Link vs Lion-O

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

Link has The Master Sword, Hylain Shield, Hero's bow with 20 standard arrows, 5 bombs, and the Hook-Shot

Lion-O has the Sword of Omens and Claw Shield

Both can use feats from anything

Both are in character

No prep

They start 50 feet apart

Fight takes place in a Roman Coliseum

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link FTW

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reikai

Link: "With the Power Gloves I can lift a bounder weighing several thousand pounds!"

Lion-o: "I kept a spaceship from achieving escape velocity."

Link: "...yeah, well, I beat Majora's mask that had the power of a god!"

Lion-o:" "Sure. After it gave you the power to do so. I beat a magic mummy powered by four Evil Gods regularly."

Link: "But that's all the swords power!"

Lion-o: "And where does all -your- power come from again? And at least I don't need to reclaim the same equipment over and over and over again."

Link: "That's the developers fault, not mine!"

Lion-o: "That's just an excuse."

Link: "Well at least Navi isn't as annoying as Snarf!"

Lion-o: "Too bad. The Snarf in my new series doesn't talk, which still makes Navi more annoying and useless."

Link: "Gah! Well at least I know that Zelda loves me and I save the kingdom from evil!"

Lion-o: "Yeah, and I've saved both Third Earth and New Thunderra, and have the love of people from across a galaxy. Oh and I'm a King and a leader, not a Knight who just gets called to duty everytime the Princess gets kidnapped."

Link: "Fffffffff...well at least Zelda puts out!"

Lion-o: "Not to you."

Link: "GRAGH!!"

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MirrorWave4
Avatar image for infinite_devil_trigger
Infinite_Devil_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirrorwave4: Do you mean "quote for truth" or "quit fucking talking"? Sorry I'm new here, are we allowed to swear?

Infinite_Devil_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I didn't know that guy from Thunder Cats could look so cool. I always imagined him as a fur fag. I'm sure the series has it's own charm but that's just my first impression, as I've never seen the show at all and only know him from Robot Chicken. So you can now see why my impression of him is left this way.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinite_devil_trigger: Cursing as such like that is prohibited. And Lion-o is pretty boss. Link has his games and Manga to pull from (the manga kinda retconning the games a bit by removing mechanics and making the story better).

Lion-o has done a lot and the Sword of Omens is one of the most powerful things to come out of the 80's. It enables him to do almost anything he can think of. From escaping outer dimensions to holding an entire planet together in a gravity field.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: You seem to be the authority here on lion o so can you give me a rundown since iv been called out to support link?

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PartialSanity

Feats from anywhere? Alright-o. Link can regularly survive bolts of thunder, being set on fire, survive punches that can send weakened opponents miles away, withstand missile blasts, power beams, shadow balls, laser beams, and beets. And that's just a small part of his endurance.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Battle actually did a fairly decent rundown of his abilities. However I am no major on the subject and they only went by the 80's cartoon series, they did not include the entirety of the Thundercats media which includes the New series on Cartoon Network, as well as numerous comic books.

Lion-o is incredibly strong. He possesses a degree of super-human strength attributed to his Role and status as Lord of the Thundercats. Helps he's an alien-feline too. During "The Trials" in which Lion-o had to meet challenges issued by the other Thundercats, being tested in various ways both physically and mentally. He had to survive on his own and both the Claw Shield and Sword of Omens were removed from him during the Trials as he had to complete them without aid from Anyone, nor from the Sword.

He had to best Panthro in strength, who could lift and toss the Thundertank. He had to best Cheetara in speed, and did so by taking a shorter track than she had, which was far more dangerous in order to make up for his lack of speed next to her in a flat foot race. It was also a test of endurance. Cheetara can maintain her top speed for only a short while, after which she is greatly exhausted, which enabled Lion-o to close the distance and overtake her.

Against Wily Kit and Kat he had to prove he was more cunning than the twins, and against Tigra not only did he have to prove his skill but his mental strength as Tigra assaulted him with illusions, his fears and doubts. This is not something Tigra normally uses as it is very straining.

Lion-o's final trial was to defeat his greatest nemesis, which was Mumm-Ra. In this case the writers needed to come up with a way for Lion-o to win, given Mumm-Ra's great power and the fact Lion-o had to face him within the Black Pyramid where Mumm-Ra had the homefield advantage.

This all pretty much just the first half of the first season.

Infinite_Devil_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Oh, alright, I'll be careful with what I say from now on, and he does have amazing feats, but my opinion stands on his appearance, however. But he looks no better than Link with his dress and ear rings. Thank you for the information anyway, I can already tell Link loses here, he's pretty much down on the near bottom of the list when it comes to feats.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinite_devil_trigger: That is his 80's character design. A lot of characters made in the 80's looked like that. He-Man was worse, and his design didn't change much for his 2002 series. However, Lion-o's character design in the New Thundercats series is very different and a lot more streamlined than his 1980's wrestling attire.

