User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By those_eyes
Gundam wing 0
Gundam wing 0

Vs

Link
Link

Rules

Link has all equipment and magic except fierce deity mask.

Random Encounter

Winner by death

Scenario

Link is wondering the fields and looks up into the sky and sees a giant robot coming straight towards him. Link takes caution and pulls out his weapons and starts equipping himself.

Link has 20 seconds to prepare himself before the gundam lands and starts attacking.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kyrees

wing zero lands, fly back to the stratosphere and fires his plasma rifle to link and continues firing till link is vaporized

Limilicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Link has a reaction and speed advantage with respect to dodging, getting in and out, and tossing attacks at Wing Zero. But if Wing Zero ever wants to run away, Link isn't going to catch him...at all... So whether this fight continues is all up to Wing Zero. And Wing Zero can simply fly up into the stratosphere like the other guy said and shoot range attacks till no tomorrow.

Perhaps I don't know Link well enough. But it feels like a stomp, especially with the buster rifle.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wolfrazer  Online

Either put Link in actual threads where there is a fight, or don't at all.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As soon as the gundam lands, Link stops time turns Giant and cuts him in half, lol. Though seriously, that's the only way link can win, and even that may not work from what i've heard of Gundams durability. I honestly don't think anything else Link does will effect the gundam in the slightest and i'm a pretty big link fan.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carter_esque

Either put Link in actual threads where there is a fight, or don't at all.

Seriously though.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kyrees

@cor_tsar said:

As soon as the gundam lands, Link stops time turns Giant and cuts him in half, lol. Though seriously, that's the only way link can win, and even that may not work from what i've heard of Gundams durability. I honestly don't think anything else Link does will effect the gundam in the slightest and i'm a pretty big link fan.

gundams from gundam wing can endure a lot of firepower. a laser cannon has destroyed a gundam twice. normal energy blades take an awfully long time to break into their armor and gundam grade energy blades pass through another gundam easily

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link gets stepped on.

The End

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@kyrees: Are you referring to the fact that i only say Gundam instead of Gundam Wing? Anyways as a fan, what's there's slicing/cutting durability like? Do you think a giant Master blade could cut through one?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kyrees

@cor_tsar said:

@kyrees: Are you referring to the fact that i only say Gundam instead of Gundam Wing? Anyways as a fan, what's there's slicing/cutting durability like? Do you think a giant Master blade could cut through one?

gundams don't have the same durability throughout the saga. i remember one gundam's leg got shot off by a basic mobile suit rifle and it's one of the more recent series

it's takes an awful lot of strength and heat to cut through this version of gundamium alloy. i don't think a giant master blade has enough sharpness to do that, nor link has enough strength to cut through.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Is this serious?

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I've only watched Gundam as a youngbull so i'll have to take your word for it. Hmm, i honestly don't know what to say, Link can't really do anything here. They still have human pilots? Bombos may work by attacking internally, but that requires too much speculation. All Link's extreme versatility can do here is prevent the inevitable for a long time.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait..... what? Either this is ROFLSTOMP-OF-IMPOSSIBLE-PROPORTIONS or I'm missing something about link.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kyrees

@cor_tsar: wing zero is piloted by a human although its pilot will go insane because of its computerized precognition that is directly fed to your brain. that precog system can "predict" the fight between him and link will go.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

link uses his 20 seconds to go back in time then slows time down so that he can get more prep time he comes up with multiple plans one is asking those giants to help him they were able to hold up the moon so their pretty strong

another idea is to get the drop on the flying metal monster (link doesn't know what a gundam is) as a giant and cut it now some may say that the gundam is to durable but your forgetting links swords is a magic sword that vanquishes evil now some may say that the gundam isn't evil well being evil is subjective and links girlfriend is the mortal incarnation of his worlds goddess and the fight takes place in his universe. it's safe for me to assume that a giant flying metal monster attacking the worlds hero is going to be considered evil.

