Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Link is wielding the Master sword. Hero of Oakvale is wielding Avo's Tear.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator

What did the hero of oakvale do in actual cannon lore?

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrPhoenix

I would say Hero of Oakvale, assuming he has all available powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: He has defeated Jack of Blades humanoid and dragon form. Jack was a third of the courts power. Together the court was able to set fire to the whole world, drown the whole world, and made the world cower in fear or something. http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_of_Blades there's info on jack http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_of_Oakvale here's info on hero.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say the Hero of Oakvale would win, but this is Link we are talking about here (and I don't really remember everything about Fable 1).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoO is awesome beyond belief and is a very underappreciated character IMO but I think Link has him beat in almost every category.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... Hero of Oakvale, now that's a title I aint heard in YEARS. Awesome to see it again. I think Chicken Chaser would win.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So cause I'm kinda skeptical of wikis, what are the HoO's sword feats? How great a swordsman is he? Etc, I'm assuming this is just a sword fight, so that's all that should be needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: HoO would have access to his standard spells just as Link have access to his standard tools, but for the most part i see this as going as more of a sword fight. Avo's Tear and Master Sword should be pretty equal in power. He has defeated a powerful wizard named Maze, with most likely a combinmation of sword and skill. He defeated a large Kraken that was dwelling near a prison. There's quite a few things he's done, and I can't think of all of them right now. I do know though, that Avo's Tear has augmentations such as health and mana augmentations. If memory serves correct, these replenish his health and mana, so I think it's safe to say HoO will be able to take light hits from Link. This could go either way imo.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

@zaluk: I've played the game, but aside from that I don't know much about what's he's done in cannon lore. I also believe jack wasn't at his peak when the hero of oakvale beat him, consodering he'd been body swapping for years upon years.

I know more about the third hero (brightwall I think it was), considering he has more feats that we can quantify outside of gameplay mechanics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Is there any indication that Jacks power gets hindered everytime he body swaps? If not there is no reason to believe so.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...this is just a sword fight? No potions or magic?

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoO

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@zaluk: no, but he went from being able to to destroy nations (or contribute to a third of it) to struggling with one hero; who hasn't shown any feats on par with scythe/William black (I think that's his name?).

Heck, scythe could barely beat the council in their prime, so jack should be able to give him a decent fight alone. Whereas the hero of oakvake couldn't remotely hurt scythe, yet could still beat jack. Implying hed gotten weaker

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nobody beats the green tunic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: William black destroyed Jack rather easily. So the implication isn't there. William only REALLY struggled with Queen of Blades. Besides, Hero of Oakvale was a Archon, a descendant of William, who can't die easily, so of course Jack would struggle with him. Any of the Archons could give any member of the court a run for their money, not necessarily beat them, but give them a fight.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

Nobody beats the green tunic.

U WAT M8?

Loading Video...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: What spells are there for HoO? Also how fast is he? How skilled? Although tbh I'm holding Link as having far more sword experience.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Um going off of the gameplay of both id see the hero of oakvale but with lore im not sure. I think link has more dangerous foes.

Starlord14477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love link to death but hoO takes this this

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Fable was pretty awesome, but we don't really know how skilled he is outside of gameplay.

Actually, come to think of it, is their anything to demonstrate how skilled Link is outside of gameplay?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: I've played the game, but aside from that I don't know much about what's he's done in cannon lore. I also believe jack wasn't at his peak when the hero of oakvale beat him, consodering he'd been body swapping for years upon years.

I know more about the third hero (brightwall I think it was), considering he has more feats that we can quantify outside of gameplay mechanics.

In all honesty, I don't think the Hero of Brightwall was nearly as impressive, in hindsight, as The Hero of Bowerstone. Just from what I've seen, mind you.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolfrazer

@granitesoldier: Very much so yes, although you'd need to see the manga for that part. Manga may not be canon story wise(some of them do follow the games pretty close, just about exact really), but as per stats for Link, they should show what he is capable of outside of gameplay. You also got the Link vs Pit animated fight, again...non canon story wise but still it shows what he is capable of.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does link have acesss to feircy deity link mask cus if he does its a stomp

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thedailybagel  Moderator

@scouterv: he constantly turned the tide of entire battles in a novel based 7 years after fable 3. And also received training from garth. He was pretty powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Spells http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Physical_Spells http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Surround_Spells In the game, his maxed out speed is rather fast. He was one of the few people who went through the whole of the arena without stopping for a rest. Each round of the arena comprises of multiple enemies for the Hero to face. It's safe to say he has incredible endurance and durability and very skilled.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: Nothing really Link hasn't done already with dungeons pretty much, some of the spells might be tricky, but Link should be able to handle it, given his experience with magic based users and he himself is rather quick and agile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I'm not sure how Link is gonna handle his life being drained or divine fury. I didn't know who would win at first, but after thinking about it I think the HoO would win.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zaluk: The ToC/MS will protect him from the Life Drain, Divine Fury that seems to take time to charge which the Hero isn't gonna have time to do with Link being ontop of him and if he tries doing so, that's the end, besides as you yourself said, you see this mostly being a sword fight and also the OP.

