which enemy used magic against Link? I don't know all the enemies, but I think all of them were either physical or elemental type fights.

-What type of magic would you say Spawn use then? If It's any type of dark like magic, then I don't see why not.

-Link is a master swordsmen, gaining experience from all his past generations. I would say he is at least fast enough, as he has auto focus, lol. Plus, he has Navi to guide him throughout the battle.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Spawn would beat Link...

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Wasn't most of the plot to redeem himself? And take vengeance? Also with link, his sword is made to banish evil, as we all know. I would've made Spawn vs Okami, rather than this due to the fact she is more capable against people like Spawn.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemowlcher:Al Simmons wanted revenge for Malebolgia tricking him. But he didn't return to life for revenge. He made the bargain so he could see his wife again. He came back for Love. Other Hellspawn came back for more selfish reasons, like power or honor or vengeance.

Al Simmons would work to not only defeat Malebolgia, but regain his humanity and protect his loved ones by any means necessary. Which has included going back to Hell to restore his powers, fighting other Hellspawn, Violator, other demons, Angels and servants of Heaven, and even killing Malebolgia and assuming control over that level of Hell.

Simmons would relinquish that power to return to Earth and protect Wanda (his now ex-wife). Part of the plot involved tricking Simmons into impregnating Wanda with a hellspawn child who'd become the vessel for Satan and would begin Armageddon. He would then have to protect God's vessel until it was ready to fight Satan on equal terms.

However, Simmons learned that both God and Satan are, in fact, brothers. Both of whom are omnipotent. And they're both jerks. God isn't good and Satan isn't evil. They're both just a pair of douchebags that've been screwing over the world to settle a universe-old argument between the two of them because they'd never be able to settle it between themselves, because they're both equally powerful.

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are giving Link to much credit after that horrendous DEATHBATTLE.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombieMowlcher

@reikai: I meant the plot to God Of War, but nice summary of spawn. What about okami vs spawn?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemowlcher: I never played Okami, but it's harder to figure as she is really Amaterasu who is the supreme sun Goddess who assumes the form of a wolf to deal with corruptive forces and her 'brush' enables her to essentially alter the world around her in various ways.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

bump

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

spawn

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

-Which enemy used magic against Link? I don't know all the enemies, but I think all of them were either physical or elemental type fights.

-What type of magic would you say Spawn use then? If It's any type of dark like magic, then I don't see why not.

-Link is a master swordsmen, gaining experience from all his past generations. I would say he is at least fast enough, as he has auto focus, lol. Plus, he has Navi to guide him throughout the battle.

Spawn uses Necroplasma. It is Reality Warpin Magic of Hell origin. Spawn can also use the power of the Green. This is Nature. Natural Magic. There is 3 sources of magic. Heaven, Hell and Green World (Earth).

However Spawn uses High Tech Weapons, as well physical attacks from his suit, cape, and chains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting tired of plot device arguments, Spawn stomps

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Spawn wins

(Click it)

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

The138L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Composite link wins, especially since most of his armor, weapons and magic would directly protect him from most of spawns magic.

Necroplasma would not effect link either due to his master sword, rupee armor, goddess' blessings and so on.

Link will win, his armor will protect him, his magic will at least keep him alive long enough to kill spawn with the MS.