I could come up with more but really he doesn't need it since the op says that he has all equipment and magic except fierce deity mask. that means he can use everything he got from every game except the fierce deity mask including things from skyward sword the game were he got the full triforce that grants the users any wish.

link stomps

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@kyrees: Gundam can't predict time stop, lol, even if he could wouldn't help. But point's pretty null since Link has no concrete way to actually harm him, Bombos might bypass Gundam suit in general and just blow up the pilot, but as said before, that's mainly speculation.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivion360: going back in time is nullifying the battle because you are not present to fight the enemy. link will might as well go back in time and stop the creation of wing zero. wishes as well, what's the point of that when he can just wish wing zero away ?

there's no point to debate with those two in tow.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivion360: No way to know if sword could cut through Gundam Wing is the problem, it could be argued either way, but the sword has known limitations and works best against flesh. Giants were slow, and couldn't even hold the moon up at the end. I usually just exclude the Triforce, i was thinking of it originally, but that'd make it a quick one sided stomp for Link.

Trust me man, i'm a fan of Link's, but even his extreme elemental magic is earthbound stuff. Bombos has the possibility of just hitting the pilot, but since Lttp never had a robot that had a pilot that's unknown and speculative, very much so actually. And a lot of his other items and abilities wouldn't put a dent in him.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

link uses his 20 seconds to go back in time then slows time down so that he can get more prep time he comes up with multiple plans one is asking those giants to help him they were able to hold up the moon so their pretty strong

another idea is to get the drop on the flying metal monster (link doesn't know what a gundam is) as a giant and cut it now some may say that the gundam is to durable but your forgetting links swords is a magic sword that vanquishes evil now some may say that the gundam isn't evil well being evil is subjective and links girlfriend is the mortal incarnation of his worlds goddess and the fight takes place in his universe. it's safe for me to assume that a giant flying metal monster attacking the worlds hero is going to be considered evil.

I could come up with more but really he doesn't need it since the op says that he has all equipment and magic except fierce deity mask. that means he can use everything he got from every game except the fierce deity mask including things from skyward sword the game were he got the full triforce that grants the users any wish.

link stomps

Link even if he gets 10 years of prep time would never even scratch the armor of a gundam, gundanium armor..

Wing gundam steps on him.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oblivion360

@kyrees: I wasn't really serious with the going back in time thing

wishes as well, what's the point of that when he can just wish wing zero away ?

there's no point to debate with those two in tow.

this is my point with the tri force link is a high tier reality warper and can have sword fights with demons that give gods trouble

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivion360: and then there''d be no point to discuss with that because of the simple indication that any wish he can do can easily swath away wing zero.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@cor_tsar said:

gundams don't have the same durability throughout the saga. i remember one gundam's leg got shot off by a basic mobile suit rifle and it's one of the more recent series

it's takes an awful lot of strength and heat to cut through this version of gundamium alloy. i don't think a giant master blade has enough sharpness to do that, nor link has enough strength to cut through.

Gundanium armor took a direct hit and blast from a superweapon.Libra.. that its fire power dwarfs nukes and can alter the earths weather.

And the armor is still intact.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@cor_tsar said:

Gundanium armor took a direct hit and blast from a superweapon.Libra.. that its fire power dwarfs nukes and can alter the earths weather.

And the armor is still intact.

and yet deathscythe version 1 was destroyed by a laser cannon fired by a taurus

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oblivion360

I wasn't serious with my first two points the triforce bit was my real point with it he stomps without it he gets stomped (literally) if the op changed and took out triforce but left in fierce deity I feel it would be a better fight

@kyrees said:

@oblivion360: and then there''d be no point to discuss with that because of the simple indication that any wish he can do can easily swath away wing zero.

Exactly my point

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: That is one of the Plotholes in gundam wing.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oblivion360

@chibi_cute: the time travel thing wasn't serious the point about the triforce is

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivion360: I mean fierce Deity is mainly unquantified and unexplained, i never look at him and expect to go far with a debate using him. Link wouldn't be stomped per se, but he can't win, he can't damage the Gundam in any way and sooner or later time stopping and invulnerability won't be available to him. Though now that i think about it, link could stop time, go intangible, get into the cockpit of the gundam, and kill the pilot, also speculative though. Link can possibly win this fight in many ways, but there's not enough proof to say any of these ways would work since tech is pretty uncommon in Zelda verse.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivion360: Wing Zero has:

A buster rifle that can fire multiple times at any range with enough force to completely one shot a colony...small city buster damage levels.

Low hypersonic movement speed with little to no reaction/targeting penalties (since on planet...and slower speeds are available)

The ZERO system feeds pilot Hero Yui every single possible outcome for every possible action. He is one of two people shown who can handle this and thus not go insane. He can literally see the way to win...at the very least there's literally zero chance he'll go anywhere near the ground.