No Caption Provided

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy wins.
This guy wins.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link. he can just use the stone mask and Lion O won't see him, or the fierce deity mask and over power his foe.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By reikai

@ssjlozza:

Lion-o: "Sword of Omens! Give me sight beyond sight!" *sees Link* "...that's a stupid hiding place."

Link: "Gawd-damnit!"

FDM isn't standard and lost its power once Majora was destroyed.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: Sight beyond sight will let him see Link, power beyond power will let him overpower Link.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By reikai

@sheenlantern: Or any of his super-human senses will allow him to detect Link and smack'im, as they were enough to detect an invisible Tigra during the Trials.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SSJLozza

@ssjlozza: Sight beyond sight will let him see Link, power beyond power will let him overpower Link.

Link can use bomb arrows to take him out from a distance.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: And Lion-o can toss them aside with the Sword's tractor beam, or blow them away mid-air with anyone of a number of the Sword's energy projection abilities. Or just sit there with an energy shield and wait for Link to run out of arrows.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: Exactly how powerful are these arrows? Lion-O has survived the core of a planet.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link stomps hard.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SheenLantern

@carter_esque: You do realise that Lion-O is supersonic, has class 100 strength and invulnerabilty?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lion-O wins.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

link just has to destroy his sword, and his whole entire race will die off. his annoying fairy will inform him on that

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikesterman: And all Lion-o has to do is stab Link in the throat. Or decapitate him. Or run him through the chest. Or lop off a limb and watch him bleed to death. See where this is going?

Link has far more vulnerabilities and fewer abilities on his own. Lion-o could easily yank the Hyrulian Shield and Master Sword from Link's hands with the Sword of Omen's tractor ray, toss them into a volcano, and proceed to tear Link's arms offs.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Lion-o, but it would be more interesting if you gave Link more of his inventory.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight.. Link wins.

Lion-o just cant handle the hero of time...... Sorry.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmart4455: So despite the fact Lion-o is bigger, stronger, faster, and can do more with his One Sword than Link has been able to do with every piece of equipment in his entire game series, is going to lose to an elf who forgets his pants?

Link's out of luck.

ZellTemplar55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZellTemplar55

Link stomps, he's stronger (has lifted thousands of tons by lifting those giant black granite pillars), he's faster (Can dodge energy based attacks no problem), he's more powerful (He's ranked as star level while Lion-O is only planet level, the Sword of Omens can only destroy planets), Link also matured faster than Lion-O as Lion-O is still a bit childish, winner the hero of time Link

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Lion-o pimp slaps fairy boy.

The138L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is composite link he absolutely slaughters lion-o

Btw a lot of you people need to actually play TLOZ before writing these (highly) rediculous responses.

Composite link could effortlessly warp time, fire arrows embued with the power of god, be literally invulnerable and has TONS of rediculous plot devices to call from.

He could obliterate lion-o with the medallions alone or send him into the dark world.

Composite link is absolute absurd however if its SS link he probably loses

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure on this but doesn't composite Link have the tri-force?

The138L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap_ii: yes, composite link is basically god.

The138L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Is this like a serious response?

1) the gloves give him superhuman strength, he simply uses it to lift boulders--that doesnt mean this is the extent of thier power.

2) MM is not the strongest mask (Fierce Deity is) and I'm not sure what this post is supposed to mean since skull kid was a reality warpers and bringing down planets with the mask on.

3) the master sword is infinitely superior to lion-o's sword, its power comes from Divine beings and killed/banished the god of his universe. He also does not reclaim the same equipment over-and-over again (there are different links, different timelines; etc), also not sure how or why this matters.

4) navi is annoying....point being?

5) link has ->repeatedly<- saved timelines, dimensions and divine/sacred beings. Do not ever compare Lion-o to this. Young link saved three timelines and beat 2 deities at like 7 years old.

I know that you think lion-o is better? But he will not win a fight against composite Link

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link only wins if you give him composite spells, which include time hax. Lion-O's physicals are higher and I'd argue the Sword of Omens is way more broken.

The138L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The138L

@captfalcon725: no, the OG versions of link could win without being composite. Lion-o's physicals dont mean he wins, since every major enemy in TLOZ was vastly superior to link. Link beat a superior version of himself. He wins (here) because link is essentially handicapped and limited to items that Lion-o could naturally counter.

If link had a fully upgraded master sword? His mirror shield? His light arrows? His upgraded tunics? Fairies? Lion-o definitely will not win--if so, not easily

And Lion-o's sword is superior to an unbreakable sword, powered by god with essentially limitless capabilities?

please explain, because a fully upgraded MS should snap his sword in half