So really I don't see the spells being used all that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: While I do see this as being mainly a sword fight, HoO will obviously fall back on his powers if he needs too, which he will. He is most likely outclassed by Link as a swordsman, so HoO will use his powers, then Link can't do much.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk: Ok but will he be able to use his powers before being killed though if it starts out as a sword fight?....Doesn't seem likely.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaluk said:

@wolfrazer: I'm not sure how Link is gonna handle his life being drained or divine fury. I didn't know who would win at first, but after thinking about it I think the HoO would win.

Naryu's Love, or, if he is allowed a shield then the Hylian Shield can reflect magic also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Lol there's no way HoO is gonna die easily to Link is a sword fight, he's no slouch himself. He'll know when to use his magic. Have you even played Fable?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zaluk: Did I say the HoO was a slouch? No, but knowing when to use magic is gonna be the problem before something happens or if there's any chance to use it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I highly doubt there'll be no chance to use the magic. Besides, the hero can also use magic with his attacks, like Multi strike, Beserk, Assassin dash etc.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Link

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hero of time should win. he can slow down time with his spells and use assasin's rush to get behind link and slit his throat

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AmethystGravity

What version of Link is kind of important, though the picture suggest Twilight Princess Link. If the only real gear the characters use are those listed (hopefully they have armor, or at least clothes), this is almost a stomp in favor of the Hero of Oakvale, given his magic would still be allowed. The ethereal swrods and summoned minion can force Link to be on the defensive, and if he tries using a spin attack, it could leave him open to electric magic, fire ball, force blast, etc.

Twilight Princess Link didn't seem to have time hax, so if the Hero uses slow time, he could blitz Link.

Before someone says that Link deals with a magic swordsman (Ganondorf), not only is Ganondorf a different opponent in abilities and moves, Twilight Princess Link needed Midna, the weakpoint from the sages, the light spirits, Zelda, and Epona to defeat Ganondorf.

I don't see why Link has so much more sword experience, unless there's a quoteo r source that says each Link receives the previous Links' knowledge. After all, why would the Hero's shade need to teach Twilight Princess Link? Of course, said training probably means Twilight Princess Link is one of the most skilled Links, but I would hardly say the Hero of Oakvale, a character who's trained since childhood and has the Archon bloodline to make him a master of Will powers, skill powers, and strength powers.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@amethystgravity: By default, Link is composite and has the equipment from all his games on the battle forum. That said, unless the other guy has great hax resistance, he'll lose to Link like most role playing characters would

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: The gear was specified, and I don't understand why Link would be composite. A composite Link, as far as I know, has never appeared, so I don't see how that would be the first choice, especially given that the Battle Forum Rules 3.0 state that when not specified, characters are standard/current when the thread was made with standard gear. Again, I don't think any of the games at the ends of the timelines had composite Links, not to mention the equipment and picture wouldn't suggest that anyway.

Otherwise, I would agree that composite Link would probably beat Hero of Oakvale unless slow time + life-drain could breach Link's defenses, which seems a dubious prospect to me.

maisel97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we need to first figure out how this is going to work. If we are using the current versions of both characters it could go either way. And if we simply use both characters at their prime then the battle could change drastically. The most recent version of Link is the Hero of the Wild from Breath of the Wild so we will just go with that for now (Although the Link from Zelda 2 would obliterate the Hero of Oakvale)

While the Hero of Oakvale has the superior magic capabilities, Link's speed is well beyond anything that the Hero of Oakvale has dealt with. In Breath of the Wild we see Link moving at speeds that make run circles around the Hero of Oakvale event with slow time involved. Link would be moving so fast in fact, that the Hero of Oakvale's magic ability "physical shield" would drain way to fast for the hero to respond. Then there is the fact that Link has his own version of physical shield which protects him from literally all attacks, even from strikes from the Calamity Ganon, a being that uses the full power of Demise. Compare that with the greatest opponent the Hero of Oakvale has ever fought, Jack of Blades. Jack was able to destroy the land of Albion in dragon form (the Court never destroyed the planet, they just caught the world on fire. STILL IMPRESSIVE THOUGH!) Jack was most definitely a powerful threat. But compare that to Calamity Ganon. Calamity Ganon is essentially Demise from Skyward Sword, but at his maximum power. When at merely a fraction of his power, Demise was capable of creating entire realms without any consequences. So imagine what Calamity Ganon could do now that he had the full power of Demise and several thousand years worth of experience. In Breath of the Wild, the only reason Ganon does not outright destroy Link is because Zelda (who is the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia, a goddess who defeated Demise at full power) was preventing Ganon from outright destroying the world. So Link could straight up take hits from a dimensional warper without a scratch.

Link essentially would be able to stand up to every attack of the Hero of Oakvale without any trouble. Then there is his skill with the bow and his arrows like the ancient arrow or bomb arrows. Without potions the Hero of Oakvale would be wiped out in this battle.