Gundanium Alloy Armor withstands dozens upon dozens of missiles and blaster shots without taking serious damage if any. A boulder cutting sword is not getting through this.

Beam sword, can cut through even Gundanium alloy, intensity can be controlled.

Shoulder mounted machine guns (vulcan) fire rapid fire energy blasts that are individually arguable building busters.

The eye thing that i forget its name, on its forehead. It is literally wing zero's third eye, taking superdetailed visual analysis of his battle and feeding this information directly to the ZERO system. Which shows the pilot every possible path and outcome for the battle.

So its PIS incarnate as far as mecha go

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link vs a Cancer or something would a been better. Anything Talgheese and up is a hands down mismatch

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG POOR LINK!!

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oblivion360
@cor_tsar said:

@oblivion360: I mean fierce Deity is mainly unquantified and unexplained, i never look at him and expect to go far with a debate using him. Link wouldn't be stomped per se, but he can't win, he can't damage the Gundam in any way and sooner or later time stopping and invulnerability won't be available to him. Though now that i think about it, link could stop time, go intangible, get into the cockpit of the gundam, and kill the pilot, also speculative though. Link can possibly win this fight in many ways, but there's not enough proof to say any of these ways would work since tech is pretty uncommon in Zelda verse.

its true that fierce deity unquantified and unexplained and an argument for him would have a lot of no limit fallacies and link would to against certain people simply because of the lore of his weapons and equipment. i think they gave some info about fierce deity and majora in the hyrule historie I heard some things but I didn't check it out personally so I won't put them here but he has a better shot then regular link.

link stopping time and getting into the cockpit is cool and all but how would link know their is a cockpit their is no gundam in links universe no mech armor with a person inside he isn't going to get any info on his enemy in 20 seconds even if he stops time so the gundam will just be a flying metal monster to him. unless you want to argue that fi navi tatl or any of his annoying sidekicks will give him info about the pilot and any weak points but i really doubt that.

@oblivion360: Wing Zero has:

A buster rifle that can fire multiple times at any range with enough force to completely one shot a colony...small city buster damage levels.

Low hypersonic movement speed with little to no reaction/targeting penalties (since on planet...and slower speeds are available)

The ZERO system feeds pilot Hero Yui every single possible outcome for every possible action. He is one of two people shown who can handle this and thus not go insane. He can literally see the way to win...at the very least there's literally zero chance he'll go anywhere near the ground.

Gundanium Alloy Armor withstands dozens upon dozens of missiles and blaster shots without taking serious damage if any. A boulder cutting sword is not getting through this.

Beam sword, can cut through even Gundanium alloy, intensity can be controlled.

Shoulder mounted machine guns (vulcan) fire rapid fire energy blasts that are individually arguable building busters.

The eye thing that i forget its name, on its forehead. It is literally wing zero's third eye, taking superdetailed visual analysis of his battle and feeding this information directly to the ZERO system. Which shows the pilot every possible path and outcome for the battle.

So its PIS incarnate as far as mecha go

why are you telling me? this are you trying to say that the wing zero can tank reality warping out of existence. or that he could kill link before he uses the triforce even though link has 20 seconds of prep that he can use to win before the fight starts or did you not read my full post and the posts after that or did you mean to tag someone else because your post has nothing to do with what I was talking about

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

link stopping time and getting into the cockpit is cool and all but how would link know their is a cockpit their is no gundam in links universe no mech armor with a person inside he isn't going to get any info on his enemy in 20 seconds even if he stops time so the gundam will just be a flying metal monster to him. unless you want to argue that fi navi tatl or any of his annoying sidekicks will give him info about the pilot and any weak points but i really doubt that.

I actually would argue that. Link's sidekicks consistently can identify souls, lifeforces, and other such things. It wouldn't be hard for one of them to say "Link, there's a inner life-force, though the shell is made of invulnerable armor, don't know how you're getting around this one Link". Heck maybe using one of the fairies as a targetting system, Link could stop time and focus Bombos(magical attack that causes multiple spontaneous explosions) where his fairy is located. In fact, it's very possible Bombos may bypass armor anyways since his magical attacks focus on beings with a life force and flesh, never destroying buildings or other objects,only flesh.